Metal Gear Solid Tactical Game - Game Over! Innocent/US Government win!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
This was a good game, though I couldnt do much in the beginning since my ability wasnt really stellar, and in the late game, when I got a good one, Mekkah already knew everything ;__;

Sorry for being suspicious I guess? Why was that though lol, was it because I didnt want to give my frequency to dead Altair :x

At least I worked with Lesm nicely ^__^

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I claimed FOXHOUND to Lesm because it matched my character perfectly, so he hooked me up with similarly-FAUXHOUND Altair. Then he told me to claim US Government "so that we could mole them" - little did I know he just wanted to unite them, and little did he know that I intended to keep them from whom I thought was FOXHOUND!

My apprehension towards trusting the US Government grew as the game progressed, I must admit. :/ I thought we were in a pretty good position, having learned aska's complete role as well as shade's. But then sm64 didn't protect me. Then there was the rey voting fiasco. And then it was a given that the US Government would work with the more powerful Innocents. Of course, they were playing perfectly naturally - I had to remind myself that while our win conditions made us allies, the Innocents also had the luxury of mutual cooperation, and at the end of the day, the US Government had to make the decisions that would benefit them the most.

Overall, I really enjoyed this game - there was an immense amount of work put into it. Thanks to Accent and Exarius for hosting!

Altair

just who is the coon?
Yeah finally got my internet working!

Anyways this game was the most fun day/night cycle I have ever played, plus when I was dead planning with Mekkah was fun too.

Right after I got my Role PM, I was really confused. "We are a separate faction, in a game with two other factions and neutrals?" were my thoughts. I decided that everyone else was probably just as, if not more, confused than me though, and decided to play extremely aggressively. This meant contacting lesm, the "neutral who had to save civvies", and finding aska, liquid snake. Around this time I found eo, another FAUXHOUND, and with him and aska I made #foxy, which was probably the coolest mafia channel ever.

Anyways, after staying a while in #foxy and getting aska and eo's role PMs, I decided I wasn't having much luck moling FOXH and decided to try something else. By this time, I had found out about the innocents and undercovers, thanks to aska's win condition. aska had mentioned at some point that mm87, finn, and dubulous were all undercover agents who didnt know each other, so I decided to pretend to be undercover and "unite" them, which can be seen below:

Session Start: Mon Mar 01 15:37:00 2010
Session Ident: #undercover
03[15:37] * Now talking in #undercover
03[15:37] * Retrieving #undercover modes...
03[15:37] * Altair sets mode: +si
05[15:37] -dissonance.nl.eu.synirc.net:@#undercover- Altair invited alan|calculus into the channel.
03[15:37] * Joins: alan|calculus (alan@dirty.old.hipster)
[15:37] <alan|calculus> yo
05[15:37] -zero.dk.eu.synirc.net:@#undercover- Altair invited MagicMaster87 into the channel.
03[15:37] * Joins: MagicMaster87 (~HJ@synIRC-2F70E061.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
07[15:37] <alan|calculus> could i see your role pm altair
01[15:38] <@Altair> should finn be in here
01[15:38] <@Altair> yeah sure
[15:38] <MagicMaster87> alan is dubulous, right?
[15:38] <alan|calculus> yeah
[15:38] <MagicMaster87> so I'm guessing you're an Undercover Agent too, eh?
01[15:39] <@Altair> Dear Altair,
01[15:39] <@Altair> You are Francis.
01[15:39] <@Altair> You are a biker covered in tattoos, holding a shotgun, and you ain't afraid of no zombie horde. When things get nasty, you know you can count on your Molotov cocktails. You've worked in a team before, and you've got what it takes - no buddy is gonna die if you can do anything to stop it. Oh, and that Metal Gear thing? Come on, you faced a Tank. It was way scarier.
01[15:39] <@Altair> During the night, you can submit "Night X - Throw a pipe bomb at USER". You will try to attract your enemies towards your target, but unfortunately they aren't zombies. You will only infuriate any killer that targeted USER, and they will attack you instead.
01[15:39] <@Altair> Your CODEC frequency is the following: 140.66
01[15:39] <@Altair> You know the following frequencies:
01[15:39] <@Altair> 141.49 - Mekkah
01[15:39] <@Altair> 141.92 - supermarth64
01[15:39] <@Altair> You are aligned with the Undercover Agents. You win if all the members of the US Government, FOXHOUND, the Innocents, Liquid Snake, and Solid Snake are dead.
01[15:39] <@Altair> e_e i got random freqs
01[15:39] <@Altair> anyways
01[15:39] <@Altair> who should i target
01[15:39] <@Altair> tonight
[15:40] <alan|calculus> you got two frequencies?
[15:40] <alan|calculus> maaaaaan lucky
01[15:40] <@Altair> yeah lol
[15:40] <MagicMaster87> I already sent in my action
01[15:40] <@Altair> ok
01[15:40] <@Altair> can i see your role PMs
[15:40] <alan|calculus> um
[15:40] <alan|calculus> can we kill
[15:41] <MagicMaster87> Dear MagicMaster87,
[15:41] <MagicMaster87> You are Vulcan Raven.
[15:41] <MagicMaster87> When you were born, you had a large raven-shaped birthmark on your forehead. You were raised in Alaska as a shaman, and when you were old enough, you traveled the world and worked as a mercenary for various employers. You have an incredible strength and size, and with the birthmark on your head, you are a truly fearsome sight. When the new Metal Gear was made public, you felt the spirits were disturbed, and decided to destroy it b
[15:41] <MagicMaster87> During the night, you can submit "Night X - Summon spirits to USER". You will use your shamanistic powers to summon raven spirits which will ambush USER and carry them to Alaska. They will return after two nights, but until then, they will be considered dead for the game's purpose. Their CODEC will still work, though. Only one player can be kept into Alaska at once because, well you may be a shaman, but you don't have an unlimite
[15:41] <MagicMaster87> Alternatively, you can submit "Night X - Call the birds back early". Instead of waiting for another night, you will mentally imitate the raven whistle, which will make your spirit flock come back with the player they had kidnapped.
[15:41] <MagicMaster87> Your CODEC frequency is the following: 141.98
01[15:42] <@Altair> i cant kill :/
01[15:42] <@Altair> neither can mm apparently
01[15:42] <@Altair> and im assuming you cant
01[15:42] <@Altair> so maybe asim?
01[15:42] <@Altair> or finn?
[15:43] <alan|calculus> Dear Dubulous,
[15:43] <alan|calculus> You are Spy.
[15:43] <alan|calculus> You are without a doubt the most classy AND vicious Team Fortress 2 character. Like any good infiltrator, your two signature devices are a cigarette and a knife, but you have yet to determine whether you should backstab everyone - like you usually do - or not. Of course, you are also fond of destroying machines, so when you were asked to participate in a secret mission to take out the Metal Gear REX-2, you immediately accepted.
[15:43] <alan|calculus> During the night, you can submit "Night X - Sap FREQUENCY1 and FREQUENCY2". You will stealthily use your trusty sapper on your targets' CODECs, and every communication that was to be received by one will go to the other instead. The frequencies will be reverted to normal at the dawn.
[15:43] <alan|calculus> Your CODEC frequency is the following: 140.40
[15:43] <alan|calculus> You know the following frequency:
[15:43] <alan|calculus> 141.39 - askaninjask
[15:43] <alan|calculus> You are aligned with the Undercover Agents. You win if all the members of the US Government, FOXHOUND, the Innocents, Solid Snake and Liquid Snake are dead.
[15:43] <alan|calculus> i can't kill
[15:43] <alan|calculus> is finn on our team
01[15:43] <@Altair> i dont know
01[15:43] <@Altair> he said he was undercover
01[15:44] <@Altair> but all he needs is fox and liquid to die
[15:44] <alan|calculus> yeah
[15:44] <alan|calculus> that doesn't feel right
[15:44] <MagicMaster87> that sounds more like U.S. government to me
[15:45] <alan|calculus> also what do you know about alchemator
01[15:45] <@Altair> ok
[15:45] <alan|calculus> first of all i don't think that i would be on a team with finn and alchemator and asim
01[15:45] <@Altair> he contacted me
01[15:45] <@Altair> in PM
[15:45] <alan|calculus> because i would assume that the teams are balanced
01[15:46] <@Altair> ok
01[15:46] <@Altair> im going to to say that one of them is innocent
01[15:46] <@Altair> they are only people that need us dead
01[15:46] <@Altair> besides the mercs i dont know shit about the mercs
[15:46] <alan|calculus> well
[15:46] <alan|calculus> asim is with us
[15:46] <alan|calculus> fo sho
01[15:46] <@Altair> ok
[15:47] <MagicMaster87> ok
[15:48] <MagicMaster87> btw I'm making a google spreadsheet, so I may not respond right away
01[15:49] <@Altair> oh i already made one
01[15:49] <@Altair> email me
[15:49] <MagicMaster87> oh
01[15:49] <@Altair> so i can add you
[15:49] <MagicMaster87> thundernyannyan@hotmail.com
[15:49] <MagicMaster87> er
01[15:50] <@Altair> sent
01[15:50] <@Altair> o
[15:50] <MagicMaster87> do you need a gmail email?
[15:50] <MagicMaster87> oh
[15:50] <MagicMaster87> nvm
[15:50] <MagicMaster87> thought you meant you were gonna give me online access
01[15:50] <@Altair> yeah
[15:51] <MagicMaster87> oh, you did
[15:51] <MagicMaster87> didn't know non-gmail could access
01[15:51] <@Altair> its gmail and hotmail
01[15:51] <@Altair> i think
01[15:51] <@Altair> http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tCq3PvHM54ngWKbSV9opJmQ&hl=en
[15:52] <MagicMaster87> ok
01[15:54] <@Altair> <FinnRagetti> us gov, innocents, and ss
01[15:54] <@Altair> <Altair> +foxhound and liquid?
01[15:54] <@Altair> <FinnRagetti> fuck I have to go to work. Damn it
01[15:54] <@Altair> <FinnRagetti> yes
01[15:55] <@Altair> huh
[15:56] <MagicMaster87> SS?
[15:56] <MagicMaster87> oh
01[15:56] <@Altair> solid snake
[15:56] <alan|calculus> ok so finn is probably lying
01[15:57] <@Altair> how so
01[15:57] <@Altair> <Alchemator> I'm Meryl Silverburgh
[15:57] <alan|calculus> acs5347@psu.edu
01[15:57] <@Altair> is that guy a prominent foxhound
[15:57] <alan|calculus> i dunno
[15:57] <alan|calculus> i don't know anything about the game
[15:58] <alan|calculus> finn didn't know the win condition though sooooo
[15:58] <MagicMaster87> according to the MGS wiki
[15:58] <MagicMaster87> Meryl is the daughter of the FOXHOUND commander
01[15:58] <@Altair> ok
01[15:58] <@Altair> hes on my hitlist
[15:58] <MagicMaster87> doesn't say whether she's actually part of it, though
01[15:58] <@Altair> then
01[15:58] <@Altair> its safe to assume so
[15:58] <MagicMaster87> from the little that I've read
[15:58] <alan|calculus> gotta go guys i'll be back soonis
[15:58] <alan|calculus> h
03[15:59] * alan|calculus is now known as alan|economics
01[15:59] <@Altair> ok
[16:00] <MagicMaster87> ok
[16:01] <MagicMaster87> reading more of the wiki, it doesn't seem like she was ever actually a part of FOXHOUND
01[16:01] <@Altair> huh
01[16:01] <@Altair> alright
[16:01] <MagicMaster87> since she was captured by its soldiers and tortured and used to capture Snake
01[16:01] <@Altair> good to know
[16:02] <MagicMaster87> and her father is the former commander of Foxhound, not the current one (current as in the the in-game time line)
01[16:03] <@Altair> whooooooooooooooo is impressed that i found liquid and solid
01[16:03] <@Altair> :)
[16:03] <MagicMaster87> lol
[16:03] <MagicMaster87> how'd you find them so quickly?
01[16:03] <@Altair> aska claimed to me
01[16:03] <@Altair> and he knew shade
01[16:04] <@Altair> in his role PM
01[16:04] <@Altair> anywyas
01[16:04] <@Altair> i have to do homework
[16:04] <MagicMaster87> ok
03[16:04] * Altair is now known as Awaytair
Session Close: Mon Mar 01 17:46:42 2010

After that, I realized that Mekkah and sm were on my team, after shade mentioned to me in a convo with him that FOXHOUND had each other's codecs. rey had also contacted me saying he knew my freq, so I thought that was our entire team (since I thought Undercovers only had 4 and the factions were balanced in numbers). I had also talked to LN, and I gave him quite a few codecs in exchange for Mekkah's role PM, which I then PMed him and asked for his email so I could give him spreadsheet access to my own spreadsheet, not the FOXHOUND 4ever or undercover one heh. I didnt give anyone else access until sm64 much later, which i kinda feel bad about but oh well.

After that I died, and the rest has been talked about. Good game Exaccent!!

edit: Oh and props to agape lol you were a great troll; #mgsHQ and #alphabetsoup had me and mekkah confused.

Fine game, trolling Exa was fun. (Konami code FTW)

Bomcs were maybe a little too complex for a small game, but that idea has some huge potential imao.

@alch: You didn't dupe me, we didn't believe each other.. lol

E: Thanks for the troll award :7

Agape, what in the hell did you flood my codec with? It translated into something Latin but online programs can't accurately translate so much text into anything but nonsense. I didn't use my codec once all game though, so no harm was done by it.

This game was fun, definitely put me on edge midgame with us being practically alone in the conflict. My early game communication was nil outside of the faction, I just speculated our position and things about the game in general. We caught onto the Merc/Govt alliance a bit late, after that we designated them the top priority. I played a terrible merc fake towards aska midgame, but he caught on eventually and we agreed to leave each other alone (then he hit zerowing, fucker). I gained very little information out of it though, I managed to get Jimbo's codec but that was it I believe. After weakening the mercs enough (man if our stealth had worked things would have been so much better), we knew the govt would work with us, as obligation towards the mercs wasn't enough to keep them swayed against us, especially with the double neutral alliance really making things difficult (guess that worked in our favor in hindsight).

Oh, I'm slow, so just how did we get the list of civilians so early? It made the game so much easier for us. Without it the game would have been a much harder ordeal as there were tons of useless freqs. Was it from Yeti? On the note of civilians, I do feel bad because Yoshi King wanted to help but at that point in the game there wasn't much he could do. He did contact at the perfect moment, I was going to hit his freq for inspection (wait I thought we had all civvy freqs, was this a spreadsheet error :S). The changed target was the last govt, so we knew all remaining targets were enemies and that was information enough concerning our kills (though we made informed kills all game). I was also very suspicious of the ISAC I got at the end of the game. It was from a civilian codec and I was pondering if civilians would even have ISACs. I ignored it because so late in the game it was useless and strange that I was getting it then of all times. Mekkah did reveal it was a trap, at which point he asked me why I didn't open it so he could paste it to Jimbo (as for why Mekkah didn't just let it go is beyond me), and I used my broken codec as an excuse :P

Would have been so much easier if our stealth had worked. Flounder would have lived and helped us with the mercs (well at that point it would have only been Jimbo but still!). TIK was entirely uncooperative and ended up being a large annoying factor as night kills were limited and hindered, while we had no guarantee of even winning the lynch. Fuck the double neutral combo by the way, it was hard as fuck to get around that. Glad it worked out in the end, this is like my 6th or 7th basic mafia win :D

It was an attempt to abuse the bomc system's flaws: The message had a pairless [/quote] tag which would supposedly have ended the message quote, causing the recipient to think that the latter part is Exarius' night info, causing confusion. The binary latin was meant to make Exarius ctrl-a the message without reading. Unfortunately he saw through that :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)