Metagame Metagamiate

Nice to see that meta again.
Necrozma gets a powerful Wring Out.
Also, since people already talked about Return/Frustration on Araquanid, i'll talk about Spit Up. Looks bad ? Well, not exactly. I don't know if it's a glitch, but look at this.
I can confirm that game-accurate behavior with Sleep Talk calling Spit Up still causes the stockpile to wear off, so that's a straight-up simulator error.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
so...this is a really...minor thing to argue about, but i would like normalize and "normalize" to be classified as different abilities, because since both abilities have different effects, they shouldn't be bundled togeather. and 2) let me run my damn kawaii cat u ass. seriously though, its a small thing, but i think it makes sense. besides, delcatty really doesn't get "op" with 1.44 boosted stab on all its moves. so its not like its gunna break the meta or anything .-.

i mean, you can argue that normalize is classified as a ate ability, and thus "normalize" takes priority, buuuut...that means that this meta is ignoring that normalize is already a thing, and would need to be changed, so that argument falls flat too.

*looks at attack stat* 65....6...5...ignore this. not even hacking can save that pitiful cat.

Last edited:
Well seeing how much support this has I just decided to knock it out. Shiny-locking should be removed now!

i tested this with a celesteela

Shiny locking is NOT removed in this meta. See my previous post. The simulator is making have either A: a non shiny Tapu Koko, or B: if I want to have a shiny one, I still have to match the event nature. Which effectively means it's still counting the in-game shiny lock. What I'm trying to use: Shiny Jolly Tapu Koko. What it's making me use: Non-shiny Tapu Koko if I want to use any nature other than timid.

In addition to the issue above, upon finally just using the crappy nature so I could use shiny physical Tapu Koko, the were TWO issues. First, the back sprite was showing non-shiny. This is minor. However, turns 5 and 6 of this battle show a MAJOR ISSUE in that it was somehow treating my Tapu Koko as a FLYING TYPE: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7metagamiate-36527

EDIT: It has been pointed out to me that I missed other problems in the battle with effectiveness. Sacred fire was SE against Tapu Koko and Gyarados was immune to Tbolt. About to test with other metas on the server to see if it's an issue with the meta or the server. It's not an issue present on the main server

EDIT 2: It is DEFINITELY a problem with the ENTIRE SERVER. IDK if the issue is arises with electric types or what but it's not entirely consistent. Turns 7-9 and 22-24 each show a different example of the issue. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7ou-36528

Last edited:
In addition to the issue above, upon finally just using the crappy nature so I could use shiny physical Tapu Koko, the were TWO issues. First, the back sprite was showing non-shiny. This is minor. However, turns 5 and 6 of this battle show a MAJOR ISSUE in that it was somehow treating my Tapu Koko as a FLYING TYPE: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7metagamiate-36527

EDIT: It has been pointed out to me that I missed other problems in the battle with effectiveness. Sacred fire was SE against Tapu Koko and Gyarados was immune to Tbolt. About to test with other metas on the server to see if it's an issue with the meta or the server. It's not an issue present on the main server

EDIT 2: It is DEFINITELY a problem with the ENTIRE SERVER. IDK if the issue is arises with electric types or what but it's not entirely consistent. Turns 7-9 and 22-24 each show a different example of the issue. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/dragonheaven-gen7ou-36528
The Landorus also took Super effective damage from ate Return (for reference, that could have been either Electric or Fairy, neither of those types hit Landorus super effectively)

On the second Battle though,
  • Landorus took damage from Earthquake (it's supposed to be immune to it)
  • Xurktiree used a Thunderbolt that was super effective on Tapu Koko
  • Cloyster's Rock Blast did not hit Volcanion super effectively
  • Said Volcanion was immune to a Thunderbolt from Magnezone
  • Gliscor took 6% damage from Stealth Rock (it's supposed to take 12%)
I also saw the trainer sprites switching around a bit as well.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Shiny locking is NOT removed in this meta. See my previous post. The simulator is making have either A: a non shiny Tapu Koko, or B: if I want to have a shiny one, I still have to match the event nature. Which effectively means it's still counting the in-game shiny lock. What I'm trying to use: Shiny Jolly Tapu Koko. What it's making me use: Non-shiny Tapu Koko if I want to use any nature other than timid.

Thanks for making me aware of this! That bug is fixed now, so shiny locking definitely seems removed now. If something else pops up let me know.
You also brought another bug to my attention unrelated to that second one you posted about, which is that event stuff was being tampered in other formats. That bug's fixed now too, just had to do some more stuff in order to avoid crosstalk.
In general I also made that block of the code a bit more specific as event crosstalk may also have been a problem (where events can cross with one another) but I'm not sure that would've been too big of an issue if at all.
Speaking of server bugs though, the typing thing was definitely affecting the whole server, as that wouldn't be something that Metagamiate would cause. I'd assume some other metagame there is causing it that modifies templates, but that's just me.
as for the shiny thing blame the client
so...this is a really...minor thing to argue about, but i would like normalize and "normalize" to be classified as different abilities, because since both abilities have different effects, they shouldn't be bundled togeather. and 2) let me run my damn kawaii cat u ass. seriously though, its a small thing, but i think it makes sense. besides, delcatty really doesn't get "op" with 1.44 boosted stab on all its moves. so its not like its gunna break the meta or anything .-.
I can see how this would be confusing, so I changed it back to its gen 6 name, Regulate. There are also other small name changes suggested by Pipotchi on my profile that I implemented, but that's just aesthetics.
Speaking of aeshetics, though, if you look at the OP you'll see that the same user made the new gen 7 art for this meta! I really appreciate them doing it for me.
So yeah bug fixes, name changes, good new shiny art, finally adding dragonheaven into the op as a place you can play it, I'd say this is a good update post

Thanks for making me aware of this! That bug is fixed now, so shiny locking definitely seems removed now. If something else pops up let me know.
You also brought another bug to my attention unrelated to that second one you posted about, which is that event stuff was being tampered in other formats. That bug's fixed now too, just had to do some more stuff in order to avoid crosstalk.
In general I also made that block of the code a bit more specific as event crosstalk may also have been a problem (where events can cross with one another) but I'm not sure that would've been too big of an issue if at all.
Speaking of server bugs though, the typing thing was definitely affecting the whole server, as that wouldn't be something that Metagamiate would cause. I'd assume some other metagame there is causing it that modifies templates, but that's just me.
as for the shiny thing blame the client
Yeah the type issues are server wide, that's why I also included an OU replay showcasing it. How do we get that fixed for the whole server? idk where to report that to.

Does Revelation dance work as it does in like Balanced Hackmons where it still gets the power boost from the ate but still becomes the primary type?

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Does Revelation dance work as it does in like Balanced Hackmons where it still gets the power boost from the ate but still becomes the primary type?
One would assume it works the same way as it does in BH, as BH does use cartridge Mechanics. On the other hand, why are you using Revelation Dance when it's stuck on a bad bird and a painting... dog thing that also learns Boomburst.

EDIT: I'm not suggesting Boomburst Smeargle, just pointing out that it outclasses. Smeargle should only be used for support; Hazards and status and stuff like that.

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Frustration
- Night Slash
- Sacred Sword

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele @ Normalium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Forgot I even had this. A team I made maybe last month before the OM was chosen because I was praying this would get in.

Lucario with STAB ExtremeSpeed is begging to never have to ever use Bullet Punch again, and means you don't need some form of a high powered steel move (I usually run Iron Tail in regular tiers because of BP's ass damage), giving you a free moveslot. I just went with Ice Punch, as Zygarde will be common as hell since it only needs two attacks, Tarrows and Espeed. SD is also cool since it means you can 2HKO just about anything you want that'll be frequenting here.

Kartana is gonna be fucking NUTS. Sunsteel Strike is already incredible in Sketchmons, allowing it to do disgusting damage like this:
+1 252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 191-225 (49.8 - 58.7%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And now, you get an even STRONGER Sunsteel Strike, but you lose the ability removing. I mean, I mainly use it for Shedinjas anyways, but still.
+1 252 Atk Choice Band Steel-Ate Kartana Frustration vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 232-273 (60.5 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zygarde is going to be a staple here, and I don't see a way around it. Ground Extremespeed invalidates quite a few Pokemon that may want to revenge kill, notably every fire type in existence. Thousand Arrows lets you hit down any flying types that may think they're safe, then you can keep clicking Extremespeed. Once the opponent has finally sacked either few fairies or steel types, proceed to click Outrage and tell the opponent to click X. Thousand Arrows also lets you hit Lele, so...

Noivern is noivern. stab boomburst hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tapu Lele is nice for Psychic Terrain for if you want to set up with something and you know their only answer is an ExtremeSpeed mon like Dragon-ate Zygarde which only carries Espeed and you know that Lucario/Zygarde don't need to click Espeed for any reason whatsoever for the next few turns. Normalium-Z Hyper Beam becomes an incredibly good nuke for just about anything, especially Terrain boosted. Just don't waste it on a dark type.

Chansey is there to be fat and to bother setup sweepers or walls like Coil Zygarde.
'

Uh... Use this or something? I guess?

idontknowhowtoendposts

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Lucario @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch

Kartana @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Frustration
- Night Slash
- Sacred Sword

Zygarde @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

Tapu Lele @ Normalium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Forgot I even had this. A team I made maybe last month before the OM was chosen because I was praying this would get in.

Lucario with STAB ExtremeSpeed is begging to never have to ever use Bullet Punch again, and means you don't need some form of a high powered steel move (I usually run Iron Tail in regular tiers because of BP's ass damage), giving you a free moveslot. I just went with Ice Punch, as Zygarde will be common as hell since it only needs two attacks, Tarrows and Espeed. SD is also cool since it means you can 2HKO just about anything you want that'll be frequenting here.

Kartana is gonna be fucking NUTS. Sunsteel Strike is already incredible in Sketchmons, allowing it to do disgusting damage like this:
+1 252 Atk Choice Band Kartana Sunsteel Strike vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 191-225 (49.8 - 58.7%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And now, you get an even STRONGER Sunsteel Strike, but you lose the ability removing. I mean, I mainly use it for Shedinjas anyways, but still.
+1 252 Atk Choice Band Steel-Ate Kartana Frustration vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 232-273 (60.5 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Zygarde is going to be a staple here, and I don't see a way around it. Ground Extremespeed invalidates quite a few Pokemon that may want to revenge kill, notably every fire type in existence. Thousand Arrows lets you hit down any flying types that may think they're safe, then you can keep clicking Extremespeed. Once the opponent has finally sacked either few fairies or steel types, proceed to click Outrage and tell the opponent to click X. Thousand Arrows also lets you hit Lele, so...

Noivern is noivern. stab boomburst hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Tapu Lele is nice for Psychic Terrain for if you want to set up with something and you know their only answer is an ExtremeSpeed mon like Dragon-ate Zygarde which only carries Espeed and you know that Lucario/Zygarde don't need to click Espeed for any reason whatsoever for the next few turns. Normalium-Z Hyper Beam becomes an incredibly good nuke for just about anything, especially Terrain boosted. Just don't waste it on a dark type.

Chansey is there to be fat and to bother setup sweepers or walls like Coil Zygarde.
'

Uh... Use this or something? I guess?

idontknowhowtoendposts
Actually, Normal-typed Z-moves are unaffected by -ate/-ize abilities, and so are unaffected by this meta.

Call it a noivern counter lmao. Kommo-o was an interesting mon but unfortunately didn't get the stabs it wanted. Metagamiate fixes that assuming you run this fashion looking pink kommo-o. But what's more is that Kommo-o actually has access to soundproof meaning it can potentially switch on one of the most powerful wallbreakers in the meta, noivern.

And just think about it for a second, a noivern locked on return. You send in Kommo-o, you sub as they switch out, you belly drum as they break the sub, you activate salac berry..... ?
Or just be a pussy an run a dd set w/e.
Return locked noivern? I don't see that happening but even if it does you'll struggle to set up subs on it:
0- Atk Aerilate Noivern Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kommo-o: 90-108 (25.4 - 30.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Marowak-Alola seems promising.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
- Frustration
- Shadow Bone

Lightning Rod sets have access to strong and non-suicidal Fire STAB while still being able to check Electric types (Galvanize Tapu Koko is now a thing).

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
- Frustration
- Flare Blitz

Alternatively, Rock Head gains atomic Ghost STAB to go along with its atomic Flare Blitzes.
I'm guessing you meant Double Edge in your second set since it has Rock Head anyways.

I haven't noticed any mention of Lando so here's a 2 second set:
Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Return
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Nukes + Stealth Rocks? Why not? Also judging by the number of physical threats intimidate seems a nice ability even if you just sack for the drop.

Not sure if this has been said yet, but...

Tapu Koko @ Choice Band
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- U-Turn
- Brave Bird/Quick Attack
- Return

The obvious Koko hyper offense. Wild Charge+Pixelate Return as high power stab, U-Turn to pivot and either BB or quick attack, whether it's more important to hit grass types without forcing the switch alongside enemy bugs or be able to use priority. Your choice. Also, I feel like M Scizor could be good with technician infestate quick attack, finally letting him use his other type as something other than a way to have a 4x weakness to fire.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Roost/Filler

I can see this Aero as a weaker version of STABmons Aero, spamming rock head Double-Edges until it needs more power and mega evolving to gain the boost+ tough claws

Also
Jirachi @ Leftovers/ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Headbutt
- Fire Punch/Trick/Filler

Now you can be annoying while using stab!

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack / Roost

OR

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost

Set-up Gliscor seems really neat, with a super-strong Facade and, priority, recovery paired with good bulk and Poison Heal, and very solid dual STAB coverage. The EV spread of the first set is UU standard, and outpaces neutral base 100s (such as Entei). There may be a better one to use.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Terrakion finally gets to ditch Stone Miss, while at the same time gaining access to Rock type priority. This is essentially STABmons Terrakion but with 1.2x power and no haxxy Defense buffs.

Blacephalon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Explosion
- Return
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball / Uproar

Blac go BOOM.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Lando-T go boom too, and probably better. Also gets reliable Flying STAB finally. Yes I know Will posted a Lando-T set before me :( I mainly posted this set because it's a generally better Explosion user than Blacephalon.

--------

Can we get a mention of the removal of the shinylock in the OP? I forgot about it and had to scour all two pages of the thread to find it.
Presuming this gets OMotM I'm looking forward to playing it ^_^

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Can we get a mention of the removal of the shinylock in the OP? I forgot about it and had to scour all two pages of the thread to find it.
Presuming this gets OMotM I'm looking forward to playing it ^_^
Did so, also reworded some FAQ answers
And it actually did get OMotM, which is great news! With the USUM changes I'm quite curious as to how the metagame will change in tandem. Will new abusers rise to power?
I'm also curious to see if anyone will actually do well with stall, despite the offensive nature of the OM it still seems possible to pull off!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Last Resort

gg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)