Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
How are we supposed to understand it if the entire metagame is a bunch of over complicated equations
Read and you should get it. I put examples for reasons. Also,

Also, the last three bullet points about new metagame premise ideas are p much what I expect people here to answer. Anything above that is my implementation of you and other people's advice on making metagame not too reliant on HO. Hope this clarifies my intension :P

@Go Wild: I think this thread is more to gage whether your idea is

A) fun

B) plausible

C) unique

and honestly reading through 10 paragraphs of equations crosses out A for me immediately X_X there must be a way to summarize this meta as if it were your metas first post in the thread. theres no way new players are gunna read through all that.. and theres soo much stuff going on. its just way too much. i vaguely get where you are going but even understanding it, im not gunna be able to work out these values in between turns to optimize my strategy.

Last edited:
Type Boost

Metagame premise:
Type Boost is an OU-based meta that whenever a pokemon's stats are increased or decreased, its typing changes to the next type in alphabetical order. For dual-typed pokemon, both typings are shifted to the next typings in alphabetical order. Typings revert back to normal if the pokemon is switched out.

For instance:
Venomoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
After a Quiver Dance, Venomoth's Bug typing becomes Dark, and its Poison typing becomes Psychic, providing it an immunity to Prankster and a new STAB.

Potential bans and threats:

Kyurem-Black is a potential threat for the metagame, considering that after a Hone Claws it obtains a Normal-Electric typing and has Bolt Strike and Return to abuse it.

Tyranitar/Mega Tyranitar might be pretty strong. After a Dragon Dance, their typing becomes a really decent Dragon/Steel, and they have the stab moves to pull it off.

Intimidators, such as Landorus-T, are able to mix up the opponent's typings, potentially screwing up strategies, although I'm not sure if this should be considered "threatening". More just something to consider.

Questions for the community:
  • How should mega evolutions be handled? Would the pokemon regain their original typing if it had already changed pre-mega evolution?
  • What other threats might be present in this meta? Most current sweepers in the OU metagame do not appreciate typing changes when they boost.
  • Is this possible to code? I have no experience with coding, so I have no idea how practical this idea is.
  • Does this sound fun?
  • What other suggestions do you have?

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
@Go Wild: I think this thread is more to gage whether your idea is

A) fun

B) plausible

C) unique

and honestly reading through 10 paragraphs of equations crosses out A for me immediately X_X there must be a way to summarize this meta as if it were your metas first post in the thread. theres no way new players are gunna read through all that.. and theres soo much stuff going on. its just way too much. i vaguely get where you are going but even understanding it, im not gunna be able to work out these values in between turns to optimize my strategy.
So below was what I p much wanted to ask about... the rest was about the coding for the most part. Sorry for making it needlessely long, because now I know I can talk about mechanism / coding / equations and stuff after I get this submitted to OM Submission subforums (which is unlikely going to happen?)

Change in Metagame Premise:

So I hope what I did above solves <Go Wild>'s problem on HO being too dominant, since all archetypes of teams can equally earn points. Below are my couple ideas about how to make the metagame more fun and have more creativity:

* Sufficient points allow each players to use medicine such as:
- Using Max Potion with X points
- Using Full Restore with Y points
- Using Revive with Z points
- So forth.
I doubt this idea will be accepted since this will require programmers to code medicines and their functions above is much work anyway, but this is one of the stuff that I came up with.

* Or... sufficient points will let each player take specific action:
- Using X points, one can phase the opponent next turn, and this will be alerted to them.
- Using Y points, one can use Wish / Healing Wish.
- Using Z points, one can remove hazards from the field.

* Each attack will store points, but separately depending on the type of attack. For example, Charizard stacks X points for Fire using Flare Blitz and same team's Ferrothorn stacks for Steel using Gyro Ball. When a team has over 100,000 points on one type, a player can choose to execute a Z-move corresponding to the type with sufficient points. For instance, if Charizard's team has 100000+ points on Fire, it can execute Inferno Overdrive or other Fire-type Z-status moves without Z-crystal. This will reset team's all points to 0, even the points stacked by using different type of moves. Should mega 'mon be able to do this or not, it is a question to consider after we choose to have this premise or not.
Just out of these three, what sounds good? This must be a clear summary of possible metagame premise ideas.

Type Boost

Metagame premise:
Type Boost is an OU-based meta that whenever a pokemon's stats are increased or decreased, its typing changes to the next type in alphabetical order. For dual-typed pokemon, both typings are shifted to the next typings in alphabetical order. Typings revert back to normal if the pokemon is switched out.

For instance:
Venomoth @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
After a Quiver Dance, Venomoth's Bug typing becomes Dark, and its Poison typing becomes Psychic, providing it an immunity to Prankster and a new STAB.

Kyurem-Black is a potential threat for the metagame, considering that after a Hone Claws it obtains a Normal-Electric typing and has Bolt Strike and Return to abuse it.

Tyranitar/Mega Tyranitar might be pretty strong. After a Dragon Dance, their typing becomes a really decent Dragon/Steel, and they have the stab moves to pull it off.

Intimidators, such as Landorus-T, are able to mix up the opponent's typings, potentially screwing up strategies, although I'm not sure if this should be considered "threatening". More just something to consider.

• How should mega evolutions be handled? Would the pokemon regain their original typing if it had already changed pre-mega evolution?
  • What other threats might be present in this meta? Most current sweepers in the OU metagame do not appreciate typing changes when they boost.
  • Is this possible to code? I have no experience with coding, so I have no idea how practical this idea is.
  • Does this sound fun?
After a dragon dance mega charizard x gets its original typing back!

For megas I think if any type change happens the new type is the same as if the stat boosts have happened after mega evolving, ie a +1 gyarados is bug ghost and after mega evolving at +1 is dragon bug (this avoids any confusion about various combinations of boosts before and after giving endless combinations and also the issue of what happens on switching).
Considering some of the OMs, this should be no problem code wise
After nasty plot togekiss basically becomes marshadow 2.0 with its ghost fighting type and nice STABs in aura sphere and shadow ball (pls ban)

My feeling is this will just make setup weaker since you can only really boost a fixed number of times because any more and your moveset will no longer be appropriate.
Webs could be really strong to mess with the whole teams typing. (Is webs before or after tspike? Because that could affect things switching in)

Would haze etc reset typing to normal or just count as a single stat drop so move down only one type?

Just realised: belly drum slurpuff gets stab drain punch!

Metagame Name: Move Match

Metagame Premise: So like, we have Pokémon moves. Some are weak, some are strong. But what if they were all the same? What if Hidden Power could become powerful? What if you could take kills with Rapid Spin? That's excatly what Move Match has to offer! This happens by taking the amount of damaging moves and averaging their power.

To make things simple, we have a Smeargle. It's moveset for whatever reason is V-Create, Rapid Spin, Sticky Web, and Spore. The only 2 attacking moves, V-Create and Rapid Spin, will be averaged together. V-Create's 180 power plus Rapid Spin's 20 power = 200, which, divided by 2, would of course become 100. This means that now your Rapid Spin has its power heavily increased, but V-Create is heavily weakened. To make it a little trickier, now we have a Keldeo. It's moveset is Secret Sword/Scald/Hydro Pump/Icy Wind. They are all attacking moves, meaning now we are going to average out each one of those. So 85 + 80 + 110 + 55 = 330/2 = 82.5. So that would be 82.5 power in each of Keldeo's moves.

Quickbans/Clauses:
Explosion/Self Destruct (the power they grant to moves is too high)
Multi-Hot clause: Multi-Hit moves do not average with other moves

Potential Threats:

Mons with lots of powerful moves like Blast Burn/Hyper Beam/Hydro Cannon can easily give other moves a good way to get more powerful.

For example, Charizard gets a mighty moveset with Blast Burn/Ari Slash/Solar Beam/Fire Blast making its Fire Blast and Air Slash power rise to be actually good and Fire Blast power raises a little, giving that Air Slash STAB a little bit more needed power. Kartana and other just plain powerful Pokémon take the stage especially if they have weaker STAB moves, as you can use Giga Impact or such to help power them up.

Lemme know what y'all think! :D

very tired wen I finished this so I'm bound to have lost a little info, sorry about that.

I like it. I think it'd be even more fun if it didnt take itself into consideration when averaging damage- so for the megazard example:

focus blast (i dont think anyones gunna use blast burn when its a lost moveslot)/ air slash/solarbeam/fire blast- air slash will instead be an average of 116BP, as it doesnt take itself into consideration. This'd give lower base power moves a greater chance to shine. Stronger moves would be weakened slightly, but for instance here, Fire Blast still is still 105 BP. Might be broken but I guess thats how i like it

But yea, overall a cool meta. It still wont make anyone use stuff like giga impact or hyper beam though, those moves are too trash to take up moveslots.

What about Z-moves power? Is it averaged between all the moves' Z-powers? What about unique Z-moves then?
I don't know how Z-moves would work. But, I'm gonna say it should probably be whatever is easier to code. I'd think though that the moves would have all the Z-Power the same but I'm not so sure for unique Z-Moves.
I like it. I think it'd be even more fun if it didnt take itself into consideration when averaging damage- so for the megazard example:

focus blast (i dont think anyones gunna use blast burn when its a lost moveslot)/ air slash/solarbeam/fire blast- air slash will instead be an average of 116BP, as it doesnt take itself into consideration. This'd give lower base power moves a greater chance to shine. Stronger moves would be weakened slightly, but for instance here, Fire Blast still is still 105 BP. Might be broken but I guess thats how i like it

But yea, overall a cool meta. It still wont make anyone use stuff like giga impact or hyper beam though, those moves are too trash to take up moveslots.
I see what you mean with Giga Impact and such. Anyways, with megazard Air Slash, I do like that idea, maybe a slot where the move's power is unaffected? I don't know, but if I understand your idea correctly, I likie.

EDIT: Now I understand it, and I still think i likie. Good idea!

Oh and for moves such as Gyro Ball and Low Kick, I think those would probably have power varying across all the moves each time there is a different Pokémon to attack.

Last edited:
Type Boost

Metagame premise:

For instance:
Venomoth @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder

• Does this sound fun?
I actually really appreciate this idea! It's a very creative idea that's easy to understand while also having many different applications. I also agree with Willdbeast and his idea about how Mega-Evolution should be handled. I don't, however, agree that set-up will necessarily be weaker. As long as you use a Pokemon that only needs one turn to set up, you should be fine! And I definitely could see Sticky Web gaining some viability.

I also have some ideas of my own, particularly that Defog could become even more than a hazard removing tool. Not only can it remove hazards and the now much more dangerous Sticky Web, it can also swap around an opponent's stats and make it more difficult to play around. Another mechanic I noticed is that abilities that Boost stats like Beast Boost and Soul Heart to name a few are about to become much less viable, as they make type changes far too difficult to control. This could create a decline in many common OU pokemon. Magearna in particular is hit very hard. After one boost it becomes a Water-Fighting type, having to rely on the inaccurate Focus Blast or less powerful Aura Sphere and losing quite a bit of defensive potential. And if that isn't bad enough, if it somehow manages to gain another kill it becomes setup fodder with a terrible Bug-Fire typing and not a single good STAB move! Speed Boost also becomes one of the most laughably unviable abilities of all time that completely screws over pokemon like Scolipede by changing their typing every single turn. I would argue you could probably unban Blaziken, as it's greatest asset has become completely useless.

Additional Notes
  • I've never missed Shadow Ball on Celesteela more...
  • M-Aero gets an interesting change. With a Hone Claws, it becomes Steel/Ghost. While it lacks any good ghost moves, it does get a much better defensive typing, (80/85/95 bulk isn't that bad) and it finally has the chance to abuse Tough Claws with Iron Head STAB
  • Pretty much all Water-Types have lessened viability since they get saddled with a Bug Typing if they do
  • Fighting-Types run into a similar issue. Most fighting types use set-up moves, but now these moves switch them to the Fire-Typing, a typing generally few pokemon have coverage moves of. Because of this, they may encounter more problems than before.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I actually really appreciate this idea! It's a very creative idea that's easy to understand while also having many different applications. I also agree with Willdbeast and his idea about how Mega-Evolution should be handled. I don't, however, agree that set-up will necessarily be weaker. As long as you use a Pokemon that only needs one turn to set up, you should be fine! And I definitely could see Sticky Web gaining some viability.

I also have some ideas of my own, particularly that Defog could become even more than a hazard removing tool. Not only can it remove hazards and the now much more dangerous Sticky Web, it can also swap around an opponent's stats and make it more difficult to play around. Another mechanic I noticed is that abilities that Boost stats like Beast Boost and Soul Heart to name a few are about to become much less viable, as they make type changes far too difficult to control. This could create a decline in many common OU pokemon. Magearna in particular is hit very hard. After one boost it becomes a Water-Fighting type, having to rely on the inaccurate Focus Blast or less powerful Aura Sphere and losing quite a bit of defensive potential. And if that isn't bad enough, if it somehow manages to gain another kill it becomes setup fodder with a terrible Bug-Fire typing and not a single good STAB move! Speed Boost also becomes one of the most laughably unviable abilities of all time that completely screws over pokemon like Scolipede by changing their typing every single turn. I would argue you could probably unban Blaziken, as it's greatest asset has become completely useless.

Additional Notes
  • I've never missed Shadow Ball on Celesteela more...
  • M-Aero gets an interesting change. With a Hone Claws, it becomes Steel/Ghost. While it lacks any good ghost moves, it does get a much better defensive typing, (80/85/95 bulk isn't that bad) and it finally has the chance to abuse Tough Claws with Iron Head STAB
  • Pretty much all Water-Types have lessened viability since they get saddled with a Bug Typing if they do
  • Fighting-Types run into a similar issue. Most fighting types use set-up moves, but now these moves switch them to the Fire-Typing, a typing generally few pokemon have coverage moves of. Because of this, they may encounter more problems than before.
I honestly think in this meta people would mostly just run their 2 most powerful moves / moves with best coverage and ignore stab a lot of the time.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I have a question: Does it make any difference if you are boosting only one stat or multiple ones (i. e. Defense Curl vs Cosmic Power)?
Do Stages such as Sharply or Drastically also have any diference between them?

I honestly think in this meta people would mostly just run their 2 most powerful moves / moves with best coverage and ignore stab a lot of the time.
That's a good point actually. Maybe some kind of incentive to use STAB moves could be added, such as the STAB move multiplier being increased to 1.75x instead of 1.5x or something. I really think it could prove to be an interesting meta, but you bring up a very good point.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
upload_2017-7-14_14-56-59.png

Glory in Faint

Metagame Premise:

- When the health reaches 0%, the pokemon enters a "frenzy mode", which:

* Immediately restores the health to 100%, but the health decreases by 50% at end of each turn (health loss cannot be prevented by Magic Guard), and all attacks on it will be critically hit.
* Gives +1 of Attack, Special Attack, and Speed will be given in addition to the boost that existed before frenzy mode activated (Yes, Unaware does not mind about this boost).
* Cures status but can be Poisoned, Paralyzed, Burnt, put to Sleep, or Confused again. Effects from trapping moves and Curse from Ghost-types will remain the same.
* Is unable to switch out until it reaches 0% health again after entering frenzy mode.

During frenzy mode, the player can use moves as usual. This includes usage of status moves, Z-moves, and more.

Potential Bans and Threats:

- Bans

* OU Banlist (But I think Ubers banlist will be more dynamic)
* Kyurem-B
* More to come

- On-the-Radar

* Tapu Lele (Frenzy mode makes this deity a monster and revenge killing is significantly harder because of Psychic Terrain)

- Threats

* Protect-sque move and Fake Out: This makes shutting down 'mons in frenzy mode significantly easier.
* Priority moves: Since 'mons in frenzy mode will always be critically hit, they are likely to faint after a bit of prior damage.
* Boost spams: With frenzy mode's boost, walling Shell Smash users / Belly Drum users is going to be incredibly difficult.
* Unaware users: Assuming players send Unaware user with typing advantage, they can handle dead 'mons easily.

Questions:

* What other threats will run rampant in frenzy mode and will be on radar?
* How do 50% lifesteal and 75% health loss per turn sound to you? (This way, Protect will be more handy).
* Will Ubers banlist be appropriate for this metagame?
* Please point out anything that I have missed or anything that seems unbalanced.

What happens when a frenzy mode Golisopod gets down to the point for Emergency Exit to pop up? Or a frenzy anything gets hit by Whirlwind/Roar/Dragon Tail, or hits into a Red Card?

Does Battle Armor stop the "all opposing crits" facet of frenzy?

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
What happens when a frenzy mode Golisopod gets down to the point for Emergency Exit to pop up? Or a frenzy anything gets hit by Whirlwind/Roar/Dragon Tail, or hits into a Red Card?

Does Battle Armor stop the "all opposing crits" facet of frenzy?
Golisopod will have to be hardcoded to stay in below half health after frenzy, because drawing frenzy mon back to the poke ball and later pulling it out for +1 First Impression will not be acceptable play.

All mons' will be vulnerable to critical hits regardless of ability in order to make them faint as early as possible; you don't want to spend more than couple turns killing +6 Def / +6 SpDef mon, although it will eventually succumb to -50% HP anyway.

Last edited:

Glory in Faint

Metagame Premise:

- When the health reaches 0%, the pokemon enters a "frenzy mode", which:

* Immediately restores the health to 100%, but the health decreases by 50% at end of each turn (health loss cannot be prevented by Magic Guard), and all attacks on it will be critically hit.
* Gives +1 of Attack, Special Attack, and Speed will be given in addition to the boost that existed before frenzy mode activated (Yes, Unaware does not mind about this boost).
* Cures status but can be Poisoned, Paralyzed, Burnt, put to Sleep, or Confused again. Effects from trapping moves and Curse from Ghost-types will remain the same.
* Is unable to switch out until it reaches 0% health again after entering frenzy mode.

During frenzy mode, the player can use moves as usual. This includes usage of status moves, Z-moves, and more.

Potential Bans and Threats:

- Bans

* OU Banlist (But I think Ubers banlist will be more dynamic)
* Kyurem-B
* More to come

- On-the-Radar

* Tapu Lele (Frenzy mode makes this deity a monster and revenge killing is significantly harder because of Psychic Terrain)

- Threats

* Protect-sque move and Fake Out: This makes shutting down 'mons in frenzy mode significantly easier.
* Priority moves: Since 'mons in frenzy mode will always be critically hit, they are likely to faint after a bit of prior damage.
* Boost spams: With frenzy mode's boost, walling Shell Smash users / Belly Drum users is going to be incredibly difficult.
* Unaware users: Assuming players send Unaware user with typing advantage, they can handle dead 'mons easily.

Questions:

* What other threats will run rampant in frenzy mode and will be on radar?
* How do 50% lifesteal and 75% health loss per turn sound to you? (This way, Protect will be more handy).
* Will Ubers banlist be appropriate for this metagame?
* Please point out anything that I have missed or anything that seems unbalanced.
I love this idea,but I am worried about that 50% percent health loss each turn. This in combo with crits always happening against the Mon in frenzy seems like any priority whatsoever is an immediate stop to a frenzy. Can I suggest maybe lowering the loss to 30-35%?

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I love this idea,but I am worried about that 50% percent health loss each turn. This in combo with crits always happening against the Mon in frenzy seems like any priority whatsoever is an immediate stop to a frenzy. Can I suggest maybe lowering the loss to 30-35%?
The purpose of making health loss 50 percent was to make recovery a useless option in order to keep anything from stalling with defensive boosts (the most prominent one I expect is a bulky mon which has a boost from Eevee). But I completely disregarded the fact that critical hits already bypass the boost and makes revenge killing less harder. Therefore, I agree with you on changing health loss. I am thinking about around 35-40%. Thank you for pointing it out.

Edit
I forgot to mention frenzy mons cannot be phazed.

Last edited:
I would love for this to be a meta: [insert clever name here] Monomons? Monmonmons? Favouriteam? idk
The premise is bland and simple: you are limited only by the Pokemon you choose, because you have to make an entire team of that mon. Basically, if you want to have a Donphan on your team, you have to make a whole team out of only Donphans. At the moment this is perfectly possible in Anything Goes, but in that place it's nothing but glass canons and elaborate baton pass sequences, which isn't fun when you just want to flaunt your team of Seismitoads.
Playing this meta forces you to really milk each mon for all it has to offer so that they can cover their own weaknesses. That, or you have 6 of the same set, which is fine, too... I guess. Pokemon who sport many abilities are the main attraction Excadrill, since they easily get the most variety, while others with just one ability get countered much more easily.
Standard OU clauses apply (no Shadow Tag, no Baton Pass), duplicate items are definitely allowed, and I am skeptical about huge power/ pure power, but... yeah, I'm sure it'll be alright. Shadow Tag is pretty self-explanatory, and Baton Pass makes your team more like one monsterous pokemon than anything else Scolipede, Smeargle. Regenerator is pretty amazing Toxapex, Reuniclus, but idk if it's ban-worthy... we'll see.
I am thinking about lifting the ban on impossible combinations of moves and abilities due to generation differences or event exclusives. If the move or ability is listed, it can be used (Liquid Voice?). The last thing I would want is to further limit these already greatly-limited teams. Yes, this means that Machamp can freely use Rock Climb again.
Is there anything anyone would like to add for rules? Any obviously OP threats I lazily missed? This is my first OM, and while obvious and uninspired, it seems not to be a thing for some reason. Also, feel free to go and play this on AG with me if this never becomes its own Meta, because goodness knows I could do with some 6v6 1v1 action right about now.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I would love for this to be a meta: [insert clever name here] Monomons? Monmonmons? Favouriteam? idk
The premise is bland and simple: you are limited only by the Pokemon you choose, because you have to make an entire team of that mon. Basically, if you want to have a Donphan on your team, you have to make a whole team out of only Donphans. At the moment this is perfectly possible in Anything Goes, but in that place it's nothing but glass canons and elaborate baton pass sequences, which isn't fun when you just want to flaunt your team of Seismitoads.
Playing this meta forces you to really milk each mon for all it has to offer so that they can cover their own weaknesses. That, or you have 6 of the same set, which is fine, too... I guess. Pokemon who sport many abilities are the main attraction Excadrill, since they easily get the most variety, while others with just one ability get countered much more easily.
Standard OU clauses apply (no Shadow Tag, no Baton Pass), duplicate items are definitely allowed, and I am skeptical about huge power/ pure power, but... yeah, I'm sure it'll be alright. Shadow Tag is pretty self-explanatory, and Baton Pass makes your team more like one monsterous pokemon than anything else Scolipede, Smeargle. Regenerator is pretty amazing Toxapex, Reuniclus, but idk if it's ban-worthy... we'll see.
I am thinking about lifting the ban on impossible combinations of moves and abilities due to generation differences or event exclusives. If the move or ability is listed, it can be used (Liquid Voice?). The last thing I would want is to further limit these already greatly-limited teams. Yes, this means that Machamp can freely use Rock Climb again.
Is there anything anyone would like to add for rules? Any obviously OP threats I lazily missed? This is my first OM, and while obvious and uninspired, it seems not to be a thing for some reason. Also, feel free to go and play this on AG with me if this never becomes its own Meta, because goodness knows I could do with some 6v6 1v1 action right about now.
Sounds incredibly matchup based and kind of boring to build for and play.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Sounds incredibly matchup based and kind of boring to build for and play.
I saw an idea like that before, and I can easily say that not only that, this metagame might be where Pokémon great on one-on-one even more annoying to deal with. We prioritize creativity and changing the metagame, not limiting even more.

Well i have an idea i wanted to share, so i would like some feedback from the community

Specialized mons

Metagame premise: so basically the idea of this metagame fairly simple, its an OU setting + banlist but with the idea is that now you are able to switch two stats of your mon with each other (but only one stat switch allowed)

And you do this by making the two stats you want switched have identical IVs but different IVs from the other stats (example if u have 30 IVs on both attack and defense while all the others stats have 31 ivs, the attack and defense stats will both be switched!)

For example:

Excadrill has base stats of 110/135/60/50/65/88

So by playing around with the IVs, u can have a new stat distrubutions like

88/135/60/50/65/110
Now with more speed

Or

110/50/60/135/65/88
Now it can even be a special attacker, not bad

Basically there are endless possibilities, tons of mons and hidden gems can take advantage of this

As obvious, the tapus just get better, and i also listed some examples of how some mons can be used differently

"Gg its me"
Psychic Surge
70/80/75/130/95/115

Tapu bulu
Grassy Surge
70/130/75/85/95/115

"Better Primarina"
Misty Surge
70/75/115/130/95/85

Tapu koko
Electric Surge
70/95/85/115/75/130

"Defog Ferrothorn"
Beast Boost
59/31/131/59/181/109

Tapu koko

"Aegislash-lite"
No-Guard
59/49/150/45/110/35

"Mega-Pheromosa confirmed?!?"
Technician
70/150/75/65/100/140

Others:
Mantine
Swift swim
85/140/70/80/40/70

Aggron-Mega (or steelix)
Filter
70/80/230/60/140/50
70/230/140/60/80/50

Kyurem
Pressure
125/95/90/130/90/130

Alakazam
Magic Guard
55/50/120/135/95/45

Wishiwashi
Schooling
45/30/130/140/135/140

For starters obvious stuff like huge power and maybe wonder guard are banned (pure power isnt banned as m-chams highest stat is 100 and so cannot get any stronger by switching its attack with its other stats)

other mons with two or more high stats are also banned (hoopa unbound for example) or are potential suspects

Kyurem-Black
125/120/90/170/100/95
Bye kyurem-white

Hoopa-Unbound
80/80/60/170/130/160
80/160/60/170/80/130
Haha no thanks bye hoopa

Tapu lele/Tapu koko: top tier threats with terrains

Cloyster: 180 attack with shell smash, uhhh probably quick ban

Hoopa-complete: 130 speed with 150 spatk + nasty plot, probably quickban too

Dugtrio: can now utilize a special movepool which includes sludge bomb/earth power which makes it trap grasses and basically be able to remove threats with hidden power

Blissey/Chansey: 255 spatk hyper voice isnt a joke, thankfully it doesnt have priority and is slow, edit, chansey can actually get a high defense paired up with eviolite, no thanks, chansey is probably gonna get quickbanned

• What do you think of the metagame, is it a fun concept?
  • Does the IV altering sound ok? Anyone have any more simple/convenient ways to make two stats switch other than altering ivs?
  • Finally what are some flaws, and how can i improve the metagame?
Love to hear your opinion, thanks for reading !

Last edited:
I mean, that's basically Nature Swap but with IVs instead of nature (And being able to swap HP)
Wait what really?

Edit: i just searched it up, its very similar :/

Im disappointed, and for once i think i actually thought of a unique idea

Oh well. if its fine then, im still gonna leave the post up as i still really like this specialized mons/nature swap idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)