Megas For All V2 (Induction Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're gonna start the first slate in several months! This is exciting. The council has decided to start by removing unnecessary abilities. We're starting with Unadaptable, Swordsman, Heat Seek, and Accumulation. Thus, the following changes will be made:

Heatran will get No Guard instead of Heat Seek. Basically the same ability. Not much changes, except the opponent can't miss either.
Samurott will get Tough Claws instead of Swordsman. Again, not much changes. Sacrifices power on some moves for power on others. Watch out for this thing's Waterfall.

Archeops, Kricketune, Lickilicky, and Regigigas will comprise the new slate! Please use the format given below in your submissions. Remember the rules in the OP!
Type: Grass/Dark -> Grass/Fairy
Ability: Cholorphyll/Early Bird/Pickpocket -> Pixilate
New Moves: None

HP: 90 -> 90
Atk: 100 -> 130 (+30)
Def: 60 -> 70 (+10)
SpA: 90 -> 110 (+10)
SpD: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Spe: 80 -> 110 (+30)

Flavor Concept: Shiftry takes a turn for the good and joins the Fairy side, gaining Pixilate along the way.

Competitive Concept: Physical Pixilate sweeper with even more 4MSS. Return, Quick Attack, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Swords Dance, Fake Out, Rock Slide, Bullet Seed, and even Explosion deserve shouts as viable moves. Don’t let this guy set up a SD. It’ll be painful.

For this slate, we're gonna ban the use of any new abilities. The goal here is to get rid of them, so there's no use in adding any in return.

With regards to Regigigas, feel free to make it broken. We're likely gonna ban it anyway. As for Archeops, however, try to make it OU-viable without using any inhibiting abilities.

So excited! :D

Archeops
Type: Rock/Flying -> Rock/Flying
Ability: Defeatist -> Quick Feet
New Moves: Drill Peck, Swords Dance, and Glare

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 140 -> 159 (+19)
Def: 65 -> 82 (+17)
SpA: 112 -> 134 (+22)
SpD: 65 -> 82 (+17)
Spe: 110 -> 135 (+25)

Flavor: Dex entry: "It runs better than it flies. It takes off into the sky by running at a speed of 25 mph." So it's actually a fast runner.

Competitive Concept: Becomes more powerful, and slightly bulkier. Nice speed tier of 135. Has a new physical STAB move in the form of Drill Peck, and can boost with Swords dance. Glare can be used as a lure to its checks. Quick feat means that it isn't crippled by poison, but it still hates burns. Hopefully it won't be that OP.

Will do the rest later.

Last edited:
I really don't know how can Mega Kricketune exist without a new ability that boosts sound-based moves. Is EVERYTHING that it learns. I mean: Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, Bug Buzz, Sing, Round, Echoed Voice, Perish Song, Uproar. I have a Megaevolution ready for it, with stat boost, new moves, flavour and competitive concept, but I need to create an ability that buffs sound-based moves.

I really don't know how can Mega Kricketune exist without a new ability that boosts sound-based moves. Is EVERYTHING that it learns. I mean: Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, Bug Buzz, Sing, Round, Echoed Voice, Perish Song, Uproar. I have a Megaevolution ready for it, with stat boost, new moves, flavour and competitive concept, but I need to create an ability that buffs sound-based moves.
That already exists in this project, it's called amplifier I believe

Yes, to specify, we mean don't add any more abilities than the ones we already have. In the OP, you can find a Google Document listing all the new abilities we added.

Lickylicky
Type: Normal -> Normal/Psychic
Ability: Own Tempo/Oblivious/Cloud Nine -> Gooey
New Moves: Psychic, Cosmic Power, Gunk Shot, Recover

HP: 110
Atk: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Def: 95 -> 105 (+10)
SpA: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SpD: 95 -> 145 (+50)
Spe: 50

Flavor: Dex Descprition: "The long tongue is always soggy with slobber. The saliva contains a solvent that causes numbness.", so imo the ability fits perfectly with this characteristic. It becomes more fat and chubby and its tongue touches the ground.

Competitive Concept: Now it's stat distribution allows it to take advantage of Curse to the best, thanks to its great special bulkiness and its good Atk and Def, becoming a good TR sweeper or a wall. I gave it Psychic just because no psychic-type doesn't get it, while thanks to Cosmic Power it can perform as a wall.

Last edited:
Yes, to specify, we mean don't add any more abilities than the ones we already have. In the OP, you can find a Google Document listing all the new abilities we added.
Oh, I thought that when night sitter said "no new abilities", he was talking also about those type of abilities. Ok, so I have a Mega Kicketune lmao

Kricketune
Type: Bug -> Bug/Normal
Ability: Swarm/Technician -> Amplifier
New Moves: Boomburst, Grass Whistle

HP: 77
Atk: 85 -> 45 (-40)
Def: 51 -> 66 (+15)
SpA: 55 -> 125 (+70)
SpD: 51 -> 66 (+15)
Spe: 65 -> 105 (+40)

Flavor: Its "belly" is bigger and can amplify the sounds he produces and has also some "hairs" that look like Beethoven's.

Competitive Concept: a special sweeper that can go through any Substitute with 2 STAB boosted moves in Boomburst and Bug Buzz, with a nice 105 Speed that allows him to outspeed Gardevoir and 100 base speed.

Well, im going to try to make a balanced mega regigigas but it might still be broken ._.

Regigigas
Type Normal -> Normal
Ability Slow Start -> Reckless
New Moves : Magma Storm, Glaciate, Stealth Rock

Hp 110 -> 110 (0)
Atk 160 -> 170 (+10)
Def 110 -> 135 (+25)
Spa 80 -> 120 (+40)
Spd 110 -> 135 (+25)
Spe 100 -> 100 (0)

Flavor: Dex: There is an enduring legend that states this Pokémon towed continents with ropes. This shows Regigigas will likely do anything, so Reckless is a good ability for it. The other dex for it is "It is said to have made Pokémon that look like itself from a special ice mountain, rocks, and magma" It gets Magma Storm, Glaciate, and Stealth rock to show this.

Competitive Concept: A well rounded mega that hits insanely hard and is bulky, and can also set up rocks. nuff said

Also u nerd stitch98 dat lickilicky gains 120 bst not 100

Here's my submissions for one of my favorites.

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist -> Rock Head
New Moves: Drill Peck, Double Edge

Atk: 140 -> 150 (+10)
Def: 65 -> 105 (+40)
SpA: 112 -> 112 (+0)
SpD: 65 -> 115 (+50)
Spe: 110 -> 110 (+0)

Flavor: It's effectively the same Archeops but FLUFFIER! Its fluff allows it to withstand its own recoil and gives it a big defensive boost (and a slightly larger special defense increase)

Competitive Concept: I decided that for the most part its attacking stats are fine the way they are. I gave it a minimal attacking boost and dumped the rest in its defenses. It can't outspeed the typically speedy Megas and it speed ties with Mega Metagross. I REFUSE to give it Brave Bird. It will be too powerful with two STAB Recoil Moves, but I'm giving it Double Edge for funzies and Drill Peck so it has usable Flying STAB. I can see it doing something like the following:

Archeops @Archeopite
Ability: Defeatist -> Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Drill Peck
- Hone Claws/Earthquake
- Roost

It has enough bulk to use Hone Claws to patch up Head Smash's accuracy as well as boost its attack once. The rest of it is self explanatory. I feel like comparing it straight to Mega Metagross since both Pokemon have the same speed and about the same attack. Archeops way outdamages Mega Metagross with a nicer move (that ends Bird Spam by itself). However, Archeops lacks coverage options and its defenses are still lower than Mega Metagross. It's still weak to most priority too so I don't think it's TOO broken here. But I may be wrong.

I decided to do a joke Regigigas for the lulz.

Regigigas
Type: Normal -> Normal
Ability: Slow Start -> Normalize
New Moves : Bolt Strike, Blue Flare (via events)

HP 110 -> 110 (0)
Atk 160 -> 210 (+50)
Def 110 -> 125 (+15)
SpA 80 -> 80 (+0)
SpD 110 -> 125 (+15)
Spe 100 -> 120 (+20)

You know what? This Regigigas will not be broken at all. It is walled by Rock, Steel, and especially Ghost types. It is OU viable because it hits like a truck and can spread paralyzation and death around with a 130 BP STAB move in Bolt Strike. But it is useless against Ghost types outside of Toxic.

Archeops
Type: Rock/Flying -> Rock/Dragon
Ability: Defeatist -> Valiant

HP: 75
Atk: 140 -> 155 (+15)
Def: 65 -> 45 (-20)
SpA: 112 -> 127 (+15)
SpD: 65 -> 45 (-20)
Spe: 110 -> 180 (+70)

Flavor: It can't fly anymore but it can run at incredible speed, so its legs become more muscular and its wings become more similar to arms, with long and sharp claws.

Competitive Concept: Well, it's OP, I admit it, but at least it's very frail and has a bad typing. Now it speed ties with Deoxys Speed and its attacking stat are very good.

Lickilicky
Ability: Own Tempo/Oblivious/Cloud Nine -> Thick Fat

HP 110 -> 110 (0)
Attack 85 > 95 (+10)
Defense 95 > 135 (+40)
Sp. Atk 80 > 90 (+10)
Sp. Def 95 -> 135 (+40)
Speed 50 -> 50 (+0)

picksome

Banned deucer.
Mega Regigigas

Type: Normal -> Normal/Fighting
Ability: Slow Start -> Adaptability
New Moves: Close Combat

HP: 110 -> 110
Atk: 160 -> 180 (+20)
Def: 110 -> 120 (+10)
SpA: 80 -> 90 (+10)
SpD: 110 -> 120 (+10)
Spe: 100 -> 140 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Regigigas turns to offensive side of things and unleashes it's inner Chi. He becomes slimmer and and gains a Black Belt.

Competitive Concept: Godly physical attacker with high powered STABs, a great speed tier, good defences, and a titanic Attack. It now has access to good Fighting moves Like Drain Punch. It's an powerhouse of one of a kind. Having it banned makes at least have a little fun.

Mega Archeops

Ability: Defeatist -> Technician
New Moves: Air Cutter, Gunk Shot, Quick Attack

Atk: 140 -> 130 (-10)
Def: 65 -> 103 (+37)
SpA: 112 -> 140 (+28)
SpD: 65 -> 95 (+30)
Spe: 110 -> 125 (+15)

Flavor Concept: Archeops realizes he is a not a loser, but a sore powered machine with a cold heart of stone. He is a part time Mechanic now for some reason.

Competitive Concept: A Special Attacking Rock type attacker with passable defenses. It can go Physical or mixed or even a Wall. Hopefully it's not very OP.

Mega Kricketune

Type: Bug -> Bug/Dark
Ability: Swarm/Technician -> Huge Power
New Moves: Roost, Megahorn, Superpower

HP: 77 -> 77
Atk: 85 -> 105 (+20)
Def: 51 -> 86 (+35)
SpA: 55 -> 25 (-30)
SpD: 51 -> 86 (+35)
Spe: 71 -> 111 (+40)

Flavor Concept: Kricketune has joined the Dark Side and becomes a skill warrior. It's blades become longer and gains a darker red cloak.

Competitive Concept: A Physical Attacker with a unique type and Passible bulk to set up a Swords Dance. With now a 111 Speed tier, it is a useable Physical Attacker.

Mega Lickillicky

Type: Normal -> Normal/Ghost
Ability: Oblivious/Own Tempo/Cloud Nine -> Technician
New Moves: Shadow Sneak, Shadow Punch, Force Palm

Atk: 85 -> 115 (+30)
Def: 95 -> 115 (+20)
SpA: 80 -> 110 (+30)
SpD: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Spe: 50 -> 50

Flavor Concept: Lickilicky become a ghostly spirit and gains a spirity tail with a purple color.

Competitive Concept: A Wall with a good Defensive typing and access to priority. It can run an offencive set even more with the improved attack and Special Attack.

Last edited:
Kricketune
Type: Bug -> Bug/Steel
Ability: Swarm/Technician -> Technician
New Moves: Metal Claw, Iron Head

Atk: 85 -> 145 (+60)
Def: 51 -> 91 (+40)
SpA: 55 ->
SpD: 51 -> 91 (+40)
Spe: 65 -> 25 (-40)

Flavor Concept: "It crosses its knifelike arms in front of its chest when it cries. It can compose melodies ad lib." Its arms become knifes

Competitive Concept: Physical Technician Sword Dancer with a Trick room twist and nice typing.

Kricketune
Type: Bug -> Bug/Steel
Ability: Swarm/Technician -> Technician
New Moves: Metal Claw, Iron Head

Atk: 85 -> 145 (+60)
Def: 51 -> 91 (+40)
SpA: 55 ->
SpD: 51 -> 91 (+40)
Spe: 65 -> 25 (-40)

Flavor Concept: "It crosses its knifelike arms in front of its chest when it cries. It can compose melodies ad lib." Its arms become knifes

Competitive Concept: Physical Technician Sword Dancer with a Trick room twist and nice typing.
So a less bulky M-Scizor?

It's been a while, but I should probably make some rules a little more clear

• Do NOT add moves to Pokemon that would make an already-viable base form better. Haven't seen this problem yet, but it's bound to happen.
  • Avoid the power creep! I saw an Archeops submission that I particularly liked: balanced stats, average ability, etc. Until, of course, I saw the added moves. Swords Dance, Drill Peck, and Glare are quite excessive on a Pokemon with such a good base stat distribution.
  • Please refrain from adding moves that contradict flavor. And yes, flavor includes signature moves. So basically, don't add Diamond Storm to Archeops. Legendaries are a little more flexible because of events, but I'd rather not over-complicate things.
  • No Protect on Regigigas. Not gonna happen. I would argue it contradicts flavor since Game Freak actively avoiding giving Regi access to the move.
  • If an already-existing Pokemon looks quite like the Mega you just created, it's probably not gonna work.
Basically, ONLY ADD MOVES IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

Spoiler boxes (not sure what the real term is) are appreciated for submissions, btw

Last edited:
I guess I can give input, though I likely won't be any more active than I was last time. Anyway, remind me why we're throwing out Megas that were perfectly valid except for their Ability?

I guess I can give input, though I likely won't be any more active than I was last time. Anyway, remind me why we're throwing out Megas that were perfectly valid except for their Ability?
Archeops would be broken with any other ability. Regigigas needs to be tailored to Ubers instead of OU. Kricketune was never gonna be viable without Huge Power or a major change in base stats. Lickilicky was my own creation, so I'm letting people redo it.

EDIT: We didn't have any similar reasons for Heatran or Samurott, so we just changed their abilities

I felt it would be more appropriate to double post than include my submissions with a reply to someone, so here we are! Not doing Lickilicky because the first one was mine and I just don't feel like it
Ability: Defeatist -> Battle Armor

HP: 75 -> 90
Atk: 140 -> 160 (+20)
Def: 65 -> 107 (+42)
SpA: 112 -> 126 (+14)
SpD: 65 -> 77 (+12)
Spe: 110 -> 122 (+12)

Flavor Concept: Archeops finally learns why it isn’t in OU — because it keeps getting taken down to low health! So it forgoes increasing its offensive stats much in favor of learning how to defend itself. In the process, it gains Battle Armor.

Competitive Concept: Fast Mixed attacker that doesn’t immediately die to most priority moves despite its typing. Will probably favor its physical side, but Heat Wave is awesome on a ‘mon whose primary counters will likely be Steel-types. I would use a set of Stone Edge/EQ/Heat Wave/U-Turn.

84 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Archeops: 212-252 (81.5 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Archeops Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 222-262 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Type: Bug -> Bug
Ability: Swarm/Technician -> Huge Power
New Moves: Cross Chop, U-Turn

HP: 77 -> 77
Atk: 85 -> 125 (+40)
Def: 51 -> 71 (+20)
SpA: 55 -> 55
SpD: 51 -> 71 (+20)
Spe: 65 -> 85 (+20)

Flavor Concept: What has Game Freak done to give Megas to Pokemon with low BSTs and shallow movepools? They’ve given them Huge Power and big attack buffs, that’s what. Kricketune performs a song that allows it to finally unleash its hidden potential. Cross Chop is added because it can chop with its scythes, and it already has a bunch of Fighting moves. U-Turn because it’s a goddamn bug.

Competitive Concept: One of the weirdest, most uncomfortable-to-use sweepers you will ever use. It’s frail and has a terrible typing and a terrible movepool, but it’s surely viable. X-Scissor/Knock Off/Cross Chop/Sticky Web is what I would use, but U-Turn and Swords Dance could work too. Its power levels match Mega Mawile, but everything else about it makes it much more manageable. Just don’t let this guy set up.

252 Atk Huge Power Mega Kricketune X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 368-434 (91 - 107.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Huge Power Mega Kricketune Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 233-275 (69.7 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ability: Slow Start -> Sheer Force

Atk: 160 -> 195 (+35)
Def: 110 -> 130 (+20)
SpA: 80 -> 105 (+25)
SpD: 110 -> 130 (+20)
Spe: 100 -> 100

Flavor Concept: Regigigas regains the (sheer) force with which it pulled the continents.

Competitive Concept: Uber powerhouse, and perhaps the only user of the elemental punches that doesn’t necessarily regret their low base power. Sheer Force brings base 75 up to base 97.5, effectively making them more powerful than the likes of Flamethrower, Ice Beam, etc. Regigigas can also make use of Zen Headbutt, Return, Earthquake, Rock Slide, and Rock Polish depending on what you want to accomplish.

252+ Atk Sheer Force Regigigas Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Giratina: 204-240 (40.5 - 47.7%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Regigigas Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 213-252 (55.9 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)