MegaMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm more interested in OU+UU tiers that dont have any megas. It might be interesting to see what happens in a tier where all megas are allowed.

Oh, btw, Talk Takes Time is currently working on implementing this on the lab. And, having played this, Mega Blaziken is quite dangerous, but for some of the reasons you mentioned, it is not currently banned. That's why it's suspect. It is definitely one of the more dangerous attackers in the tier, though.

A dangerous attacker here is standard. When we have behemoths like Specs Kyogre with Water Spout and Charizard-Y with Eruption, Mega-Blaziken isn't so powerful with mixed offenses equal to Mega-Garchomp, who has better speed if they switch in on the same turn. Overall, it's low defenses combined with being countered by switching in Scarf Latios/Latias who then Psychic/Psyshock or Mewtwo-Normal who does the same thing. We will see Groudon usage drop due to sun being used with Charizard-Y and the multitude of water types used to counter sun, and I predict 4 megas+Xerneas+Forretress/other supporter will be a thing. Also, stall in Ubers is good now. Mega-Aggron, Mega-Venusaur, and Mega-Blastoise are all pretty good, but I suspect nobody will use stall very much for the usual reason: 'it isn't much fun to play/not how you are supposed to play' Is Lucarionite/Arceus going to be banned?

Last edited:
I've played a couple of battles in this using customgame, and groudon is actually quite good with a physically defensive spread. It's capable of walling threats, spreading paralysis, and supporting the team with sun. And honestly, Blazkiken is much more dangerous than Lucario or Arceus - this is due to how the pokemon works. You need to run multiple counters, as it's capable of breaking past counters by switching sets. The most threatening blaziken sets are swords dance + 3 attacks and SubSD, each of which have different counters. It's quite overwhelming to face.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
252 Atk Expert Belt Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Blaziken: 283-334 (94 - 110.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Life Orb does even more. Also,
252+ Atk Mega Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 164-193 (40.5 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
You seem to not realize this is the metagame of strong attackers anyway. SubLO Blaziken looses 35% of its health AT MINIMUM after two turns. Then Azumarill
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Blaziken: 288-342 (95.6 - 113.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
Not countering me? Mega-Blaziken has nowhere near the power of Mega Lucario and Arceus. Giratina lols as you try to hurt it as it Rests, then laughs off the 35% with Thunder Wave/Dragon Tail. Trying to say 'In Ubers Mega-Blaziken is broken' shows just why this needs to get implemented, so we can actually test them. I probably will nominate and vote for this Month 11 Other Metagame of the month but is there any word on getting this implemented, TBK99?
THe ignorance of blaziken's power, it hurts. Please, just no. Giratina gets hit with a clean OHKO from +2 LO knock off azumarill can't do shit because knock off + LO HJK kills and etc. The fact that you are trying to say it is weaker than mega luc is really funny, as it's probably THE strongest mega right now, nothing can match it's combo of versatility, power, ability/speed, STABs and movepool bar arceus itself

edit: don't forget classic mixken

I know, that's why Mega-Gengar is banned. ;) Yeah, tyranitar is amazingly bulky.

Edit: Why is this indented, and why can't I change it?​

Last edited:
Yeah, Tyranitar is a special wall that breaks through stall. Also, calcs:
0 SpA Mega Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 204-240 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
24 Atk Mega Tyranitar Crunch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Giratina: 234-276 (46.7 - 55%) -- 61.3% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Leftovers recovery
24 Atk Mega Tyranitar Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 358-422 (50.8 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
Yeah... Can anything besides like SD Lucario(who might get banned) stop this, as Mega-Lucario does
(43.5 - 53.4%) -- 21.9% chance to 2HKO
With Aura Sphere. So nothing besides physical attacks which hit on the 100/150 physical defense. Mega-Tyranitar needs looking into if we ban the two fighting types.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Deoxys-A Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 344-408 (85.1 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
That move strikes for 4x damage from 120 BP from the highest special attack stat possible in this tier, and it only has a slight chance to OHKO.

Sand Force Excadrill could make for a strong counter against OU's Mega-Tar.
252+ Atk Life Orb Sand Force Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 439-517 (108.6 - 127.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sand Force Excadrill Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 398-471 (98.5 - 116.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Expert Belt Mega-Kangaskhan can check it as well. Just 2HKO and boost up to +4 attack
252+ Atk Expert Belt Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Power-Up Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 244-288 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If it has a Nasty Plot up, Mega-Lucario can OHKO with Aura Sphere.
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Mega Tyranitar in Sand: 593-707 (146.7 - 175%) -- guaranteed OHKO
However, Specially Offensive Mega-Lucario could use Close Combat to outdamage Aura Sphere
0- Atk Life Orb Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Tyranitar: 780-925 (193 - 228.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mega-Kanga likes using Lefties more, and Superpower 1HKOs it. Also, I said 'if the Fighting types get banned. Also, lol at Sand Force Excadrill when it has 2 better abilities.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Mega-Kanga likes using Lefties more, and Superpower 1HKOs it. Also, I said 'if the Fighting types get banned. Also, lol at Sand Force Excadrill when it has 2 better abilities.
If you were paying attention, you'd realize that sand force is necessary for excadrill to OHKO mega ttar in sand lol

I was paying attention. I was just saying that Sand Force Excadrill is using a sub-par ability to counter one thing. That could be a little overcentralizing, considering that only counters the AV set, and not the DD one.

TheBurgerKing99 should I add this to my Server? Is this ready to be implemented anywhere? Because I love this! <3

Edit

Heracross-Mega @ King's Rock / Life Orb / Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Arm Thrust
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance / Close Combat

If only that Speed was still 85 and Attack 175 instead of 185, this would've been a bit better with King's Rock. Really good with King's Rock is Speed stat hit 100+. Anyways, LO or Scarf aren't even bad! Still disappointed with it's Speed, but I think the bulk equalled it.

Last edited:

TalkTakesTime

as shallow as a plate of cereal
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Way to make me useless TTT. ;)

Maybe I'll add it in my place incase Joim's Lab is down, I guess?
More servers = more exposure, which is good for any OM. I'm not trying to have a monopoly or anything, just get as many OMs on one server as I can so it's easy to find somewhere to play

Well, that's good.

Added MegaMons (beta) in my Server, Voyage. And it's added in Joim's Lab now, thanks to Based Lord Joim coming to restart!

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Goomy: 1796-2116 (777.4 - 916%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Luke measures a 7.8-9.2 on the goomy scale ._.
We must implement this as a thing: 0 hp/0 spd/0def lvl 100 goomy. damage vs thatdivided by 100 = score on Goomy scale.

You need to account for resists, as well as EV the goomy to have equal defenses.
The correct EVs are 184 Defense EVs, Lax Nature. Both Defenses are 167. If it is a resist/weakness, just change its type so that it's neutral. So...

252 SpA Choice Specs Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Goomy in Sun: 663-780 (287 - 337.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Specs Megazard Y measures a 2.87 to a 3.376 on the Goomy scale.

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Goomy in Sun: 1568-1844 (678.7 - 798.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

LO MegaDoom after a Nasty Plot in Sun measures a 6.787 to a 7.982 on the Goomy scale.
Let's check out Mega Luke again:

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 184+ Def Goomy: 1040-1224 (450.2 - 529.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Only a 4.502 to a 5.298. Mega Khan?

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 0 HP / 184+ Def Goomy: 976-1152 (422.5 - 498.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

A 4.225 to a 4.987. And just for kicks, let's check this out:

+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Explosion vs. 0 HP / 184+ Def Goomy: 5527-6504 (2392.6 - 2815.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

23.926 to a 28.155. DAMN. (Good thing Mega Khan doesn't get Explosion.)
Just for kicks, let's crank up the power all the way. (This Goomy is Fighting-type with 255 Attack. The target Goom is Normal/Dark with 1 HP and 1 Def at level 1. Explosion is fighting-type.)

+6 252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Goomy Helping Hand Explosion vs. -6 0 HP / 0- Def Goomy on a critical hit: 12897000-15172944 (117245454.5 - 137935854.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

1172454.545 to 1379358.545. HOT DAMN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)