SM OU Mega Zard Y Team 6 th member Help

Now iam trying to make a Mega Zard Y team but having some trouble with the team.So the team is

1. Charizard

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Focus Blast

Pretty much the standard Zard Y set, I use charizard as a Early-Mid Wall Breaker ,STAB - Boosted Fire Blast in Sun coming from a base 159 Sp.Atk stat is devastating even for something that resists it.

2.Tyranitar
Godzilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Godzilla is my Rock Setter , I know this slot should be filled with Pursuit but I need a rock better as well because this kind of team forces.a lot of switch ins so I need some.cjip damage. Lefties for recovery Ttar's attacks stat is good and it can dent the opponents team and Excadrill can clean after T-Tar is dead.

3.Excadrill

Destruction (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Excadrill is my Mid/ Late game physical Sweeper or it can break some walls like Chansey . If the Sand is uo and i Excadrill is +2 it's really "Destructive" . Poison Jab mainly for bulky grass types like Tangrowth. Iron head and Earthquake for STABs.

4. Tangrowth

Tangles (Tangrowth) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
Tangrowth is my wall and Utility mon , it can switch into some Volt Switches and knock off the item of the coming mon. HP Fire for Scizor switch ins or ferrothorn and Earth Quake for -Heatran switch ins. Giga Drain for. STAB and recovery.

4.Magearna

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Magearna is my second cleaner, with bolt beam coverage and a powerful STAB. After my other mons have elminated threats like.Tangroth and Chansey start setup Shift Gear amd
Magearna can sweep the game.

So i have used this as my Last spot

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog
But it look like Zapdos is not fittings team. Olease suggest a good mon with Defog who can fit this team :).

And iak open to all other suggestions as well. The main problem I had with this team is that my Tangrowth amd Zapdos are set uo baits I just got swept by a DD Dragonite and SD Mimikyu :(
So if possible please suggest yhe substitution for it as well .

Now iam trying to make a Mega Zard Y team but having some trouble with the team.So the team is

1. Charizard

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Focus Blast

Pretty much the standard Zard Y set, I use charizard as a Early-Mid Wall Breaker ,STAB - Boosted Fire Blast in Sun coming from a base 159 Sp.Atk stat is devastating even for something that resists it.

2.Tyranitar
Godzilla (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Godzilla is my Rock Setter , I know this slot should be filled with Pursuit but I need a rock better as well because this kind of team forces.a lot of switch ins so I need some.cjip damage. Lefties for recovery Ttar's attacks stat is good and it can dent the opponents team and Excadrill can clean after T-Tar is dead.

3.Excadrill

Destruction (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab

Excadrill is my Mid/ Late game physical Sweeper or it can break some walls like Chansey . If the Sand is uo and i Excadrill is +2 it's really "Destructive" . Poison Jab mainly for bulky grass types like Tangrowth. Iron head and Earthquake for STABs.

4. Tangrowth

Tangles (Tangrowth) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
Tangrowth is my wall and Utility mon , it can switch into some Volt Switches and knock off the item of the coming mon. HP Fire for Scizor switch ins or ferrothorn and Earth Quake for -Heatran switch ins. Giga Drain for. STAB and recovery.

4.Magearna

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Magearna is my second cleaner, with bolt beam coverage and a powerful STAB. After my other mons have elminated threats like.Tangroth and Chansey start setup Shift Gear amd
Magearna can sweep the game.

So i have used this as my Last spot

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog
But it look like Zapdos is not fittings team. Olease suggest a good mon with Defog who can fit this team :).

And iak open to all other suggestions as well. The main problem I had with this team is that my Tangrowth amd Zapdos are set uo baits I just got swept by a DD Dragonite and SD Mimikyu :(
So if possible please suggest yhe substitution for it as well .
Definitely should have band ttar with pursuit, mew fits well here, go on the smogon dex 4 defensive spread, id run ice beam tbh since lando rips this team apart. Try ice beam defog wow roost. Also can afford ada drill since ur running sand

I think that he mean that, then the sand already double the speed of excadrill, you can afford to have an adamant nature and still outspeed everything.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey AceTrainerSomu19 really cool team. Charizard-y is a mon that's been starting to diminish since the Dugtrio ban, but it's still a very potent mon, and has a lot of potential in the meta. Right off the bat I notice the obvious lack of a sixth mon, lack of hazard removal, inability to handle offensive grounds very easily, and the lack of a reliable bulkier steel type leaves the team feeling a tad shaky overall. Throughout my rate I'll look to fix these issues, while keeping the central idea of Zard-Y + Sand Engine intact.

Major Changes:

>
I realize you're looking for an addition of a sixth mon, however, I feel the change of Ferrothorn>Tangrowth will be very beneficial to the team when paired with the rest of what I have planned. Ferrothorn keeps the grass typing of Tangrowth, but it also provides you with a sturdy steel to help sponge hits + a mon capable of using Stealth Rock not named Tyranitar allowing you to run Pursuit.

Another reason to run Ferrothorn is because it pairs well with Mew who I'm suggesting you add as a sixth mon. Mew provides you with a solid check vs threats like M-Medi and offensive grounds. Mew also brings hazard removal to the table in the form of Defog, which is a huge aid to Charizard-Y. Overall Mew brings a lot of utility to the team, and fits extremely well in that 6th slot.

>
Another suggestion I'd like to make is Tapu Lele > Magearna. Yes Magearna is a potent late game sweeper, I just worry about the speed/revenge killing ability of this team. Yes you have Excadrill, but with Sand not being permanent the assurance that a Choice Scarf Tapu Lele could provide is extremely nice. Tapu Lele would act as a solid revenge killer, while also having the ability to help shield mons like Excadrill from an Ash Greninja removing it with Water Shuriken. Basically this suggestion comes down to the sheer benefit of having a scarfer in the current meta. Scarf Tapu Lele also serves as a solid late game cleaner, so it will be able to help in that regard similarly to SG Magearna late game.

Minor Changes:

Now that you have Ferrothorn to set up Rocks you're free to run Pursuit on Tyranitar, along with a Choice Band > Leftovers.

Poison Jab on Excadrill never seems to be worth it from my experience, so I'm going to suggest you change that out for Swords Dance
. Also with the change of Tapu Lele > Magearna the team is currently without a Z Stone Abuser, so I want to try Steelium Z > Life Orb on Excadrill helping reduce chip + giving Excadrill that nuke option so it doesn't have to waste as many sand turns on a mon it can't traditionally ohko.

Summary of Changes:

->

+

->

: LO -> Steelium SD
: Stealth Rock -> Choice Band Pursuit

Conclusion:

That's all I have for the rate. I feel like the original goal of filling holes + keeping the central theme of the team was successful. I really hope you like the team, and if you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let me know in the thread/pms. Also quick S/O to Qplaz for bouncing ideas around with me as I get back into rating. AceTrainerSomu19 I hope you have fun with the team, have a nice day!

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Hey AceTrainerSomu19 really cool team. Charizard-y is a mon that's been starting to diminish since the Dugtrio ban, but it's still a very potent mon, and has a lot of potential in the meta. Right off the bat I notice the obvious lack of a sixth mon, lack of hazard removal, inability to handle offensive grounds very easily, and the lack of a reliable bulkier steel type leaves the team feeling a tad shaky overall. Throughout my rate I'll look to fix these issues, while keeping the central idea of Zard-Y + Sand Engine intact.

Major Changes:

>
I realize you're looking for an addition of a sixth mon, however, I feel the change of Ferrothorn>Tangrowth will be very beneficial to the team when paired with the rest of what I have planned. Ferrothorn keeps the grass typing of Tangrowth, but it also provides you with a sturdy steel to help sponge hits + a mon capable of using Stealth Rock not named Tyranitar allowing you to run Pursuit.

Another reason to run Ferrothorn is because it pairs well with Mew who I'm suggesting you add as a sixth mon. Mew provides you with a solid check vs threats like M-Medi and offensive grounds. Mew also brings hazard removal to the table in the form of Defog, which is a huge aid to Charizard-Y. Overall Mew brings a lot of utility to the team, and fits extremely well in that 6th slot.

>
Another suggestion I'd like to make is Tapu Lele > Magearna. Yes Magearna is a potent late game sweeper, I just worry about the speed/revenge killing ability of this team. Yes you have Excadrill, but with Sand not being permanent the assurance that a Choice Scarf Tapu Lele could provide is extremely nice. Tapu Lele would act as a solid revenge killer, while also having the ability to help shield mons like Excadrill from an Ash Greninja removing it with Water Shuriken. Basically this suggestion comes down to the sheer benefit of having a scarfer in the current meta. Scarf Tapu Lele also serves as a solid late game cleaner, so it will be able to help in that regard similarly to SG Magearna late game.

Minor Changes:

Now that you have Ferrothorn to set up Rocks you're free to run Pursuit on Tyranitar, along with a Choice Band > Leftovers.

Poison Jab on Excadrill never seems to be worth it from my experience, so I'm going to suggest you change that out for Swords Dance
. Also with the change of Tapu Lele > Magearna the team is currently without a Z Stone Abuser, so I want to try Steelium Z > Life Orb on Excadrill helping reduce chip + giving Excadrill that nuke option so it doesn't have to waste as many sand turns on a mon it can't traditionally ohko.
Summary of Changes:

->

+

->

: LO -> Steelium SD
: Stealth Rock -> Choice Band Pursuit

Conclusion:
That's all I have for the rate. I feel like the original goal of filling holes + keeping the central theme of the team was successful. I really hope you like the team, and if you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let me know in the thread/pms. Also quick S/O to Qplaz for bouncing ideas around with me as I get back into rating. AceTrainerSomu19 I hope you have fun with the team, have a nice day!

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Excadrill @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
Thanks I really liked all the suggestion ^_^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)