ORAS UU Mega Sceptile Weiredo Balance(Or Nambo's Show)

First RMT but I don`t really care too much about introductions since I only did this RMT Out of boredom when showdown started to not connect for me and because Nambo is awsome and I need to say it

Introduction(Aka ignore if you want serious you can):
This team first Version came to be back in the "UU is basically Fairys vrs Rona" Meta of the post Metagross Ban and was developed to be a pretty different team to use in contrast to the basic spam the crap out of Mega Altaria Klefki and Rona cause they were borked(even though I`m guilty of using Klefki myself lol) while having a hint of competitiveness and turned out to something pretty neat to use...until the UU council decided it was a fun idea to let the Borked Fighting Megas in UU while banning the ONLY thing I could use to reliably revenge kill both(RIP Scarf Raptor) with good results and that destroyed the team completely which forced me to scrap all the old members and only the Original Core remained,but now that I bored you with that story lets get going.

The Original Duo(aka don`t ever think of changing than):

Chlorogia (Sceptile) (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

The Standart Sceptile set designed around being my Major Win Con vrs Offensive teams due to its high speed and being a Pivot into UU Resident Bulky Waters and one of my Electric Type Checks.I have honestly considered changing the Focus Blast for HP Fire due to consistency and Nailing Whimsicott but being stuck losing vrs base 145s and being Checked by Mega Aggron made me think its not a worthy trade off​

Nambo (Darmanitan) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

Basically I wanted a Partner to help break down common mons that Check/Counter Mega Sceptile while also creating a high amount of Stress in the opponents Bulky Water Types that Sceptile has issues Denting like Tentacruel.Decided to go for a Band Darmanitan due to the facts is quite easy to bluff a scarf and lure those mons in while being able to punch massive holes into most of the defensive mons in UU.Superpower is preferred over Rock Slide because the major things Rock Slide really hit are basically 2HKOed or OHKOed by a CB Flare Blitz after SR Dmg anyway and Snorlax is a HUGE threat to the team.

The Rest:

Mudlock (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

So when looking at the Original I basically though "What is this core weak against?" a few things the first things that came into my mind were Strong Fire Types,Mega Aerodactly,Hydreigon,Fighting/Fire Types were the first things that popped into my mind so I basically decided why not add good ol Standard Swampert to make a completely original FGW Core while also Hard Checking Aerodactly and Fire,SR Support,a way to phaze dangerous sweepers and a solid Physically Defensive tank overall

Wanda (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Synthesis
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

With Swampert Covering up the Fire Types+Aero I went for Florges to Cover Hydreigon while kinda Checking Fighting types.At first I went Wish Tect Florges for Scouting and Keeping Darmanitan and Sceptile Healthy,but in the midway testing the team I noticed it was getting a bit too much reliant on Darmanitan to Punch Holes on Bulky Team to win because Sceptile damage being relatively underwhelming,so I decided why not to try out the kolokoko CM Florges for a secondary with some utility while still working basically the same as a Normal Florges in terms of checking the stuff I want it to check.Aromatherapy is prefered over coverage because Sceptile tendency of switching around into Scalds and the residual dmg sucks for a Sub User.Major con its the fact that it can`t do nothing to Jirachi which is like beyond annoying for this team to deal with and it can`t check phsycall atackers that well as I want it to

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 224 HP / 84 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Well after adding Florges and Swampert to the team I noticed my team had basically 0 good switch ins for Roserade,and it still needed some form of Hazard Removal since Sceptile is really weak to Toxic Spikes and Darmanitan is obviously weak to SR and this team doesn`t really like SW too much,Bat sounded like an obvious solution to basically everything and Flying is just a Great Typing to have on UU due the sheer amount of stuff it can threaten and help pivot into.I really really miss Taunt on this thing though.If Someone asks why Crobat has no nickname its because it never did anything impressive enough to make wanna nickname it lol

Kyubei (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Trick
- U-turn

Basically the last mon of the team although it's a very key menber.Overall I needed a few things one a solid Ice and Psychic Resits,something to revenge kill Stuff like Scarf Hydreigon Loppuny Mega Alakazam and etc,a good pivot/scout while also being able to help out against my poor match up against Bulky Swepers,Scarf Rachi basically was the answer to all that thanks to its great stats+Typing+Annoyance factor made for an Excellent Glue and my third possible wincon and one of the major reasons for the team relative success and since its Mfin Jirachi it has no real risks involved lol

Threats to the team:

Shiseijū(Aka Huge threats)
Curselax basically 6-0es me if I don`t trick or Phaze him after he boosts before he Boosts I need to hit him with Darmanitan CB Superpower.​
Basically as long as Zam is not being a complete sissy and running protect he can pretty much beat my entire team outside of Rachi 1v1
If Rain is up and this thing sets a up a SD I basically lose a mon for every Rain Turn Left.
If Florges Dies this thing gets a kill every time it comes into vrs Darm/Sceptile/Swampert.Crobat only needs a bit of prior Dmg in other to not die to a Air Slash

Other Threats:Nidos like on most teams have 0 proper switch ins,Jirachi is really annoying,CM Tailwind Cune,Cresselia,BU Tornadus and Mega Sharpedo Lategame are huge threats,LO Dreigon is pretty annoying to switch in depedin on set,and Chandelure can be a pain in the ass if I mess up and give him a Flash Fire Boost,Ice Beam Bulky Waters cause fuck Zyggy

Final Considerations:I`m prolly not going to change the team at all outside of a few nitpicks since in January there will be a big Shift in how the meta works and I will probably rebuild the team again.
if you are one of the dudes that ladder ranking matters for you my peak was at about 1500s-1570s on number like 67 on the ladder(which honestly didn`t matter cause the ladder was still new and I still saw way too much um how to say in a non offensive way....strange stuff) and I tend to do Ok in chat tours

Nambo cause he is the best Darmanitan ever killer Of Hydreigons,Crocunes and Zygardes and protagonist of several other amazing feats that will be told through the Generations of Proud Darmanitans and Darumakas
So Dynamic,r0ady,BasedAaron,DMT,CoolStoryBrobat,Meowiekins,Nigthmare Vampire and many other dudes and some gals? that make the UU Room a fun place to be in
King UU for voicing me and being the one of the few dudes with an existent common sense in the council and wanted to ban Zygarde

SuperSmashBrawl for being annoying as hell and killing me in another timeline and not being Meele
Anything and anyone that dares say something bad about Nambo
Whoever the hell was the dude who didn`t vote ban Bunny/Gallade and made both stay in UU
The Dude I need to get the Address and Fight him on the Street

Harpy only thing that allowed my team not get 6-0ed by Gallade and Bunny which forced me to change the entire team
RIP Jumbo in a meta with Gallade and Bunny everywhere :(

Hey what's up dude, this is a pretty great team and there's really not much to say about it lol, given that it does a good job of checking a good portion of the tier while also having some really nice offensive presence. You've got your nice standard Swamp/Florg/Crobat core along with a great offensive duo (RIP Staraptor indeed though) with a Scarf Jirachi in the back.

I think Focus Blast is much better than HP Fire on your Sceptile, because Whimsicott is basically the only thing you're hitting (Jirachi and Forretress take about the same amount from Focus Blast).

The one thing I will say is that you're terribly weak to strong special attackers such as Specs Chandelure and Mega Blastoise, but you've got good ways of dealing with these offensively and besides, there's really nothing you can do about it that won't change your team drastically. I guess a possibility is changing Florges to the standard defensive cleric set which has more SpDef investment and can take them on better, but then you lose your wincon and I don't think you want to do that. So yeah, just be aware of that and play carefully around those I guess.

Anyway yeah I don't have much to say lol, I guess that's a good thing because you said you didn't wanna change anything. Good luck using this team in the future!

Hey what's up dude, this is a pretty great team and there's really not much to say about it lol, given that it does a good job of checking a good portion of the tier while also having some really nice offensive presence. You've got your nice standard Swamp/Florg/Crobat core along with a great offensive duo (RIP Staraptor indeed though) with a Scarf Jirachi in the back.

I think Focus Blast is much better than HP Fire on your Sceptile, because Whimsicott is basically the only thing you're hitting (Jirachi and Forretress take about the same amount from Focus Blast).

The one thing I will say is that you're terribly weak to strong special attackers such as Specs Chandelure and Mega Blastoise, but you've got good ways of dealing with these offensively and besides, there's really nothing you can do about it that won't change your team drastically. I guess a possibility is changing Florges to the standard defensive cleric set which has more SpDef investment and can take them on better, but then you lose your wincon and I don't think you want to do that. So yeah, just be aware of that and play carefully around those I guess.

Anyway yeah I don't have much to say lol, I guess that's a good thing because you said you didn't wanna change anything. Good luck using this team in the future!
ty Dudeman,Also I said I didn`t want to change something drasticaly like a entire moveset or few menbers but some few moves EV Spreads and few nitpicks are always great to hear

As I said the HP Fire thing was more for the actual Consistency Factor(because Focus Miss still is Focus Miss lol) over the actual Dmg/Coverage part of it,I never had much issues with Choiced Chandy normally what tends to be harder to deal is Sub CM especially if it gets a Flash Fire Boost outside of that 99% of the chandy pressure on the team is basically not allowing me to click Flare Blitz,Blastoise in most cases Florges tend to check it fine but I haven`t seen a blastoise in ages so there is that

Also its fun how This team has basically Triple Core built on it it has a Dragon/Steel/Fairy Core a FGW Core and the Crobat/Swampy/Florges lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)