SM OU Mega Lopunny Bulky Offense (My first RMT!)

The Pokemon:

Explanations:

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
Moves:
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Power Up Punch

The star of the team, I love Mega Lopunny for its amazing late game cleaning capabilities. The set is pretty simple, HJK and Return are your STABs, Ice Punch OHKOs offensive Landorus (2HKO after Intimidate), and also 2HKOs Defensive Landorus on the switch. Power up Punch takes advantage of the switches mega lopunny forces to boost its attack stat. I used to run Fake out here for revenge killing things like Volcarona and Mega Alakazam, but I've found this to be more useful.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Sp.Def
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
Moves:
- Volt switch
- Hydro pump
- Will-o-wisp
- Defog

Ripped straight from smogon, my volt switcher. I like a slow Volt Switch to get Mega Lopunny in easily, so I put the speed EVs back into Special defense. I used to have Tapu Koko, but Rotom Wash has a much better machup against Garchomp, which my team struggled against, and Koko got rid of Bulu's Terrain which was counterproductive at times I needed the healing. Hydro Pump for secondary stab, Will-o-wisp more like will o miss lmao is for crippling checks like Bulu and other physical attackers. Defog helps keep the team healthy from hazards.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 Spe
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
Moves:
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

For such a cute pokemon, you'd be surprised at the havoc this thing can wreck. V-create is an insanely powerful move, even more so when powered up by STAB. Bolt strike provides great coverage with V-create, hitting the bulky waters that resist it. U-turn weakens its checks for Mega Lopunny to kill later. Final Gambit is something I'm very proud of, and I take full credit for coming up with it (unless it's already a thing). It also lets it tank some stuff better which is always good. The speed is to outspeed Timid Mega Alakazam, which is OHKO'd by V-create.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
Moves:
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- HP Fire
- Volt Switch

My Steel Trapper is Magnezone. Choice Specs is brilliant on Magnezone, as its specialty is taking out select threats. Thunderbolt and flash cannon are powerful stabs taking out threats like Magearna, Tapu Bulu and most Steels. HP fire hits for 160 Base Power against Ferrothorn and Scizor, which is stronger than Thunderbolt (135 after STAB), so it is the best move against them. Volt switch is to get a teammate in safely. There is a slight overlap with Rotom Wash in both of them sharing the same 2 electric type moves, however.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Ability: Grassy Terrain
Jolly Nature
Moves:
- Horn leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Megahorn

Tapu Bulu is my wallbreaker, breaking down teams for Lopunny to sweep. I maxed attack to hit as hard as possible, and the speed is to outspeed the common offensive Z-Move Heatran and everything below it, while the rest is piled into HP. The set is pretty standard, but I like running Megahorn to surprise Tangrowth. Tapu Bulu should try to weaken the opposing team from the start by spamming Wood hammer. Having stealth rock up helps, as the flying types Bulu baits in take significant damage from it. Grassy Terrain is very useful to stay healthy throughout the match, along with providing recovery for the team. Additionally, the aforementioned flying types are immune to Grassy Terrain's healing, which helps Bulu's chances one on one.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp.Def
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- U-turn

Landorus-T is my Rocker and lead. Earthquake is for that great STAB, and Toxic is for opposing Landorus leads that I see so commonly, and for Rotom-Wash that predict a switch and try volt switching. Finally, U-turn provides chip damage and gains momentum. Being slower than most opposing Landorus means that they will U-turn first, and I get the chip damage from Rocky Helmet.

So that's my team. As put in the title, it's my first RMT (Though I've been on Showdown! for a while), so it may not be perfect. Any advice would be much appreciated!

- Rain: I don't have many safe switch-ins for rain aside from Tapu Bulu, which is worn down waayyy to easily. After that my best bet is to send in Rotom (Assuming Mega Swampert is off the field) and chip with Volt switch so Lopunny can finish up, although swift swim users hurt. Thus, when the rain ends try to predict a switch and use volt switch on their Pelipper.

- Mega Charizard X/Y: DON'T, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, LET IT DDANCE. If you do, good luck and have fun. As for Zard Y, it's exploitable speed helps, but I lack a good fire resist (Heatran) and don't know where to put him on the team.

- Basically anything faster: My team is rather slow, so faster mons (see Charizard above) can easily break through the team with the right coverage.

- Trick Room: Annoyingly enough, while my mons are rather slow, trick room members still outspeed every last one of them, and I get overwhelmed easily. Bulu can wallbreak and magnezone gets rid of Magearna, but I often lose.

There are others but those are all I can remember.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-962451168: Against Trick Room

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-962455121: Nothing really special

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-962659812: Against rain (Very close call only won by the paralysis)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)