Mayweather v. Pacquiao confirmed!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
"The networks resultingly will come together to produce and distribute a joint pay-per-view telecast, which is expected to cost a record-high $89.95 (and probably $10 more for high definition)."

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I want Pacquiao to win but I suffer from 0 delusions: Mayweather is an overwhelmingly better boxer right now.

Could an upset happen? Sure. The dude Mayweather just faced twice wasn't at all considered elite tier and he tagged Mayweather a few times...

That said, Pacquiao blows against counter punchers and...well, that's Mayweather...

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this is a hugely obvious Mayweather win but strongly rooting for Pacquiao

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I hope Pacquiao beats the living fuck out of the thug that is Floyd Mayweather Jr, but I'm not stupid. Mayweather has the stylistic advantage in this fight and Pacquiao would have to have the fight of his life to win this. Not saying it couldn't happen, but Mayweather's fast enough to get out of the way of Pac's punches and as Aldaron said, Pac blows against counter punchers. Maybe Mayweather's slowed down enough that Pacquiao's better hand speed can knock him around, maybe Pacquiao will just kick it into some gear we haven't seen before now that he has the fight of his life, but from what the fighters have recently showed him Mayweather's a pretty safe pick IMO. Both of them are going to get their shots in and I believe Mayweather's going to get hit like he's never been hit before, but Mayweather will figure Pacquiao out by mid-fight and go on from there. Expecting a unanimous decision along the lines of 116-112 or 117-111.

Regardless, I really want Pacquiao to win because Mayweather is a woman-beating thug.

Floyd is a fucking cheater! All of Mayweather promotion fighters are teaming up with Alex Ariza and Memo Heredia. They are BOTH PED Gurus. Floyd gonna Ace that drug test because now he can use and hide the PEDs. Memo and Alex are known for juicin fighters! All that shit talking about Manny using steroids just went down the drain, Floyd you know you are the one using PEDs it's the other way around. I hope Manny knock you out like what he did to Hatton.

When there is such a short time frame to make such a huge amount of money we shouldn't be surprised that anyone is using anything. In my opinion it is safe to say that almost ALL high level athletes use one illegal substance or another.

That being said this fight is 5 years overdue and as exciting as it still is we all know we've been scammed. Mayweather wanted nothing to do with Pac when he was a legitimate threat and at this point he should be able to cruise to a decision win without ever being in much danger.

I really hope that they're not so far apart at this point that Mayweather toys and humiliates Pac because given the chance he will.

Sports aren't like movies. The bad guy doesn't lose in the end in sports. Sucks. Will be tuning in tho.

Here's a list of famous celebrities rooting for Manny Pacquiao: Prince Harry, Liam Neeson, Keanu Reeves, Mario Lopez, Mark Wahlberg, Jimmy Kimmel, Will Ferrell, Dr. Phil, Mickey Roarke, Sylvester Stallone, Jeremy Lin, Stephen Curry, Ronda Rousey, Chuck Liddell, Erik Morales, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, and Muhammad Ali. That's not even all of them.

#TMT #TheMannyTeam #TBE #TheBestEmmanuel

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm using custom filters to remove #teampac and #themannyteam from my newsfeed. Waht a useless fucking spectacle. It's so overanalyzed that it's becoming annoying now.

Hhhmmmmm... I'm rather surprised on some of the reactions here since my country would be all eyes and ears on this fight of the Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Honestly, I cannot specifically vote as to who could win despite some viewers see that Mayweather delayed the time of the supposedly fight five years ago when the "Pacman" was at his prime before he became like a governor of General Santos City, Philippines.

As a Filipino viewer, the way I would see the fight is that the glory mentality should thrown out of the water. Rather, make a fair and epic fight as a form of spectacular entertainment in the boxing community. I mean, overhyped for like five years! I feel horrible for those promoters you know for they suffered the wrath of the fanbase of boxing fans.

I hope Pacquiao beats the living fuck out of the thug that is Floyd Mayweather Jr, but I'm not stupid. Mayweather has the stylistic advantage in this fight and Pacquiao would have to have the fight of his life to win this. Not saying it couldn't happen, but Mayweather's fast enough to get out of the way of Pac's punches and as Aldaron said, Pac blows against counter punchers. Maybe Mayweather's slowed down enough that Pacquiao's better hand speed can knock him around, maybe Pacquiao will just kick it into some gear we haven't seen before now that he has the fight of his life, but from what the fighters have recently showed him Mayweather's a pretty safe pick IMO. Both of them are going to get their shots in and I believe Mayweather's going to get hit like he's never been hit before, but Mayweather will figure Pacquiao out by mid-fight and go on from there. Expecting a unanimous decision along the lines of 116-112 or 117-111.

Regardless, I really want Pacquiao to win because Mayweather is a woman-beating thug.
Whoa. Really? I never knew that some foreigners (US residents) favor him over their country star Mayweather for some reason I just cannot see. I honestly cannot tell if said Mayweather is what some interpret on the quote above. But I guess it makes the voting views rather intriguing for me

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
im pumped for this, not really a big fan of either of the boxers but i hate mayweather with a passion - its all about money and not about the boxing with him and i think he truly symbolises why modern boxing is on its arse compared to the personalities that have come before. unfortunately, the smart money is on mayweather on points and i can't really see any other outcome. hopefully manny comes out at him early with his quick and aggressive punching style and manages to find a few holes in floyds guard. floyd tends to lean to the side of punches so i think manny is gonna get the most joy out his left jabs.

still can't wait for the fight, only 2 hours to go!

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
That was so underwhelming.
Fuck it.

Gunning for a decision from the starting bell. Didn't even try, just kept distance with the superior height+reach.
Nothing wrong though, he came through a winner and all for $$$, but I pity people who paid $100 to watch this match.

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Props to Mayweather, I suppose, for "just [keeping] distance with the superior height+reach" as he should be doing. What I don't understand is how this guy has become the richest athlete in the world. Yes, I know these guys (fighters) individually pocket most of their ticket money because they don't have to divvy up the profits to a huge organization of people beneath them but who the fuck has been paying to watch Mayweather's shit for the past 10+ years to make his personal brand so huge? Watching him is like watching Meta Knight plank an entire match, or a team full of Rocky Helmet Ferrothorns and Eviolite Minimize Chanseys. Dude is fucking boring.

Not to mention he's a scumbag of a human being and he cherrypicks all his fights, refusing to fight anybody in their prime who could presently challenge him (like, say, Manny five years ago) so his record isn't even actually impressive. It's like claiming the Harlem Globetrotters are the greatest basketball team in the world because they're something like 22000-300, when all they do is play patsies. But they actually give the crowd a good show and don't take themselves ultra-seriously.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Turned out pretty much exactly how I expected it. I did end up buying PPV but me and a few friends split the cost so it wasnt that bad.

At the end I like how Pac said he thought he won that fight. In a way he's right.
Both Floyd and Pac made like 50,000$ per second tonight.
The general public who payed to see it are the only real losers in this fight

That was so underwhelming.
Fuck it.

Gunning for a decision from the starting bell. Didn't even try, just kept distance with the superior height+reach.
Nothing wrong though, he came through a winner and all for $$$, but I pity people who paid $100 to watch this match.
Were you seriously expecting anything else?. I swear all people complaining have never seen him fight before today and their boxing knowledge comes from Rocky.

"He's trying to win. What a bad fight"

That's his style and that's the reason why he is so successful, and additionally at his weight getting KOs are much harder, especially against the elite of the sport. He forces the fight to go the way he wants, he does more damage than what he takes, and constantly tags his opponent. Pacquiao was being extremely defensive as well, no one seems to complain about that, the difference is that he had to pressure more because he had a reach disadvantage.

If you want to see quick KOs, blood, and fighters literally making themselves retarded inside the ring due to the fact they have 0 defense, high level professional boxing isn't for you. Go watch amateur heavyweights that gas in 2 min or Kimbo Slice youtube fights.

Soul Fly

is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes, you described outboxing perfectly. Thanks for your elitist assumption that I'm an overnight Rocky novice, and trying to justify a frankly boring match.
I have no issues with the way May won, I think I was very clear on that. It's like watching chelsea parking the bus on a bad day.

If you want to know what I consider good matches then I'll offer corrales vs castillo, or ward v/s gatti. Or maybe even Pac's last few matches. But I guess when the stakes are this high you play for the stalemate.

who the fuck has been paying to watch Mayweather's shit for the past 10+ years to make his personal brand so huge? Watching him is like watching Meta Knight plank an entire match, or a team full of Rocky Helmet Ferrothorns and Eviolite Minimize Chanseys. Dude is fucking boring.
He actually used to be pretty exciting to watch in the 00's, for the past 4-5 years he has been generating hype with the bad guy routine, something he even pulled off today post decision taunting the crowd with "Money wins, he didn't do nothing."
Think: Bad pkmn players in the a trash talk thread.

Last edited:
Uhhhh, wow? That ending discussion of Mayweather's win is ... humorous, I guess. Even Pacquiao's loss is not that bad. He had worse losses compared to this one Like, was it that match years ago when Morales KO'd the Pacman (or as I say, Manny "Hitmonchan" Pacman Pacquiao) and he never got up?

Like what I suggested last time, this match is less about the glory and the money. Rather, it is a match that both sides just wanted to get done no thanks to the great demand of boxing fans for like... 5 years! For purely entertainment's sake in the end. I say that fight msy as well be the last one for the Pacman. He is already a government of a city here in our country Philippines doing his part. I kinda don't see anymore the point of his continuous fights. He is pretty much a grand staple of boxing legends that like already inspired even more to become like The Pacman.

Had any of you heard of the Filipino Flash Donaire? He is the one who carry Pacquiao's torch as a symbol for Philippines' modern boxing star.

Still GG for both sides. Only the boxing fans lose the battle

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Boxing is dead. I've been calling him Floyd Thugweather for a while, I should call him Floyd Hugweather because all he did was clinch for half the fight. Total hype-fest of a fight that didn't live up to its billing. I had it 117-111 May, but holy shit that was boring.

Welp, simply, I see Manny Pacquiao as Hitmonchan (due to his great agility, evasiveness, agression and KO power) and Floyd Mayweather as Mienshao (I imagine all of the hugging tactics would be replicated to that of its whip-ish arms). Simply, which fighting pokemon matches these two boxers? You can other legendary boxers as well

leremyju

Banned deucer.
Mayweather won fair and square, although I hated it. Props to him for coming out strong early. Pacquiao wasn't as aggressive, although Mayweather kept him away with speed, jab, and threat of the straight right. Mayweather shows why he is undefeated, Pacman is still the person we love and root for no matter what.

It also doesn't hide that Mayweather is a terrible human being. Maybe he'd be pissed if he could actually read the comments. Good defensive boxer but not a fighter

this will teach you dumb motherfuckers not to get excited about shit you know you obviously should not get excited about

it was 5-7 years late, this was always going to be fucking awful whether or not Floyd's meaningless unbeaten streak was broken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)