SM OU M-Sceptile Team.

Introduction

This is the 3rd team I made for SM, when M-Sceptile got released I decided to make a team with it, after a lot of trial and error I finnaly made a good team with it. without anymore delays here it is.

The Team

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Dragon Pulse

M-Scep is the mega of the team, I choose it because its my favorite mon its very quick, hits hard enough, has a good match up against some dangerous stuff like Koko and Ninjas, his coverage don't give to many free switch ins and discourage the opponent to spam eletric moves and volt switchs which its good for fini and to tran who rather not take a volt and face a lando or a chomp. Its a solid mega.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness

Fini is here for defog hazards away and being a general annoyance. I choose to replace taunt for ice beam to get a better match up against ground types like Lando-T, chomp and opposing Zygarde, also helps against stall and opposing bulk mons with NM cutting the HP by half so Zyg or heatran can handle them better.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic/Iron Tail

Zygarde is the main breaker of the team, Unless I am dealing with Bulu, Growth or Lando-T something is either going down or taking a ton of damage from either spamming arrows or outrage, extreme speed is a wonderful priority picking up weakened mons and toxic is here to cripple Bulu, Lando-T and growth, its very situational though since Misty field might be on so Iron Tail is also a good choice.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

While building the team I realised it had a very bad match up against M-Swampert, PhysDef tangrowth was added to deal with that and be a extra hand against physical attackers, its hard to take down from that side, but gotta watch out for Lando-T with SSSS who can break it with no problem.

Heatran @ Shed Shell
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Heatran works as my rocker and my trapper, I picked it mostly to use it against stall especifically to trap either Chansey or Clefable toxic them, taunt and rocks if the opportunity comes, the Shed is here to make sure I don't lose it against dugtrio and lose my one shot of either cripple or take them out, it works well out of stall too, setting rocks, dealing with passive mons and other steel mons not named Heatran.

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 8 Def / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak/Rock Slide

A-Muk is my pursuiter, its bulk enough to trap things who could make a problem to my team like scarf Lele and Protean Greninja also being able to poison while pursuiting or knocking itens on the switch its very nice, Shadow sneak is here to give it priority and pick up some weakened mons but since its gonna switch into lele a lot rock slide is a option hitting Volca and Char-Y for good damage.

Threat List

Lando-T is pretty dificult to handle till I know the item, Z-Move gonna deal a lot to any team member who won't resist, Scarf can kill Scep with U-turn, and there the special set I saw a few times while laddering.

Mamoswine especially the orb variant can hit the entire team very hard, if previously weakened Zyg can handle it with ES but still a very bad match up.

M-Swampert can clean the team if its on the rain and growth is down, so gotta be carefull around rain teams especially since with kingdra is able to break through Fini with some prior damage.

Trick Room teams are a problem, specailly A-Marowak and M-Mawile since nothing likes to switch on them, but Mawile can be dealth with as long as tran and growth are ok.

Conclusion

I had lots of ups and downs while making the team, but I also had lots of fun, feedback is always welcome and I hope you have lots of fun with the team as a I did by using it.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake
- Dragon Pulse

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

Heatran @ Shed Shell
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Atk / 8 Def / 120 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Last edited:

3d

継続は力なり
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
yo 1234hjkl

mega sceptile is one of the new megas that ive been really hyped to use and ive already built a few teams with it so im glad to see something else using it

at first glance tapu bulu puts in a lot of work vs this team since you lack an actual way to prevent bulu from setting up and dealing with a +2 bulu besides a 75% accurate move. its also very hard for this team to deal with pretty much any flying type, mainly mega pinsir because, like tapu bulu, mega pinsir can ohko every single pokemon and can get off sds easier, but unlike bulu mega pinsir actually outspeeds heatran so you literally have no counterplay to mega pinsir.

->
| change tapu fini to zapdos | as i previously stated, both mega pinsir and tapu bulu are huge threats to this team. zapdos is possibly the best mega pinsir check on offense since not only does it resist mega pinsirs flying stab, but it also is immune to earthquake and retains the defog support fini provides. one thing that zapdos has over fini however is that it can actually prevent rocks from going up via hp ice. heat wave could be an option over defog but if you go that route you're just gonna lose to greninja/ferrothorn spikes and have your entire team get chipped for something like tapu koko to clean.

smaller tweaks
  • | change tangrowth to av | tapu koko and waters like manaphy are super threatening vs this team as you lack an answer to a +1 speed manaphy, or a real thunderbolt switchin. av tangrowth is one of the best koko switchins thanks to regen, and it helps ease the mu vs manaphy since it can eat any hit and then u can either revenge kill with zygarde if it has +1 speed or sceptile if it has no boosts. physdef doesnt really help this team with anything besides like mega pert rain (as you said) but with the removal of fini, kingdra 6-0s this team so av really helps a lot.

importable

Hi, sorry I took to long to anwser. These are some valid changes, I can see were you're going with them, Bulu was never a problem for the team really, then again the one I fough were either Fightium or Rockium which growth survived, but I can see M-Pinsir and to a extent M-Hera being thing Zapdos could help with, my main issue would be stuff like Zard-X, stall and status since Fini helped with theose, then again Zard-X is shaky pick in the meta and the others can be manageable, I gonna give it a try.

About Growth, this one seems a good change my match up gainst Tran gets better, and it can justify the loss of fini against rain since it can survive a Draco from Kingdra and incredible though a 2ko form M-swamp ice punch rock aside, this one looks solid, gonna try to use it and see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)