Walrus LG's Drunken Rave (Won by Nightmare!)

In 8th, earning 7.8 points: Toren

Phoenix: Lisztomania (Shook Remix)

Super funky, bass line is the main winner here. The synths are a great element during the transitions, I'd love this song at a party. Vocals and pianos are good complements to the bass.

In 5th, earning 8.1 points: RODAN

OutKast and Khujo Goodie: Gasoline Dreams

This song energizes you by being angry as fuck, which while unconventional still gets the job done. Andre and Big Boi's bars are great as usual, Khujo feels like he's slurring it a little too much, not as big a fan of his flow.

In 4th, earning 8.3 points: Walrein

Mystery Skulls: Freaking Out

When vocals hit the sweet spot of electronically influenced, but not overpowered/autotuned to hell, it's always a blessing to see. Mystery Skulls manage to hit that sweet spot, along with great bass and piano.

In 3rd, earning 8.7 points: P2X7

Count Basie and his Orchestra: Jumpin' at the Woodside

Great Jazz, sounds like a show my grandpa would take me to. There's great moments for both big band and solo instruments to shine, espescially the trumpet in the first quarter.

In 2nd, earning 8.9 points: Sylveonzoroark

SoraMafu: Middle Schooler Disease Outburst

I guess I'm... a Utaite fan *shudders*. I keeo giving them high scores ;_; But my god, if this isn't one of the catchiest keyboard riffs I've ever heard. I love how wacky this track is, they just straight up are yelling over the bomb guitar solo, male/female vocals give it lots of energy. Really great harmonies in the chorus too. I get it I'm a weeb...

In 1st, earning 9.4 points: DLE

OutKast: B.O.B.

Stankonia has rocketed near the top of albums I need to listen to after this Walrus is over. Great political reference for the time, really drives the point home, tight as fuck lyricism in the verses. Normally, if a song had two lines left and two minutes of run time I'd be worried, but they had a freaking guitar solo to keep you excited. Love it. Power Music, Electric Revival!

In 27th, earning 4.5 points: Lil Bean

Masayoshi Oishi: Overlord Opening

Suffers heavily from both Generic Anime Opening and Too Much Auto-tune Syndrome. There's a nice energy and pace to it, but the vocals throw it off for me. I wish they used the more symphonic vocals that appeared in the bridge, such a waste.

In 26th, earning 5.5 points: Zeonth

PelleK: Limit Break x Survivor (From Dragon Ball Super)

We're really getting the mediocre weeb shit outta the way aren't we. Less grating on the ear, but it's more standard anime inspirational shonen fight song stuff.

In 24th, earning 6 points: Texas

Roy Dotrice: Not One of Us (From Lion King 2)

Haven't seen this movie, and the movie soundtracks have been spoiled for me because I've seen the Broadway show, sorry bud. There's good percussion in this track, but other Lion King songs have more uniqueness and better vocal performances.

In 23rd, earning 6.2 points: Toren

Takeharu Ishimoto: The Price of Freedom (From Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core)

I wish they kept the guitars acoustic all the way throughout, it had a much better tone, and the mixing of the pick slides with the electric guitars didn't really work. Overall a decent sound however.

In 19th, earning 7.1 points: LightWolf

Tia: Dance with the Devil (From Kakeguri)

I like the minor key choice for the song, it works well with the more traditional jazz you wouldn't expect that from. Singer is a little too scratchy for me.

Last edited:
In 18th, earning 7.2 points: Blazade

Vince DiCola: Kickback V2 (From Transformers Devastation)

Good sounding power metal doesn't usually score less than a 7. This certainly doesn't push boundaries, but it sounds nice as hell.

Last edited:
In 17th, earning 7.4 points: Yeti

Duran Duran: A View to Kill (From View to a Kill)

Definitely an upper echelon Bond theme. The buildup in the verses is so good, but it doesn't really pay off in the chorus. I like Simon's control over his tone as he escalates.

Last edited:
In 16th, earning 7.5 points: Walrein

The Pillows: I Think I Can (From FLCL)

tricot meets Red Hot Chili Peppers but worse? I liked the Spanish style guitars at the beginning and thought it was gonna be the whole song, disappointing. Why did they record the whole music video sideways? So many questions. Still a jam overall.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)