SM UU Latias uu team

Hi, I’ve been working on this team since late ORAS. I wanted to make a team that used Latias as more then a simple support, while avoiding her mega form since I don’t really like mega Lati that much. To that end is this team.

Latias @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpD / 156 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe

- Reflect Type

- Recover

- Ice Beam

- Thunderbolt

Latias is the star of the show. Since this team is based on her it that is the main reason for choosing the pokemon. I originally was using a wish protect duel stab set (psyshock/draco meteor) however I wanted to make this team more focused on Latias as a fighter verse a support role. I saw this set and tried it out and it worked well for my purpose with this team. The game plan of this set is to come in late game (<=3 pokemon left) and reflect type a type your opponent will have trouble defeating. Since Latias retains the ability of levitate electric is an excellent choice. That is the ‘defensive sweep’ of this team. It’s not cosmic defence Clefairy but it will do. Boltbeam is their for good coverage and recover makes her difficult to take down. She may not take down more bulky mons in one hit but she will be challenging to take down herself. The EVs are designed to give Latias good survivability from special attacks with enough speed to out speed a decent portion of the metagame, allowing for it to reflect type before the opponent’s can attack.

Scizor @ Leftovers

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Impish Nature

- Defog

- Roost

- U-turn

- Bullet Punch

Scizor is almost a perfect complement to Latias, tanking the fairy, ice and dark hits that Latias doesn’t like and letting her take the fire attacks. As well they make a nice pair physical/special walls. Scizor is designed to be a bulky defoger and a decent pivot with u-turn. Roost is there for recovery and technician boosted bullet punch is there for a decent priory move that demolishes ice and fairy types. The stats prioritize survivability over offensive power.

Machamp @ Assault Vest

Ability: No Guard

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD

Adamant Nature

- Stone Edge

- Knock Off

- Dynamic Punch

• Bullet Punch
I choose Machamp because I needed some offensive power to target dark and steel pokemon. AV NG Machamp is my fighting type of choice. The set allows it to survive a psychic and hit back with a knock off. Bullet punch is there to counteract the low speed and threaten fairy types. Stone edge can hit flying types on switch in. Dynamic punch should be the attack of choice, allowing Machamp to force even a good switch in into a confused state.

Primarina @ Assault Vest

Ability: Torrent

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Modest Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Moonblast

- Hydro Pump

- Energy Ball

- Psychic

Primarina was put on the team when I switched it over to SM. Primarina completes a Dragon-fairy-steel team and is a great mon to use with Scizor and Latias. I choose to use an assult vest agian because the moveset would overlap with a choice specs set which, during the alpha period, was very common. Duel stabs of water and fairy attacks with hydro pump being used for extra damage over scald or surf. Energy ball is used specifically beat over Primarina, such as choice specs. Psychic is used over ice beam because I have two ice attack users already.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk/ 184 Def

Impish Nature

- Roost

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Facade

Gliscor is my stealth rocker and works well with Scizor to stop most physical attacks from destroying the special side of things. The set is a basic Glliscor set using eq and facade to create offensive pressure, roost for extra recovery (supporting the double leftovers/poison heal. I like recovery) to make this pokemon virtually immortal besides ice attacks which Scizor and Primarina handle with ease. This is the closest this team has to a first starting role.

Sneasel @ Life Orb

Ability: Inner Focus

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Ice Shard

- Poison Jab

- Knock Off

- Icicle Crash

Sneasel is one pokemon I just slapped will nilly on the team and I play it almost as randomly. I wanted to use Weavile but it’s in OU so I improvise, using Sneasel instead. It is my revenge killer and a strong physical attack as well as the closest this team has to a offensive sweeper. Ice shard is there for priority, knock off/ Icicle crush is a nice duel stab and poison jab is a nice coverage move to snipe fairies off. Life orb is necessary to have decent pressure and although banded is better at that this pokemon needs to switch moves.

If you are a Latias fan then hopefully you’ll enjoy playing this team. It’s a fun bulky offence team. It requires making good predictions and needs more remaining pokemon to win but it is fun to play. It’s not the most powerful team and it’s far from perfect but it is perfect for what it sets out to do: Let Latias win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)