International Challenge April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pure speculation, but Salazzle might work. Access to Fake Out, Fire STAB, and a higher speed tier gives it the edge in most situations, and it can run Taunt or Encore for more lead utility (although it has trouble fitting all the moves it wants in one set). From what I seen, Focus Sash sets are the most common due to its low bulk.
Ya but I kinda need focus sash for my garchomp because it counters all the things most of my team is weak too without being OHKOed.
I like that idea though, but can't Kartana outspeed it? I might replace Tapu Koko with Celesteela as it can counter most of my weaknesses and wall opponents (And give me immunity to ground type moves). Do you think that'll be a good idea?
Celesteela will have Flamethrower, Heavy Slam, Protect, and leech seed with 210 Hp/44 Atk/128 Def/ 128 SpD

Ya but I kinda need focus sash for my garchomp because it counters all the things most of my team is weak too without being OHKOed.
I like that idea though, but can't Kartana outspeed it? I might replace Tapu Koko with Celesteela as it can counter most of my weaknesses and wall opponents (And give me immunity to ground type moves). Do you think that'll be a good idea?
Celesteela will have Flamethrower, Heavy Slam, Protect, and leech seed with 210 Hp/44 Atk/128 Def/ 128 SpD
Salazzle has 117 base speed. Kartans has 109.

Salazzle has 117 base speed. Kartans has 109.
But Kartanas run focus sash and choice scarfs, and I'm pretty sure it OHKOs Salazzle with a Sacred Sword. It's still worth a shot though.

I like this set but I want an item other than Focus sash, any ideas:
Fake Out
Flamethrower
Sludge Bomb
Protect
Item:
Focus Sash
Ability:
Oblivious

Nature:
Timid

EVs:
252 SpA /
4 SpD /
252 Spe

Last edited:
But Kartanas run focus sash and choice scarfs, and I'm pretty sure it OHKOs Salazzle with a Sacred Sword. It's still worth a shot though. What's a good ability for it?
Choice scarf isn't the most common item but it is someting you'd have to consider. Fake out gives you valuable info on the set kartana's running. Protect let's you know it's either sash or scope lens.
Salazzle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
– Overheat/Flamethrower/Fire Blast
– Sludge Bomb
– Fake Out
– Encore/Protect/Taunt/Will-O-Wisp/Disable
Disable lets you win the 1 v 1, flamethrower is enough to ohko assault vest variants. Just some thoughts. Doubles format there's going to be more moving parts to keep you on your toes but I'm glad you're considering it.

Choice scarf isn't the most common item but it is someting you'd have to consider. Fake out gives you valuable info on the set kartana's running. Protect let's you know it's either sash or scope lens.
Salazzle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Timid Nature
– Overheat/Flamethrower/Fire Blast
– Sludge Bomb
– Fake Out
– Encore/Protect/Taunt/Will-O-Wisp/Disable
Disable lets you win the 1 v 1, flamethrower is enough to ohko assault vest variants. Just some thoughts. Doubles format there's going to be more moving parts to keep you on your toes but I'm glad you're considering it.
Ya, I considered disable over protect but protect just seems like it'll keep my opponent busy longer and I really want to keep my focus sash on my Garchomp, can you think of an alternative item Salazzle can use? (I thought of a Z-move or Air Balloon)

Ya, I considered disable over protect but protect just seems like it'll keep my opponent busy longer and I really want to keep my focus sash on my Garchomp, can you think of an alternative item Salazzle can use? (I thought of a Z-move or Air Balloon)
Either seem like good enough options to test beforehand. I would also suggest trying different options on your Garchomp as well. I personally like groundium z on garchomp, but in a best of one format especially, you should go with whatever you're more comfortable with. People will be running off the wall sets and the reason I'd run sash on sallazle is because you'd want to be able to conserve it long enough to get rid of kartana. Alternatively you could run Arcanine.
Arcanine @ Mago Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 220 HP / 12 Def / 164 SpA / 52 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Snarl
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Protect
It picks up the 2hko after lefties recovery on celesteela and gives you a counter to trickroom.

Hey everybody!

So, I'd really like to enter this competition but I have no experience whatsoever with doubles. I'm thinking of a Ninetales-Alola + Sandslash-Alola core which seems pretty strong on paper barring its glaring weakness to Fire-types, specially Arcanine which I know is pretty popular in this format. I actually tried my hand on Showdown and got some pretty mild results but couldn't really climb the ladder, so I'd like to ask: is that duo any viable at all? If so, which pokemon would be good teammates?

If that doesn't work then I guess I'll have to grab some sample teams from the forums and wing with it :T

Hey everybody!

So, I'd really like to enter this competition but I have no experience whatsoever with doubles. I'm thinking of a Ninetales-Alola + Sandslash-Alola core which seems pretty strong on paper barring its glaring weakness to Fire-types, specially Arcanine which I know is pretty popular in this format. I actually tried my hand on Showdown and got some pretty mild results but couldn't really climb the ladder, so I'd like to ask: is that duo any viable at all? If so, which pokemon would be good teammates?

If that doesn't work then I guess I'll have to grab some sample teams from the forums and wing with it :T

I also tested Ninetales-A + Sandslash-A a few weeks ago and its actually not so strong, both Pokémon have a 4× weakness and Celesteela can OHKO both with Heavy Slam and Flamethrower, but if you're searching good teammates i would say a bulky water type like Tapu Fini because it can switch-in on Steel and Fire moves easily.

Hey everybody!

A Pokémon that can counter TR is also recommended, such as Snorlax. Dragon types like Garchomp and Goodra are also useful, with the former dealing with sand, while the latter with sun.

Either seem like good enough options to test beforehand. I would also suggest trying different options on your Garchomp as well. I personally like groundium z on garchomp, but in a best of one format especially, you should go with whatever you're more comfortable with. People will be running off the wall sets and the reason I'd run sash on sallazle is because you'd want to be able to conserve it long enough to get rid of kartana. Alternatively you could run Arcanine.
Arcanine @ Mago Berry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 220 HP / 12 Def / 164 SpA / 52 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Snarl
- Flamethrower
- Roar
- Protect
It picks up the 2hko after lefties recovery on celesteela and gives you a counter to trickroom.
I've considered using the Z-crystal for garchomp but then I can get OHKOed by Ninetails and I like focus sash because it can surprise my opponent and give me a free turn of damage on them. I tried running a Garchomp Salazzle lead with Air balloon and it worked out pretty good. I still have huge trouble with Trick room and tailwind users though, and I considered using Arcanine as my fire type, I haven't tested it with my team yet and I replaced Kartana and Marowak with Celesteela and Salazzle respectivley. (Celesteela gives me the bulk my team needed and Salazzle has support options as well as the ability to 1-2 HKO all the Tapu's) Also how does Arcanine counter trick room?

I also want to rethink my Tapu fini as it's not fulfilling it's role of being my main water type/taunter well. I think I should get rid of the speed EVS and put them into defences and give it muddy water in place of brine. I can go either way with deleting it's Z-move for another though. Any thoughts

I'm so stuck on what team I want to use, I have three that have been working out pretty well but I feel like I need a lot more testing to see which one I want to use.
Right now I'm laddering on battle spot with this:

Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Aurora Veil
- Protect

Arcanine @ Firium Z
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 55
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Pound

Braviary @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Brave Bird
- Superpower
- Protect

Metagross @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

Goodra (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 52 SpA / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

Probably gonna change draco to dragon pulse and give goodra a bit more sp atk to ko things like porygon2 after a z-move.
I haven't fought anything threatening to this team just yet, but I theorymon that double duck will be a problem since goodra is my only answer(albeit a really good one). I would like to add a bulky water in here but I love the team composition so far. Braviary seems like the most likely thing to take out but it has put in so much work that I don't wanna.

Hey everybody!

I think it's best not to try sandslash, hail is a tough weather war to win and it can be walled fairly easily. Arcanine isn't even its biggest problem since groundium z sandslash can take care of it, i think celesteela is, so try countering that. Arcanine is such a good partner for hail since it can take on those steels, as well as being amazing in this format(there's a reason why it's the number one most used on battle spot). You can use the pgl website to find common partners for sandslash, interestingly enough Vanilluxe is actually paired with it more than Ninetales, but one that I agree with the most is goodra at number 10 since it destroys sun and rain, your most difficult match ups, leaving only sand as a threat.

I've considered using the Z-crystal for garchomp but then I can get OHKOed by Ninetails and I like focus sash because it can surprise my opponent and give me a free turn of damage on them. I tried running a Garchomp Salazzle lead with Air balloon and it worked out pretty good. I still have huge trouble with Trick room and tailwind users though, and I considered using Arcanine as my fire type, I haven't tested it with my team yet and I replaced Kartana and Marowak with Celesteela and Salazzle respectivley. (Celesteela gives me the bulk my team needed and Salazzle has support options as well as the ability to 1-2 HKO all the Tapu's) Also how does Arcanine counter trick room?

I also want to rethink my Tapu fini as it's not fulfilling it's role of being my main water type/taunter well. I think I should get rid of the speed EVS and put them into defences and give it muddy water in place of brine. I can go either way with deleting it's Z-move for another though. Any thoughts
Roar stops every trick room user in the format where as other options like fake out, taunt, etc will not stop a dedicated trick room team. This doesn't improve the tailwind match up any, but I have a bulky support arcanine on pretty much every team for that reason.

Roar stops every trick room user in the format where as other options like fake out, taunt, etc will not stop a dedicated trick room team. This doesn't improve the tailwind match up any, but I have a bulky support arcanine on pretty much every team for that reason.
I see. So what do you think would be a good arcanine set for what I have: (A Bold Arcanine with Burn Up) I want to keep Burn Up as a defense option if I can and I'd prefer running a ExtremeSpeed, BurnUp(or another fire type move), Roar, WildCharge/Protect moveset (More of a support set)

Here's my idea for a bulky offense team based around alolan ninetale's Aurora Veil. The idea being to survive long enough to stall tailwind turns or putting enough offensive pressure through predictions for a decidedly consistent team. Unfortunately, I don't feel this team manages to put off enough pressure to be as effective as I'd like. Namely the Arcanine and gastrodon. Both are quickly neutered by snarl. Some input would be greatly appreciated.

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
– Flamethrower
– Will-O-Wisp
– Roar
– Snarl

Damage Calcs:

Offensive:

0 SpA Arcanine Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celesteela: 102-122 (50 – 59.8%) — 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Defensive:

252 SpA Salamence Devastating Drake (195 BP) vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Arcanine: 163-193 (82.7 – 97.9%) — guaranteed 2HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery

-1 252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 188 Def Arcanine: 138-164 (70 – 83.2%) — guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 188 Def Arcanine: 84-98 (42.6 – 49.7%) — guaranteed 3HKO

Notes:

Emphasis is placed on defensive calcs, as survival, no matter how slight, is drastically more important when using an Aguav Berry set.

Importable:

Gastrodon @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
– Scald
– Ice Beam/Hidden Power [Ground]/Protect
– Toxic
– Recover

Damage Calcs:

Offensive:

0 SpA Gastrodon Scald vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine: 102-122 (51.7 – 61.9%) — guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Gastrodon Scald vs. 252 HP / 68 SpD Marowak-Alola: 96-114 (57.4 – 68.2%) — guaranteed 2HKO

Defensive:

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 172+ SpD Gastrodon in Psychic Terrain: 114-135 (52.2 – 61.9%) — guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. +1 252 HP / 172+ SpD Gastrodon in Psychic Terrain: 76-90 (34.8 – 41.2%) — guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Tectonic Rage (180 BP) vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Gastrodon: 186-220 (85.3 – 100.9%) — 6.3% chance to OHKO

Notes:

Even HP stat maximises health regained from Recover. EVd to survive Garchomp’s Earthquake-z-move, and to survive 2 Psychics from Tapu Lele with the help of Maranga Berry.

Mudsdale @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
– High Horsepower
– Earthquake
– Heavy Slam
– Close Combat/Rock Slide

Damage Calcs:

Offensive:

252+ Atk Mudsdale High Horsepower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Alolan Marowak: 158-188 (94.6 – 112.5%) — 75% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Mudsdale Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 182-216 (102.8 – 122%) — guaranteed OHKO

Defensive:

60+ SpA Milotic Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Mudsdale: 80-96 (38.6 – 46.3%) — guaranteed 3HKO

Notes:

Assault Vest compromises for Mudsdale’s poor special defence. The even special defence stat ensures that Assault Vest provides a larger boost.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay/Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 28 Def / 212 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
– Blizzard/Freeze Dry
– Icy Wind
– Aurora Veil
– Protect/Encore

Damage Calcs:

Offensive:

212 SpA Alolan Ninetales Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 102-122 (57.6 – 68.9%) — guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage and Grassy Terrain recovery

212 SpA Alolan Ninetales Blizzard vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 132-156 (77.1 – 91.2%) — guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Defensive:

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 4 HP / 12 SpD Alolan Ninetales in Psychic Terrain: 126-148 (84.5 – 99.3%) — guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tapu Koko Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 28 Def Alolan Ninetales in Electric Terrain: 129-153 (86.5 – 102.6%) — 12.5% chance to OHKO

Notes:

Light Clay is used to extend Aurora Veil from 5 turns to 8 turns. Focus Sash can be used if Pokémon that outspeed and KO Ninetales, such as Salazzle or physical Life Orb Tapu Koko become commonplace. Enough defence to survive unboosted Tapu Koko Wild Charge, enough special defence to survive modest Tapu Lele Psychic.

Importable:

Muk-Alola @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 244 Atk / 44 Def / 20 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
– Poison Jab
– Knock Off
– Curse
– Protect

Damage Calcs:

Offensive:

244+ Atk Muk-Alola Poison Jab vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 150-176 (102.7 – 120.5%) — guaranteed OHKO

244+ Atk Muk-Alola Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 51-61 (25 – 29.9%) — guaranteed 4HKO

Defensive:

252+ Atk Gyarados Hydro Vortex (160 BP) vs. 188 HP / 44 Def Muk-Alola: 174-205 (85.2 – 100.4%) — 6.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 188 HP / 20 SpD Muk-Alola: 87-103 (42.6 – 50.4%) — 1.6% chance to 2HKO, 0.3% chance to 3HKO after Gluttony Figy Berry recovery

252+ SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 188 HP / 20 SpD Muk-Alola: 113-134 (55.3 – 65.6%) — guaranteed 3HKO after Gluttony Figy Berry recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Torkoal Eruption (150 BP) vs. 188 HP / 20 SpD Muk-Alola in Sun: 172-204 (84.3 – 100%) — 6.3% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Charcoal Torkoal Heat Wave vs. 188 HP / 20 SpD Muk-Alola in Sun: 88-105 (43.1 – 51.4%) — 5.9% chance to 2HKO, 2.1% chance to 3HKO after Gluttony Figy Berry recovery

252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 188 HP / 44 Def Muk-Alola: 127-151 (62.2 – 74%) — guaranteed 3HKO after Gluttony Figy Berry recovery

252+ Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Bonemerang (2 hits) vs. 188 HP / 44 Def Muk-Alola: 220-260 (107.8 – 127.4%) — guarantee

Importable:

Tapu Bulu @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
– Wood Hammer
– Horn Leech
– Substitute/Disable/Superpower
– Protect

Damage Calcs:

Offensive:

116+ Atk Miracle Seed Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele in Grassy Terrain: 229-271 (129.3 – 153.1%) — guaranteed OHKO

116+ Atk Miracle Seed Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 252 HP / 68 Def Milotic in Grassy Terrain: 258-306 (127.7 – 151.4%) — guaranteed OHKO

-1 116+ Atk Miracle Seed Tapu Bulu Horn Leech vs. 36 HP / 0 Def Krookodile in Grassy Terrain: 186-218 (106.2 – 124.5%) — guaranteed OHKO

116+ Atk Miracle Seed Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 141-166 (97.2 – 114.4%) — 81.3% chance to OHKO

Defensive:

252+ Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 140 Def Tapu Bulu: 150-176 (85.2 – 100%) — 6.3% chance to OHKO

Notes:

Coverage moves are largely unnecessary due to the power of STAB grass-type moves in grassy terrain, particularly with the use of Miracle Seed. HP stat optimises grassy terrain recovery, defence EVs ensure it survives a Heavy Slam from max attack Celesteela 15/16 times.

I see. So what do you think would be a good arcanine set for what I have: (A Bold Arcanine with Burn Up) I want to keep Burn Up as a defense option if I can and I'd prefer running a ExtremeSpeed, BurnUp(or another fire type move), Roar, WildCharge/Protect moveset (More of a support set)
I personally dislike losing my fire, steel, and fairy resist so I haven't got any advice for burn up other than it being a more powerful option over flamethrower sans recoil. Another supportive option you might consider is helping hand (though hardly a compulsory move). You might check out the arcanine set I just posted. Sitrus can be used over aguav and 220 ev's in satk (I believe) is a 2hko on every celesteela I've ever come across after lefties recovery.

I personally dislike losing my fire, steel, and fairy resist so I haven't got any advice for burn up other than it being a more powerful option over flamethrower sans recoil. Another supportive option you might consider is helping hand (though hardly a compulsory move). You might check out the arcanine set I just posted. Sitrus can be used over aguav and 220 ev's in satk (I believe) is a 2hko on every celesteela I've ever come across after lefties recovery.
I really like this set but for me I'd reverse the defense Evs and replace snarl with Extreme Speed:
Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Bold Nature
– Flamethrower
– Will-O-Wisp
– Roar
– Extreme Speed

I may replace my Salazzle with it if it works better.

By the way do you know of any good Tapu Fini and Lele checks (Excluding Kartana). At best My Salazzle 2HKOs Tapu fini

I really like this set but for me I'd reverse the defense Evs and replace snarl with Extreme Speed:
Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
Bold Nature
– Flamethrower
– Will-O-Wisp
– Roar
– Extreme Speed

I may replace my Salazzle with it if it works better.

By the way do you know of any good Tapu Fini and Lele checks (Excluding Kartana). At best My Salazzle 2HKOs Tapu fini
Hmm, tapu bulu ohkos both if I'm not mistaken. Alolan muk shuts tapu lele down. It's also important to take note of what usually sits beside these pokes. Lele drifblim and fini drifblim have both risen in popularity. Next to lele, drifblim shuts down both of these pokes with Will-O-Wisp. Next to fini, your matchup is would actually be pretty good. I really don't play enough of the meta to offer much more advice than that.

Hmm, tapu bulu ohkos both if I'm not mistaken. Alolan muk shuts tapu lele down. It's also important to take note of what usually sits beside these pokes. Lele drifblim and fini drifblim have both risen in popularity. Next to lele, drifblim shuts down both of these pokes with Will-O-Wisp. Next to fini, your matchup is would actually be pretty good. I really don't play enough of the meta to offer much more advice than that.
I like the Tapu Bulu set you gave I may have to try it out myself. Thanks.

Okay my team has changed drastically to counter the meta. Arcanine has been a huge help. Tapu Bulu became a hinderance. Celesteela is my needed bulk. Garchomp now has It's HA and I gave it Dragonium Z because I was stuck for an item and Pheromosa it's just me testing it out. So far it's an even choice of keep or replace. Tapu Fini has more SpD now and muddy water and it really needs a different item but I can't think of any. I really need someone to evaluate this newer version.

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
Bold Nature
– Flamethrower
– Snarl
– Roar
– Extreme Speed

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 210 HP/ 44 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
– Protect
– Flamethrower
– Leeach Seed
– Heavy Slam

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam
- HP Ice

Tapu Fini @ Tapunium z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Dazzling Gleam
- Muddy Water

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab

(I forgot my ev's on pheromosa but atk is maxed out and is one point higher than speed and the rest are in spA sorry)
Pheromosa @ Focus Sah

Adamant Nature
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Protect

Okay my team has changed drastically to counter the meta. Arcanine has been a huge help. Tapu Bulu became a hinderance. Celesteela is my needed bulk. Garchomp now has It's HA and I gave it Dragonium Z because I was stuck for an item and Pheromosa it's just me testing it out. So far it's an even choice of keep or replace. Tapu Fini has more SpD now and muddy water and it really needs a different item but I can't think of any. I really need someone to evaluate this newer version.

Arcanine @ Aguav Berry
Bold Nature
– Flamethrower
– Snarl
– Roar
– Extreme Speed

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 210 HP/ 44 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
– Protect
– Flamethrower
– Leeach Seed
– Heavy Slam

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Discharge
- Dazzling Gleam
- HP Ice

Tapu Fini @ Tapunium z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Dazzling Gleam
- Muddy Water

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Poison Jab

(I forgot my ev's on pheromosa but atk is maxed out and is one point higher than speed and the rest are in spA sorry)
Pheromosa @ Focus Sah

Adamant Nature
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Protect
I would recommend an impish nature with Arcanine with flare blitz over flamethrower, simply because flamethrower doesn't deal too much damage.

I really need the special attack support and i can't afford to take recoil with it. Arcanine is really just there for support.
It still would be, it just wouldn't be as passive. You could keep snarl on this set for example. I'm not sold on flare blitz with aguav berry myself, but it can proc it when Arcanine's health is dangerously low and it should be easier to pick up the 2hko on opposing celesteela with flare blitz than with flamethrower. His reasoning is sound. I think you should hear him out.
Even then, small tweak that you may or may not want to do out of preference. The team looks pretty solid to me.

I am gonna use these 6 Pokémon:

-Arcanine

-Kartana

-Gyarados

-Tapu Koko

-Garchomp

-Alolan Ninetales

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Detect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat

Gyarados @ Waterium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab
- Fire Fang

This Team Is Weak Against:

Normal 0
Grass 0
Fire 2
Water 1
Fighting 1
Flying 0
Poison 2
Ground 2
Rock 3
Bug 0
Ghost 0
Electric 1
Psychic 0
Ice 1
Dragon 1
Dark 0
Steel 1
Fairy 1

This Team Is Immune To:

Normal 0
Grass 0
Fire 0
Water 0
Fighting 0
Flying 0
Poison1
Ground 1
Rock 0
Bug 0
Ghost 0
Electric 1
Psychic 0
Ice 0
Dragon2
Dark 0
Steel 0
Fairy 0

This Team Resists:

Normal 1
Grass 2
Fire 3
Water 2
Fighting 2
Flying 1
Poison 1
Ground 0
Rock 2
Bug 4
Ghost 0
Electric 2
Psychic 1
Ice 2
Dragon 1
Dark 2
Steel 3
Fairy 2

I am gonna use these 6 Pokémon:

-Arcanine

-Kartana

-Gyarados

-Tapu Koko

-Garchomp

-Alolan Ninetales

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Detect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil

Arcanine @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat

Gyarados @ Waterium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab
- Fire Fang

This Team Is Weak Against:

Normal 0
Grass 0
Fire 2
Water 1
Fighting 1
Flying 0
Poison 2
Ground 2
Rock 3
Bug 0
Ghost 0
Electric 1
Psychic 0
Ice 1
Dragon 1
Dark 0
Steel 1
Fairy 1

This Team Is Immune To:

Normal 0
Grass 0
Fire 0
Water 0
Fighting 0
Flying 0
Poison1
Ground 1
Rock 0
Bug 0
Ghost 0
Electric 1
Psychic 0
Ice 0
Dragon2
Dark 0
Steel 0
Fairy 0

This Team Resists:

Normal 1
Grass 2
Fire 3
Water 2
Fighting 2
Flying 1
Poison 1
Ground 0
Rock 2
Bug 4
Ghost 0
Electric 2
Psychic 1
Ice 2
Dragon 1
Dark 2
Steel 3
Fairy 2
I'd personally run assault vest on kartana so it can be used in hail. Everything else looks solid.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I really need the special attack support and i can't afford to take recoil with it. Arcanine is really just there for support.
Arcanine is good against opposing celesteela but only if it has flare blitz. A lot of celesteela run EVs to get a +SpD beast boost, and at +1, arcanine loses to it.

This is the main reason why people run flare blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)