Incineroar

I tried to make some analyses of hated tiger mon. [for the smogon database page]

I came up with such set;

Helping roar;

Incineroar @ Custap Berry / Chesto Berry
Ability: Blaze/Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature [+def -sp.atk]
- Fake Out
- Quash
- Flare Blitz/Darkest Lariat/Rest
- Substitute/Protect

The main goal of this set was to make incineroar the supporter in the doubles for the fast meta, with balanced bulk;
hp=393
defences= 260

he can take lot of hits, with fake out he can save us the turn, with the substitute/protect he can defend himself during switch out of his partner, or else cover himself to let the partner attack

The main strategy of this set is; making the one of the fastest/faster/dangerous opponent an treat for hits of the partner

Quash is always moving first and is forcing the target to move last, incineroar is the bulkiest* NON LEGENDARY quash user in the game [both in hp and defences] the only mon bulkier than him is slaking but because of his ability and small special defence he doesn't looks attractive enough

Custap berry is used to let the incineroar move first despite his frail speed stats, either to save the situation or to weak the foes, this is why I used blaze over intimidate, because it's going to be his last turn on the field anyway [probably] there's always option to use intimidate and darkest lariat [-atk + DR ignores defensive stats raise] I would use that option and switch out incineroar on red life to save the game later, unless there are rocks on the field to finish him off or some other disturbtions.

Set with chesto besto berry was made for quash support only

I never made posts for smogon database so I hope someone from administration will create decent article and do further analyses for me, thank you very much for your attention

edit; I said "the bulkiest" because I honestly think that even hp and defences are better balance than low hp and high defences, but if we have to be content, better quash user is kingdra, vespiqueen or slowking : D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)