Improving the Studio's Hub

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reserving the pages of Litra and Vederation
Litra:
HTML:
[title]
Litra

[head]
<link href="../stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<meta name="description" content="Smeargle's Studio: Litra" />

[page]
<h2>Who is Litra?</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Smogon Biography</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Art preferences</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Links</h2>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/forums/threads/litras-sketches-shenanigans-considering-requests.3541274/" target="_blank">My Art Thread</a></li>
</ul>

<h2 id="contribs">Contributions</h2>
<h3 class="section"><span>Smogon's Flying Press</span></h3>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/articles/stuff-i-saw-lc-ladder" target="_blank">Stuff I Saw Way Too Much of on the LC Suspect Ladder</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/fairies-in-ou" target="_blank">Fairies in OU</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/sandstorm-rages" target="_blank">Exploring Survivor</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/uu-spotlight-salamence" target="_blank">UU Spotlight: Salamence</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/1v1-guide" target="_blank">Beginner's guide to 1v1</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/physical-special-split" target="_blank">If the Physical / Special Split Never Happened</a></li>
</ul>
Vederation:
HTML:
[title]
Vederation

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Smeargle's Studio: Vederation" />

[page]
<h2>Who is Vederation?</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Art preferences</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Links</h2>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/forums/threads/Ⓥ-vederations-art-studio-Ⓥ.3549129/" target="_blank">My Art Thread</a></li>
</ul>

<h3 class="section"><span>Facebook</span></h3>
<ul>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153812851362390/" target="_blank">Pok&eacute;mon of the Week: Vigoroth</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153827925857390/" target="_blank">Pok&eacute;mon of the Week: Terrakion</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153933601182390/" target="_blank">Pok&eacute;mon of the Week: Combusken</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153974344537390/" target="_blank">Pok&eacute;mon of the Week: Latios</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153891005612390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Groudon</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153971855057390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Arcanine</a></li>
</ul>

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reserving the pages of Litra and Vederation
Litra:
HTML:
[title]
Litra

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Smeargle's Studio: Litra" />

[page]
<h2>Who is Litra?</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Art preferences</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Links</h2>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/forums/threads/litras-sketches-shenanigans-considering-requests.3541274/" target="_blank">My Art Thread</a></li>
</ul>

<h3 class="section"><span>Smogon's Flying Press</span></h3>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/articles/stuff-i-saw-lc-ladder" target="_blank">Stuff I Saw Way Too Much of on the LC Suspect Ladder</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/fairies-in-ou" target="_blank">Fairies in OU</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/sandstorm-rages" target="_blank">Exploring Survivor</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/uu-spotlight-salamence" target="_blank">UU Spotlight: Salamence</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/1v1-guide" target="_blank">Beginner's guide to 1v1</a></li>
    <li><a href="/articles/physical-special-split" target="_blank">If the Physical / Special Split Never Happened</a></li>
</ul>
Vederation:
HTML:
[title]
Vederation

[head]
<meta name="description" content="Smeargle's Studio: Vederation" />

[page]
<h2>Who is Vederation?</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Art preferences</h2>
<p>Coming soon.</p>

<h2>Links</h2>
<ul>
    <li><a href="/forums/threads/Ⓥ-vederations-art-studio-Ⓥ.3549129/" target="_blank">My Art Thread</a></li>
</ul>

<h3 class="section"><span>Facebook</span></h3>
<ul>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153812851362390/" target="_blank">Pok&eacute;mon of the Week: Vigoroth</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153827925857390/" target="_blank">Pok&eacute;mon of the Week: Terrakion</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153933601182390/" target="_blank">Pok&eacute;mon of the Week: Combusken</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153974344537390/" target="_blank">Pok&eacute;mon of the Week: Latios</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153891005612390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Groudon</a></li>
    <li><a href="https://www.facebook.com/SmogonU/photos/a.10150903536667390.440895.219134492389/10153971855057390/" target="_blank">Giveaway of the Week: Arcanine</a></li>
</ul>
gotchuuu
Litra Vederation feel free to submit art / stuff for your profiles :)
litra's
vederation's

Litra

Desire Sensor's favorite plaything
is an Artist Alumnus
Fyi, the Sandstorm in OU illustraion is titled "Exploring Survivor" in the links to my stuff. Speaking of stuff, let me see what I can add to my profile in the meantime.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hello! I updated this with Facebook art to the best of my knowledge
if you see something is not updated follow the format I created (that Snobalt basically posted here). always use target="_blank"
if it's not original Artwork, do NOT list it. what does this mean?
lets take a look at this POTW piece made by Magistrum for example. he didn't make it for the Facebook page, it was originally created for this article of The Smog and probably reused due to the lack of original Artwork.
non-original Artwork usually isn't credited at the bottom of the post, but be careful; sometimes when the post is uploaded, it doesn't include the Artist even if it's OG. what I recommend doing, is doing a right click on the image > Search on Google for this image, and see if it's anywhere on Smogon (slash, Smeargle's Studio Art for Facebook, etc)

anyway, thanks to everyone that has been helping out with this project!! the pages look lovely, though empty :( so badged artists, please submit the artwork / paragraphs you want to include in your profile

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
home sick so I'm gonna try writing some stuff

For the Gen V Frontpage Icons

"Many members of Smogon are very anxious for me to get the site launched, and I don't want to do it without some spiffy new art. So, I'm coming to Smeargle's Studio, where talented artists abound!" - DougJustDoug

After the dust had settled from Pokemon Black and White's introduction to the main series, Smogon's main tiers had not only changed when it comes to what strategies were successful, but a whole slew of new mons had also made their impact on the current metagames. So in order to reflect that, new frontpage icons where needed to show that a new age had dawned upon competitive Pokemon battling, where the new Pokemon in question were chosen from OverUsed rankings.

The mission was simple: Draw three Pokemon that well represents Gen V, along with a list of additional requirements, which can be read in their entirety in <a href="/forums/threads/101838/">the original thread</a>.

• They must all be 5th generation pokemon.
  • The pokemon should exhibit a general color theme of red, blue, and yellow/green.
  • The three pokemon need to be "good competitive pokemon".
  • Three pieces of colored lineart, each of a single pose of a single pokemon on a white background.
  • It must be a digital rendering or a scan of a traditional drawing.
  • It must be an original artwork by the person making the submission.

Plenty of the studio's regulars contributed with colorful contributions, although various new faces decided to come out of hiding to share their skills as well. The complete submissions were then voted on in a public poll, and the results were concluded 4 days later. Below you can find the top 9 entries.

1st place - Chou Toshio

2nd place - KingofAnime (Koa)

3rd place - icepick

4th place - Swaggersaurus

5th place - Kevin Garrett

6th place - kennethcp

7th place - fatecrashers

8th place - strangeways

9th place - naraku301

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
did another one, for Gen VI Frontpage Icons contest

With the advent of Pokemon X and Y, various new Pokemon species and mega forms were unleashed into Smogon's tiers, thus leaving their mark on the metagames. It also meant that the images on Smogon's frontpage were in need of a fixer upper to reflect all the changes, and thus the attention was once again directed towards the artists of Smeargle's Studio.

The mission was, once again: Three images featuring prominent Pokémon and Mega Evolutions introduced during XY and ORAS.

In addition, the artwork would need to fulfill other requirements, which can be read in full <a href="/forums/threads/3541899/">in the original thread. And since Smogon is first and foremost a competitive website, the drawn Pokemon were restricted to the following species: Talonflame, Sylveon, Diggersby, Dragalge, Klefki, Hawlucha, and Chesnaught for regular species, and Charizard X & Y, Venusaur, Altaria, Metagross, Gardevoir, Gyarados, Lopunny, Sableye, Diancie, Scizor, Manectric, Medicham, Heracross, Gallade, Pinsir, and Slowbro for mega species.

Contrary to the previous contest, the final results were judged by the current Art Leader at the time, Bummer. The winning entries would each get a month rotating on the frontpage, with the winning entry then remaining there until the need for new images would arise. It was a close call, but eventually a decision had been reached. Below are the winning entries, along with the Honorable Mentions that also deserves to preserved through history.

1st place - Arkeis

"Arkeis is already quite the esteemed artist within the Smogon community, so when he decided to enter the battlefield on the contest's last few days, all bets were off. Apart from actually meeting deadline on such time, he also managed to produce three stunning images, all of them sporting a smooth lineart with pulsing colors. However, apart from Mega Gallade, the images don't show off much depth, and are instead lined up in a more horizontal manner. But with that said, the attribute that pushed Arkeis' entry over the edge onto the winning platform was the energy all three Mega Pokemon displayed, since all three are showing varying facial expressions and stances that proves they're ready to fight. So while other minor flaws made this a difficult decision, Arkeis certainly deserves the winning spot."

2nd place - Roadsama

"Roadsama was the first artist to show off some early concepts for all three entries, and while he needed more time than others to finalize them, he certainly didn't finish last. His lineart is light and elegant, while still clearly visible even when his images are shrunk down significantly. The poses of all three Mega Pokemon all follow a certain direction that guides the viewer's eyes along all their features, while also giving a clear sense of depth so that it really feels that they're emerging from their frames. However, there were some notable flaws that prevented Roadsama from emerging at the top. The colors used aren't quite as vibrant as other contestants, and while their poses are stunning, their facial expressions are rather calm, which makes for a slight disadvantage seeing as they're meant to decorate a site dedicated towards Pokemon battles. But make no mistake: Been many times where I've deemed this to be the winning entry only to have second thoughts, so the marginal has been as slim as it could be. But as there can be no ties, Roadsama ended up with a solid second place as a result, one he earned well."

3rd place - aXl

"aXl quickly got the favor of various people following the contest, and it's not difficult to see why. His Mega Diancie image, a notoriously difficult Pokemon to draw, came out quite splendidly, while his soaring Mega Altaria and charging Chesnaught makes for two stunning images as well. But while his sense for detail gives his images the edge at a higher resolution, the purpose of this contest was to create small icons for the frontpage, and at that scale, the same details don't perform as well. One could solve this by not shrinking them as much, but then you'd only get bust shots, thus missing out on other body features that makes for a stronger impression overall. And while his Diancie and Altaria were both fine specimens, his Chesnaught strayed a bit too far away from the norm with its unusual beard and oversized eyes. Some would consider these to be minor flaws, and they would be correct, because aXl's entry was practically breathing down Roadsama's neck in terms of quality, but in the end, aXl landed comfortably on a respectable third place."

4th place - Pedro Larez

"The contest clearly stated that up to three winners will be chosen, but given the high quality of our submissions, a fourth place felt to be in order when one looks at what Pedro Larez produced. In fact, Pedro brought the heat early by slamming a complete entry merely five days into the contest, featuring three Pokemon who all have shaped OU into what it is today. His lineart is simple and firm, although less smooth compared to other participants. And while one would initially find all three images to be well crafted for their final role as frontpage icons, the sad truth is that these images can only be shrunk so far before the lineart starts to buckle and become blurry, making it difficult to feature Talonflame's impressive wingspan or Metagross menacing claws. But nonetheless, Pedro's entry was assumed to be the winning submission for quite some time, and while that didn't turn out to be the case, his efforts to quickly get the contest up and running with three solid images will be recognised by having them featured on the frontpage as well."

Honorable Mentions

Trainersplash

Jeronado

ZapDraws

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Smash Bros Introductions contest, remember to also upload the supporting art to the hub page!

Spurred by the enthusiasm of brightobject, this contest was to celebrate the new updates for Super Smash Bros, one of them being Mewtwo available as a playable character through the magic of DLC. But why stop there? The artists of Smeargle's Studio were tasked to draw up their own Pokemon as fitting candidates for being part of Smash Bros' roster, and besides the allure of getting bred Pokemon and a free art request, a a free DLC code for Mewtwo was also offered for the Nintendo 3DS to the grand winner.

Check out the <a href="/forums/threads/3538316/">original thread</a> for the full ruleset, but here's the sum of it: Choose a Pokemon, and then illustrate it as part of the Smash Bros franchise, either as an introduction shot or by showing it in action. Unlike mosts contests, this one also encoured users to provide reasoning behind their choise and supporting art, thus aiming more towards immersion and being convinceable rather than just strictly focusing on art quality.

So who were the winners?

1st Place - Otter Power

Supporting Art 1 | 2

The judges really liked your use of text and overall presentation, with judge SolarisFox saying, "From my perception of the contest, showing how they could work as a battler was the most important element, and his move sheet did a pretty good job doing this. His join banner wasn't slaking either, and for that reason I think his entry best reflects what the contest was asking for.

2nd Place - TrainerSplash

Judge MiniArchitect said of his entry that it shows "the most effort put into it, especially given that they had four characters total that they drew for the image. Splash also included a good amount of support material, including a title card, alt colorings, move lists, etc. that make his the most interesting entry to me."
Supporting Art | <a href="/forums/threads/3538316/#post-6232227">Supportive Info</a>

3rd Place - Sunfished

Supportive Art 1 | 2

Judge Typhlito applauded them on how they made "the best use of the costumes involving other pokemon and even miror B. which I found to be pretty hilarious. As for the moves, she made good use of real moves in ways that make sense."

Honorable Mentions

Bummer

elcheeso

MiniArchitect, while saying that "while their images are of the highest quality of all the submissions and are each great in their own right," thought that "they could have done a bit more to elaborate upon their proposed Smash characters." Sephirona also praised "the facial expression and underlighting on heracross's face in elcheeso's piece."

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
For the Redesigns Contest, may be split up in another subsection if the below material becomes too much.

"While there are shittily designed pokemon in RBY and GSC, I - and as far as I can tell most people - feel that in general, standards have declined significantly since then. In particular, there has been a change in direction toward far too many fiddly details, such as adding stupid stripes as well as things like random tufts of hair in some really awkward places.

So the idea behind this contest is each round we pick a pokemon we feel has a strong concept, but whose design is just fucking awful. Your job is to take that concept and make something fantastic."

But with most things, certain guidelines were needed to keep things within reasonable boundaries.
  • Artists can do whatever they want with the design, as long as it maintains its typing and concept.
  • This is primarily a design contest and not about creating the most awesome piece of art. Meaning: Sketches and WIPs are accepted, but it may be held against them if a more polished entry also displays a good sense of creativity.
  • Simplicity before complexity. Personality is also nice.
While these contests didn't have any awards apart from a sense of entitlement, they were a fun event in the studio during their prime time.

Vanilluxe Redesigns

There are few people who openly defend the appearance of the Vanilluxe line, and for fairly good reason, given how it suffers from tropes such as unexplained levitation and multiple head growth. However, plenty of artists answered the call to alter their appearance, be it slight adjustments or a complete overhaul of the icecream concept. Here follow some of them, along with commentary by the host of the first round; Hipmonlee.

1st Place - Fatecrashers

Hipmonlee said:
Exactly! It's an icecream cone. If there isnt anyone around holding it, its going to fall over. And then, what you get left with is a piece of tragic nostalgia in perfectly sensible pokemon form.
And then from that, the evolution is derived perfectly. Everything is there and it all makes sense. And with the cone, that becomes a hat, and then becomes a carrot nose, you just have, a perfectly executed three way visual pun. I would ditch the hat entirely on the final evo tbh, just go with the nose. You dont need it any more.

2nd Place - Nastyjungle

Hipmonlee said:
Ok, using that colour scheme to convey the ice-creamness is such an elegant device, I love it. It lets you create something really true to the concept, while keeping it plausible and throws away the damn cone, which is a pretty awkward thing to incorporate into a pokemon design.
Then the perpetual state of meltingness is just something that tells you so much about the personality of this pokemon with just a couple of drips and a sticking out tongue. Still dont like the ice shards
3rd Place - Bummer

Hipmonlee said:
The cherry is a really nice little touch, and incorporated really tidily. Also, the turban is a truly great example of the sort of personality that can be created with such a simple device. Though, admittedly it is extremely racist to say that because someone is wearing a turban it tells you a lot about that person. It kinda feels to me like in terms of cartoon monsters this is ok. My sincerest apologies to any Sikhs reading this.
Honorable Mentions

RitterCat

Yilx

Regi Trio

The second round of the redesign contest was preceded by conflicting interests, so a poll was held to decide what to cover next. The masses demanded a re-evaluation of the Regio Trio, and Eagle4 along with a two other judges was the ones to grade each entry. The results can be seen below, along with commentary by Eagle4.

1st place - Doran Dragon

Eagle4 said:
These guys are wonderful. Each has it's own features, yet keeps true to the theme, which I find excellent. I like your use of contrasting colours; it makes the original Regis look dull in comparison. I do agree with Kevin that the torso of your Registeel looks a little odd, but that's just a slight nitpick in an otherwise fantastic entry.
2nd Place - Bummer

Eagle4 said:
You've chosen a great theme to base your Regis on, as it still relates to the original. golem-esque theme. I love each and (almost) every detail of your pokemon, ranging from the differing helmets, to the impressive and well-chosen claws, these are all well thought-out. I am especially fond of Regice's shoulder armour, but I see the legs a little too thin; I don't see how it could hold the upperbody's weight. I do think however, that these pokemon are in desperate need of a secondary colour; they look great, accomplished and... plain.
3rd Place - elcheeso

Eagle4 said:
Whilst this contest is mainly focused on concept, it's hard not to notice the structure of these designs; they seem awkward and unnatural. The concept itself is very hard to pull off, and even then it doesn't really relate to the original concept. I have to say though, I love your Regirock. It's stance imposing and very accomplished, and overall it looks the most finished out of your designs. Your Regice looks a little goofy and generally less impressive than the other two. Your Registeel honestly doesn't look steel-type to me, I would've replaced those black horns with metallic ones. Your red markings doesn't really work in my opinion, but I like the idea of the eyes.
Honorable Mention - Mastadi

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Secret Santa 2010

The first ever Secret Santa held in Smeargle's Studio was hosted by CyzirVisheen, where a total of 36 people participated in the event, talented regulars and inexperienced newcomers alike. With sign-ups being open for 8 days, and each artist getting another two weeks to fulfill their side of the bargain, the gifts were then revealed each following day.

At the time of writing this, the image hosts used in the original thread have sadly failed for several of the gifts, so the image saved below are thus only a fraction of the received submissions. However, there were still plenty of notable pictures hanging on during the excavation, where each image is accompanied by the artists involved and the request description.

<a href="/forums/threads/82486/">Original thread can be found here.</a>

To: aXl
"Any Pokemon vs. Wooper with Wooper shocking the opponent with its ability to break the laws of physics."

To: RitterCat
Ononusko looking real happy with medals and stuff on a podium with Crimgan in the bachground looking sad

To: Chou Toshio
Picture of Groundon (jimbo) faced with a massive parasect.

To: Dracoyoshi8
I would like a cute Ekans for Christmas :3

To: DragonBreath
From badalcristiano
some loudreds/explouds dressed as gangsta rappers on a streetcorner with a boombox.

To: Mektar
A shiny Genosect using Giga Drill Break

To: makiri
A Smeargle drawing an Ampharos

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Secret Santa 2011

Building upon the successful turnout from last year, Secret Santa returned to the studio with Nastyjungle at the wheels, and the rest of the forum was eager to join the fun. The event began November 10th, sign-ups ended Nov 18th, and from December 12th onwards, the gifts were revealed for everyone to see and rejoice. Over 40 people participated, and regrettably, we cannot feature them all, so below you'll find some of the best or most creative drawings this festive event brought about!

<a href="/forums/threads/3457564/">Original thread is found here.</a>

To: SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET
I would like to request a sentret smoking a pipe in his den. If that's too complex for whoever, he can just be smoking a pipe!

To: Xaqwais
Hello I want a shiny Shroomish smoking a pipe that would be brilliant yeap.

To: reyscarface
santa id like the MOST BADASS ABSOL EVER

To: TEA_DEMON
my wish is for a zombie mawile to be eating the brains of a wizard swadloon. or attempting to, either or.

To: Rodumb
a hariyama laughing at some ethiopian children
Note: This infamous pic is now the reason why the requests nowadays are under heavier scrutiny.

To: Casteel
As for my request, anything Slaking will do.

To: Vader
My request is a drill-forme rotom wearing kamina glasses

To: Tortferngatr
I wish to have a picture of Grass-type Pokemon (that MUST include Ferrothorn!) defending a lawn against zombies, in the style ofthisgame.

To: Rittercat
I would like someone to draw me a cute purugly with a Santa hat

To: CyzirVisheen
Metagross enjoying a cup of tea, monocle and top hat optional

To: Nastyjungle
i'd like a venusaur chillin

To: LevitatingLamprey
I think I'll take a Lilligant and a Grumpig picnicking~

To: Pravinoz
A holiday Typhlosion

To: Albinoloon
Sollux Captor brofisting a drifloon

To: chocolate-kipp
a rotom in a christmas hat

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Secret Santa 2012

Another year had come and gone, and the christmas spirit possessed Fatecrashers to become the host of Secret Santa that year. The rules were the same, but the participants werre not, and so they scrambled to enter and scrambled again to complete their entries before deadline. This year, only 20 people participated, but that only made for an overall greater art haul, where the most memorable entries are preserved below.

<a href="/forums/threads/3474722/">Original thread can be found here.</a>

To: bluehoundoom
Scrafty riding on a Hydreigon

To: macle
I would like toxicroak, politoad, and seismtoad hanging out around the pond
Note: An infamous pic that <a href="http://yilx.deviantart.com/art/Disgruntletoad-350845634">even received fanart.</a>

To: ThatsMyLatios
I want somebody to draw me a latios wearing squirtle squad style shades.

To: Rodan
a lineup of pokemons most wanted criminals

- joey "the rat" scarmundi - a slightly obese raticate with a penchant for fine blue cheese

- ms. pantolia - a gardevoir, sort of looks like a stereotypical italian housewife but with a homicidal edge

- jack "skyman" jones - an african american aerodactyl who is known for his illegal smuggling of energypowder and power herbs

To: Kadew
a breloom decorating a Christmas tree, with an azelf as the angel tree topper

To: CyzirVisheen
a Metagross doing anything cool

To: ToxicPhox
a pair of Simisear hanging out in the snow

To: Fatecrashers
a krookodile chasing a spoink

To: ium
grant me a drawing of skuntank beating up/making fun of a rotom tagged with the name "birkal" and a zebstrika tagged with "zebraiken."

To: Eagle4
A Ludicolo in a Santa costume, on a sleigh with Probopass as the reindeers.

To: Mekkah
Gible decorating a Christmas tree
Note: Due to Birkal being unable to fulfill the request, RitterCat stepped in to save christmas, hence the additional background details.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat

Secret Santa 2013

The end of the year brings winter, merryment, and anticipating glances towards Smeargle's Studio. Since December marks the beginning of summer in Australia, elcheeso made for the perfect neutral party to lead this year's Secret Santa. The rules were the same as usual, but those who failed to fulfill the wishes of others were to have their avatars changed to the picture below.

With his dominance asserted, elcheeso instructed the grand total of 28 participants with their respective wishes to fulfill, with the deadline ending on December 14th. While all images were shared afterwards for everyone to see, a portion of them have been saved below for posterity. <a href="/forums/threads/3492146/">The original thread where it all went down can be found here.</a>

To: Blue Frog
My request is an ugly Milotic with a beautiful Feebas, or at least as ugly and beautiful (respectively) one can possibly make them.

To: paintseagull
Polar Vivillon with snowflakes

To: CometTheMicroraptor
I'd love to see Tyrantrum and Archeops interacting in some fashion, be it fighting, playing, etc.

To: @andrew3391
a merry garbodor

To: Trevenant
I'd like a Trevenant that a baby Riolu thinks is a Christmas Tree and Riolu keeps trying to hang ornaments on the Trevenant and Trevenant is just done with it all.

To: Torkoals
I'd like to request a shiny Bisharp blocking an powerful fire blast from a shiny Moltres.

To: Acklow
I would like to see all of the Eeveeloutions celebrating Christmas with one another

To: icepick
draw me a trevenant as a christmas tree

To: elcheeso
all of the prevo bats (zubat, woobat, noibat + gligar???) together. also they are best friends

To: sandshrewz
I want a Mega Venusaur :D

To: macle
frog pokemon

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Secret Santa 2014

This year's Secret Santa brought a lot of participants, close to 50 artists, which meant a great number of art to be exchanged between the various users within Smeargle's Studio. It also meant a higher chance for people being unable to fulfill certain wishes, meaning that elcheeso, the returning host from last year, was a prime candidate for delivering justice in the form of public shaming and avatars changed in a forceful manner.

That said, the overall quality still remained high and the mood as well, making this Secret Santa a great success for participants and spectators alike. Some of the best pictures, be it quality or creativity, can be found below. <a href="/forums/threads/3520793">The original thread can be found here.</a>

TO: talonFletch
I would like a granbull drawing

TO: theflygoonz
My request is a flygon with a sand tornado around it and goggles on top of its already goggle like eyes.

TO: Belrich
My request is a group of Jigglypuffs (Four probably) caroling in holiday gear.

TO: Tikitik
My request is pretty simple, i'd love an art piece featuring the most majestic pokemon of all- Magikarp. It'd be great if the one making this could give him a little christmas hat. ^^

TO: LittleTLK
My request would be "an Illumise using encore."

TO: Sillyboxman
I want someone to draw a supercool Mega-Alakazam!

TO: Detective Scruffy
My request is a Vespiquen holding "hands" with a Beedril

TO: MiniArchitect
My request for the Secret Santa is a Diglett; no stipulations to it or anything, just a plain Diglett is all.

TO: Crux
Daleks draped in Ohmagod and Hindenbird propaganda, under the direction of Overloads RODAN and Crux, taking over CAP, deposing ballot stuffing dictator, Birkal. 3 dragon-type Pokemon fly in the sky, celebrating victory. James Graham asks Crux on a date.

TO: Blue Frog
A female Wobbuffet with as much ridiculous makeup/clothing/jewelry/hairstyling/etc. as possible.

TO: Arhops
Ok great so I want to join and have the picture I want be an Arghonaut wearing a chef hat cutting some onions.

TO: fleurdyleurse
um i'd like a whimsicott furiously correcting pieces of writing! ty!

TO: justinjiaxinghu
I would like something about Legend of Korra or Avatar the Last Airbender. Wallpaper, simple drawing, anything really.

TO: Scrake
my request is mega swampert and mega steelix getting buff for the ORAS release or something.

TO: Weebl
I'd like a Ludicolo dancing. :)

TO: SolarHatesPie
Can I request a Flygon riding a Xerneas (jk I'm not that evil) winter form Sawsbuck into battle?

TO: Kadew
For my request, I'd like a Tropius decorated to be a Christmas banana tree.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
Secret Santa 2015

The sixth annual Secret Santa in Smeargle's Studio involved 26 artists and even more onlookers, huddling together to escape winter's cold and the dark evenings. Highlights from this year includes the user Nerina stepping in to fulfill the requests left unfinished by flakes, and how elcheeso hosted this event for the third time in a row so that he could step down gracefully after the snow had settled. If you want to absorb the event in all its entirety (save for a few failed image hosts), <a href="/forums/threads/3554598/">the original thread can be read here.</a>

TO: icepick
draw me concept art for a hypothetical pokemon snap 2

TO: TrainerSplash
I'll ask for a picture of May and Dawn being cuties c:

TO: Blue Frog
A happy, fat Politoed eating christmas cookies.

TO: Hey-It's-Josh
For my request, I'd like to request a crazy Bonsly.

TO: Cretacerus
request for a little Cubone experiencing true Christmas spirit for the first time.

TO: unfixable

a cute sylveon in a santa hat with ribbons and wrapping!

TO: SolarHatesPie
I guess my request will be a Scizor in an ugly Christmas sweater... Strange that I chose Scizor, yes, but it would be fabulous.

TO: brightobject
A robot kingler mecha fighting a robot slaking mecha is what I'd like to see

TO: Pkrs
i want a mega gengar with christmas costum

TO: @Ace~
I choose a Machamp on his cheat day, eating junk food etc

TO: macle
santa frog

TO: Twerkerella
So I would like a picture of Rosalina and Luma riding on a Mega Altaria in the sky. If that's too big of a request, then I would like a Mega Altaria with the features of Rosalina with a Luma right next to it in the sky.

TO: PixelMoniac_
My request for the Secret Santa will just be a drawing of Larvesta

TO:FriesforNapkins
my request is of a Regice in reindeer attire. Thanks!

TO: Layell
My request is "Pokemon Politicians"

TO: monomite
For the secret santa I would like to have a drawing of Hawlucha being all cool and stuff.

TO: Nerina
I'd love anything involving either Mega Mawile or Mega Gardevoir ^^ If those aren't possible, any fairy type will do!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
For the Smocktail page

Jumpman16:
smeargle's gonna evolve into Smocktail
igarvey: GIV EIT A PRETENTIOUS WINE GLASS
Jumpman16: i honestly dont know where i get this shit lol
igarvey: TURN IT FROM A DOPE INTO A PRETENTIOUS CARRYING A PRETENTIOUS COCKTAIL GLASS
Jumpman16: "Um, this fine art is rather....above your sensibilities. Good day."
igarvey: the Snob pokemon
Jumpman16: The foe SMOCKTAIL's Outclass lowered ALAKAZAM'S Special Attack!
Jumpman16: man it is so EASY to imagine a pretentious, nose-upturned beagle with a beret and a highball glass
Jumpman16: smocktail now learns yawn every single level after it evolves
igarvey: it's unbelievable how perfect that name is
igarvey: smock + mock + cocktail + tail sounds like snob kinda
Jumpman16: plus beginning with the same two letters
igarvey: should it be wearing a smock and a beret with a cocktail in hand
Jumpman16: i think that's mandatory
Jumpman16: i am taking over CAP
igarvey: it has to have its face permanently turned to the side with its nose in the air

Jumpman16 said:
So later in the year, Smocktail was finally given life...the life 15 minutes of a uni-ball Vision pen, a piece of scratch paper, and very raw artistic talent could grant it. Smocktail needs...*ahem*...demands your help. Who is keen enough to appease the true, living color form of Smocktail?

Smocktail, for one, needs a smock. He had removed it momentarily, as he often does when particularly engrossed in a burst of creativity. But what Smocktail really needs is a worthy artist. Are you that artist? Prove it to Smocktail.

And so, the studio moved into action.

GTS said:
round 2..?

az said:
"original monet? yes, i believe our butler has a few of those in his own collection"

Fatecrashers said:
PREPARE TO GET HIPSTER LIKE DOG

GTS said:
completed at SMOCK-3 SPEEDS

Fatecrashers said:
finished that thought

Jumpman16 said:
i love you, this is basically perfect. only very minor aesthetic changes would even need to be considered, like perhaps a crimson smock and white beret/scarf (switching colors basically). I like the white switch cause that's the color artist caps are.

also, with minor tinkering i think you can make him look more haughty than angry...like the slightest ever "flattening" of its upper eye line would solve that, and give it more of a brow-raised indifference (i do see the brow you have there but still). everything else is great, you nailed the highball and the hand and the positioning and everything, great work
And that concludes this short episode in Smeargle's Studio's history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)