SM OU Improved trick room team

Hi everyone, this is my second trick room team, I improved it with some help and really wanna know what jou guys think. English is not my first language, so please forgive me any grammatical mistakes

The team:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Bronzong is my main trick room setter. I mostly use it too set up trick room, possibly stealth rock and then deal some quick damage with toxic and gyro ball. Toxic is very good for taking out tanks like Snorlax. Gyro ball deals tons of damage at fast Pokemon. Leftovers are for healing, levitate is to prevent damage from ground moves. The ev’s ensure it’s as bulky as possible

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Cresselia is my second trick room setter and supporter. With lunar dance, I can bring another Pokemon back in de game. Moonlight is important for healing, as this Pokemon is literally a tank and can take some hits. Trick room is needed, and ice beam is to prevent this Pokemon from being completely taunt bait. Mental herb also helps.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere/thunderbolt

Magearna is my third and final trick room setter. Out of the three, it’s the most offensive. With ev’s in health and spA I ensure it can take a hit and hit the opposite Pokemon hard. With trick room on, this thing is a absolute beast. Soul-heart gives me a boost every time I KO something and with z-fleur cannon I always get at least one KO. Flash cannon is to KO Pokemon like Clefable who otherwise would wall it. The choice between aura sphere and thunderbolt is basically a choice between hitting Toxapex and Ferrothorn

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Vikavolt is one of my offensive Pokemon. I stole the ev’s from Smogon as I couldn’t come up with anything myself. 252 ev’s in SpA make him hit hard and with trick room on, fast. Thunderbolt is mainly for water types and with STAB and choice specs i hit very hard. Bug buzz is to hit psychic types, volt switch is for momentum, and hidden power ice is for Pokemon like Garchomp who often switch in, expecting a thunderbolt but getting OHKOd by hidden power

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Shadow Bone
- Swords Dance

This is my main offensive Pokemon. It can hit almost everything for at least neutral damage, and with thick club and a swords dance boost its basically unstoppable. Until trick room runs out of course. Flare blitz is for damage, no recoil thanks to rock head. Shadow bone and earthquake are mainly for coverage. Swords dance, not used very mutch, is a good last moves

Azumarill @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarril is basically on the team for Heatran and mega camerupt. with huge power and belly drum, I can deal huge amounts of damage without having to worry too munch. Aqua jet is a strong move, as it usually goes first and does a lot of damage with huge power. Play rough is to hit dragon types, knock off is for coverage and too, well, knock off items

Threats:
Slow tanks: Pokemon like Ferrothorn and Toxapex are a real problem. They really like the trick room, because if it is on, they wil usually go first. They deal a lot of damage.
Walls: strong walls are a real problem. Pokemon like m veneasaur and Blissey with heal bell are a pain, because I can’t poison them and they usually keep spamming heal moves and KO my Pokemon with toxic or leech seed.
Mega camerupt: IF azumarril gets KOed then mega camerupt usually KOes my entire team.
Hazard spammers. Pokemon like Skarmory are a real problem, for example: if they manage to set up spikes and stealth rock I have real problems. A defogger/rapid spinner would come in handy
Mega swampert: I don’t have any grass moves on the team so this thing usually 0-6 me

Last edited:
I like this build, trick room is fun, just a couple of things to note, however
For starters, I notice you haven't given your Pokémon 0 IVs in speed, at least not in the imports you used. You should fix that right away, as well as giving them a speed reducing nature. This may help you out-slow certain walls that you are having trouble with.
Secondly, I would recommend explosion over toxic on bronzong. Trick room wants to keep up offensive pressure as much as possible. Despite being a team of slow mons, you want to play as fast as you can and simply may not have enough time to wear down a mon with toxic. It may be more valuable to just set up your rocks, trick room, and boom to get in your Marowak or Magearna more safely. You could also run Uxie in this same slot with memento or a speed-invested U-turn over explosion. Despite having redundant synergy with cress, it's still a viable pick as you only need it to set up rocks, room, and get a sweeper in safely.
Finally, I notice you don't have a mega slot (which admittedly isn't mandatory) and that said slot is being taken up by Vikavolt. Now, Vikavolt isn't bad under trick room, but I think you have some better options. If you really want an electric type, this might be one of the few chances you'll have to get M-Ampharos to put in some work in OU. Perhaps a M-Camerupt or M-Mawile as well. Despite being seemingly redundant with Marowak and Magearna, respectively, those two mons still pair well with Marowak or Magearna by helping break down the same Pokémon that check either. Crabominable is also a VERY scary Pokémon under trick room in any tier, and hits a much wider range of Pokémon than Vikavolt with his very much perfect coverage.
Other than that, I see I a pretty functional TR team here. Good work!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)