If You Actually Fell For This, I Have a Bridge to Sell You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Q: how many hours did it take you to find someone who would actually lose to that team? i assume antar's had you on the job for multiple days now?

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Q: how many hours did it take you to find someone who would actually lose to that team? i assume antar's had you on the job for multiple days now?
Hey, I resent that. If you look at the log you will clearly see it is a rated ladder battle. I didn't have to go looking for someone, they all just came to me. Besides, its not like it was that hard to beat someone. Those guys are the top 6 for a reason.

shnen

שוני
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Haha brilliant, dat restalk Squirtle
in all seriousness though, can we please get the real stats? I was looking forward to the tier shifts x_x

I wouldn't be surprised if that was jas's first ladder battle with that team. I've utterly destroyed Ubers teams with just Ferroseed and Kabutops.

Psychotic

Banned deucer.
I'm glad they decided to retest sun in UU. Vulpix was banned primarily due to its mind-boggling bulk when holding an Eviolite, and it would wall entire teams unless they carried one of its very limited counters. With Ninetails, that will not be a problem, and Sun will be a cakewalk to beat without it's premier wall.

I'm frankly amazed that Squirtle is near the bottom in LC. I don't get how such a top-tier OU mon could be considered bottom-tier by LC players.

I mean, seriously, three uses? Am I missing something here? Could someone explain to me just why LC Squirtle is so underused?

EDIT: in case it wasn't obvious, I don't play LC and am just asking out of curiousity

Speaking of Squirtle and Rapid Spin, I'm surprised Starmie managed to stay OU, what with its sole niche being swept out from underneath. It has great coverage and is decent in rain, but really, there are better options for special Rain sweepers (i'm looking at you, Phione)
I agree with this, but I think that it was sort of grandfathered into OU through its insane usage before the recent metagame shifts. Before people discovered Electivire's power, Starmie was probably used enough to guarantee it a spot in OU anyway.

Actually, Pachirisu shares the same base speed with Evire. Theyre both base 95s.
But Pachirisu doesn't have Motor Drive. Besides, Pachirisu is not as good of a sweeper. Go to serebii, or even their pages on Smogon. You'll see that Electivire simply has better attacking stats. But Pachirisu is almost physically invincible after using Growl, and so that's what it should stick to.

I'm glad they decided to retest sun in UU. Vulpix was banned primarily due to its mind-boggling bulk when holding an Eviolite, and it would wall entire teams unless they carried one of its very limited counters. With Ninetails, that will not be a problem, and Sun will be a cakewalk to beat without it's premier wall.
This so much.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I think this is pretty obvious but why hasn't Grumpig gotten a Suspect Test yet? I mean, the only reason Dusknoir is even OU right now is to counter the Pig, and Grumpig can still outspeed and 2KO with Shadow Ball (after a CM)! You might think Vespiquen can counter it but what's it going to do when Piggy has enough Calm Minds? Nothing.

And then you switch in your Dusknoir and get wrecked by Support Grumpig. I know it doesn't have the attacking power of the CM set, but who cares when you wall the entire freaking metagame! Toxic Spikes get you down? Heal Bell. Shelgon about to sweep? Thunder Wave. Don't even mention how it walls Quilava, the best revenge killer in the game. I don't even understand why someone would use Quilava when it's a liability against Grumpig. It also gets that sweet speed tie with Phione so it can stop it from sweeping.

Also I thought SUnkern was useless in this meta but then I saw what the Physically Defensive set does. Not 2KO'd by CHOICE BAND Magikarp's Bounce, walls Feebas, and lols at Remoraid. Good shit.

I don't get it what's so revolutionary about these stats that started all this discussion guys if you have a pokemon to discuss make a thrad in dspiral god.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I came into this thread expecting to see the usual Scizor at #1 for the sake of avoiding my homework. But now I have one thing to say to Antar.

I love you.

It's good to see that Ledyba is getting some serious usage now. With an eviolite, it seems to be the best Sunkern counter in the game right now. Once he's is gone, Electivire and Squirtle don't have to worry about a grass type resisting their extremely powerful attacks and then are able to sweep.
I must say that I'm a little surprised that it's evolution Ledian has not gotten more usage with its amazing new iron fist ability, making it's Focus Punch only a 9hko on Deoxys-D when used with an adamant nature and a choice band.
Hopefully next month it'll get more usage

looooooooooool caterpie OU
That was probably a mistake, actually. Lucario beat Caterpie in the three-month usage stats (granted, 84 to 89, but still) and Lucario has been due for a fall to UU for quite some time now (and is correctly listed as falling to UU).

Granted, Caterpie is a good mon and it should do very well in UU, but it's not quite OU caliber. It's just too predictable. It's sad, really, if its movepool were just a little more expansive it could be top-tier OU.

| 17 | Scizor | 8.786% |
| 18 | Tyranitar | 8.478% |
| 23 | Dragonite | 6.825% |
| 33 | Politoed | 5.838% |
| 34 | Heatran | 5.697% |
I can't believe nobody caught those last two. Nice april fools guys, but scizor and dragonite makes it too obvious.

jrp

Banned deucer.
I came into this thread expecting to see the usual Scizor at #1 for the sake of avoiding my homework. But now I have one thing to say to Antar.

I love you.
It's funny because that's the same reason I did that too lol. It's best that we get back to our work from that trip though :p

But yes, ratatta is the new king of ubers!

Someone please ban Electivire. That thing is way to good. He is over centralizing and OP. I wish the tiering contributors would look at the big picture and ban him.

P.S.: That CB Squirtle set is really getting annoying, everybody get original.

YES! MY PREDICTIONS WERE TRUE!
Great work guys, I love the new tiers and I think this will bring me into competitive pokemon again. By the way I've seen a lot of Litwicks in DW OU, you should update that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)