SM Ubers Ice Ice Baby Bulky Offense

OVERVIEW

So I wanted to build a Team around Arceus-Ice, simply because I've never used it before and it actually turns out to be very powerful. I got to like 1675 or something on the ladder, I don't know how good or bad that is, there wasn't that much thought in the original team, but after quite a bit of tweaking, it actually seems like it's alright. If anyone can help me improve the team and keep arceus-ice, that would be great.

The Team

So as I said, I wanted to build around arceus-ice. He's a great surprise factor, and people usually dont carry an ice resist. Most things in the tier take huge chunks from a very powerful judgement. I opted for a calm mind set as some things require boosts to take them on fully. Arceus also forces switches so you can CM on the switch, then hit the "counter" extremely hard with a coverage move. Other than Chansey/Blissey, Arceus-Ice can take down most anything. It's also a great counter to Zygarde, which was the original reason I picked it. It also takes on arceus ground and water which have given me problems in the past.

So I added Primal Groudon because it's an ubers team so it should probably have him. But honestly I needed a Stealth Rocker and something to take on Marshadow Close Combat as it can come in and threaten Arceus with its fighting STAB as well as steal any CM boosts. It also can phaze out any Xerneas or other boosting mons and precipice blades hits incredibly hard. The Ground/Ice STAB coverage that these two provide gives a solid base for hitting most things in the tier. Levitators and flyers are hit hard by judgement, everything else gets nuked by Precipice Blades. Occasionally I will want a fire move on PDon, but I dont see where I can fit it in.

CB Ho-oh is very powerful and I needed a dedicated physical attacker. Brave Bird isnt resisted by much so it hits like a truck. Ho-oh has pretty good synergy with PDon as many of groudons counters dont appreciate a CB brave bird. The burns from Sacred Fire are a great bonus.

With Ho-oh I needed a defogger. My arceus spot was taken so I opted for Giratina-O. I like the levitating and he hits pretty hard with shadow sneak. Im not really sure on his set and sometimes he can feel like dead weight, but defog is absolutely mandatory with Ho-oh, and nothing likes toxic spikes either so I feel he is necessary. We'll go into his set later.

With having PDon, I wanted something that could take on giratina. Yveltal resists Marshadows Ghost stab and can OHKO Giratina, marshadow, lunala, and MGar. He's also great against stall, knocking off leftovers and eviolites.

Regardless of what the first 5 mons do, I win almost every game because of the busted ass deer, Xerneas. It's insanely hard to deal with as it can just come in on a dragon or dark type, set up and win the game. I wanted a set up mon as my physical attackers hit hard off the bat, but I needed something that could take down the beefier mons.

Roles/Sets/Description

Arceus-Ice@Icicle Plate
EVs: 252SpAtk/252Spe/4SpDef
Nature: Modest
IVs: 0 atk
Moveset

• Judgement
  • Calm Mind
  • Grass Knot
  • Fire Blast
Judgement is a nuke, 2HKOing most Pdon, very little resists it. Grass Knot is for Waterceus and POgre, which is a 2HKO. I originally had earth power, shadow ball and thunder, but opted for a CM set. I need fire blast for magearna. I really like this set so far, only thing I've considered changing is psyshock for chansey as thats really the only counter. Toxapex is a problem, but I've got other things to deal with that. A lot of times I lead with this to get Pdon below 50%. If your opponent isn't paying attention they'll think it's arceus-water so that's a nice trolly bonus. Really been enjoying using this mon. I dont know if I should use the z move, but I feel I'd lose lots of power from the icicle plate.

252+ SpA Icicle Plate Arceus-Ice Judgment vs. 152 HP / 44 SpD Groudon-Primal: 211-250 (55.6 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Icicle Plate Arceus-Ice Judgment vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Yveltal: 410-486 (90.1 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Arceus-Ice Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Water: 232-274 (52.2 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Arceus-Ice Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Icicle Plate Arceus-Ice Judgment vs. 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas: 186-220 (45.2 - 53.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Icicle Plate Arceus-Ice Judgment vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Palkia: 174-205 (54 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Arceus-Ice Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 164-194 (45 - 53.2%)

252+ SpA Icicle Plate Arceus-Ice Judgment vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Lunala: 192-226 (46.1 -
54.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Icicle Plate Arceus-Ice Judgment vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Lugia: 282-332 (67.7 - 79.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Icicle Plate Arceus-Ice Judgment vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 844-1000 (132.7 - 157.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Arceus-Ice Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 246-290 (61.8 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Icicle Plate Arceus-Ice Judgment vs. 44 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega: 888-1048 (259.6 - 306.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Primal Groudon@Red Orb
EVs: 248Hp/252Atk/8Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moveset

• Stealth Rock
  • Roar
  • Precipice Blades
  • Rock Slide
Rocker that can take any hit from plus 2 xern and roar it out. Precipice Blades hit everything hard and rock slide is there for flyers. Not sure if I should change EVs or moves on here. Stone Miss and Rock Tomb are also viable options. Can check Marshadow very well. Everyone knows how good this guy is, not much of a description needed.

Ho-oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 252Atk/184Hp/72Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moveset

• Brave Bird
  • Earthquake
  • Sacred Fire
  • Sleep Talk
This hits unbelievably hard. Running just enough speed to outspeed things like POgre and PDon. Soft check to xerneas. The hole puncher of the team. Wont OHKO much but can heavily damage lots of threats and regenerate out of there.

Giratina-O@Grisceous Orb
EVs: 248Hp/8Atk/252SpDef
Nature: Careful
Moveset

• Thunder Wave
  • Defog
  • Roar
  • Shadow Sneak
Not sure if Toxic would be better here, but I like having speed control and twave is unexpected and hits steel types. If Groudon is dead, can roar away a potential Geomancy Xern. Can take one moonblast from scarf set and Twave or Roar it out. I really like the levitate ability which is why I opted for this variant of the fat dragon ghost. 3 Members of my team is unaffected by spikes/toxic spikes/webs and I really like that. Mandatory Defogger due to having 2 birds.

Yveltal@Black Glasses
EVs: 252Atk/4SpDef/252Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moveset

• Knock Off
  • Foul Play
  • U-Turn
  • Sucker Punch
I initially had this as a second choice band user but that really didnt work out well. Couldn't utilize that he's faster than most mons and I get the option of switching between foul play and knock off depending on the threat. Sucker punch is also great to have agasint faster threats. The physical set isn't used as much as the tank or life orb special set so I like that aspect. Can deal with offensive or defensive teams. Offensive things like salamence or arceus or Pdon you can spam foul play and 2HKO all of the aforementioned. For defensive teams. Zygarde, Magearna, Xerneas, Bliss/Chans, Toxapex, Celesteela can all switch in, but the loss of their item can really hurt them. U-turn can occasionally help with utility, might put rock slide here for ho oh, but foul play usually 2HKO anyway. Sucker punch OHKO marshadow and with the black glasses can really hurt a lot of mons if they are faster. Does anyone think I should put taunt over u-turn? Overall I like this mon and a ghost resist is very nice. I have trouble with stall teams and this guy really helps by knocking off items.

Xerneas@Power Herb
EVs: 184 Def/252SpAtk/72Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Nature: Modest
Moveset

• Geomancy
  • Moonblast
  • Hidden Power Ground
  • Psyshock
Psyshock for Blissey and toxapex. I really like HP ground as it crushes groudon so I can set up and win earlier. Has problems with steel types, but I have ho-oh for that. Almost all my games end up with a xern sweep as all you need to do is get decent damage on a few things and get rocks up.

Overall Thoughts

Overall I like the team. Iceus, Ho Oh punch holes through everything, Xerneas sweeps. Groudon checks marshadow and opposing Xern. Yveltal's knock off can knock off a power herb on the switch or cripple some lefties dependent mons which helps Xern even more. If I can keep rocks off the field, usually I can win. Things that give me problems are Mega Luke and Mega Gross. I also have NO toxic switch ins. This is why stall gives me problems. I've beaten lots of stall teams, but I feel like I'm getting lucky every time. It's just very hard to play around and I have to be really aggressive with my switches, I also have to keep rocks off the field. The arceus ground, blissey core can cause problems. I also don't have a scarfer and I'm not a particularly fast team, arceus is my fastest with 339 speed. Any recommendations are welcome, I'd like to keep arceus-ice if at all possible. Only mon swap I've seriously considered is Mscizor over Giratina, but that makes me weaker to PDon. I'm open to any and all suggestions. I'll leave a threatlist below

Primal Groudon-Iceus, Ho Oh and Yveltal can punch holes in it. Xerneas can finish it off with HP ground. Giratina can roar it out if it sets up while not really being hit hard by anything. My own Pdon can trade PBlades if absolutely necessary

Xerneas-Pdon and Ho-oh do well against the scarf set. Two forms of phazing and it cant switch in to very much. Like I mentioned above. If Pdon is dead, Giratina can take a scarf moonblast and twave or roar. iceus outspeeds and can either 2HKO or put it in sucker punch range. Brave Bird obliterates it. I have had problems with the Z Geo set as you cant roar it after ingrain and I dont have a bullet punch user, but I can tell if its z during a knock off switch in when nothing gets knocked off.

Mega Gengar-Shadow Sneak, Precipice blades, and sucker punch/foul play do well against this. Cant really switch in to anything.

Marshadow: Yveltal resists ghost stab and can OHKO with sucker punch. Groudon checks it

Mega Salamence-Iceus OHKO, dual roaring can phase out the set up variants. Moonblast, foul play do massive amounts.

Extremekiller-Haven't seen this much lately but 2 roaring mons plus SR and Twave are usually enough. Doesnt appreciate foul play or brave bird if paralyzed. Iceus 2HKO after stealth rocks.

Ho-oh- I have stealth rock so thats basically a counter. Pdon has a rock move, Foul Play hits like a truck. Twave is not appreciated. I haven't had really any problems with Ho-oh.

Deoxys-A: Usually have to trade 1 for 1 with this mon. However, yveltal and giratina can hit it with priority. Sacred fire can pray for burn through the sash.

Arceus Dark: Xerneas can threaten all the time. Iceus can hit it pretty hard. Only thing this can do is toxic which is annoying, but not too troublesome.

Arceus-Ghost. I have a ghost resist in Yveltal which is huge. 2 forms of Supereffective Priority have been enough for these.

Arceus Ground- Arceus Ice OHKOs, other than that I do have problems with this mon. Ho-oh doesnt hit it hard enough and is outsped. Yveltal cant knock it off and foul play doesnt do much against the defensive variant. I usually end up killing these with xerneas at plus 2

Primal Kyogre. Groudon cancells the rain, Arceus Ice can take a scald and dish out grass knot for 2HKO. Ho Oh outspeeds and hits it like a truck. Usually this thing is too slow to give me problems.

Mega Lucario-Probably the biggest threat to my team. CC plus steel move and Stone edge crushes everything. Is a legit Ice resist and is faster than anything on my team. Giratina can paralyze or phase out. Usually Yveltal can get off a big hit and something else can finish it.

Lunala. After the shadow shield is broken, this doesnt give me real problems. I have a ghost resist in Yveltal and it cant take hits from anything once its less than full HP.

Rayquaza: I dont really have any switch ins for this so it gives me problems especially when led against groudon. But Arceus is faster and can OHKO so thats a favorable lead matchup. Cant switch in to anything though and rocks hurt it quite a bit.

Excadrill: really doesnt match up against anything. Foul Play, Sacred Fire, Precipice Blades, Judgement all crush driller. I can defog the rocks once they get set up.

Palkia: I don't see this as that great of a threat. I can roar it out when it tries to set up, brave bird and moonblast give it nightmares.

Dialga: Arceus and Pdon hit this really hard with their STAB. plus 2 Moonblast OHKO and Yveltal can knock off any shuca berries or leftovers.

Pheromosa: Rocks plus priority help beat this. Giratina makes it wary of HJK. I really dont see this ever so I'm not sure what it can do against me.

Tyranitar: Precipice blades crushes it. Grass knot can 2HKO mega tar some of the time.

Tapu Lele: 2 Fire mons help deal with this. It cant take any hits and if it switches in to Yveltal it loses its scarf/specs etc making it much less useful. Gives Ho-oh a free switch in which usually isnt good for my opponent.

Darkrai: Yveltal can knock it off, U turn out. With no dark void its not really that great. Ho oh has enough natural bulk to take it on and dish out a powerful Brave Bird. PDon can set up rocks, precipice blades or roar out a sub nasty variant.

Arceus Rock- PDon hits it hard, Giratina can come in and paralyze it. could cause problems but I've literally never seen it on the ladder

Zekrom: If rocks are up, 4 mons on my team can OHKO this so not a big worry.

Cloyster. Twave cripples it. Groudon can roar it away if it tries to set up. Usually not a problem if its not the lead. Once rocks go up its not as good.

Mewtwo: yveltal and Ho Oh can crush it. Giratina can paralyze it and hit hard with shadow sneak. Groudon doesnt mind it much and can hit hard with Pblades. Cant OHKO xerneas so it can set up on mewtwo

Mewtwo Mega Y: same stuff as above. The priority I have really hurts it.

Mewtwo Mega X: Foul Play OHKOs and mewtwo usually doesnt carry stone edge. Ice punch, low kick, and drain punch dont do enough. Xern can come in and set up easily

Mega Khanga: Foul Play and Brave bird crush it. Twave is crippling, simply not that great of a mon after the nerf, but I haven't had any problems against the ones I've faced

Landorus/Lando T: Ice Arceus OHKO and outspeeds. Giratina isnt touched by it and defogs away the rocks. Doesnt appreciate getting knocked off.

Solgaleo: I love solgaleo, but he sucks. Foul Play, Pblades, Twave, Knock off, Sacred Fire all hit hard. Scarf set with stone edge is only thing that could hurt but giratina pretty much hard walls it.

Celesteela. Arceus Ice crushes it. It hates being knocked off and sacred fire burns it to a crisp.

Aegislash: This thing can cause problems if its the last mon standing and my team is mostly dead, especially if it has toxic. However, with rocks, PBlades, EQ on Ho oh to avoid king shield can usually beat this. Sucker punch is great too. However I dont have a toxic switch in and my xern is walled.

Zygarde Complete: My two special attackers OHKO it and arent really touched by thousand arrows. Nothing on my team likes being glared or toxicd so thats a problem, but Ive never lost to this mon which is a good thing.

Mega Sableye: Cant take the hit from lots of my mons, is annoying, but usually dies without taking anything out.

Lugia: Without SR, this can be a huge pain as only yveltal really beats it. Twave and shadow sneak can help a little. Really I have to keep up rocks, as judgement and brave bird hit it hard enough with multiscale broken, otherwise this causes problems.

Mega Scizor: Groudon doesnt mind it, Ho oh kills it. Foul play does a ton.

Magearna: My answers are sacred fire, knock off, precipice blades. Offensively it doesnt do much, all it does is wall xerneas, so I just have to chunk it down. Its not very fast and I have fire blast on CM arceus.

Toxapex: Almost useless. Gets knocked off and half my team is unaffected by tspikes. usually it gets knocked off and dies while I defog away any hazards. Psyshock on Xern is helpful and you can just psyshock on turn 1 when it hazes which now puts it in a 50 50.

Think thats most of the threats I know of. Let me know what I can do, many thanks. Currently thinking about will o wisp on giratina, or swapping that to MScizor. Really like the Iceus/HoOH/Yveltal core for punching holes while xern cleans up​

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)