ICC World Cup 2015

Australia clearly have the home advantage. But, final is gonna be interesting to say the least. Rooting for the Kiwis.

Damn, didn't see the game (only saw like the start some part of the middle) but 95 runs is a lot; how many runs was that partnership after australia's first wicket was taken lmao (I think it was around 200???)

Population of NZ seems to have increased by a billion or so since India lost hahahaha.

Damn, didn't see the game (only saw like the start some part of the middle) but 95 runs is a lot; how many runs was that partnership after australia's first wicket was taken lmao (I think it was around 200???)
Around 180, Smith got on with the job.

New Zealand needs to win imo. Australia already won like 4 World Cups, that's a lot.
If NZ will win a WC soon, it as to be this one. Have some serious talent, had their home decks, won every game. Potentially Vitori's last game. The script writes itself

If NZ will win a WC soon, it as to be this one. Have some serious talent, had their home decks, won every game. Potentially Vitori's last game. The script writes itself
Given the rain we've had here in Melbourne too it may as well be a NZ home final.. I'll be interested to see how McCullum bats on a ground where the boundary isn't short.

Given the rain we've had here in Melbourne too it may as well be a NZ home final.. I'll be interested to see how McCullum bats on a ground where the boundary isn't short.
Heard in an article somewhere, about half of the NZ wickets will be caught in the deep because they'd had hit 6s at their grounds but not on the MCG

NZ obviously had a great tournament but unfortunately they just looked a little shellshocked and overwhelmed by the occasion. Guptill looked really tentative for the top tournament runscorer coming off a 200+ score, Williamson never looked comfortable and his dismissal was very soft. Sad to see Vettori struggling with injury in possibly his last match too. I suspect that if they can keep that team together for the next couple of years they will be consistently among the best in the world in all formats, especially Vettori can stick around for a bit longer.

The reason Australia wins big games is because they are ruthless. Many teams view this as unsportsmanlike, but when you're out there under the pump it comes down to who wants it more. I'm a firm believer of what happens on the field, stays on the field, and unless there's racism etc flying around (which i highly doubt, under the leadership of Clarke and Lehmann) it's just part of the game. At the end of the day the aussies respect their opponents, and, importantly, respect the game.

One great thing about the tournament was the performance of the associates. Some of the best matches involved these countries. It would be good for the game if the likes of Ireland and the UAE got more exposure to strong teams, or even test status.

Sad end for Vettori, he's announced his retirement from international cricket. I hope he can roll the arm over for one more year for the Brisbane Heat in the Big Bash.

I think Australia win big games for two reasons

1. Depth of bowling; any of Faulkner, Starc, Hazlewood, and Johnson are capable of producing the kind of bowling spell that flips a game -- against Pakistan it was Hazlewood cleaning up any chance of a late innings burst, against India it was that period where Johnson got hostile to Kohli then bowled that near unplayable ball to Sharma, against New Zealand it was that over from Faulkner when he took 2 wickets in 3 balls. All while Starc was consistently superb from the other end.

2. Style of play; Australia has won five of the last eight world cups, all of the wins coming on different continents, it's pretty much in the DNA of the team since the days of Allan Border to play the uncompromising style of cricket (both in terms of sledging and actually playing the game) that wins in the knockout stages.

• Sad
Reactions: Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)