ICC World Cup 2015

So, England got knocked out of the world cup by Bangladesh in Adelaide. I think I can count approximately 7 mistakes in how England went about that game alone.

Serious question, which idiot decided to use number of wins to separate teams on equal points when those two teams have played a match that had a result?

Unrelated, but if Zimbabwe could catch, they could've beaten India.

Last edited:
Serious question, which idiot decided to use number of wins to separate teams on equal points when those two teams have played a match that had a result?

Unrelated, but if Zimbabwe could catch, they could've beaten India.
Yeah, should be Points > Runrate > Wins not Points > Wins > Runrate

So..

India vs Bangladesh
Australia vs Pakistan
New Zealand vs West Indies
South Africa vs Sri Lanka

This could get very interesting.

Fun Fact: SA have never won a knockout match of a WC before. I think SA will win because of Sri Lanka's bowlers not being enough to contain the SA batsman.

India vs Bangladesh
India should win easily.

Australia vs Pakistan
Probably the best pitch for Pakistan to play Australia on. Australia should win

Should be NZ but if all the Windies batsman get it right and NZ get it wrong, could be interesting

Semi-Finals will probably look like:
South Africa vs New Zealand
Australia vs India

Any of those 4 should make the final but I'm gonna say Australia and NZ.

Playoffs Predicts:
India vs Bangladesh
Australia vs Pakistan

India vs Australia

India to win finals (though New Zealand have a very realistic chance of winning semis and finals)

India vs Bangladesh : Nothing o say here. India is in very good form and though Bangladesh have shown some resiliency, another upset is kinda too much for them. And, India are not gonna take them lightly either.

Australia vs Pakistan : Australia is the better team in every aspect. Mitchell Starc is in the form of his life and Maxwell is showing consistency. Warner has been on and off lately. However, that innings against Afganistan will certainly raise his confidence. However, Pakistan are known for their surprise factor. If other batsmen support Misbah well, then expect the fall of the Aussies. However, i don't think that's happening.

South Africa vs Sri Lanka : Kay, going with the less expected here, because this is South Africa lol and they can't win a playoff for the next 100 years of Sangakara. 4 100s in 4 innings is just insane. Expect this to be more unpredictable. If South Africa don't CHOKE and if ABD and the pace attack can do what they do best, my prediction will be wrong.

New Zealand
vs West Indies : Nothing much here. Its fairly uneven. NZ just have to get Gayle early and WI are done for.

Frizy

dont change my ct fuckers
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
India vs Bangladesh: unlike with the England game, this will actually be an upset if Bangladesh win. however, Bangladesh have looked pretty decent and have a history of upsetting India in the world cup so anything is possible.

Australia vs Pakistan: Pakistan finally get sarfraz into the team and then they lose irfan to injury lol. Pakistan batting looked decent during their game against ireland, but there were still moments of the absolute brainless batting they've exhibited earlier in the world cup (eg the runout of sohail). However, Ireland was quite frankly bowling garbage for most of Pakistan's innings and Starc is in threatening form right now, so im expected a comprehensive Australian win

South Africa vs Sri Lanka: game has already started and Kushal Perera has already thrown away his wicket with multiple wild slashes. Abbott and Steyn looking in good touch, just producing back-to-back maidens. hopefully De Kock can pull his WC average out of single digits lol.

New Zealand vs West Indies: Gayle is garbage in ODIs if you ignore the odd times he fires (against teams like Zimbabwe mind you) and his opening partner averages 19... meanwhile New Zealand possess a rapidly improving pace attack that are playing in conditions that suit them. i expect a significant New Zealand victory.

edit: Sri Lanka are 4-2 after 4 overs.. with the form Mahela is in, Sanga need to hit a ton or this game is already over.

Last edited:
Only choking involving South Africa today: Tahir choking the Sri Lankan middle order.

A lot of great players gone from the game today.

Some thoughts on the other three..

West Indies vs New Zealand
NZ would start clear favourites against any team at the cake tin, let alone the West Indies with their unreliable batting order. Can't rule out Chris Gayle having a freak performance but it's more likely Boult and Southee tear through the top order.

Pakistan vs Australia
I'd say Australia were at risk here if not for Irfan being ruled out with injury and the fact Pakistan don't really have a top class spinner either, Adelaide Oval has favoured spin recently and been a touch slow.

Bangladesh vs India
India prohibitive favourites, Bangladesh could cause an upset if they are patient (Shakib especially has been out playing impatient shots at least twice recently) and play well, but they are very unaccustomed to the large grounds in general and the MCG specifically.

Last edited:
I thought i would put my predictions in here:

India vs Bangladesh
Bangladesh did play impressively in the other rounds, as they knocked many teams out of the cup, but India is pretty much stronger in both batting and bowling. With no losses till now in this world cup, I really think (and hope) it will be an India Win now. #wontgiveitback

Pakistan vs Australia
Yes, Pakistan is a good team, but Australia are in a lot better shape than them right now, and they're playing in Australia too(I think, srry if im wrong)

The only chance of West Indies winning is if Chris Gayle not getting out for some time and striking good runs in the process. Otherwise it is pretty much 100% new zealand win now.

Pakistan vs Australia
Yes, Pakistan is a good team, but Australia are in a lot better shape than them right now, and they're playing in Australia too(I think, srry if im wrong)
All remaining Australia games will be home. Home ground advantage is a bit nullified though as the games are in Adelaide (and should Australia keep winning, Sydney and Melbourne), Sydney and Melbourne have been unusually flat this summer (though Sydney was a bit more lively yesterday) and Adelaide is always lifeless unless it's day five of a test match.

Frizy

dont change my ct fuckers
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
man i can't help but feel india are getting looked after here. the ball that got raina lbw was definitely pitching at least 50% in line with leg stump, and a no ball gets called on the sharma catch when, if he hadn't advanced out of his crease, would've reached him at knee height. i guess we can't have a repeat of 2007 WC can we

India vs Bangladesh
Bangladesh did play impressively in the other rounds, as they knocked many teams out of the cup, but India is pretty much stronger in both batting and bowling. With no losses till now in this world cup, I really think (and hope) it will be an India Win now. #wontgiveitback

Pakistan vs Australia

The only chance of West Indies winning is if Chris Gayle not getting out for some time and striking good runs in the process. Otherwise it is pretty much 100% new zealand win now.
You got all your predictions right GOD damn.

NZ vs SA. What a match that was guys. Hoping to see Australia vs New Zealand action in the finals.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ELLIOT YOU BEAST

EDIT

Also that note of surprise from the commentator when Dan the Man hit that four was funny.

In a most Unaustralian way, I actually feel bad for the saffas. Should've picked Kyle Abbott ahead of Philander though.

Fun Fact: SA have never won a knockout match of a WC before. I think SA will win because of Sri Lanka's bowlers not being enough to contain the SA batsman.

India vs Bangladesh
India should win easily.

Australia vs Pakistan
Probably the best pitch for Pakistan to play Australia on. Australia should win

Should be NZ but if all the Windies batsman get it right and NZ get it wrong, could be interesting

Semi-Finals will probably look like:
Australia vs India

Any of those 4 should make the final but I'm gonna say Australia and NZ.
Boom. Called it. Hosts in the final. Gonna be an awesome game to see

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)