Heart Gold team help

I have heart gold and I was thinking this as a team (I've tested it out in the online battle sims and I haven't been doing well...)

Swampert

Ability: torrent

Nature: Bold
200 att ev
126 def ev
126 spe def ev
56 hp ev

Item: leftovers

Moveset:
earthquake
Waterfall
roar
Ice beam

I've been using him as my lead alot due to his awesome bulk and typing... I like to roar anything that is boosting too. He seems to do well as an all around tank, being able to take anything that isn't grass... I was thinking about replacing a move with rest.

Gengar

Ability: levitate (duh)

Nature: serious
252 spec att ev
252 speed ev
4hp ev

Item: focus sash

Moveset:
substitute
pain split
shadow ball
t-bolt

gengar is a great sweeper and I really like being able to havesome surviability with sub/painsplit... but he falls quickly even with all this. If only I could think of someway to set up a good sweep with him.

Typhlosion

Ability: blaze

Nature: serious
252 spec att evs
252 speed evs
4 hp evs

Item: heat rock

Moveset:
sunny day
flamethrower
solarbeam
eruption

A pretty darn good sweeping moveset, in my opinion. I decimated 4 of the opponets team with it. Sadly, I loose him a lot with stealth rocks.

Tyrannitar

Ability: sand stream

Nature: docile
252 att ev
126 def ev
126 spec def ev

Item: chesto berry

Moveset:
earthquake
rest
stone edge
crunch

I know I'm doing something wrong with him... several matches and I haven't managed a ko with this dude... and tyranitar is supposedly one of the most feared in OU!!! well, I thought it would be good to dole out chunks of damage and then rest it all away...

Scizor

Ability: Technician

Nature: Adamant
4 hp ev
252 att ev
126 def ev
126 spec def ev

Item: choice band

Moveset:
bug bite
aerial ace
bullet punch
roost

I like scizor... but I'm also doing something wrong with him. when ever I start racking up damage, I can't seem to ko and my opponent often switches to a wall I can't counter with sheer force... plus I'm usually resisted :P so i'm switching and losing more turns

Dragonite

Ability: inner focus

Nature: Serious
4 hp ev
252 att ev
252 spec att ev

Item: life orb

Moveset:
earthquake
dragon claw
roost
extreme speed

I realized as I was writing this: why the heck do I have ev's in special attack?! besides that, Dragonite has also had difficculties with stealth rocks and spikes. I think he's good; but there is something seriously flawed with him...

Therefore, I know I have good pokemon who I think can really work; it's just that I have some execution issues... any help would be nice

Also, If anyone knows how to put in pictures of my pokemon that would be nice!!!

follow the smogon analyses, wherever you're getting your movesets from, every single one is crap. your EVs aren't even being used and stealth rock is no where on this team. your items and natures don't make sense either. serious and docile? there's a reason i had to actually look up what those did.

scizor losing turns because he cannot switch? that's is the opposite of a scizor problem. if scizor has that problem ever, it's not scizor. go look at the analysis.

focus sash + substitute on gengar? you're so smart.

-atk nature + 2 physical moves on swampert, omg you're a genius.

i really can't think of why you're not doing well.

Dude,

I just came here beccaue I knew that my team was having issues. I chose those natures because it was what I had (except for swampert... I really hope I meant brave).

You see things like gengar with focus sash and sub I don't know about... I thought it would be a good idea. I really have very little experience battling online.

I really appreciate that you replied so quickly, I just wish I had more to work off of than the general "your team is crap." I want to know if this team can work. I need advice on how it can work. I'l take another look at the smogon movesets too; but I don't want to have a predictable poke team.

i am genuinely sorry for that, but the analyses are really just right there.
try to find mostly or all OU pokemon and make a team out of that, otherwise there is not a good chance it'll do well even if built well.

Well, by the way you said that you only had those natures to work with, this must mean that you are playing with an actual team you bred yourself. Well, the first tip I can give is that you need to go and look at some of the analysis on the main page of smogon. These will help give you ev spreads, natures, and also movesets for your pokemon. The natures of a lot of your pokemon don't help them at all, so, if you need to breed for better pokemon, then you need to breed for better pokemon. You aren't going to win games with sub par ones, you need the best you can get. What you can do is you can go around on the trade forums. A lot of people use the cloning method, and if you explain to them your situation, then I'm sure a ton of them would be willing to help out. But, the analysis on the main page really do help out a lot. I would suggest starting out reading those for whichever pokemon you want to use, and use that as a reference. Hope I helped out a bit. And also, tell somebody if a poster is rude to you when giving a rate, because I think that's one of the rules of rating, which is to not be rude and to give as much help as possible, no matter how bad the team is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)