Entertainment Hax - Why do we care?

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
Hey, I am The Goomy.

I've played in SPL, as well as NUPL, and I love this game.

One thing that I've seen that can bring the community together in one common hatred is hax.

I want to write an article all about hax.

What is hax?
Common terms used for hax.
Ways to be socially acceptable when you get haxed (as well as how not to be)
Thunder Wave
Why do we care?

The goal of this article is not to be entirely serious, but to attempt to bring to light why hax is such an amazing part of this game. It keeps us on the edge of our seat. Anything can happen. Momentum can swing with a single miss. It's why I play mons and not chess.

Thanks for any feedback!

I really hope I get the opportunity to write this article as contributing to the smog is something I've always wanted to do. :]

As it is, I'm not sure this would be all that entertaining and it might fit in better as an Other Features article. Just for comparison, this article is a bit old, but the way it's organized is more creative and seems to cover much of the same stuff. Tagging Bummer for further input.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ways to be socially acceptable when you get haxed (as well as how not to be)
This is one reason why this would be a somewhat helpful article, interracting with the opponent after a clear hax moment is always awkward and it'd be good to know how to depressure the situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)