OU Hawlucha

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
awlucha
delet this

[OVERVIEW]

Hawlucha has a useful niche on rain teams due to its incredibly high Speed stat with an Electric Seed and the Unburden ability, allowing it to become a formidable late-game sweeper capable of outspeeding even extremely fast foes, such as all common Choice Scarf users and Mega Manectric. Additionally, it can threaten out common answers to rain teams, like Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, and Mega Venusaur by virtue of its offensive typing. However, Hawlucha offers little defensive utility because of its low defenses, and its relatively low base Attack leaves it unable to OHKO foes such as Mega Manectric without a Swords Dance boost. Its weaknesses to many priority moves, such as Weavile's Ice Shard and Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack, also means that it needs to stay healthy.

[SET]
name: Electric Seed Sweeper
move 1: Acrobatics
move 2: Swords Dance
move 3: High Jump Kick
move 4: Drain Punch / Stone Edge
item: Electric Seed
ability: Unburden
nature: Adamant
evs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are Hawlucha's STAB moves of choice because of their high Base Power. Because of the fact that Hawlucha's Electric Seed is used immediately after switching into Electric Terrain, Acrobatics's Base Power is instantly doubled. Swords Dance boosts Hawlucha's Attack stat, allowing it to OHKO foes such as Tapu Koko, Mega Swampert, and Shift Gear Magearna. Drain Punch can be used to sustain Hawlucha's sweep by keeping it healthy, while Stone Edge can break through foes such as Zapdos.

Set Details
========

Electric Seed in conjunction with Unburden instantly doubles Hawlucha's Speed stat if it is brought into Electric Terrain. Additionally, the Defense boost it receives is helpful for allowing Hawlucha to set up Swords Dance more easily. Maximum Attack is used so Hawlucha hits as hard as possible, and 152 Speed EVs help it outspeed +2 Landorus-T and Mega Sharpedo in addition to Sand Rush Excadrill in sand after Unburden. The rest of the EVs are invested in HP to improve Hawlucha's bulk as much as possible.

Usage Tips
========

Hawlucha works best as a late-game sweeper, aiming to break through teams once defensive threats such as Landorus-T, Mew, and Toxapex have been eliminated or sufficiently weakened. It is necessary to preserve Hawlucha's Electric Seed until this time because otherwise, Hawlucha will lack the speed necessary to outrun offensive Pokemon. The Defense boost granted by Electric Seed can allow Hawlucha to set up a Swords Dance on physical attackers, such as Zygarde and Bisharp, before breaking through the opposing team with its STAB moves.

Team Options
========

Tapu Koko is a mandatory teammate for Hawlucha because it can reliably set up Electric Terrain. Swift Swim users like Kingdra and Mega Swampert in conjunction with a Drizzle user such as Pelipper also synergize well with Hawlucha because they can break walls that Hawlucha struggles with, like Landorus-T, and vice versa. Ground-types, including Garchomp, Zygarde, and Landorus-T, also have good offensive synergy with Hawlucha. Rockium Z or Smack Down variants of Landorus-T in particular help Hawlucha against stall teams. Additionally, Spikes users can provide Hawlucha with chip damage, assisting its sweeping capabilities; Ferrothorn, one example of this, can also wear down foes with Iron Barbs and benefits from rain.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Substitute variants of Hawlucha that utilize a Sitrus or Liechi Berry can be used, but the lack of immediate benefits given by Electric Seed means that they are much less reliable at revenge killing; additionally, they struggle against faster foes and are pressured to compromise bulk and power by running maximum Speed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority Users**: Ash-Greninja, Weavile, and Mega Pinsir can revenge kill Hawlucha by negating its Unburden boost through their priority. However, Hawlucha's Defense boost from Electric Seed reduces the damage taken by the last two.

**Physical Walls**: Pokemon like Landorus-T, Clefable, Skarmory, Celesteela, Mew, and Toxapex can take hits from Hawlucha and wear it down with status moves, such as Will-O-Wisp, or super effective STAB attacks.

**Offensive Pokemon**: Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Mega Manectric, Zapdos, and Tapu Koko can avoid the OHKO from Hawlucha's attacks and OHKO it in return, preventing it from finding an opportunity to set up or deal damage. They are at risk if Hawlucha is at +2, however.

Last edited:
hello, Silver_Lucario42
[OVERVIEW]
REALLY REALLY weak unboosted like man is that hawlucha or a wet piece of cardboard. stall can also beat +2 lucha with pex
- Hawlucha rarely comes out early-game, so I don't think this line is significant since it should only come in when it has the opportunity to set up because of its stab moves, typing, and bulk from Electric Seed. I would replace this with: "provides little defensive synergy", or something along those lines...

takes Ls from priority like pinsir quick attack, vile ice shard, cb zyg speed
- Weavile's CB Ice Shard: (48.9 - 58.2%), Mega Pinsir's Aerilate-boosted Quick Attack: (47 - 56.3%), Zygarde's CB Extreme Speed: (31.5 - 37.1%). Hawlucha can heal back with Drain Punch against Weavile and Zygarde is forced to Thousand Arrows and die to High Jump Kick. Mega Pinsir teams in general rarely have strong secondary priority to capitalize unless it is Sticky Web and that playstyle should be sending Mimikyu to revenge kill it anyways. I am not saying this line is wrong since Hawlucha can be in range of these attacks depending on how successful its set up was, but I would definitely emphasize less on this line when you are writing this up.

if your opponent manages to force out lucha after its seed is used up then you're kinda out of luck man
- I would remove this since it rarely happens, and it belongs in Usage Tips to be fair.

[SET]
move 1: High Jump Kick
move 2: Acrobatics
move 3: Swords Dance

Moves:

The power behind High Jump Kick is insane, OHKOing Zygarde and Magearna most of the time after Stealth Rock for example. This move is literally irreplaceable and it does about 75 minimum to Tapu Koko which is ridiculous. Drain Punch hits like a paper bag and you only use it when you don't want to risk a miss or you need health. If you need to use Stone Edge, you forego Drain Punch, but not the insane power behind High Jump Kick. The following EV spread allows you to come in and revenge kill +2 Mega Sharpedo and a weakened Rock Polish Landorus-T (a lot still use Jolly even after Pheromosa left the tier). It still outpaces Jolly Excadrill in the Sand. The remaining EVs are thrown in bulk for obvious reasons....makes set up on physical attackers easier, weakens priority, and it improves Hawlucha's match up versus Celesteela.

Substitute belongs in Other Options since it does very little outside of waste your health and rarely will you get a Swords Dance and a safe Substitute since people know what Hawlucha does now. Might as well have Stone Edge or the better secondary STAB called Drain Punch. I can see where you might be coming from, but Mew uses Psychic now and it isn't beating Mega Sableye since Unaware Clefable and Toxapex wall it.

stone edge is coverage vs guys like thundy
- +2 High Jump Kick vs Thundurus: (82.2 - 96.9%). Stone Edge is for Zapdos, and Mantine to extent since it can end your sweep with Haze.

Usage Tips:

depending on your opponent's team use it as an early game breaker or a late game cleaner
- I would rarely use it as an early-game breaker because of how common Landorus-T is and also because a lot of natural checks to Hawlucha will be damn near full health, even worse if Stealth Rock isn't up. It's a Pokemon you want to be patient with since it will get one and only one time to sweep because Electric Seed does not come back.

Mention how useful the defense boost from Electric Seed is, allowing you to safely set up on Pokemon such as non-CB Zygarde, Mega Scizor, Mega Heracross, Tapu Bulu, Rockium Landorus-T, and Excadrill (latter two unboosted of course).

Team Options:

Tapu Koko is mandatory, not nice. Relying on the opponent to have Tapu Koko is a terrible strategy. Tapu Koko also U-turns out of bulky Grass-types which Hawlucha sets up on. Mention some Swift Swim users than appreciate Hawlucha's support: Mega Swampert, Kingdra, and Kabutops. Ash Greninja is a fine teammate since it can U-turn out of Tangrowth and Ferrothorn so Hawlucha can exploit them. Hawlucha also fits well on the omnipresent Tapu Koko + Landorus-T core, so it is obviously not limited to Rain teams. I would look at GMars skeleton before he dropped it since he has quite a bit for that section.

[OTHER OPTIONS]

Yea, I wouldn't bother mentioning Psychic Seed and Misty Seed since they give a Special Defense boost which is useless. Grassy Seed is the only other viable seed option as it gives Hawlucha a Defense boost. I would remove Z-Sky Attack since it does not get the Unburden boost because the crystal does not disappear. Power Herb please. woofmasterarf I don't think Poison Jab is that good because Clefable takes 75 minimum from Acrobatics which is already crazy and Unaware still walls you unless you get the poison while choking as they decide not to Moonblast.

[C&C] I would have it categorized in 3 sections:

**Priority**: Takes it out if it is in range but beware of Electric Seed boost. Ash Greninja destroys Hawlucha if Rain is up though.
**Physical Walls**: Toxapex, Landorus-T, Zapdos, Clefable, and Mew are the most relevant.
**Faster Pokemon**: If Hawlucha somehow isn't in with Electric Terrian up (lol how though), then you can RK it with Greninja or something. Also, Scarf Terrakion does not revenge kill Hawlucha.

Seems like a lot, but there was a lot of detail missing along with the set being suboptimal. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
implemented, sorry for the wait

i don't see why misty/psychic seed special defense boost is so bad in comparison to physical defense boost. helps you set up on guys like gengar:

252 SpA Choice Specs Gengar Sludge Wave vs. +1 104 HP / 0 SpD Hawlucha: 226-267 (69.9 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

also Colonel M here you go

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok on rain because it beats grasses for them
No it's not just okay on rain, it's GOOD on rain. Hawlucha's main niche comes from its ability to take advantage of common rain checks while also cleaning up late-game after its teammates punched massive holes into teams. Stress this, as it is important and is Hawlucha's strongest niche.
many priority is super effective (pinsir qa, vile shard) meaning that lucha often failks to sweep even offensive teams unless these guys are eliminated first
I mean, at +1 Defense, Weavile's Ice Shard is definitely not going to kill it, and you get back all your souls with Drain Punch. I wouldn't even bother mentioning it tbh, just Pinsir I guess.
only use hawlucha late game, if you do not then you will be disappointed
Yeah can you at least expand on this? Remember you are treating your readers like they know little about this Pokemon
other birds to spam can be fun against teams that use koko or lando as a flying resist
Bird spam is not a thing anymore, so remove this.
other seeds can be used if you're using other tapus, however koko is the one with the best synergy
No. Remove this.

**faster stuff** bros like protean ninja and swamp in rain beat up hawlucha before it can do the same, however they fear electric seed
How does Protean Gren fear Electric Seed? It gets outsped anyway at +2. Hawlucha hits 620. There is basically nothing that can outspeed Hawlucha at +2, and Hawlucha should only be brought in on Electric Terrain anyway to get Unburden boost. Make sure you stress in this section that these Pokemon can only reliably revenge kill it if for some reason it's brought in outside of Electric terrain. Mention other stuff like Mega Zam and Scarf Lele.

QC 2/3

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, just some minor suggestions:

[OVERVIEW]

Hawlucha has a useful niche on rain teams due to its incredibly high Speed stat with an Electric Seed and the Unburden ability, allowing it to become a formidable late-game sweeper capable of outspeeding even extremely fast opponents, such as all common Choice Scarf users and Mega Manectric.
Replace the mention of Mega Manectric here with weather abusers such as Swift Swim Kingdra and Sand Rush Excadrill - the fact that Hawlucha can outspeed these Pokemon is worthy of noting in the overview

Overall, while Hawlucha has a substantial amount of flaws in the OU metagame, it still has a valuable niche.

GP will want you to avoid closing statements like this if they don't offer new substantial information to the reader. Remove this line, or at the very least define the niche.

[SET]
move 4: Stone Edge / Drain Punch
Personally, I would reorder the slash to be Drain Punch / Stone Edge - when I was testing Hawlucha, I found the ease in setting up and avoiding priority range that Drain Punch provided to be invaluable. Minor change though

Maximum Attack is used so that Hawlucha hits as hard as possible, while 152 Speed EVs help it outspeed +2 Landorus-T and Mega Sharpedo in addition to Sand Rush Excadrill in sand.
Might be worth explicitly putting neutral-natured in front of Mega Sharpedo - at least 25% of the mega sharpedos in 1695 last month and 15% in 1825 were running +Speed

**Priority Users**: Ash Greninja, Weavile, and Mega Pinsir can revenge kill Hawlucha by negating its Unburden boost.
I'd change the wording here and just say by using priority - negating its unburden boost sounds like teammates can come up after and be faster

**Physical Walls**: Pokémon like Landorus-T, Clefable, Zapdos, Skarmory, Mew, and Toxapex can take hits from Hawlucha and wear it down with status moves, such as Will-O-Wisp, or super effective STAB attacks.
Only one of the Pokemon you mentioned has Will-O-Wisp, add in an 'or Toxic': "such as Will-O-Wisp or Toxic, or by using super effective STAB attacks."

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If you don't put Drain Punch over Stone Edge I'm going to have an ulcer.

I find the lack of mentioning Ferrothorn also disappointing considering that it can handle Weavile fairly well while also supporting Hawlucha with Spikes.

For a niche mon I get that it is something that's kind of straightforward, but the Usage Tips is super bare. I'd look a lot of what GMars and Vertex said about Hawlucha and re-review everything you wrote. Afterwards, make some changes and try finding me again. Then I'll give it a proper quality control check.

You need to mention Encore.

Drain Punch and Stone Edge and Poison Jab are decent choices for the 4th move slot, but I've found Encore to be the most useful, especially since it allows a free turn to set up with Swords Dance. Switch in on something using Stealth Rock or a set up move and then outspeed it and lock it into that move with Encore. Then it's forced to switch out.

It's at least worth a mention. Better than Stone Miss for stuff like Zapdos which Hawlucha has no business staying in on anyway (and Zapdos should be removed before you attempt the sweep)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
^ No.
**Faster Pokémon**: Pokémon like Greninja, Mega Swampert in rain, Scarf Tapu Lele, Mega Alakazam, Mega Manectric, and Tapu Koko can outspeed and KO Hawlucha easily due to its frailty. However, none of them are faster if Hawlucha's Unburden ability has been activated, putting them at risk of being outsped and KO'd themselves.

You have to REALLY fuck up to not have Unburden activated. The only time this may happen is the ever so rare scenario that Dugtrio traps Koko and Dugtrio is Scarved or it's Sash and the Koko lacks U-turn (IIRC the set used with this particular Koko has U-turn anyway).

The section isn't blatantly incorrect, but it gives the wrong impression on a lot of fronts. Let's consider the scenarios:

- There IS potential Unburden doesn't activate, but it's arguably so rare you'd have to question how often the scenario should be called into C&C to have its own section.
- There are better ways to describe this.
- What about Pokemon such as Mega Manectric and Tapu Koko who can take unboosted hits and revenge kill it?

I would find better ways to describe the scenarios. Examples - how about instead we talk about Pokemon that can survive an unboosted hit from Hawlucha and OHKO it back? Mega Manectric, Tapu Koko should be mentioned as two of those Pokemon. You have Zapdos above, though I would bring it down here to be honest since Zapdos isn't necessarily just a physical wall. Celesteela can go physically defensive which kind of can be annoying for Hawlucha too.

Reword then re-tag me.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Silver_Lucario42 Cmon man, each update is taking you several days to implement and they're nothing huge. Can you please implement CM's changes so we can give this its last check?

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
hi, gp 1/2
[OVERVIEW]

Hawlucha has a useful niche on rain teams due to its incredibly high Speed stat with an Electric Seed and the Unburden ability, allowing it to become a formidable late-game sweeper capable of outspeeding even extremely fast opponents foes, such as all common Choice Scarf users and Mega Manectric. Additionally, it can threaten out common answers to rain teams, like Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, and Mega Venusaur, (AC) by virtue of its offensive typing. However, Hawlucha offers little defensive utility because of its low defenses, and its relatively low base Attack leaves it unable to OHKO opponents foes such as Mega Manectric without a Swords Dance boost. Its weaknesses to many priority moves, such as Weavile's Ice Shard and Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack, also means that it needs to stay healthy. Overall, while Hawlucha has a substantial amount of flaws in the OU metagame, it still has a valuable niche. (concluding sentences like these add no useful information :()

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are Hawlucha's STAB moves of choice because of their high Base Power. Because of the fact that Hawlucha's Electric Seed is used immediately after switching into Electric Terrain, Acrobatics's Base Power is instantly doubled. Swords Dance boosts Hawlucha's Attack stat, allowing it to OHKO opponents foes such as Tapu Koko, Mega Swampert, and Shift Gear Magearna. Drain Punch can be used to sustain Hawlucha's sweep by keeping it healthy, while Stone Edge variants can break through opponents foes such as Zapdos.

Set Details
========

Electric Seed in conjunction with Unburden instantly doubles Hawlucha's Speed stat if it is brought into Electric Terrain. Additionally, the Defense boost it receives gives is helpful for allowing Hawlucha an opportunity to set up Swords Dance more easily. Maximum Attack is used so that Hawlucha hits as hard as possible, while and 152 Speed EVs help it outspeed +2 Landorus-T and Mega Sharpedo in addition to Sand Rush Excadrill in sand. The rest of the EVs are invested in HP to improve Hawlucha's bulk as much as possible.

Usage Tips
========

Hawlucha works best as a late-game sweeper, aiming to break through teams once defensive threats such as Landorus-T, Mew, and Toxapex have been eliminated or sufficiently weakened. It is necessary to preserve Hawlucha's Electric Seed until this time, because otherwise, Hawlucha will lack the Speed necessary to outrun offensive Pokémon Pokemon. The Defense boost granted by the Electric Seed can allow Hawlucha to set up a Swords Dance on physical attackers, such as Zygarde and Bisharp, before breaking through the opposing team with its STAB moves.

Team Options
========

Tapu Koko is a mandatory teammate for Hawlucha because it can reliably set up Electric Terrain. Swift Swim users like Kingdra and Mega Swampert in conjunction with a Drizzle user such as Pelipper also synergize well with Hawlucha because they can break walls that Hawlucha struggles with, like Landorus-T, and vice versa. Ground-types, including Garchomp, Zygarde, and Landorus-T, also have good offensive synergy. Rockium Z or Smack Down variants of Landorus-T in particular help Hawlucha against stall teams. Additionally, Spikes users can provide Hawlucha with chip damage, assisting its sweeping capabilities; Ferrothorn, one example of this, can also wear down opponents foes with Iron Barbs and benefits from rain.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Substitute variants of Hawlucha that utilize a Sitrus or Liechi Berry can be used, but the lack of immediate benefits given by Electric Seed means that they are much less reliable at revenge killing; additionally, they struggle against faster opponents foes and are pressured to compromise bulk and power by running maximum Speed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority Users**: Ash-(AH)Greninja, Weavile, and Mega Pinsir can revenge kill Hawlucha by negating its Unburden boost. However, Hawlucha's Defense boost from Electric Seed reduces the damage done by the latter last two.

**Physical Walls**: Pokémon Pokemon like Landorus-T, Clefable, Skarmory, Celesteela, Mew, and Toxapex can take hits from Hawlucha and wear it down with status moves, such as Will-O-Wisp, or super effective STAB attacks.

**Offensive Pokémon Pokemon**: Pokémon Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Mega Manectric, Zapdos, and Tapu Koko can avoid the OHKO from Hawlucha's attacks and OHKO it in return, preventing it from finding an opportunity to set up or deal damage. They are at risk if Hawlucha is at +2, however.

just remember foes = opposing pokemon, opponents = opposing player. you have very nice writing overall, though!

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
[OVERVIEW]

Hawlucha has a useful niche on rain teams due to its incredibly high Speed stat with an Electric Seed and the Unburden ability, allowing it to become a formidable late-game sweeper capable of outspeeding even extremely fast foes, such as all common Choice Scarf users and Mega Manectric. Additionally, it can threaten out common answers to rain teams, like Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, and Mega Venusaur by virtue of its offensive typing. However, Hawlucha offers little defensive utility because of its low defenses, and its relatively low base Attack leaves it unable to OHKO foes such as Mega Manectric without a Swords Dance boost. Its weaknesses to many priority moves, such as Weavile's Ice Shard and Mega Pinsir's Quick Attack, also means that it needs to stay healthy.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Acrobatics and High Jump Kick are Hawlucha's STAB moves of choice because of their high Base Power. Because of the fact that Hawlucha's Electric Seed is used immediately after switching into Electric Terrain, Acrobatics' Acrobatics's Base Power is instantly doubled. Swords Dance boosts Hawlucha's Attack stat, allowing it to OHKO foes such as Tapu Koko, Mega Swampert, and Shift Gear Magearna. Drain Punch can be used to sustain Hawlucha's sweep by keeping it healthy, while Stone Edge can break through foes such as Zapdos.

Set Details
========

Electric Seed in conjunction with Unburden instantly doubles Hawlucha's Speed stat if it is brought into Electric Terrain. Additionally, the Defense boost it receives is helpful for allowing Hawlucha to set up Swords Dance more easily. Maximum Attack is used so that Hawlucha hits as hard as possible, and 152 Speed EVs help it outspeed +2 Landorus-T and Mega Sharpedo in addition to Sand Rush Excadrill in sand after Unburden (clarify). The rest of the EVs are invested in HP to improve Hawlucha's bulk as much as possible.

Usage Tips
========

Hawlucha works best as a late-game sweeper, aiming to break through teams once defensive threats such as Landorus-T, Mew, and Toxapex have been eliminated or sufficiently weakened. It is necessary to preserve Hawlucha's Electric Seed until this time,(RC) because otherwise, Hawlucha will lack the speed necessary to outrun offensive Pokemon. The Defense boost granted by the Electric Seed can allow Hawlucha to set up a Swords Dance on physical attackers, such as Zygarde and Bisharp, before breaking through the opposing team with its STAB moves.

Team Options
========

Tapu Koko is a mandatory teammate for Hawlucha because it can reliably set up Electric Terrain. Swift Swim users like Kingdra and Mega Swampert in conjunction with a Drizzle user such as Pelipper also synergize well with Hawlucha because they can break walls that Hawlucha struggles with, like Landorus-T, and vice versa. Ground-types, including Garchomp, Zygarde, and Landorus-T, also have good offensive synergy with Hawlucha. Rockium Z or Smack Down variants of Landorus-T in particular help Hawlucha against stall teams. Additionally, Spikes users can provide Hawlucha with chip damage, assisting its sweeping capabilities; Ferrothorn, one example of this, can also wear down foes with Iron Barbs and benefits from rain.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Substitute variants of Hawlucha that utilize a Sitrus or Liechi Berry can be used, but the lack of immediate benefits given by Electric Seed means that they are much less reliable at revenge killing; additionally, they struggle against faster opponents foes and are pressured to compromise bulk and power by running maximum Speed.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Priority Users**: Ash-Greninja, Weavile, and Mega Pinsir can revenge kill Hawlucha by negating its Unburden boost through their priority. However, Hawlucha's Defense boost from Electric Seed reduces the damage done taken by the last two.

**Physical Walls**: Pokemon like Landorus-T, Clefable, Skarmory, Celesteela, Mew, and Toxapex can take hits from Hawlucha and wear it down with status moves, such as Will-O-Wisp, or super effective STAB attacks.

**Offensive Pokemon**: Pokemon like Tapu Lele, Mega Manectric, Zapdos, and Tapu Koko can avoid the OHKO from Hawlucha's attacks and OHKO it in return, preventing it from finding an opportunity to set up or deal damage. They are at risk if Hawlucha is at +2, however.
GP 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)