VGC Having some success...

As the title says, I'm having some success with this team, though I may have just come across mostly favourable matches so far...

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 4 Def / 100 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

So much coverage, Ray, Xern, Yveltal, Palkia, Kyurem, Mewtwo, Salamence, Gengar, Weavile, and I'm sure there's more... The spread was stolen from a video I saw where this was paired with Tailwind Crobat but I haven't yet spent the time figuring out exactly what it does or if I can make it better.

Crobat @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Super Fang
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Haze

From the aforementioned video with Mega Mawile. This beautifully stops Xern in it's tracks, wrecks DV smeargle, sets up a nice tailwind for Kyogre and turns some nice 2HKO's into OHKO's with Super Fang.

Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 190 HP / 84 Def / 236 SpA
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

At this point my thought pattern was that I needed something to stop fire types and electric types and Gastrodon seemed to fit the bill. It OHKO's Talonflame, P-Groudon, Mega Salamence, Mega Mawile, Mega Gengar, Landorous, Aegeslash and Raichu, and 2HKO's Zapdos and Thundurus whilst being immune to electric attacks. Also, Storm Drain as an ability is great with all the Kyogre's around.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Atk / 30 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Protect

It 2HKO's Kyogre and will OHKO Xern with a Geo up, if for some reason you can't bring Crobat and taunt/haze. Other than that, it's just a thorn in the enemy's side that lasts forever on the field.

Dialga @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP / 66 Def / 124 SpA / 70 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Trick Room
- Protect

The team needed a way to hit Ferrothorn, it also needed Trick Room and another way to hit Ray was quite nice too. No idea what this spread does other than letting it run in both Tailwind and Trick Room, but it takes knocks like a champ and hits back hard.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 188 HP / 204 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Protect

And finally Kyogre got added as it could take advantage of the TailRoom options perfectly and I wanted both a second check to Groudon and Yveltal along with a guaranteed way to take out Ho-Oh. Thunder may get switched out for Water Spout soon, as I'm finding myself missing Water Spout more than I'm needing Thunder.

The one thing I feel when looking at this team on paper is that it doesn't like Mega Kang and struggles to take down opposing Dialga, but I've not really experienced that so far in practice.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Garble

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)