Mafia vs Village GUZMAfia - Game Over, Team Skull Wins!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i just wanna say this publicly due to smogon user vonFiedler being more defeatist than an archen w/ 49% of its hp:

it kinda sucks??? getting into a game u wanted to sub into but be plopped on a mafia team thats just whining about 'how luck and other factors out of our control fucked us over'. like really? we may still have a chance to win this, and u just say ur checking out. thats literally no fun

srsly
I've NEVER whined about a mafia game before this one. You've missed every stupid fucking thing that has happened to us in every cycle of this game that has been dragged out for no reason but to give us an ability that would have made a difference any cycle before this. Game should be called. Seriously stop being on my ass all the time.

I've NEVER whined about a mafia game before this one. You've missed every stupid fucking thing that has happened to us in every cycle of this game that has been dragged out for no reason but to give us an ability that would have made a difference any cycle before this. Game should be called. Seriously stop being on my ass all the time.
aren't u like, a mod? grow up a little dude

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ACTIONS IN LINE

Everyone looks around expectantly for a body like the bloodthirsty vultures they are, but none are to be found!

Announce said:
Paperblade and Twin are gay lol.

beast boost gud ability, hope you guys like our new toy ;)))))

+5 252+ Atk Pheromosa High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ariados: 284-334 (101 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It is now Day Six. D6 will end in 24 hours, 10 PM PST, 5/12, or with majority, or when all votes are placed.

Results going out.

Yeti

dark saturday
ENDGAME POST

Due to the night's events the Mafia have conceded.

First to admit defeat is obvious townsman vonFiedler.

Dear vonFiedler,
You are Lusamine

Hot chicks are crazy, use protection

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Silence USER” - you will silence your target.

Additionally, you have a mayor vote.

Additionally, you will mole the village as Guzma. If you are inspected or copped, you will return the following PM:

Dear X,
You are Guzma

IT’S
YA
BOY
GUZMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

As the leader of Team Skull, your vote counts for 2 instead of 1.

Additionally, you cannot be lynched.

You are allied with Team Skull. You win if the Aether Foundation and their Ultra Beasts are eliminated.

You are allied with Aether Foundation and their Ultra Beasts. You win if Team Skull is eliminated.
Next up is noted Goo-zma boi, Ditto.

Dear Ditto,
You are Gladion

Guzma’s hotel boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Type: USER” - you will martyr your target.

Your safe claim is: Gladion

You are allied with Aether Foundation and their Ultra Beasts. You win if Team Skull is eliminated.
Anti-Twin user Pidge is next to go.

Dear Pidge,
You are Faba

Beanstalk lookin

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Cop USER” - you will gain the win condition of your target. You do not know if you are SANE or INSANE, however. You cannot self-target.

Your safe claim is: Grunt B

The jalmont/Ullar slot is next to die.

Dear Jalmont,
You are Nihilego

Qt jellyfish parasite

You are a designated mole. You may write a role PM for any role name you choose to show up if you are ever inspected or copped. You will appear as this role PM to anyone you have claimed the role name to. You may write multiple PMs. If you have not claimed your role name to the person targeting you, your mafia role PM will show up.

Your safe claim is: Whatever you choose

Alas, newcomer Earlio does not come out of this game with a 100% win rate.

Dear Earlio,
You are Xurkitree

Freak of nature abnormal lookin thing just aint right

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Uncanny Valley USER” - you will replace your target’s results with whatever you choose. You must write up a result PM to be sent to your target. They will get it instead of their actual results, though their actual action will still have happened.

Your safe claim is: Guzma’s Guard Grunt

And finally, your beloved announcer, Former Hope, accepts defeat.

Dear Former Hope,
You are Celesteela

Does anyone else think automotize is extremely creepy like you’re literally shaving scraps of metal off of a living creature comprised of metal, does it hurt, how do they get those back, what do they shave off

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Announce CONTENTS” - you will post an announcement in the update.

Additionally, you may submit the coordinating Smogon User and their Role Name. If they match, you will kill them. You may only do this twice. If you submit the wrong UN and RN, you waste a shot.

Your safe claim is: Alola Raticate

And so the mafia fall! Defeated!

That means GUZMA'S BOIS, TEAM SKULL, HAVE WON!!!!!!!!!

I will put the remaining village PMs in the next post so it's easier to read.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The following is a story I wrote at the conclusion of the acidphoenix lynch and immediately deleted due to considering it rather rude. I am now reposting it only at vonFiedler's request.
Parable said:
The Parable of the Sketchy Stranger

One fine evening young Fort ColorCastle was playing at home, alone, his watchful parents having left for a few hours to enjoy a well-deserved respite.

Suddenly, he heard a knock at the door. Though his parents had often told him otherwise, he investigated, curious.

When he opened the door, outside stood a billowy figure in a large, dark overcoat wearing thick, beaded sunglasses. Immediately he assumed a large, welcoming smile with a bizarrely jovial cut:
'Hello, my young friend; do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior, Guzzlord?'

'My parents told me not to talk to strangers' said young Fort, perturbed and backing away.

'Now hold on just a minute little man' said the stranger, moving closer into the doorframe and placing his hand inside it. 'I have a very important message to spread of the moling and misinformation present within your household!'

'What do you mean?' asked young, innocent Fort, unaware of the stranger's sly tactics and bamboozlement strategies.

'I am referring, of course, to the present vindictive stance taken by them towards those who - just want to get a word in.'

'Well, what would you have me do then?' queried the young boy.

'Ah, you know I'm glad you asked that, my lad - VERY glad you asked that' chuckled the stranger, taking another half-step closer so that mysterious bulges under his coat started coming into focus.

'You see, right now we have a problem - yes, a very BIG problem that we need YOUR help with!' said the stranger.

'What kind of problem?', replied young Fort.

'Well, a trusted friend of mine, one Guzzlord La Phoenix, is being railroaded by supposedly "upstanding" citizens such as your parents, and we need YOUR help to make sure that the real culprit, one Blazade Goodman, is brought to justice in his stead!' exclaimed the stranger, growing ever more animated and making increasingly bizarre hand gestures.

At that moment, the boy's cell phone rang. It was his father.

"Son, is everything all right? We are down at the courthouse again providing testimony against this egregious villain".

"Hi dad! Well, I'm a bit confused, because this stranger came to our door and is telling me all about how it's actually Mr. Blazade Goodman's fault, and that maybe you should be - "
"Son, is this stranger still at your door? If so respond calmly, and back away very, very slowly."
Immediately Fort's pulse quickened, looking back slowly at the forced smile and glistening brow of the ever-closer stranger, leaning well inside the house now.
"Uh ya dad, just give me a sec and I'll make sure to take care of that..." he said, motioning to the stranger as if he had a chore to do.

"Oh that's alright lad, don't you worry about anything..." said the stranger moving his hand inside the house and towards Fort. Fort's mind raced as to what he should do, stuck between his father screaming at him to slam the door and the stranger's arm reaching out closer...and closer...and closer...

And at the last second, Fort slammed the door shut, breaking the stranger's hand. Ignoring the cries of pain, he slammed the door shut once more, this time for good - the stranger had instantly removed his hand from the door.

"Is everything all right son?" asked his concerned father.

"Yes, dad; I'm sorry - you told me never to answer the door and talk to strangers. I should've listen - "

"Don't worry about it, son. Just as long as you're alright".

Outside, the stranger removed his cape and answered a call from an associate of his at the Aether Foundation.

"How did the mission go, sir?" asked the voice over the phone.

"A temporary setback, nothing more" responded vonFiedler, grimacing at his broken hand. "Soon we will remove those meddlesome parents and the rest will be sheep for the herding."

"But what of Guzzlord La Phoenix?"

"He will be sacrificed for the greater good, brother. For soon, glory will be ours."

Yeti

dark saturday
The cardflipped villagers:

Dear Haruno,
You are Lillie

Guzma’s bag girl

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Stuff USER1 and USER2 in bag” - you will rogue your targets. If either one kills you, you will not die, but instead your killer will be revealed in the update.

You are allied with Team Skull. You win if the Aether Foundation and their Ultra Beasts are eliminated.

This was a miller role that would return the following PM upon being inspected:

Dear Haruno,
You are Lillie

Mommy’s living doll

If Lusamine dies, you will inherit her abilities plus an additional role.

zorbees:

Dear zorbees,
You are Ultra Ball

Guzma’s ball boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Bamboozle Insurance USER” - you will protect your target and their results from bamboozles.

Hitmonleet:

Dear Hitmonleet,
You are Bike

Guzma’s ride boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Give a ride to USER” - you will give your target a ride, but only if they are human. If they are not human, you will be informed.

The villagers who had survived and defeated the mafia:

Thetwinmasters:

Dear Thetwinmasters,
You are Guzma

IT’S
YA
BOY
GUZMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

As the leader of Team Skull, your vote counts for 2 instead of 1.

Additionally, you have a 1X BPV. The first time you are targeted with a kill, you will survive it.

Blazade:

Dear Blazade,
You are Ariados

Guzma’s spider boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “String Shot USER” - you will safeguard your target. If anyone attempted to target USER that night, their priority will be lowered the next night.

Fort Colorcastle:

Dear Fort Colorcastle,
You are Breakdancing Grunt

Guzma’s dance boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Danceoff with USER” - you will hook your target.

shubaka17:

Dear shubaka17,
You are Po Town Pokemon Center Grunt

Guzma’s Nurse Joyboy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Blissey USER” - you will learn your target’s killer if your target dies that night.

Additionally, you have a 1X Revive. Once during the game, you may select a dead USER to revive.

Lord Gaius:

Dear Lord Gaius,
You are Zubat Grunt

Guzma’s bat boy

Every time two villagers are mislynched, you gain a vigilante charge. Once you have a charge, you may reply to this conversation with “Zubat swarm USER” - you will kill your target. You may stack these charges but can only use one per night.

Texas Cloverleaf:

Dear Texas Cloverleaf,
You are Salandit Grunt

Guzma’s reptillian boy

Every time four villagers are nightkilled, you gain a vigilante charge. Once you have a charge, you may reply to this conversation with “Salazzledazzle USER” - you will kill your target. You may stack these charges but can only use one per night.

UncleSam:

Dear UncleSam,
You are Grunt A

Guzma’s henchman boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Cop USER” - you will gain the win condition of your target. You do not know if you are SANE or INSANE, however. You cannot self-target.

Aubisio:

Dear Aubisio,
You are Female Grunt

Guzma’s not-a boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Inspect USER” - you will inspect your target.

Paperblade:

Dear Paperblade,
You are Wimpod

Guzma’s babby boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Wimp Out USER1, USER2, USER3” - you will rogue your targets. If any one of them kills you that night, you will be able to revive by typing !SWOLE in the game thread. You will revive with new abilities. This role would evolve into Golisopod and gain its bodyguard ability if successful.

KnightsofCydonia:

Dear KnightsofCydonia,
You are Throne

Guzma’s seat boy

Every night, you may reply to this conversation with “Seat USER” - you will watch your target and learn how many members of Team Skull targeted them. If you successfully spot someone on your target, you will learn how many members of Team Skull targeted them on all prior nights as well.

Aura Guardian:

Dear Aura Guardian,
You are Shady House

Guzma’s home boy

You cannot be nightkilled. Ever.

Congratulations to the winners, Team Skull!!

I will do a postgame this weekend with my thoughts on the roles, players and general intentions behind things. Hope everyone enjoyed the game!

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
i was going to make a post about balance and shit but i talked to yeti about it on discord and i think i'll just c/p the log

Walrein-Today at 2:10 AM

i thought more about the balance
i'll talk about it in the post i make
ultimately i'm not sure if it really was scumsided? but really that was because there was such a dearth of safeclaims outside of the guzmole
aside from earlio every scum role claim was sketchy as fuck
(minus ditto but as we've seen martyr isn't alignment indicative)
so basically it came down to
the scumteam's roles were strong enough that they could just smash us early and steamroll if we didn't organize
but once we DID organize it was very easy to root them out
i think overall the word i would use is "swingy"
champyeti-Today at 2:12 AM
ye i think that is accurate
Walrein-Today at 2:13 AM
it's like
champyeti-Today at 2:13 AM
if they had better utilized ditto or jalmonts roles they couldve been in on the sheet better
Walrein-Today at 2:13 AM
on paper the mafia roles were much stronger
in terms of brute force
but in practice there were very few reliable claim options available to them
von could mole as guzma, but the caveat there is that if village leadership is established outside of the guzma pool
then resolving the guzma situation becomes low priority
and your mole efforts are wasted
ditto and former hope had obvious role claims, but neither role was proof of alignment
champyeti-Today at 2:14 AM
jalmont plumeria gg
Walrein-Today at 2:14 AM
lightwolf's role was super cool
and i'm sad we didn't get to utilize it more effectively
honestly the optimal strategy would have been to permanently disable cardflip
once texas was clean
and rely on him to make sure we hit scum
but then wolfy died
champyeti-Today at 2:15 AM
ye
ripwolf
i think there were definitely craftier ways to use it
than it was
Walrein-Today at 2:16 AM
yeah
i needed it disabled
the night i was alive
since the texas-pidge situation wasn't fully resolved
and then i died and no longer had a say
honestly i think the only two real mistakes i made
were not sheeting gaius that first night
and not trusting moody enough to have him on me
i think what i thought the BG situation was
was snype as the primary protective role
being a jailkeeper instead of a true BG in order to discourage the strongest role taking a leadership position
with earlio as a weaker protection alternative
champyeti-Today at 2:18 AM
he was an adventure kidnapper smh
Walrein-Today at 2:18 AM
i didn't know about the adventure thing
because sam didn't tell me he got a bpv
i just went on the way he worded his role to me
champyeti-Today at 2:18 AM
kek
Walrein-Today at 2:18 AM
which was effectively a jailkeeper + lynchguard
not really a true kidnapper since it didn't safeguard or silence/freeze

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following portion of this post will be controversial in the eyes of one UncleSam, but I think behavior can be used to clear players in certain situations, even in OC. Within the first ~3 hours or so, I was 95% sure that Paperblade, Lord Gaius, Fort Colorcastle, and Twin were town (hell, Twin would have been sheeted if Haruno's shenanigans hadn't planted a seed of doubt in my mind). Paperblade's general demeanor + incredibly flavorful Wimpod claim convinced me, and Twin looked good for similar reasoning. Fort came online and instantly said something along the lines of "so wait, which team is mafia again?" in the main channel - the fact that his tone was one of genuinely not knowing which team was mafia had me fully convinced that he was town, since if he was scum he'd obviously have a team PM. Gaius, meanwhile, was someone I spoke to privately shortly after the game began, and we had this exchange:

Walrein-04/24/2017
level with me gaius
are you mafia
LG-04/24/2017
nah
Walrein-04/24/2017
aight good talk
LG-04/24/2017
my role feels like it would look scummy though
real talk
Walrein-04/24/2017
interesting
when you say your role do you mean your character or your actual ability
LG-04/24/2017
not revealing much it profits as town dies
my abilities
Walrein-04/24/2017
that
is actually pretty par for the course
in a yeti game
wrt it being a town role
LG-04/24/2017
huh
Walrein-04/24/2017
trust me on this one
it's a balancing mechanic
yeti loves it
LG-04/24/2017
good to knowl

so yeah that pretty much convinced me he was clean

fun game, cool flavor, 9/10 would guzma again

Yeti

dark saturday
i'll say that the mafia got extremely unlucky claiming asek as a 2x vig - if this was a walrein or sam hosted game that claim would've fit perfectly in though the kill flavor would have still been roid rage or aether foundation.

especially in a game with not just one but two town death vigs, the 2x vig stuck out like a sore thumb. plus lord gaius had shot flyhn after the d2 mislynch, pretty much proving his role.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Warning: this post may contain traces of salt

Ok so we were joking in the discord server last night, we had a plan!!! But what we weren't joking about was... how much bullshit prevented us from winning this game. Notable bullshit: (note: we won if ANY OF THIS didn't happen)
  • We won if ANYONE idled day 4
  • Meanwhile, we won if Aubisio DIDN'T IDLE day 5 (he got a fake persuade from us and we tied the lynch as long as he showed up...)
  • We also lost due to a math error on day 4 on von's and my part, if we didn't make this math error we prolly would've won
  • And yeah the whole asek's claim thing, as well as the extension d3 and the lack thereof d5
I loved this game's design, probably my favorite, but unfortunately I could not enjoy the way it was played due to the likelihood of us winning and all of the bullshit that prevented it :[

Edit: actually I forgot to include another thing I'm happy about. This game was a team effort by all of the mafia which made me really happy, we all had our successes as well as our fuckups, but this is less common nowadays so this is good

Also earlio's role is broken as fuck lmao

Thanks for the game Yeti, and gg I guess village lol

Last edited:

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
we had reason to believe you had a fake results crafter (Sam and I both suspected something like it iirc), the fake persuade wouldn't have necessarily worked
way to be a killer of the buzz, fren

i wake up and my fake meltdown w/ von was for naught oh well

i didnt do jack diddly this game lmao, the roles looked fun tho

This game was fun other than imo there bring too many kills. Game is really swingy when Town has two vigs alongside the Extra Killer and Role Name Killer. I would probably drop role name killer and buff mafia somewhere else but yea still a fun time.

S/o to Twin Walrein Sam Shubaka and Paper my sheet buddies yall were fun, and anyone else I talked to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)