Strategy & Metagame GSC Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
So... yeah, I've seen some articles about DPPt, ADV and RBY from time to time, but not a single one about GSC. What I plan to write is a general guideline to play "true" GSC, since it's the black sheep of pokemon that people always have a bad and wrong impression of it.

Borat posted some GSC guides in the past years, but they are all very very long so I'm pretty sure a lot of people didn't read at all, so I plan to do something more concise: pointing the main differences, a brief description of the main threats, how to actually make something happen (as in to not brainlessly stall) etc. In sum, being objective and try to make the gen more appealing so people could give it a try, discuss it on the oldgens subforum, things like that.

I'm not sure if the deadline for this month issue is too close, but I actually CAN write the whole thing in a day or two.

Thanks, Jelli!

I believe in you, Royal Flush. :) Approved! The release date is May the 5th, which leaves you barely more than a week to get this done, but that deadline also has to accommodate the production team (GP/HTML/art), so what do you think about aiming for Issue #28?

I don't believe you have access to the Article Workshop, so please apply for Smog Access here and post in this thread once you've done so to let us know, so we can give you further instructions and approve you~

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Thanks sweetie :3 I requested access few moments ago, and yeah better to save for the next issue then!_! Looking forward to.

<3

Okay, accepted you! You should now have access to the Article Workshop~

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done ~2 weeks before the issue deadline if at all possible though, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

Thank you for your application! If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff or any of The Smog mentors (of which I am one) for advice~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)