Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Magnet Rise

The Mega Maw set was SubPunch because Heatran on my opponent's side was basically guaranteed because of Mega Maw. I could sub on the switch and keep spamming Focus Punch until the sub broke, by which time I'd ideally have gotten at least one kill due to the lack of sturdy fighting resists. Of course it never got to shine thanks to Wisp Volcarona but oh well. Next was a Heatran of my own for my opponent's Genesect. This was Sub to dodge a potential Bisharp's sucker and fire off a tasty Lava Plume. Taunt stopped any Skarm defog shenanigans. Next, we have Skarmory because, well, it's Skarmory, it checks so many things oml. This set was counter for in case Genesect was Shift Gear Blaze Kick (it actually was but it never got shown) and it also set rocks. Shed Shell would let me, in theory, escape Magnezone, who was guaranteed practically. Next was Excadrill in order to clean late game and revenge things like Mega Metagross, as well as Spin. Brick Break is for Screens from Klefki, which were a bit of an issue and significantly neutered Mega Maw's shenanigans. Next, we have Azumarill, who could do severe damage late game, and actually took out a 'mon or two before going down. 30 special defense IVs were to give a special attack boost to Genesect and reduce the chip damage Heatran would take from U-turn from choice sets, as well as stop it from getting the boosts for Shift Gear to reach +2 attack. Finally, we have Magnezone, who was there to remove Skarmory and check opposing Excadrill thanks to Air Balloon Magnet Rise, also allow me to trap and remove it.

My biggest concern with this was the general lack of a reliable Volcarona answer (and lo and behold it swept me), so I aimed to play in a way that I set up BD Azu as soon as possible, kept rocks up and kept Skarm healthy, and preserve Heatran in case it wasn't HP Ground. I did the first one, sorta did the second but failed to do the last because HP Ground Magne is fire oml

Names:
the maw of doom: It's got two dangerous maws that can OHKO stuff.
flaming spider8itch: reference to Vriska from Homestuck, on account of Heatran's spider-esque design (though missing half a spider's leg count) and the fact Vriska is obsessed with Spiders (or something like that anyways) Please don't kill me I'm not (complete) homestuck trash
gaf ladder intensifies: Reference to Jajoken 's gif accurately describing the initial GaF ladder usage stats
ima excadrill u bby: "I'ma Excadrill you baby" - ExaDRILL, innuendos and shenanigans. Also note the fact it's set to male. incoming bullshit angry tumblr rant from hypersensitive tumblrinas who can't take a joke
AZOO KAZOO: Reference to someone in an OU room tour who typed "AZOO KAZOO" into chat whenever Azu came out a while back.
attractive af: obvious tbh

Maybe I can last more than one round next time (if there is one) :P This did give me a new appreciation for Mega Maw in GaF though, but next time I still hope to have Lando-I if RNGesus can bless me sufficiently :3

Last edited:

lost heros

Meme Master
As pretty evident, my teams were for the most part constant only really changing up a few Pokémon, as such I'll post what I consider to be the "best" version of the team. Ironically I never used it because the match-up never called for it. Also, praise the sky reindeer.

Puny God (Shaymin-Sky) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Dazzling Gleam
- Earth Power

Sky Priest (Talonflame)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Heavenly Kingdom (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Church in the Sky (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Shield of Faith (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Thunder Wave
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Angel of Death (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

So let's start with our lovely god here. Shaymin Sky. Looking at its typing, stats and usage in ubers I figured it would be best suited for getting a switch-in, nuking something with seed flare, and then switching out. As such I gave it choice specs for maximum power. Seed Flare guaranteeing special defense drops is nice (when it hits) making it the real power move of this set. Air Slash is for flinch haxxing, and then Dazzling Gleam and Earth Power are for filler.

Then there's Talonflame. It has a pretty standard offensive spread. Roost, Swords Dance, and Flare Blitz are all pretty standard. The key here, however, is Acrobatics and the lack of item meaning Talonflame performs just as well as he does even after Shaymin-Sky dies. Besides that it's nothing special.

And now Mega Altaria. If there's anything that this tour showed, it's that this thing is very good. Dragon types are everywhere in Ubers, and Mega Altaria is the Dragon to beat all Dragons. It's set is also pretty standard, Pixilate Return after one Dragon Dance hits hard. The Mega Evolution spot can be changed to help counter team your opponents or the ladder. Mega Gyarados to beat Psychic teams, Mega Venusaur to beat Fairy teams.

Skarmory was my Stealth Rocker and Defogger and was solid utility. Roost to recover damage and Brave Bird for attacking cause it hurts.

Ferrothorn was another utility pokemon, spreading around paralysis and forcing threats out with leech seed and protect making it difficult for the opponent to keep momentum.

Landorus-T is Landorus-T. StoneQuake coverage for damage. U-turn for fast switches and Knock Off for utility.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I will also submit the only God and Followers team I have at the moment. I deleted all my teams a while back but built this one for the Last God Standing Tournament.

le team
le creator (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Magic Coat

le blob (Chansey) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Counter
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

le melody (Meloetta) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Hyper Voice
- U-turn

le round bear? (Snorlax) @ Leftovers
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Whirlwind
- Return
- Rest

le lizard (Heliolisk) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Thunder Wave

le burd (Braviary) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Seeing the team above and my position in this tournament, you're probably wondering "Where's Mega Kangaskhan
???". The answer is that I simply got rid of her after she shown bad performance in the first round of the Last God Standing Tournament and lost (Truly also because I wanted another Uber). I replaced her with only the best of the best (proven by Chloe.), since it was already a good Normal-type team, there was no other option than Arceus!

Arceus in this team is truly meant to abuse its lovely good Swords Dance Extreme Speed set without the worry of being vulnerable to hax from Pokemon including Darkrai with Magic Coat and Lum Berry. It takes down Uber Pokemon that have rather low defense and HP stats and can set up to fend off against the more bulkier Pokemon. With Earthquake, Arceus is also able to take down the Steel and Ghost-type Pokemon that resist and are immune to Arceus's Extreme Speed.

Chansey is meant to be a bulky healer that can pack a revenge "punch". That is literally just about it. Chansey also has the standard Seismic Toss to chip HP off of Pokemon who tend to just sit around, setting up or stalling.

Meloetta is the best special attacker this team could hold, having great bulk and SpA while having fairly high speed to move first. Meloetta is like the Special Arceus but in its/her melody form. It uses mostly just STAB moves to break the opponent and makes so much good use for it because it has Choice Specs. With Trick, it can switch its Choice Specs item for another item, locking the opponent into using just 1 move.

Snorlax... ohhhh Snorlax. You've done so much for me in that Last God Standing round one tournament. You've earned yourself a big pat on the back! Snorlax is one scary Pokemon to face. It's already bulky with high HP and SpD, but has fairly low Def. Even though it has fairly low Def, it paid itself off with that massive 160 base HP. Snorlax in this team basically sets up the move Curse to raise its good Attack and poor Defense higher while it also has a backfire of slowing down the Pokemon. In Snorlax's case, I wouldn't worry about speed. It has STAB return to do significant damage to foes that it gets put up against after several turns of using Curse. I gave it Whirlwind so that it could be able to force the opponent to randomly switch out their Pokemon to another random Pokemon if I feel that they're a threat. I also gave it rest so that if it were to have low HP in the process of setting up, its HP would heal straight back to 100% and everything will be fine... until it happens to get hit by a CRITICAL HIT DIAMOND STORM!!!
THANKS DIANCIE!

Heliolisk is Arceus-Melody's backup. Oh sorry; I meant Meloetta's backup. Like Meloetta, it packs in a lot of SpA to hit hard with its special moves. It also provides the ability to use STAB Electric-type moves which could help against Flying-type Pokemon and it has Water-type coverage to take down those Ground-types that try to beat it. WARNING: Water-type coverage IS NOT usable on Groudon-Primal so more than likely, this strategy would be bad if you were to face a monotype Ground team. This doesn't make Surf useless though because there are other Ground-type Pokemon who have a second typing that can be used in the monotype of those secondary types. For example: Rhyperior in a team where Arceus-Rock is the Uber. I personally use Thunder Wave just in case Heliolisk is facing a Pokemon that it can't defeat and I can't risk switching anything much to. I can at least make a last resort, or even a first resort, to make the Pokemon much slower and occasionally gain the inability to move during random turns.

Braviary in my team was solely in it for one job. That job is being a defogger. Braviary is one of the best defoggers that Normal-type teams could pray for to remove hazards before it's too late. He's somewhat bulky enough to take in more moves and with more attack than Skarmory, chip chunks of HP off the opponent. He has U-Turn to pivot around opponents and predict their actions usually after he's done defogging. The reason he has Roost is kinda self explanatory. The bird need to rest whenever he need to rest. When he has low HP, he can restore some of it back again thus being able to survive longer to use Defog whenever I need it.

Nicknames and reasons:
Former Pokemon:
le parent (Kangaskhan) Every Kangaskhan is a parent.

Current Pokemon:
le creator (Arceus): Arceus is the creator of the Pokemon world.
le blob (Chansey): Chansey is a blob.
le melody (Meloetta): Meloetta is the personification and symbol of melody and its essence.
le round bear? (Snorlax): There's a good chance that Snorlax is at least part round bear. I can't confirm it though.
le lizard (Helioisk): Helioisk is a lizard.
le burd (Braviary): Braviary is a burd.

Last edited:
Continue to post teams (especially the finalists, *cough* Chloe. ChrystalFalchion *cough*) but I'm going to jump in with a viability rankings update.

5★->4★
The council feels that Palkia simply isn't on the other level as other 5★ gods. MMence, Yveltal, Arceus and PDon define the meta, whereas Palkia is just kind of there. While its typing, power and follower potential are all solid (its ability to take on BU Fire Punch PDon fairly effortlessly is also appreciated), it lacks the ability to setup, reliable recovery and the potential to drastically change what kind of set it runs like the other gods in its rank. When teambuilding for GaF, you build to prepare for Pokemon like Arceus and PDon. You don't build to prepare for Palkia, and so we believe it should drop to 4★.

4★->3★
3★->2★
Both Giratina forms are underperforming, despite initial hype about their strength in the OM. Ghost types just aren't very useful in the meta, aside from nabbing a better matchup against Arceus-Normal, so Giratina is a lot less desirable than many of the other Dragon gods with better follower typings. While its bulk is impressive, the change in punishment lowered the value of fat gods that can just sit there and take hits, and even with Giratina-O, the offensive pressure and utility of the Pokemon just doesn't warrant using it as a top 4★ pick. Neither form of this god is totally worthless in the metagame, but their current ranks were overselling their usefulness.

4★->3★

Like in OU, Latias falls short of her brother in GaF. Despite better bulk (especially for taking on Kyogre), Latios' additional power is generally preferred in the meta, which has grown to be more offensive. Healing Wish, which is a staple move on many Latias sets and one of its advantages over Latios, is nearly useless in GaF because it instantly applies Embargo to your team. Latias still has her strengths, which is why she didn't drop further, but she's somewhat outclassed and thus her new rank reflects that.

1★->2★
Under the new god punishment system, using Deoxys-A is much less risky, so 1★ was very much underselling one of the hardest hitters in the game. Of course, it's not risk free, and there is a lot of competition for Psychic teams, but Deoxys-A HO is a more viable play-style than the ranks reflected.

2★->1★
Mega Kangaskhan is a terrible pick in GaF. While it does have a few boons over Arceus, choosing it over Arceus is already shooting yourself in the foot. As a Mega, Kagnaskhan prevents you from using Mega Lopunny, a key member of Arceus teams that allow the player to handily deal with the Rock, Steel and Ghost types that mono-Normal struggles with. This, combined with Kanga's generally low stats and move-pool diversity make it one of the most outclassed god picks around, meaning it will be right at home with other 1★ Pokemon like regular Groudon.

If anyone has any thoughts on these changes, discuss them below! Other nominations currently up for discussion are:

Rise
Drop
General discussion of Arceus form rankings

Thanks!

Last edited:
OK, as promised some of my teams from the Last God Standing Tourney.

The Skymin team I used against Chloe:

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Synthesis

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Roost

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Tailwind

The Lugia team I used against Grains of Salt:

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Roost
- Aeroblast
- Whirlwind

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
I was reluctant to post teams because of how much I counter-teamed when building, but I'll post a few anyway I guess.

As seen below, they won't work in a ladder based environment or when the opponent's god is unknown:

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I got PDon as opponent when I remember thinking I was picking Water Arceus, but the viability made me think Dark Arceus was a more solid option. So I ran Support Darkceus because any Arc with that bulk is just painful especially when everythings OU weak. When building this I ran Defog > SR on Darkceus for some really stupid reason I can't possibly think of right now, but I got the job done so it's fine. I chose the five Dark type mons I thought ground types would have trouble with most. Everything else there is standard I don't need to explain :S

deg is cute (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

deg is sweet (Lopunny) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Substitute
- Fake Out

deg is love (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

deg is funny (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

deg is brave (Staraptor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

deg is nice (Heliolisk) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Grass Knot

Sanjay with the Greninja. I didn't know what to expect other than DEG telling me he would bring Mega Sableye and stuff like that (he didn't luckily). Ran Chansey lead which sounds bad, but is actually worse in practise, I should've ran Smeargle but it's whatever. More HO because I'm very uncreative when it's not AG I'm playing. Lop > Pidg because superior and Dark types, Arc set is standard AG, PZ specs because I wanted power and had enough speed in Arc and Lop, Raptor seemed decent (I'm sure I had a reason to add it I just can't recall). Heliolisk was for the water types he could run. Greninja Stall would've honestly been really nice for him and I doubt I could've broken ^o^

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Roar

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 28 Def / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald
- Rain Dance

Barbaracle @ Air Balloon
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

Didn't like the Dialga draw but it wasn't too bad I guess. I stole the Waterceus and Barb sets from AG because they both work wonders (credit thimo for barb evs/set). He had no way to stop Barb at +2/+2 so tried to make a team that allowed that to come in and win. Ran another HO team :S. Volc obv for Steel types, Kingdra for Dragons, Azu to apply pressure and Gyara to slow them down if needed. In the game pretending to accidentally sack off Gyara seemed to work well enough so I could make him think I had no ground resist. Barb just came in and won.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stealth Rock
- Recover

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Relaxed Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Ice Fang
- Superpower

Barbaracle @ Air Balloon
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash

I stole every set from AG, which just sounds like me being idiotic but the sets don't differ that much between AG and standard play, so it doesn't matter. Ice Beam Lure TTar for the inevitable LandoT, assumed it would lead so had a pretty decent answer to LandoT that could just set rocks and win, but no he had to be difficult and send in something else :( Tyra + Terrak + Dianc seemed to be a must since all three were lovely against Yveltal, ran Tyrantrum to apply pressure when Aero should've been ran over it to prevent ground weakness that made me sack something to get Tyra in safe. Barb got haxed it's not my fault :(

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave
- Sucker Punch

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Flame Body
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

The idea behind this was to lead with Tyranitar/get Tyra in whenever I could early on just to setup rocks and cripple their lead or whatever ChrFal had. Following this I'd just follow with heavy attackers, standard how to play HO, blah blah. It didn't really work out as well as I'd hoped it would but it was one of the better teams I had from the Round 5 matchup. Standard AG Yveltal + Heat Wave over KOff/Taunt/Focus just because Mawile seemed threatening. The rest of the team was pretty standard in terms of sets, Sludge Bomb > WoW on Houndoom because Mawile is scary. Steel Wing on bird because fairies yet again. I tried to make sure I had Mawile covered well enough so any god couldn't threaten.

Anyway there's a team from each round, that was probably the best Round 5 team I made. If we ever have a tour like this again I wanna try something other than HO all the time, and not run Arceus the whole way through :)

A few updates!

First, ukerab has changed how the coding works to reflect my intended ruleset. Previously, OU's version of Baton Pass clause (where Speed + another stat cannot be passed) affected the entire team, despite the fact that Ubers lacks any such clause. This was never my intention, but I just never bothered to get it changed until recently. Now, the Pokemon in the first slot is free to break Baton Pass clause. The only real effect this has on the metagame is that Blaziken is a little better, as it can viably run Baton Pass to give one of its followers the chance to sweep if it is unable to do so. If you want, you can also run a mono-Water no Uber Smash Pass team or something, I don't know.

Next, I've added all the above Last God Standing teams to the archives. If something was built for a certain matchup, I listed it as such.

Finally, I've added some council-built teams for gods that lacked them. Check out:
  • Deoxys-A (two teams)
  • Darkrai
  • Xerneas
Expect some more teams to come -- the goal is to give every Ubers god its own team in the archive! Right now, even some high-ranked gods lack teams. If you'd like to contribute, these are the gods that have been neglected:
  • Arceus (multiple forms)
  • Mega Gengar
  • Giratina (all forms)
  • Hoopa-Unbound
  • Kyurem-White
  • Mega Lucario
  • Mewtwo (all forms)
  • Zekrom (Grains of Salt :L)
And also these, but they're low priority
  • Aegislash (has a team but it's really old and sucks)
  • Deoxys (N, D, S)
  • Mega Kangaskhan
  • Gothitelle
  • Wobbuffet
Thank you!

I built some teams that can be used as sample teams, if you like. I built some for Gods that don't have teams yet, and included a mini-rmt description. I don't have a whole lot of Gods and Followers experience so I might have missed some key threats, feel free to suggest changes.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Tail
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 188 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Mega Lucario is standard fare. It does a lot of damage with STAB moves but you can run Stone Edge cause this team is pretty weak to Ho-oh. Skarmory is pretty standard too, and it can check a lot of the Ground types that can hurt Mega Lucario. It's a shame about Primal Groudon though. Heatran has pretty good synergy with Skarmory, and it can check most Electric types. Between the two of them they can get up a lot of hazards to wear opponents down. It can Toxic stuff which is really important. Toxic is your only means of beating some pokemon like Slowbro, which is a real thorn in the side of this team. Excadrill is your standard revenge killer that can also remove birds. It doesn't have Rapid Spin because this team is really hazard-proof, so I just slapped on another Toxic to hit incoming Landorus-T on Groudon teams and stuff. Rapid Spin is probably pretty usable too, but really only against Spikes stacking teams. Keldeo is SubCM, which is pretty solid and can deal with some Water types that trouble this team. It beats the passive Water types that would check something like Specs Keldeo. Sub also lets you wear down Toxic'd mons (like Primal Groudon). AV Conkeldurr is a relatively uncommon set nowadays, but it serves the role of checking strong special attackers like Thundurus and Gengar, who can just click Focus Blast and get a kill. Thundurus is especially a problem cause it can't be OHKO'd by Mega Lucario, and it forces Excadrill to use Rock Slide.

Overall this team has some good wallbreaking power, and it's very status-proof and hazard-proof. But fuck Primal Groudon, seriously.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magician
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Final Gambit

Hoopa-Unbound has almost unparalleled power, and it distinguishes itself from Yveltal and Darkceus teams with handy Psychic types. The beast itself is using a Choice Specs set, I'm personally more of a fan of Life Orb Hoopa-U but Choice Specs was the most popular OU set before its untimely demise at the hands of the suspect ladder. Trick because it doesn't really need the coverage much. Mandibuzz is a solid defensive mon, and the team's best answer to U-turn and Ground types. It also clears hazards, and with Foul Play it can really hurt mons like Talonflame, Arceus, and Belly Drum Azumarill. Mega Medicham is another powerful wallbreaker with few true switch-ins. I'm using the double priority set (my favourite) to check offensive Pokemon since we got plenty of wallbreaking to go around. The main target is Mega Altaria, which can give this team headaches otherwise, but it also lets Medicham potentially revenge stuff that is tough to switch into, like Gengar, Tornadus-T, or the aformentioned BD Azumarill. Jirachi is the team's hazard setter and it actually has excellent synergy with Mandibuzz. It can also paralyze things, letting them be dealt with easier by Medicham and Hoopa-U. It's also a consistent switch-in to most Fairy types, although it can be worn down by them. Crawdaunt is another wallbreaker and a potential win condition. It can check Fire types like Heatran, who can be pretty troublesome otherwise, although it struggles to switch into most of them. For the last slot I wanted a Scarf user that could check Mega Scizor, so here's Scarf Victini. I considered Scarf HP Fire Latios (it would help with Manaphy, but that dies to boosted Scizor, and I had another Defog user anyways. Besides checking Mega Scizor, who can kind of have a field day with the rest of the team, it can revenge Manaphy, another threat that can just tear this team apart, although to do that it might be worth it to maintain HP for Final Gambit (Bolt Strike does like 75%). Speaking of Final Gambit, it's there cause I had Trick on Hoopa-U, but also because it can deal big damage to threats that are tough to handle otherwise, like Mega Charizard X. If it fails to kill something, you can pick it off with priority the turn after.

Overall, pretty solid team. Obscenely strong wallbreakers + priority is fun and handles a lot of different teams, in theory. It seems to be fairly stable and not overtly weak to any one threat oh wait Mega Mawile sheeeeeiiit.

I made a Kyurem-W team too, and almost finished a Mega Gengar and Giratina one but I think they need to be workshopped a bit.

Here's an analysis of a Pokémon hugely buffed from OU - Mega Altaria:

Mega Altaria is an extremely threatening Pokémon. Its typing is brilliant offensively and defensively; on the defensive side it boasts useful resistances to Fire-, Water-, Dark-, Electric- and Fighting-type moves along with a Dragon immunity. This lets it check dangerous Pokémon like Zekrom, Reshiram, Palkia, both Mega Charizards and Mega Gyarados. Offensively, only 3 types are immune to Fairy-type moves, and nothing (bar the unviable Shedinja) is outright immune. Despite its unimpressive (for a mega evolution) 110/110 attacking stats, Pixilate offers it strong STABs on both sides in Return and Hyper Voice. Its movepool is excellent too, with strong coverage in Earthquake and Fire Blast, boosting in Dragon Dance and some nice utility options in Heal Bell and Roar. This lets it run a wide variety of sets, and in turn lets it perform well for a plethora of different gods. While Dialga and Reshiram are usually its favourite gods, it can also perform well under Yveltal, Rayquaza, Palkia and, to a lesser extent, Shaymin-S.

However, Mega Altaria does still have its flaws. Its Speed is underwhelming, and its average base HP undermines its good defences. It also takes up your mega slot, and has terrible 4 moveslot syndrome. It also has trouble with common Pokémon like Primal Groudon, Dialga and Mega Scizor if not running Fire Blast. Base 80 Speed also leaves it outsped by most offensive Pokémon. But if you can provide Mega Altaria with the support it needs, it won't disappoint you.

Offensive Dragon Dance

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure / Cloud Nine
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost / Fire Blast

Moves

Dragon Dance patches up Altaria's low Speed and gives it immense power. Pixilate makes Return a 132 base power STAB with no drawbacks. Earthquake gets excellent coverage with Return, hitting the Fire, Steel and Poison types that resist it for super effective damage. Roost is recommended in the final slot to keep Altaria healthy and offset Stealth Rock damage. However, Fire Blast can be used instead to OHKO Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Scizor, who could otherwise wall this set.

Set Details

176 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature let Altaria outrun Mewtwo after a Dragon Dance. Attack is maximised to give Altaria as much power as possible. The remainder is placed in HP for extra bulk. Altarianite is needed to mega evolve Altaria - it simply is not viable without its mega stone. The EVs are fairly customisable. If you don't need the bulk, running max Speed is perfectly viable - that lets you outrun Mega Mewtwo Y at +1. Running an Adamant nature is viable too - Altaria will hit harder, and it can still outrun Weavile at +1. Don't run a Naive or Naughty nature with Fire Blast - Altaria really likes its bulk, and even with a reducing nature it still OHKOes Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, and 2HKOes Skarmory. Choose between Natural Cure and Cloud Nine depending on whether you'd prefer a cure to status, or the ability to revenge kill some weather sweepers on the first turn.

Usage Tips

This set is meant as a late game sweeper, so avoid setting up until the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened. If you're running Roost, this set can also be used to take some of the heat off Pokémon weak to Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Fighting, Dark, Bug type and Dragon-type moves. However, it does need to be wary of coverage. Early to mid game, throwing out Returns is mostly your best bet to wear down the opponent's team. Then, once the opponent's team has been sufficiently weakened, boost and try for a sweep.

Team Options

Dialga and Reshiram are the gods this set works best with. They can both swith into Ferrothorn, Scizor and Skarmory without too much trouble and OHKO them with their respective Fire-moves. Dialga can also set up Stealth Rock, and resists the Steel moves Mega Altaria is weak to, while Mega Altaria resists the Fighting moves Dialga is weak to. Reshiram also resists Steel-type moves, while Mega Altaria is immune to Dragon ones. Heatran can be used with Dialga and Reshiram, and in addition to demolishing the aforementioned Steel-types, it can also lure in Primal Groudon and either cripple it with Toxic or 2HKO with Earth Power. Rayquaza and Palkia are other wallbreaking gods this set can work well with - they can both smash holes in the opponent's team to help Mega Altaria clean later. Defog or Rapid Spin is strongly recommended, as before mega evolving Altaria is weak to Stealth Rock. For Reshiram teams, Latias is the best option; it can soften up walls, and provide Healing Wish support. For Dialga, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh and Yveltal teams, Skarmory is best. It and Mega Altaria have brilliant synergy together: the iron bird resists Steel and Fairy moves, and is immune to Poison moves. Mega Altaria resists the Fire and Electric type moves Skarmory is weak to.

Support

Altaria @ Altarianite
Impish / Bold Nature
- Roost
- Return / Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Roar / Toxic

Moves

Roost is used to keep Mega Altaria healthy for as long as possible. Return is used in case Altaria gets Taunted, and still does respectable damage thanks to Pixilate and STAB. Hyper Voice can be used instead if you'd rather hit physically bulky Pokémon like Mega Swampert harder. Heal Bell keeps your team free of status, particularly helpful for gods susceptible to Toxic like Lugia. Roar prevents opponents setting up on you. Toxic can cripple Pokémon like Primal Groudon, and wears down Life Orb users very quickly.

Set Details

The EVs maximise Mega Altaria's physical bulk, letting it check some fearsome physical attackers like Zekrom, Terrakion, and Mega Swampert, the latter's Ice Punch won't 2HKO. Run an Impish nature if using Return; a Bold nature if using Hyper Voice. A specially defensive spread is perfectly viable too - it lets Mega Altaria can beat Reshiram, Palkia and offensive Yveltal. Natural Cure is the best pre mega ability, as it can let you absorb an untimely Will-O-Wisp, and this set loses to most weather sweepers anyway.

Usage Tips

This set aims to use Mega Altaria's great defensive typing to provide cleric support for its teammates, and check strong physical attackers. Use Roost whenever a free turn presents itself so that Mega Altaria stays as healthy as possible. If running Roar, phazing opponents on predicted switches is a good tactic to spread entry hazard damage.

Team Options

This set doesn't need much support to do its job. Pokémon with Fire, Water, Fighting and Dark weaknesses like Scizor, Heatran and Reuniclus appreciate having this Mega Altaria around. This set can work with many gods, as all of them appreciate a cleric.

Bulky Dragon Dance

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 128 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish / Careful nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Heal Bell / Substitute

Moves

Dragon Dance patches up Mega Altaria's low Speed and gives it the power it needs to sweep. Return is the chosen STAB, hitting for a solid 132 power thanks to Pixilate. Since nothing is immune to Fairy type moves, Mega Altaria can afford to run it as its only attack. Roost restores Mega Altaria's health, giving it an easier time setting up. Heal Bell restores the team's status, letting this set double as a cleric. Substitute can let you set up on defensive Pokémon that can't hit Altaria super effectively, like Slowbro. Earthquake can be run, as that lets you OHKO Heatran at +1. However, that will make status more of a problem.

Set Details

8 Spee EVs let Mega Altaria outrun Mewtwo after 2 Dragon Dances. 248 HP EVs give it the best overall bulk. The remainder is split between the defences to give Mega Altaria great mixed bulk. Choose between Impish and Careful natures based on what side you'd rather take hits from. Running more Speed is an option; 64 Speed EVs let Mega Altaria outrun max Speed Rayquaza at +1, while 76 with a Jolly nature will outrun Thundurus at +1. Do note that Altaria will lose out on a fair bit of bulk if you choose to run more Speed.

Usage Tips

Early to mid game, this set should be used more as a support Pokémon if running Heal Bell. If not, this set should be kept hidden until late game. Without Earthquake, bulky Steel-, Fire- and Poison types will present a problem, so wait until they're down before starting a sweep. While this set may lack the offensive set's firepower, the trade off is it's much harder to revenge kill, so try to keep Mega Altaria's HP as high as possible.

Team Options

Dialga and Reshiram are the best gods for this set to work with, as they can both easily demolish the bulky Steel types that give this set problems. They both have decent synergy with Altaria as well; Dialga resists Steel type moves and is immune to Poison ones, while Altaria resists Fighting moves and before mega evolving is immune to Ground ones. Reshiram also resists Steel-type moves, while Mega Altaria is immune to Dragon ones. Since this set can't touch Steel types, strong Ground and Fire types make good teammates. Garchomp, Excadrill and offensive Heatran can smash through many of them; they can all also set up Stealth Rock, with Excadrill being able to remove hazards as well.

Special Attacker

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Heal Bell / Earthquake

Moves

Hyper Voice is a powerful STAB that also bypasses Substitutes. Fire Blast hits the Steel-types that resist Hyper Voice super effectively. Roost provides recovery, letting Mega Altaria fire off powerful attacks for longer. Heal Bell is recommended in the last slot to keep the team free of status. Mega Altaria also enjoys the USP of being a cleric with offensive presence. Earthquake can be used to 2HKO Heatran.

Set Details

84 Speed EVs let Mega Altaria outrun uninvested base 90s. 248 HP EVs give it great overall bulk. The remainder is placed in Special Attack for increased firepower. Since Mega Altaria lacks the raw firepower of Sylveon and Mega Gardevoir, this set separates itself with its great typing and bulk.

Usage Tips

This set plays the role of an offensive tank, taking hits and returning fire. Hyper Voice should be your go to move, due to its high power and lack of immunities. Due to this set's rarity, it can also lure in typical answers to Mega Altaria like Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Scizor and dispatch them with Fire Blast.

Team Options

Palkia is this set's favourite god; since it struggles with bulky Fire-types like Ho-Oh, Heatran (if lacking Earthquake) and Primal Groudon, Palkia provides an armada of strong Water-types that can soften them up, like Volcanion, Manaphy and Mega Swampert. They get good synergy with Mega Altaria as well - it can come in on the Electric and Grass type moves they fear, while they can come in on the Steel (and in Volcanion's case Fairy) moves Mega Altaria is weak to.

Other Options

Body Slam can spread paralysis, but it's overall unreliable and the superior power of Return is usually preferred. Facade ignores the attack reduction of burns, but Mega Altaria would much rather run Heal Bell to negate them altogether. Haze can be used on the support set to negate boosting, as unlike Roar it doesn't have negative priority. Agility gives a bigger Speed boost, but Dragon Dance is usually superior. It can be used with special moves, but Mega Altaria doesn't have the raw power to sweep specially.

Checks and Counters

Bulky Fire-types: Ho-Oh completely walls Mega Altaria and can cripple it with a Burn. Primal Groudon can take even boosted Earthquakes, and can cripple Mega Altaria with either a Burn or Paralysis. Heatran walls sets that lack Earthquake, and can stall it out with Taunt and Toxic.

Steel-types: Aegislash OHKOes +1 Speed Altaria with Gyro Ball, and is never OHKOed by Earthquake or Fire Blast. Ferrothorn, Skarmory and Scizor can wall any set that lacks Fire Blast.

Bulky Fairy-types: Unaware Clefable can wall Mega Altaria and 2HKO it with Moonblast. Defensive Xerneas and Fairy Arceus can survive a +1 Return, and hit back with their respective super effective STABs. The latter can also cripple Mega Altaria with Will-O-Wisp.

Faster Pokemon Mega Altaria is weak to: Weavile, Xerneas, Fairy/Steel/Ice Arceus and Dialga can outrun an unboosted Mega Altaria and OHKO with their respective super effective STAB moves.

Also, I think Fighting Arceus could move up to 2* or even 3* - it's much bulkier than Mega Lucario, and frees up your mega slot.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)