Genderfluid, real or fake?

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
http://assignedmale.tumblr.com/post/101757815287/assigned-male-a-webcomic-about-a-transgender

http://www.aissg.org/PDFs/Kessler-Medical-Construction-1990.pdf

"
Hi everyone,

My webcomic about a transgender girl's page, Assigned Male Comics, is currently down because it got hacked during the night, along with my personal page and the french version of the comic. After receiving several thousands of death threats in the past few days for making my art, my address was also posted on several forums. I am currently in a safe place and my roommate and I will move away before the end of the week.

Today. May 17th. International Day Against Homophobia, Biphobia and Transphobia. I just want people to be aware that this is what you get for being trans on the internet and for reframing transness into something positive and empowering. I'd also like to acknowledge that this attack was mostly planned because of four explicit reasons :
1. I am a woman
2. I am trans
3. I support non-binary people
4. I support intersex people.
"

erryday

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think what a lot of people are missing in this thread is that gender fluidity and "trans-" has only very recently been introduced to our culture on a noticeable scale. Yes, since the beginning of human civilization there have been cases of people identifying as a different gender than their biological sex, but it's only very recently (in a relative sense) that we've begun to accept and understand it. Right now there's a struggle between generations, the older of which is accustomed to the "two gender" model while the younger has adopted this "many gender" model. Most of the people on this site are of this younger generation who themselves are still in the infant stages of understanding this model due to being raised by the older generation who taught them a different perspective.

Tl;Dr I'll wager it's going to take at least 20-30 more years before this new model becomes the "norm"

Apologies if this is scattered or redundant, I've been drinking and I have two kids under two and thus haven't slept in months :)

Also ilu all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)