Gen V RNG Breeding Guide (gone again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for this. Took me a few hours of frustration, but I finally got the 31/31/31/X/31/31 Ferroseed with Spikes that I was aiming for. Would never have got there without this guide.

Hopefully the next one will go a little smoother.

Thanks again!

not sure if i got it right...
-i need to record a chatter for chatot.
-min/max frame is 8 for eggs.
-since npcs like to make things difficult,i need saving in front of egg-man (without talking him),then turning ds off.
-i start pressing X costantly from the season screen
-menu loads,so i listen to chatters to advance the frame by 1
-i quit the start menu immediately,then i spam the A button to retire my egg
-i hatch it,and it should be shiny if i checked that option

have i understood?

Sorry, I know it has been a while since someone posted in here, but I need help. I am using RNG generator 9.81, standard seed, and am attempting for a shiny flawless egg using the shiny egg calculator. I have my SID, and I do get correct result in terms of IVs, however whenever I try to get a shiny either I miss it by a slim margen (after chattering), or just get random results all together. Can you help?

If the game always begins in a random frame between 40-60, how is it possible to obtain frame 8 eggs? I have successfully RNG a lot of flawless shiny pokemon eggs, but I just can't figure out how to hatch flawless-non shinies. D:

Edit: Currently doing this.
Mom: Flawless adamant ditto@everstone
Dad: Flawless adamant magikarp (1500 steps to hatch, decent scapegoat)

1)Time Finder tab > Capture > Gen 5 Standard seed, frame 8/8, gift pokemon
2)IVs: 31/31/x/x/x/31.
3)Copy seed into main window and select BW Breeding + Ditto Parent
4)Find initial frame
5)Find a frame where Def and SpDef are inherited
6)Chatot all the way to it
7)???
8)Profit

Am I missing something?

A quick question regarding the PID % 6 method. I'm having a problem finding out my SSF using this method because all of my IV's are 31. Ive deduced that my mod 6 number is 3, which is speed. But from here do I stay on speed and that is my characteristic(Alert to sounds), or do I move clockwise to the next point?

Hi I'm new to the forum and to RNG abuse so please try to go easy on me. I've been struggling to get this to work for two days. I've followed the guides here and watched bearsfan's video tutorials and I keep having the same issue.

My problem is in the Calibration step. I've followed the guide and how-to videos exactly. I know my mac address, I use black *english* version and play on a dslite. Got that down. Synced my ds to an external clock and started it at a precise time which I entered in the paramaters page.

I am saved directly in front of Kyurem so I load my game, throw a masterball, calculate his IV's and enter that info as well AND..... I get nothing. No results have been found for me, ever. I tried several times with Kyurem, many times just inside the Victory Road, caught a variety of high-level pokemon and entered their IVs and still I never get any results. I am sure I'm not holding down any buttons when I start the game. I'm really at a loss. >.<

I can provide exact dates, times, IVs and any other information that might be needed for anyone to show me what I'm doing wrong.

Why would you choose to have your min frame at 70?
Isn't the starting frame 8? Wouldn't you want something closer to that?

I'm using the Shiny Egg Finder. The spread asks for 73 frames. Do I have to use a Chatot 65 times then?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
If the game always begins in a random frame between 40-60, how is it possible to obtain frame 8 eggs? I have successfully RNG a lot of flawless shiny pokemon eggs, but I just can't figure out how to hatch flawless-non shinies. D:

Edit: Currently doing this.
Mom: Flawless adamant ditto@everstone
Dad: Flawless adamant magikarp (1500 steps to hatch, decent scapegoat)

1)Time Finder tab > Capture > Gen 5 Standard seed, frame 8/8, gift pokemon
2)IVs: 31/31/x/x/x/31.
3)Copy seed into main window and select BW Breeding + Ditto Parent
4)Find initial frame
5)Find a frame where Def and SpDef are inherited
6)Chatot all the way to it
7)???
8)Profit

Am I missing something?
Why would you choose to have your min frame at 70?
Isn't the starting frame 8? Wouldn't you want something closer to that?

I'm using the Shiny Egg Finder. The spread asks for 73 frames. Do I have to use a Chatot 65 times then?
The Frame that gnerates IVs is on MTIVRNG Frame 8
The Frame that generates Nature/Ability/Shininess/Inheritance is on a seperate RNG called "PIDRNG"

When you collect the egg after you hit the seed it takes the IVs from Frame 8 of the MTIVRNG automatically. However you have to find the SSF of the PIDRNG on your own. RNG Reporter calculates the SF (37-58) of but the NPCs throw it off. Your Chatot Calls advance the PIDRNG.

Kiwi, The PIDRNG always begins on a "random frame". MTIVRNG always begins on 1 but Eggs take the IVs from 8

Razur, your confusing the 2 RNGs. 73-SSF = # of Advances

Hi I'm new to the forum and to RNG abuse so please try to go easy on me. I've been struggling to get this to work for two days. I've followed the guides here and watched bearsfan's video tutorials and I keep having the same issue.

My problem is in the Calibration step. I've followed the guide and how-to videos exactly. I know my mac address, I use black *english* version and play on a dslite. Got that down. Synced my ds to an external clock and started it at a precise time which I entered in the paramaters page.

I am saved directly in front of Kyurem so I load my game, throw a masterball, calculate his IV's and enter that info as well AND..... I get nothing. No results have been found for me, ever. I tried several times with Kyurem, many times just inside the Victory Road, caught a variety of high-level pokemon and entered their IVs and still I never get any results. I am sure I'm not holding down any buttons when I start the game. I'm really at a loss. >.<

I can provide exact dates, times, IVs and any other information that might be needed for anyone to show me what I'm doing wrong.

You want this thread.

Okay, so as an example:

Let's say I generate the list of eggs first. I find one I like, it says it's on frame 57. I go to the main window, paste the full seed, Breeding(B/W), put in the desired IVs, leave the nature as Any, so I can check the full list, and click Generate. I change the time to what the Time Finder wants, start the game 1 second earlier than that, and hold the buttons (if any). I spam the menu button after starting the game (with C-Gear off), view Chatot's summary, spam the A button after exiting the menu, and get the egg. Then it's *recommended* that I got to Victory Road, catch a random, and view the IVs. I compare those IVs to the list to determine which one I actually got. (And if I'm understand correctly, THAT'S my SSF?) So if the starting frame was originally 57, let's say I find the one I got on..... 70. 70-57+1=14, so I'd start the game at the same time as the first, go through the steps again, but I'd view Chatot's summary 14 times instead, then collect the egg?

Not exactly. You sorta mixed steps

1. You cant find that w/o going to the main window. You first have to look for a seed with IVs close to the ones you want your pokemon to have. Once you find that you "go to the main window, paste the full seed, Breeding(B/W), leave the nature as Any, so I can check the full list, and click Generate."

2. If you mean plug the parents into the "Display Parents" Tab then thats cool. However putting them into the main window limits the search options.

3. No you only do that to find out if you hit your seed. Timer0 likes to throw you off of your seed when you shouldve hit it. If you find the IVs on the Method 5 Standard Seed list then you hit your seed and you may proceed to hatch the egg. Find the IVs/Nature/Ability on the Breeding (B/W) list to find your SSF

I hope this helps cause I usually suck at putting my thoughts into words :P

The Frame that gnerates IVs is on MTIVRNG Frame 8
The Frame that generates Nature/Ability/Shininess/Inheritance is on a seperate RNG called "PIDRNG"

When you collect the egg after you hit the seed it takes the IVs from Frame 8 of the MTIVRNG automatically. However you have to find the SSF of the PIDRNG on your own. RNG Reporter calculates the SF (37-58) of but the NPCs throw it off. Your Chatot Calls advance the PIDRNG.

Kiwi, The PIDRNG always begins on a "random frame". MTIVRNG always begins on 1 but Eggs take the IVs from 8

Razur, your confusing the 2 RNGs. 73-SSF = # of Advances
Thank you greatly for your help! :D
I just got my Shiny Male Flawless Cleffa. x3
I'm so excited!

Hi, I am trying to breed a rotom for shinyness, IVs, and HP, and was sucessful in getting the IVs, and HP, but not shinyness. I know that I hit the right frame because that was the only frame that could produce the desired IVs for at least 20 frames, but it did not give me my Shiny. Could anyone explain why? I know I have my correct SID/TID combo, because I have had sucess RNGing for shinys in the wild. Can someone help?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So, I'm not exactly new to RNGing. I RNGed a lot in 4th gen, and have successfully RNGed quite a few times in this gen. However, the new RNG Reporter (9.93) has me a bit stumped...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/Kitsune_sweetie/error993.jpg

On the LEFT side, my shiny frame is 80. On the RIGHT, my shiny frame is 79. Both sides have an accurate TID and SID. The seed was C/P straight into the Seed (Hex) box.

What's the right frame???
You didn't mark the Ditto Parent check box in the main window.

I've been trying to RNG breed after having success with three different RNG wild encounter projects in BW, a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Deerling, 31/31/31/31/31/31 Frillish, and 31/31/30/30/30/30 Litwick. Now I'm stuck again.

Ok, I'm still having trouble hitting my seed, so I'm gonna post everything to make sure I'm doing it right. To be clear, I want a regular egg, not a shiny egg, with 31/10/31/30/31/31. The seed is F8BE773408BCA716, the time is 12/01/11, 02:35:42, with no keypresses, so I'm booting the game at 02:35:41.

Using Time Finder, with 3 Keypresses, under 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg, Year 2011, Month 12, Min/Max Frame is 50/100. Breeding Type Black/White, Everstone nature Calm, Nature and Ability Any, gender any, Mother's IVs 31/31/31/31/31/31 and Father's IVs 31/10/31/30/31/18. Ditto parent and show inheritance boxes are checked. Enter the desired IVs, and hit generate.

Pick a seed that matchs everything I want, it inherits the HP and Sp. Attack IVs from Ma and Defense IVs from Fe, has a Calm Nature, Ability 0, Dream Ability False, and there is an M under the 12.5% column.

C+P from Time Finder to the main window, Method Breeding BW, Everstone Nature Calm, the desired IVs/Nature/Ability/Gender aren't filled in. Ditto Parent is checked off.

I boot the game at 02:35:41, no keypresses, press A when the comet appears, mash X as the season fades, grab the egg as fast as possible, and hatch it. It doesn't match anything on the list of frames for that seed.

What am I doing wrong?

I've been trying to RNG breed after having success with three different RNG wild encounter projects in BW, a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Deerling, 31/31/31/31/31/31 Frillish, and 31/31/30/30/30/30 Litwick. Now I'm stuck again.

Ok, I'm still having trouble hitting my seed, so I'm gonna post everything to make sure I'm doing it right. To be clear, I want a regular egg, not a shiny egg, with 31/10/31/30/31/31. The seed is F8BE773408BCA716, the time is 12/01/11, 02:35:42, with no keypresses, so I'm booting the game at 02:35:41.

Using Time Finder, with 3 Keypresses, under 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg, Year 2011, Month 12, Min/Max Frame is 50/100. Breeding Type Black/White, Everstone nature Calm, Nature and Ability Any, gender any, Mother's IVs 31/31/31/31/31/31 and Father's IVs 31/10/31/30/31/18. Ditto parent and show inheritance boxes are checked. Enter the desired IVs, and hit generate.

Pick a seed that matchs everything I want, it inherits the HP and Sp. Attack IVs from Ma and Defense IVs from Fe, has a Calm Nature, Ability 0, Dream Ability False, and there is an M under the 12.5% column.

C+P from Time Finder to the main window, Method Breeding BW, Everstone Nature Calm, the desired IVs/Nature/Ability/Gender aren't filled in. Ditto Parent is checked off.

I boot the game at 02:35:41, no keypresses, press A when the comet appears, mash X as the season fades, grab the egg as fast as possible, and hatch it. It doesn't match anything on the list of frames for that seed.

What am I doing wrong?
You're supposed to go into the game a second before your target time.

I'm trying to breed a pent-flawless shiny Axew (shiny Hax is my favorite shiny ever). I keep getting frames hundreds of frames off when I look for my SSF. Is it because I have a A+B+Right keypress? How would I adjust my timer0 to this?

Great Thread

I just had to comment on my success. I followed the thread all the way through and got my Shiny Perfect Sneasel. I am so giddy and gleeful right now.

Hi, i'm doing Method 1, hitting my IV's just fine. But for some reason when i get the nature passed by everstone, i ALWAYS get the same ability.
Now, if i read correctly, i should be getting random nature/ ability with method 1 because i'm not abusing it and leaving it up to luck, and about 50% of the time i'm getting a different nature, as expected, but whenever i get the everstone nature, it's always the same ability.
This is dozens of attempted hatchings later.
Is there anyway i can work around this without having to resort to method 2? Or am i just getting hit by freak conincidence and am fine to persevere?

First of all, a big thank you to every contributor who made RNGing on B/W possible and so user friendly.

I have one but silly question: in the Time Finder, Egg tab, what does exactly "Min/Max Advances" state for ? Are these the theorical chatot chatters needed to land on the right PIDRNG seed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)