Gen 7 Gen 7 anything goes.

Feel Free to take my team and rate it.
https://pokepast.es/c3792525504445ef
Information
1. Eevee. I would advise that you start with eevee. If eevee's 'anticipation' activates, switch out to another mon, (ninjask recommended). If eevee's anticipation doesn't show up, then click extreme evoboost and use baton pass to another Pokémon of your choice. If you would like a little extra speed, baton pass to ninjask and use speed boost by protect and substitute. And to upgrade attack, use swords dance.

2. Kyogre.My advice on using kyogre is very simple, use origin pulse or water spout for a very strong attack. With eevee's extreme evoboost, you can one hit most of the opposing teams pokemon.

3. Groudon. Groudon has the move 'eruption' and 'dragon tail' which can be very useful. Also with eevee's extreme evoboost, you can one hit most of the opposing teams pokemon by using eruption/ any other move.

4. Ninjask. Ninjask has mostly been explained in the first step, however what you need to know is that ninjask has NO ATTACKING MOVES. I would like to say that he has baton pass for the speed boost that ninjask will get.

5. Mewtwo. Mewtwo has 'psywave' 'shadow ball' and 'Psystrike'. Mewtwo also has the move calm mind if you believe that you have time and can spare some xp.

6. Marshadow. Marshadow has the move 'spectral thief' which is a very useful move for stealing the opponents raised stat changes. Also, Marshadow has 'shadow sneak' which, if you didn't know, is a move that is faster than most and is great if you Pokémon is slower than your opponents.

Advice
Dont put all of your faith in eevee as eevee may be OHko'ed and also, if the opposing team has a pokemon with the item 'focus sash' and the move 'haze', then your boosts will be wiped out and you will be stuck.

That is all i think you need to know, if you need anything else, please comment and i will be happy to help.

Thank you for reading and using my team.
If you can, please rate.
PikachuSniffer.

Last edited:

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hey there! I suspect this thread may be locked shortly, but in the meantime, I'd recommend you look at some of these resources for Gen 7 AG.

This is the Viability Rankings, which I think may help you in terms of identifying which Pokémon are most viable/you're most likely to see often in the metagame.

And then this is a link to the Gen 7 AG sample teams, which you might find helpful as well.

As for your team specifically, I think there are some issues. I understand your intent with using Ninjask and Eevee to Baton Pass their stat boosts to other very offensive Pokémon on the team, but in a case like this, I think you'd be better off either using an offense team without Ninjask and Eevee, or using a full Baton Pass team.

In the first case (offense without Baton Pass), I believe you could still use similar sets/Pokémon and just make a few changes. I think you'd really benefit from an Arceus forme, as they are so hard to pass up when teambuilding in Gen 7 AG. I quickly made a few edits here in case you'd like to check this out. Chople Berry on Arceus-Normal is for absorbing Marshadow's Close Combat; it will cause a lot of damage, but you're guaranteed to survive an uninvested Close Combat and Shadow Claw has a chance to OHKO Marshadow in return (guaranteed OHKO if you've already Swords Dance boosted). Fairyceus is a pretty good Stealth Rocker and threatens Mega-Rayquaza significantly. The Primal Groudon EVs I made to keep your intent of a bulky Pdon. These allow you to always survive an Adamant Life Orb Mega-Rayquaza's Earthquake, and of course respond in turn with Dragon Tail. The EVs also allow you to seriously hurt Xerneas. You're guaranteed to survive a +2 Focus Blast, and while Precipice Blades won't OHKO in return, it will cause massive damage that can allow for Marshadow or Arceus-Normal to finish Xern off with their priority moves. Mega Mewtwo Y I changed your set around a little to help you with coverage. Psystrike was a good choice on your end, so good job there (it heavily threatens most things but particularly stall teams if a Blissey or Chansey try to wall you). Fire Blast slams even Special-Defense invested Necrozma-Dusk Mane, easily 2HKOing after a Calm Mind boost (with an uninvested Sunsteel Strike not OHKOing you in return). Focus Blast is meant primarily for Tyranitar, which would otherwise Pursuit trap this set. The EV spread is to increase your chances of surviving a Life Orb Shadow Sneak from Marshadow. Without Life Orb, Shadow Sneak will not OHKO this set. Lastly, I changed your Marshadow set around slightly (you want more power on it than Focus Sash can provide you), and since you were without a Z-move, I added it there.

I think I covered the parts of most note. The team is definitely not perfect, but I hope the edits help! I tried to keep the original intent of your team as much as possible. As always, keep playing and see what works and what doesn't. The best way to improve in any metagame is to keep playing and tweaking along the way.

In the second case (a full Baton Pass team), I'm not the most well-versed with this team style, but generally what you want is to create a full Baton Pass chain. This is to say that you continually Baton Pass boosts around from one Pokémon to another on your team and try and prevent phazing (forcing your Pokémon out so that their stat boosts disappear) along the way. This can be done in a few different ways. There are moves like Ingrain and Aqua Ring that prevent phazing (they ground and trap your Pokémon in, but they can still be Baton Passed), or another popular option is to use Mr. Mime. Mr. Mime is an excellent option on many Baton Pass teams because not only does its ability, Soundproof, prevent Roar, but it also prevents the use of Perish Song, which would otherwise halt the progress of your Baton Pass team since Perish Song is Baton Passed along the chain.

While this team is a few years old at this point, Xynix made one of the most successful Gen 7 AG Baton Pass teams, so you might want to check it out in the RMT she wrote up.

Hope this all helps, and good luck! :)

Geysers

But my sorrows, they learned to swim
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello! This looks like a cool team concept but evopass is notoriously bad because you can just ohko the eevee. Generally, smashpass is a more reliable strategy, using Smeargle to baton pass boosts around. To that end, I'm going to attempt to rework your team into something in the smashpass mold that should hopefully preserve the original spirit of the team while also working a lot better.

Major Changes
:ss/ninjask: :ss/smeargle:
Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Whirlwind
- Baton Pass
- Shell Smash

This set should work far, far better, sporing opponents then setting up on them and baton passing to a teammate to sweep, while also being able to block opponents from abusing its passivity by setting up on it behind a substitute. An additional benefit of smeargle over eeveepass is that it can be reusable. If you get lucky enough to baton pass without having smeargle's sash broken, you can potentially use it again later in the game.

:ss/eevee::ss/rayquaza-mega:
Rayquaza-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- V-create

Mega Rayquaza, while normally able to use better items than a focus sash, really appreciates it here, allowing it to function as a deadly self-imposterproof shell smash receiver. Eevee is flat out unviable in usum ag, so having another sweeper here is really great. This does take up your mega slot, so mewtwo will have to go as well, but that's ok!

:ss/mewtwo::ss/arceus-ghost:
Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Focus Blast
- Judgment

This set provides invaluable defog support, helping to keep focus sashes on Mega Ray and Smeargle intact so they can last as long as possible, while also providing stealth rock support to beat random midgame sashes and being a self-imposter-proof sweeper. If smeargle passes to Arceus-Ghost, opposing Ditto is utterly incapable of doing anything back since it won't have a spooky plate, making this a great smashpass receiver. Mega Mewtwo Y, by contrast, is a really bad smashpass receiver because of its ditto weakness and overal weakness to priority, and moves like psywave are complete wastes on smashpass recievers.

Minor Changes
:ss/kyogre-primal:
Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Water Spout

This set should be much better, adding a nature so you can go faster, and switching to a 4 attacks set that isn't walled by Arceus-Water. This isn't a great smashpass receiver, but it can definitely put in work still.

:ss/groudon-primal:
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Just switching some moves up here so you can do more damage, fire blast is better than eruption since you'll be getting chipped, while rock tomb hits stuff like Ho-Oh for good damage. HP Ice hits zygarde, which would otherwise wall this, and means that after a shell smash, there's just about nothing that can eat a hit from this.

:ss/marshadow:
Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Pursuit

Focus Sash Marshadow is utterly unviable, no matter the team. This set should be a straight upgrade, as Brick Break was totally useless. Between Pursuit and Shadow Sneak you should be able to trap and remove pokemon like Mega Gengar that could threaten to give your Smeargle a hard time.

Hopefully these changes help you do better with your team!
:kyogre-primal::groudon-primal::arceus-ghost::marshadow::smeargle::rayquaza-mega:
Click the sprite for an importable!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)