Gen 6 Articles Claims/Suggestions

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
I have an OU priority article written up and ready to go in Word, could i post it?

Now that Uber through to NU have there tiers sorted out, I would like to make a Core Crisis lll. Some help would be good also, especially in the NU-RU area.

(I could just do OU, Ubers and UU)

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi. From now on, speed tiers and threatlists are being carried out in the tiers forum. Please ask a mod from that tier to write it.

CyclicCompound

is a bicycle person thing
is a Contributor Alumnus
TRC, Jukain, Magnemite, and I were talking and we decided it would be a good idea to have an article overviewing the most common playstyles and team archetypes in OU. Our main objectives in writing such an article would be:
  • Educate players on the basic facets of the OU metagame in an efficient manner.
  • Help players to understand what they're up against when they face another team through exposing them to many playstyles.
  • Provide an easy reference for players teambuilding in an unfamiliar playstyle.
What we were thinking of is a rather simple and objective description of common playstyles in OU, detailing how they aim to win, very brief descriptions of the Pokemon typically seen (e.g. Bisharp on Spikes offense, or clerics on Mega Charizard X stall), and the strengths and weaknesses of each playstyle. We're not writing in-depth essays on each playstyle, rather, they're a collection of entries similar to a threatlist that should be easy for newer players to read and understand, and get a grasp on the metagame and its style without being overwhelmed too much by individual strategies.

Ok, so I want to do an article that will cover teambuilding and cores. It will:
  • Teach players about Synergy through typing
  • Teach players about Synergy through pokemon defeating others counters
  • Give examples of common cores, and how:
    • They fit in teams
    • They Work
    • There counters
    • Pokemon that work well with them
This would help newer players get into teambuilding; rather than slaping 6 random pokemon together and calling it a team.
macle?

Last edited:

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so I want to do an article that will cover teambuilding and cores. It will:
  • Teach players about Synergy through typing
  • Teach players about Synergy through pokemon defeating others counters
  • Give examples of common cores, and how:
    • They fit in teams
    • They Work
    • There counters
    • Pokemon that work well with them
This would help newer players get into teambuilding; rather than slaping 6 random pokemon together and calling it a team.
macle?
Dear tutee,

I don't think you have the experience to write a quality article of this magnitude all by yourself. You may want to get a friend/partner/mentor to help work with you on this task together.

With love,
tutor

Dear tutee,

I don't think you have the experience to write a quality article of this magnitude all by yourself. You may want to get a friend/partner/mentor to help work with you on this task together.

With love,
tutor
Dear Tutor,

Sad Face. As my (former) tutor, shall you help me?

Hello :) I would like to write a guide to Rain Offense in OU. I would like to include several tips on how to make full use of Drizzle, despite the nerf this gen. I have played a lot around with different Drizzle-teams and setups this gen, and I have a general good knowledge of what works well on a offensive Rain-team.

I would like to write a guide to stall (also known as "Paranoid Stall") for the Balanced Hackmons metagame. "Paranoid Stall" is a very powerful playstyle that's exclusive to the BH metagame, it's also extremely difficult to use.

Also tagging AWailOfATail to help me write it since he's one of the best at it.

Last edited:

RockRocks

Banned deucer.
I would like to do the NU Threatlist when NU is official, as I have considerable experience with the tier. I'll need a lot of help, of course, so if anyone would like to work on it with me that would be great. :)

macle?

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to do the NU Threatlist when NU is official, as I have considerable experience with the tier. I'll need a lot of help, of course, so if anyone would like to work on it with me that would be great. :)
Threatlists are being handled in the respective forums. So ask NU tier leader when its official.

Would I be able to start an article on why to play balanced hackmons?
sure

I would like to write a guide to stall (also known as "Paranoid Stall") for the Balanced Hackmons metagame. "Paranoid Stall" is a very powerful playstyle that's exclusive to the BH metagame, it's also extremely difficult to use.

Also tagging AWailOfATail to help me write it since he's one of the best at it.
This went widely ignored :(

I would like to start doing this now if you accept macle

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unlike analyses, the articles will not necessarily be first come first served, especially for the most lengthy, complicated and important guides. Don't let this put you off from helping though, even if we think it best for someone else to run it no article is a one person job. There will be a lot of content checking to be done and discussion to be had, especially for the threat lists where almost all the work is done by the C&C community.

Mechanics articles:

Sixth Gen Changes

Ideally written by someone involved with 6th gen testing, or at least with the help of people who have been. A section for major changes which players will run into often in battle, then later sections with more detail. The removal of various 4th and 5th gen "glitches" should be noted. New items and abilities need not be covered by this (they will have their own pages once the site is updated with 6th gen), only changes to existing mechanics.

Triples / Rotation / Inverse Mechanics

Collect up all the information we have about how the alternate formats function, try to get anything you are unsure about tested. Depending on how many differences there are from standard play and how much detail is given, this could conceivably be split into three.

Threat Lists

Threat lists will be run as community projects. Each Pokemon will receive a very brief description of its abilities. Examples of entries for each threat list will be provided before the projects start. If you wish to be in charge of a threat list you will be responsible for organizing contributions to it and most importantly ensuring quality in all submissions by correcting or rejecting substandard ones. You should have significant knowledge about the metagame, be able to write well and organize a group, and be willing to dedicate some time to the project.

From now on they will be done in the individual tier's forum.

Speed Tiers

Speed Tiers are best run by a single individual with considerable metagame knowledge, though having several others checking their work is very important. Speed Tiers are much easier projects to run than Threat Lists. Speed tiers do not require much complex writing, just a straight list of what to include in this format:

Speed / Pokemon / Base Speed / Nature (+Spe, -Spe, or Neutral) / EV Investment / Boost

From now on they will be done in the individual tier's forum.
Have these all been finished?

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The threat lists and speed tiers are WIPs within their individual subforums as far as I know. The first two listed there are not being worked on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)