Resource g4y 4rch1v3 by fr3n b3n 69 ¯\_(.3.)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credits to Tom Bus for making this epic banner n_n

Introduction

Hallo fwends :3. Ben goat back at it again with another team compendium, but this time chronicling my fully vetted experiences in the ever-changing metagame of sun and moon overused. It's been a long time desire of mine to want to create something like this again, and the new generation gave me the right motivation in doing so. I would've finished this much sooner, but having to go through multiple revisions of almost every team in order to stay current with the meta compelled me to want to put out a collection I can proudly stand behind. The teams I've chosen obviously are solid enough to stand on their own, but they also showcase the degree of creativity, versatility, and ingenuity that I myself am known for. With that being said, there's a lot I want to talk about so let's get straight into it! Apologies in advance if this thread may be too 'homophobic' for some people, yes I know I'm using gay unironically in 2017 lay off lol. (DISCLAIMER: These teams are for mosa meta and obviously should be tweaked once banned. I'll let you have the liberty in doing so, it's better if you come to your own conclusions on what's good and what isn't.)

Teams

Team #1:

Starting it off with a team I used in my last week of playing in spl vs Finchinator. It revolves around trapping support from dugtrio and tapu fini to support my two breakers in charizard and pheromosa. Zardy requires a bit of support in order to function properly, but is absolutely devastating with not much good counterplay to it. The spread lets me switch into timid fire blast from opposing zardy after mega and not get 2hkod, which ironically is my own counterplay vs it. It also isn't ohkod by jolly pinsir's return and metagross' thunder punch among other things. Defog might be a huge question mark for a lot of you since zardy is 4x rocks weak, but it actually beats the majority of the common sr users in the tier like fat land, fat chomp, ferro etc., thereby relieving pressure off skarmory as my other form of hazard control. Being able to clear off toxic spikes from toxapex is also very much appreciated for my other members. Tapu fini is my way of breaking stall, being able to eliminate chansey, heatran, and toxapex for zardy to sweep. Defog on this isn't ideal since fini doesn't have reliable recovery, which is contradictory for a bulky balanced team like this. Skarmory is self explanatory and offers the team hazard control and an initial answer to physical set up sweepers. Having double defog also means I can win the hazard war unless they have more than one sr user. I opted for whirlwind over counter since most of my other members can pressure physical threats like landorus and mawile. Rocky helmet is a must over shed shell in order to punish physical attackers like gross, scizor, gyara etc.. This does make the team more susceptible to pinsir+mag, but its a risk I'd be willing to accept especially since this isn't a passive stall by any means. Trapping mag with dugtrio or pressuring with zardy would be the best course of action vs those builds. Assault vest tangrowth is a crutch that most people use to patch up weaknesses, and it performs famously as a bulky offensive pivot. Giga drain over leaf storm for much needed longevity and hp ice to better combat ground types that are 4x weak to it. Dugtrio eliminates heatran, toxapex in case fini can't for some reason, and revenges tyranitar, volcarona, and charizardx reliably. Pursuit gives me a better out vs threats that can switch out like thundurus, gengar, and marowak and sucker punch is needed priority that comes in clutch on a somewhat slow team like this. Memento was initially nice filler to support mosa and prevent set up, but stone edge became mandatory because qd fat volc would otherwise 6-0, also it gives the team a way to outspeed and ohko a huge threat in pinsir. Reversal wasn't needed when the team has an extremely potent fighting threat in mosa. Speaking of pheromosa, I can confidently say that it's the most ridiculous mon in ou that pretty much autowins if given a free qd, which is extremely easy due to the amount of switches it forces. The moveset is standard but 32 def evs are there to live an hjk from opposing scarf +atk mosa in case you lose a tie, as well as band espeed from adamant zygarde. It also lives scarf land's earthquake and metagross' bullet punch after two sr switchins guaranteed. Specs ashgren can't ko you after a qd and the only other relevant priority user that can ko you is pinsir which skarm helps vs. There have been numerous variants of this sort of archetype running around, but this is my final version that I adapted from the team I used in my first game in spl (that one had a lot of flaws oops :x).
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 120 HP / 148 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 12 SpD / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam

Team #2: The power of my fire could melt the steelest of beams!

This team took a while to make to say the very least. Starting out from having torkoal, mandibuzz, and terrakion I'm quite pleased on how to it turned out. njnp used this week 2 of spl vs eo and started the zong, venu, fini fad that seemingly persisted throughout the weeks. Fire types are especially threatening in sun moon so I wanted to try out marowak paired with zardy. Venusaur is an obvious addition to give the team speed control as well as a water and electric resist. Fini completes the fwg core and provides much needed defog support. Zardy is the primary wallbreaker for this team, being able to decimate almost everything with just fire and grass coverage. It's modest fire blast over flamethrower because wak and venu also have fire coverage to spam and zard doesn't necessarily need the extra pp with damage output better suited in its case. It was originally hp ice to keep zygarde and garchomp at bay, but the team was threatened by the presence of mawile in the tier. Will-o-wisp is chosen as a midground to neuter both those targets, also crippling random threats like cbtar, bish, and gyara. Life orb venusaur in sun is surprisingly an effectual mon, especially since the metagame caters towards bulky weatherless offense. Synthesis extends its longevity while being buffed in sun and giga drain is used over solar beam for a more reliable grass stab. Ev spread hits a lo number while giving it enough speed to outspeed scarf nihilego in sun. Tapu fini is the most reliable defogger, being able to defog on almost every rocker by virtue of having taunt. This team had no other prospective z move user so I made it z haze fini to give it more staying power, while letting it act as a primary answer to set up sweepers in zardx and zygarde. Bronzong patches up the rest of the team's weaknesses, letting it handle gross, lele, land, and lati reliably. Its ev spread enables it to avoid the 3hko from gross' hammer arm as well as not getting 2hkod by shadow ball from scarf lele. Unfortunately it can't run sr because zong needs all its moves to check the aforementioned threats. However, it does allow me to have better speed control in abusing trick room, having a leg up on offense as well as supporting marowak. Marowak is the secondary wallbreaker on this team, demonstrating itself to be an absolute savage with sun boosted flare blitz and trick room support. Moveset is self explanatory and ev spread is so that it outspeeds chansey out of trick room. Rock head over lightning rod to make the best use of wak offensively, and lightning rod not being really necessary with venusaur and dugtrio. Scarf dugtrio is used because the team is too sr weak already, and it would be too overreliant on focus sash to function properly. Pursuit for gar, wak, and thund and sucker punch is filler to revenge bp gross or a weakened pinsir. It's evd to outspeed base 100s because outspeeding scarfgarchomp, nihilego, and shift gear magearna are unnecessary with bronzong, with minimal hp investment to tank a hit from mag or koko if need be.
Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Modest Nature
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Fini @ Icium Z
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Haze
- Taunt
- Moonblast

Dugtrio @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 48 HP / 240 Atk / 8 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Team #3: I bless the rains down in Africa.. jk Africa is a government hoax

A rain team I've had plenty of experience tinkering with. Went through quite a bit of revamps with rp douse gene being the initial abuser. It took a while to find a replacement, but I'm quite confident scolipede is the best one for the job. Pelipper is the best rain setter and moveset is standard. The spread lets it live a z fly from land, specs dark pulse from hoopa, while still avoiding the 2hko from scarf mosa after sr. Kingdra is pretty standard for any rain team, usually being able to sweep any offense by spamming surf. Ohkoing gross and lele after rocks while 2hkoing lati and keld with surf are just some of the things it's capable of. Minimum speed investment to outspeed scarf 110s in rain, and hp fire is chosen for filler to apply as much pressure on ferro as possible. The team doesn't necessarily need rain to function, so choosing not to set it up by leading peli is also an option. It also isn't really bulu or tang weak to warrant ice beam since scolipede can take advantage of those. Ferrothorn acts as the defensive glue for this team and is especially threatening with rain eliminating its 4x weakness to fire. Protect over power whip may seem odd, especially since whip can pressure fini more and protect would be stalling out my own rain turns. However, protect has been much more essential in increasing ferro's longevity since it's my primary defensive pivot between things like gross, lele, gren, and koko so having it healthy as possible usually allows ferro to sweep those builds surprisingly. It's also nice for burning z moves if used correctly, protecting on zardy when it megas, as well as deterring mosa from spamming hjk as freely. Sd garchomp is next and initially it was z outrage, but scoli being my z mover made me decide on it being mega. Mega does have its perks in additional bulk, being able to tank, for example, a z fly from land compared to nonmega. It also gives it the needed power to ohko things like fat land after an sd with rain boosted aqua tail, 2hko unaware clef, fini after sr, and also eviscerate tangrowth. It pairs well as an offensive breaker with scolipede as chomp can usually wear down the things scoli might have trouble with. Offensive scolipede works wonders for this team, being able to pressure the mons that generally annoy rain like fini, bulu, and tang. It also gives me a buffer vs scarfmosa, a mon that generally gives rain a lot of problems by virtue of its stats, movepool, and ability. Scolipede in itself can usually sweep offense if given an sd and ohkos almost every non resist after one, thereby relieving the pressure off kingdra in that regard. Rain boosting hydro vortex lets it ohko things like metagross, magearna, zygarde, and celesteela after an sd which is absurd. Tapu koko is the last slot and what I usually lead off with for this team. This set is the set I use on almost every tapu koko and I think is the only set people should run. It's basically stallbreaker koko but the main reason I think it's superior over offensive is because offensive koko is incredibly weak without life orb and taunt nature's madness covers every switchin without having to run weird coverage that compromises it's ability as a fast pivot. Being able to pressure ferrothorn primarily for this team is necessary, but shaving off half on anything and then u-turning to scout if they stay in or not is its main function. This set also has the benefit of being able to run bulk, which is really nice for a fast pivot such as koko. Some things that it's able to live are eq from gross, fleur cannon from gearna, poison jab from mosa and even a specs pump from gren. Item wise, iapapa proved to be the most superior because koko gets worn down relatively easily through hazards or tanking random hits as a pivot. Getting below 25% isn't particularly difficult due to how often koko switches in as an offensive pivot. It's a valid compromise because this set can't afford to run roost, otherwise giving it more staying power. The ev spread lets it activate its berry if switched into two nature's madness' as well as underspeeding opposing koko to get off the slower u-turn, while still outspeeding weavile. Rest of the evs are put into sp atk to increase damage output on thunder. Naturally, this set also 6-0s stall with amoonguss and shedinja being the only reliable switchin, but getting momentum or taunting it is just as good. Having sp atk investment over hp with a magnet is also acceptable to be able to 2hko sableye (if using thunderbolt), though is really only worthwhile if your team is immensely stall weak. The two biggest threats to this team are zardx and volc, so make sure you keep rain active so that kingdra can reliably revenge it, because if they get 2 dds/qds on ferro with rain not being a factor it's checkmate. Also less common but qd z hyper beam pheromosa, having the potential to outspeed and ohko everything at +1.
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- U-turn

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 32 HP / 248 SpA / 228 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scolipede @ Waterium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Thunder
- U-turn

Team #4: bounce gyara 3: revenge of the doggy style

One that I made with my good friend z0mOG and features a double :dog: core in cb zydog and scarf landog, further supported by dd z gyara to eliminate most of their counters. Cb zygarde gives the team a primary wallbreaker, spamming its no drawback ground stab more often than not. It's chosen over its 50% form because the extra speed to revenge threats like metagross, gengar, zardy, etc. is preferred, with the extra bulk not being necessary for this build. Espeed gives the team much needed priority with toxic to wear down walls that can repeatedly switch in such as tang, land, and bulu, in essence also aiding in wearing down land's counters as well. Gyarados is the primary win con for this team, which can usually sweep after a dd or two. I was contemplating intimidate over moxie so I can bluff this being mega and not z move, but moxie is generally the superior ability and intimidate isn't as necessary with landorus as a partner. Substitute is chosen as filler so that it can sub on a ferro's leech seed, fat land with hp ice over stone edge, rotom's volt switch, skystrikers, and status in general. Chipping at gyara's hp with sub isn't much of a concern because rachi can bring it back with healing wish if need be. Jirachi acts as the primary defensive pivot for this team, setting up sr and getting off momentum with a slow u-turn into another member. It's also really the only viable healing wish user in the tier, giving any one mon a second chance to wreak havoc. Ev spread maximizes its sp def while having enough speed to outrun adamant bulu. Scarf land is chosen over its z counterpart because this team is annoyed by offensive mons in koko, gross, gren, and mosa so having a way to pivot and reliably outspeed them other than a frail mon such as mosa is ideal. Pheromosa is also scarf because having landorus as a sole scarfer with espeed zygarde is not adequate speed control, unless you want to get swept by things like zardx, volc, and weather. Moveset is standard and also gives spin support for gyara. Naughty is an option over naiive, but the utility of outspeeding other scarfmosa, qd variants, jolly drill in sand, jolly +2 land, and +2 base 100s transcend my inclination to go +atk over +spe. Lastly lele takes the stage with its primary function as the team's stallbreaker. It's modest because timid shed shell lele hits for negative damage and the team has adequate speed control already to not mandate timid. This was also the team that popularized shed shell lele so it will always have special place in my heart, but twisted spoon is the superior option once dugtrio is hopefully banned (redacted ;_;). Taunt over calm mind as it generally has more utility and calm mind is harder to set up and sweep with, with the rest of the moveset being standard. Setting terrain is also a nice boon for the rest of the team as priority would otherwise be pretty spammable. Some noteworthy threats are gengar and opposing bandzyg, which can both be destructive if given any leeway.
Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 216 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Healing Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Team #5: Santy claws and the reindeer delivering a merrE litmas *-*

Probably my favorite team to use and an effective ho at that, despite having no stealth rocks. Aurora veil offense is criminally underrated and I really hope someone brings it to light in the tour scene. Ninetales is the only viable setter, and hail in itself is nice in chipping the opposing team and gives me an out vs opposing weather. The primary objective is to set up veil asap, but that doesn't mean that ninetales is 100% the best lead all the time, but I'll get into that later. Freeze dry is a must to threaten defoggers and bulky waters like fini, pex, peli, and mantine. It also offers perfect coverage paired with hp fire, only being walled by fire types. Nasty plot is moreso its means of hitting semi decently hard, and also forcing your opponent to kill it off faster, allowing for more veil time for the other threats. The ev spread is somewhat obscure, but I opted to go physically defensive to live a gunk shot from life orb protean gren if it's uninvested, not die to lomosa's hjk, scarfland's stone edge, specslele's psyshock, and flash cannon from avmag and gearna after veil. Ninetales can't afford to drop any less bulk for speed, otherwise it'd be at risk to perishing to said threats. It's primary purpose is to get veil up and I found a bulky variant over speedy was much better at accomplishing it. Zardx is the intial breaker for this team, usually amounting to at least one or two kills. Sometimes I even lead it just to get off as much damage, therefore allowing my other sweepers an easier time. Pulling a tactical double switch is also plausible to set up veil for a more manageable match up. It's also a nice antilead for people who lead with their steel type expecting a ninetales lead. Moveset is standard with outrage over dragon claw, as this set prioritizes damage output over sweeping outright. Thunder punch applies pressure on fini which otherwise annoys mana with its terrain and being able to defog veil away. Manaphy is the primary win condition for this team, which has a much easier time to set up due to veil. Moveset is standard, but rest is preferred over psychic because zard is usually able to eliminate toxapex before it goes down and rest invalidates all the damage your opponent may have inflicted with veil up. Ev spread lets it take 3 stoss from chansey after sr or 2 turns of hail, thereby allowing it to rest back to full. Mana is also favorable for helping combat opposing weather, something tales has a hard time dealing with. Cb scizor is the offensive pivot for this team. Originally it was a cb gene, however cb sciz is probably the better slot solely because of pursuit. This is my usual lead if my opponent has a good answer to outspeed and ohko ninetales like metagross. Being able to pursuit and eliminate metagross reliably is something only scizor is capable of. For reference, it does 75-90% if it decides to switch unmegad. If it stays in, then it can't 2hko you while technician pursuit does 50-60%. Having strong priority is also extremely useful for general revenge killing, such as being able to one shot pheromosa. Utility wise, sciz is probably the second best for this team with priority, momentum, and the ability to trap. Zygarde is the secondary win condition, which is extra stupid considering it's pretty much zygarde-complete at full hp if veil is up. The ev spread is custom made for this team, enough attack to 2hko toxapex with a boost after it hazes you, being able to ohko mosa with +2 espeed and gren with +4 espeed. It has enough sp def so that fini's moonblast and hp ice from land and tang don't break its sub with veil active and enough speed to outspeed defensive zapdos. Last is scarf latios, an overall solid revenge killer with good synergy that provides hazard removal. Defog is also feasible considering that it doesn't remove my own veil, rest being standard.
Vixen :3 (Ninetales-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 16 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Nasty Plot
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Blitzen >:U (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch

Dancer :'v (Manaphy) @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 16 HP / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Rest
- Tail Glow
- Surf

Santy Claws ^_^ (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Big Bad Grinch 3:< (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 96 Atk / 32 Def / 116 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Comet :O (Latios) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Trick

Team #6: MY SAND IS NICE, MY TEAM IS SLOW, THATS RIGHT U GUESSED IT, I'M USHERVEVO

I'm quite surprised how far this one has come along considering it initially had a z memento pyukumuku over slowking, but the team has shaped out to be somewhat promising. It features a combination of trick room and sand, with the premier abusers in cb tar and sd bulu. Cb tyranitar is the initial wallbreaker for this team, being able to overcome the walls that would otherwise trouble my other physical attackers. Fire punch is chosen as filler in order to revenge mawile and scizor, both of which can pressure immensely if sr is up. Exca is the primary revenge killer and also functions as the team's hazard control. Ttar being cb means exca has to run sr, which isn't terrible considering it pressures fini much more better and fat ttar doesn't really have a place in this meta. Jolly over adamant is a must to outspeed scarf +atk mosa or mosa with a qd in sand by one point. While zardy+cbtar has been the bread and butter combination since oras, zardx is the better partner for this team's purposes. I decided on fire punch+outrage over flare blitz+dragon claw mostly because recoil with sand is not exactly desirable and outrage allows it to pressure bulky waters better. I made this zard adamant over jolly because scarflele and land aren't that problematic for this build with damage output being more of a priority. Slowking is the defensive glue, being able to take on things like lele, gross, fini, and gearna more or less. It also gives the team much needed speed control in trick room. While slowking is my initial gross switchin, it should definitely be used as a pivot to exca, bulu, or zardx to scout for thunder punch. Tapu bulu is an essential cog, with its grassy terrain imparting a neutrality to earthquake for ttar and zardx(fuck dug), with the latter being notable to check eq gross and giving it an easier time to set up with the passive recovery. This was originally cb bulu, but it proved to be quite lackluster. Being forced to lock itself and having to predict vs things like land and ferro was undesirable. Sd z fight bulu being its best set was too good to pass up, with leech seed as the best filler to pressure steel types that switch in and for added longevity. Ev spread is maximizes damage output while outspeeding rotom, with the rest allocated towards bulk. Assault vest torn finishes off the team, forming a dual regen core with slowking and is a needed fast, bulky, offensive pivot. Moveset is standard with max hp letting it tank certain hits like ice punch from gross, two psychics from scarf lele, two hjks from mosa, and lo ice beam from gren after sr. Max speed didn't seem necessary since the only other relevant mon max speed helps vs is opposing torn, so investing in a little defense offered much more headway. Threats to be aware of would be dd z gyara, being able to ohko slowking with z bounce at +1 and exca not reliably able to revenge it, as well as sd scolipede which can get out of hand if given free set up.
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 48 HP / 216 Atk / 4 Def / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Roost

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Trick Room
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psychic

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 160 HP / 248 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Team #7: pockets heavy bitch magearna be ballin, struttin her junk with nothin but spunk and lati-hoopas into a zam dunk!

Ok admittedly this team took me a very long time to try to construct, since there were so much possible sets that can be used. However, this variant fares the best vs any archetype, whether stall, offense, or bo imo. I experimented with band and specs hoopa, and while they both lacked any switchins whatsoever, scarf had the most utility. It's still incredibly hard to switch into, but scarfhoopa lures so many mons on offense it's almost comical. Outspeeding and ohkoing metagross, greninja, landorus, garchomp, zygarde, koko, lele, and non+spe mosa before they can ohko you back gives hoopa so much viability in this metagame. I opted for special scarf over physical since it deals with those aforementioned threats more effectively. Megazam gives the team much needed speed, and pairs well offensively with hoopa and magearna. Calm mind was the best filler since the team was in need of breaking power and the rest of its moves being what it usually runs. I'd even go out on a limb and say its probably the #5 best mega? Mega buff to its speed and immediately getting its trace ability is a godsend. Trace is especially useful in this meta, tracing beast boost, protean, intimidate, and regenerator amongst other things. The spread looks sort of random, but it has enough speed for non+spe mosa while being heavily invested in defense. Timid zam doesn't really necessitate max speed because it outspeeds almost everything unboosted and the defense investment often comes in more clutch than useless speed evs. landorus is obvious for sr and a ground immunity, but instead of it being fat I made it an offensive breaker to deal with stall and other fat things better than hoopa would. Its evs allow it to outspeed adamant bulu while avoiding the 2hko from cbzyg and play rough+sucker punch mawile at full if need be. Rotom is an obvious choice as a defensive water with needed momentum. It's physically defensive to make up for landorus not being the case. A general rule of thumb of mine is sp def rotom if it's your only water resist, otherwise phys def is typically better. Iapapa berry is superior over leftovers because the net recovery of 50% health often exceeds a couple turns of rotom staying in for leftovers recovery. It also is less pressured to go for pain split to get back recovery, and can be played much more liberally by going for any of its other moves. The power creep in this new gen is unlike any other, so having it as a safety net is indispensable. Magearna was originally trick room with z move, but assault vest was necessary to combat mosa, lele, and gren better. Moves are standard fare, with 6 ivs in speed to undercreep defensive celesteela in order to get a slow volt switch off. Scarf latios provides the team a more practical revenge killer and needed hazard removal since spike stack can be an issue if it gets out of hand. Psyshock is chosen over psychic in order to revenge volcarona and pressure zardy better.
Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 136 Def / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 136 HP / 232 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- Fly

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 6 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick

Team #8: Earth, Wind & Fire - DO YOU REMEMBER??!?

Pretty much the standard ttar zardy archtype, though I have seen a variant with land over torn and fini over alo, but I prefer torn for its speed and alo for its durability. Most of the team is pretty obvious at team preview, but there are a few sets that would throw the opponent off. Tyranitar is banded because there is no better set and defensive with sr doesn't really wall or check anything relevant. Also being bait and set up fodder for a lot of things doesn't help. Earthquake is chosen as filler mostly to check mawile, with hitting tran, zone, and gearna as an added benefit. Excadrill performs two roles in hazard control and revenge killing. I don't see exca as a prime offensive presence in this meta, so it's better delegated a role in utlity. Zardy is the usual set I use, and defog is chosen as filler in order to relieve pressure off exca to get off a spin. Any other coverage seemed unecesssary paired with cbtar, since all it really needs is fire and grass coverage. Serperior is the team's primary answer to stall and zygarde, especially being able to benefit from sun boosted hp fires. Moveset is standard and probably its only viable set in the tier, but is still a top tier threat that is definitely unprepared for. Tornadus was originally av, but I thought it was a tad too passive with the team not really needing the bulk it provided that badly. I felt like this build needed as much unrelenting offensive pressure as possible, so z hurricane gives it a one time 100% accurate nuke to make that happen. Relieving pressure off cbtar and serp to stallbreak is another reason why I'm partial to this alternative. Alomomola might seem offhand and out of place, but it does blanket check many prominent mons in the metagame like gren, gross, and land. Rocky helmet is used in order to punish said monsters, and knock off as filler since alo invites many other fat walls to take advantage of it like fini, ferro, and pex. Having wish support also ensures that the other members don't go down that so easily.
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

Modest Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- U-turn

Alomomola @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 36 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Knock Off

Team #9: roses are red, violets are blue, HOT GAY DAD USES SUPERSONIC SKYSTRIKE AND UNLEASHES COCK OF THUNDER PART 2

Unfortunately, salamence is an extremely linear pokemon to try to build around so apologies if this build might seem as standard as it may appear to be. As it stands in the meta, mence actually struggles to pull off a clean sweep, due to the abundance of scarf pheromosa, garchomp, and even the occasional nihilego, latios, or gengar. Salamence still makes for a great breaker because of the sheer power of its z move, and fire blast is able to lure and chunk celesteela, shed shell skarmory, and ferrothorn for the late game metagross and or landorus sweep. Flying, ground, and fire coverage is extremely difficult to switch into, let alone being boosted by dragon dance and moxie. Agiligross pairs extremely well with mence because if one's sweep is cut short, the other one can sweep in its place. Adamant is the nature of choice because the power is often needed to sweep once an agility is set up. It's also favorable because it makes breaking easier if mence is going to be the sweeper. Magnezone's role of being able to pick off skarmory, ferrothorn, and celesteela is self explanatory. Assault vest helps combat certain special attackers like gearna, lele and koko. Landorus seemed to fit as the only prospective sr user, with it being scarf for better measure vs offense. Being able to outspeed and threaten faster threats this team is not capable of handling such as zam, koko, gren, and mosa is preferred over its defensive counterpart. Tapu fini is a must for being an answer to pheromosa and greninja, also being the most reliable hazard clearer for the sr weakness mence and weavile possess. Weavile is chosen as last to give the team much needed speed and priority while still keeping up the offensive pressure. Also it's in the team's best interest to have a ghost resist, unless you want to be like blunder and cop a nice L kekekek. Poison jab is used over pursuit in order to not give tapu fini a free switch, with pursuit not really trapping anything the rest of the members might have trouble with. Problems this team may encounter are strategies like rain and trick room, but that comes with the style and can't really be helped. Stall match ups are somewhat annoying, but mence can usually perform well vs it as well as gross if played smartly enough, same goes for fini. My tuttee z0mOG also won vs some nobody with it in spl and he was quite adamant on me mentioning that lol.
Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Salamence @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 104 HP / 216 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Team #10: There is a web in your sticky, and a kartana in your face!

Fun sticky web team featuring some meme mons in mimikyu, kartana, and special land-t. For this team I chose shuckle over smeargle because shuckle is more likely to get up both hazards over the course of the match. Standard set, but the ev spread allows it to not get 2hkod by two surfs from manaphy, hydro pump from rotom, waterfall from gyara, living an iron head from mawile, meteor mash from gross, and still living a z edge from land. I chose contrary over sturdy because there are very few things that can really ohko shuckle and the things that can aren't that common like cbtar or specs keldeo. Contrary gives shuckle the edge in defog wars, being able to encore them into defog and increase its evasion, thereby allowing me come out on top with hazards by spamming encore and infestation. Mimkyu is pretty standard for ho, but red card is the item of choice just in case shuckle can't encore a set up sweeper or lele is too slow to revenge. Red card also lets mimi bypass its usual checks like sciz, forcing the opponent to switch into something they might not want. Kartana is up next and is an absolute wrecking ball with a swords dance, especially with sticky web support. Once it gets a kill, it just snowballs into an almost unstoppable force with the only real way of revenging it being scarf 110s, scarfmosa, and unmega'd gross with hammer arm. Kartana takes most priority with ease and is my initial physical wallbreaker to support mimikyu or gyarados, unless it can sweep for itself. It's especially useful for this team to threaten defog tapu fini, which if well played can keep hazards off the field. Landorus therian was originally landorus incarnate before its premature quickban, but landorus therian does have its perks for this team. It gives me intimidate but also running mixed with earthquake over earth power nails some things like sp def sableye, celesteela, and chansey. Max sp atk lets it lure and ohko opposing fat land with hp ice and sludge wave pressures bulu and fini for gyarados to do work. Gravity is particularly beneficial for this build, being able to ground faster flying threats with webs while also being immune to priority in psychic terrain. Mega gyarados fit on this team quite well by giving it better speed control and a more reliable answer for stall. It also prevents fini from defogging by virtue of having taunt. Waterfall isn't really needed since land, kart, and mimi deal with the targets it does hit. It's jolly primarily to outspeed scarfmosa at +1 under webs, with enough speed to creep adamant land. Tapu lele is the team's revenge killer, being able to outspeed every other scarfer under webs and threaten to ohko or 2hko them. It should also be led to antilead sab leads, but that much should be apparent already. Threats to this team are metagross, with clear body giving it a one turn immunity to sticky web, fini by virtue of having taunt and defog, and mold breaker excadrill with spin because mimikyu can't reliably spin block vs it.
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough

Kartana @ Steelium Z
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Gravity
- Earthquake
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Team #11: Volt turning you on with my poisonous touch :3c

The conception for this build was fighting spam with a muk to pursuit trap ghost and psychic types while also threatening fairies. I also wanted to try out sd terrakion, as it appeared to have no switchins with the introduction of its z crystal. Pheromosa looked like its best partner since terrak lures and kills most of its counters while giving the team better speed control. Scarf pheromosa is obvious for that matter, eliminating many of the problematic threats this team would otherwise struggle with. Moveset is standard and poison jab is used to revenge tapus mostly. Terrakion is the team's primary form of wallbreaking, being able to 2hko or ohko almost everything after a swords dance. Originally it was adamant with rock polish, but substitute is the superior option to ease prediction in terms of setting up and avoiding status from the likes of sableye. The team has volturn from four other members, so it shouldn't be difficult getting this beast in for free. Scizor is the next member, acting as a solid defensive pivot while also providing defog support. Its primary function is to switch into physical threats like gross and bulu reliably, with its ev spread being catered towards such. Specifically, max defense allows it to switch into cb zyg unmegad with sr up and not get 2hkod. Any sp def investment seemed moot when muk handles most of the mons sciz would need sp def for. Landorus would appear to be defensive with sr at first glance, however the team is extremely weak to stall because dugtrio can eliminate both of the team's answers for it. Offensive land also ensures it can get rocks up vs almost every hazard deterrent while also hitting hard or getting momentum to the rest of the team's benefit. Rotom is a much needed water resist and nonpassive pivot that can keep up the offensive momentum. This one is sp def despite there being a muk on the team mostly because it's my sole water resist. Speaking of muk, it's a pretty interesting mon with a solid niche. Being the most viable pursuit trapper in the tier and getting rid of most ghost types as well as lele and zam is a huge boon for the other members. Due to its poison typing, it's also able to threaten fat grass and fairy types while at the same time absorbing toxic spikes. Moveset is standard, but fire blast is preferred over shadow sneak so ferrothorn doesn't go overboard with spikes, mawile doesn't get a free switchin, as well as applying pressure on skarmory and scizor. The ev spread lets it not get 2hkod by band hoopa and specs lele after rocks, and gunk shot over poison jab because the difference in power is usually worth it over a 50% chance to poison. Biggest threats to this team are subcoil zygarde if given a chance to set up, so make sure mosa and land are healthy to take it on, specs keldeo since rotom is my only reliable pivot, and zardy which can do major work if it's in vs the right mons.
Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 32 Def / 48 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Team #12: ladder idiot starter kit

Not sure what exactly went through my mind when I created this masterpiece, but holE I've certainly outdone myself with this one. Among the bp craze that has been running amok, scolipass was the premiere mon that it was centered around. Having dabbled in it myself, I found that it was too risky a strategy to really pull off consistently (taunt, phazing, smart set up alongside are just a few of the ways to deal with it). I wanted to try to pull off nonspeed bp effectively, and mew seemed to be the most versatile mon to pull it off. Dual screens were obviously necessary to ease set up so I decided to go with tapu koko, it being the fastest user that also had taunt. The goal of the team is to maximize as much screen time as early and as fast as possible for mew to set up and pass. I generally lead koko as there isn't much that can prevent it from getting screens, except for scarf grounds in which case a pivot to whims would be apt. You can tell if it's scarf land depending on which ability goes off first, but chomp you might have to scout and decipher from team preview. Mew is next and is the most important member. Setting up with mew is extremely crucial, but how much you set up is just as important. Counting screen time and which boosts you decide to use is essential in sweeping effectively. Word of caution is that this kind of set up is extremely crit prone, so try to minimize the amount of turns of setting up and only pass what is necessary. Moveset is self explanatory and mental herb is the item of choice to not get taunted or encored for one crucial turn. Ev spread is to outspeed jolly mimikyu, as running max speed is reliant on winning a 50/50 vs things like zard and volc and is generally not worth forgoing the slight sp def investment. Things that may cut set up with mew short are strong dark types like hoopa and greninja as well choiced trick mons like gengar and latios, so just some things to be aware of. Whimsicott gives this team additional support in tailwind for mew, which is necessary speed control. The other moves are standard for a utility mon, but prankster z memento is the main reason why it's on this team. Giving mew a second chance to set up in case its first set up or initial pass went wrong somehow is another reason why I prefer mewpass to scolipass. Z memento also does not heal status, so careful of letting mew take a potential para or toxic. As for recipients, magearna was the most ideal, being able to boost its speed as well and sporting key resistances and immunities. It's my primary pass to all things that can dragon tail and clear smog mew, also my dark switchin. I chose electric, fighting, and steel coverage mostly to cover stall while hitting almost everything for neutral or super effective damage. Also be careful of which z move you use because magearna's should only be used if it's already set on a sweep. It's modest over timid because damage output is preferred over outspeeding things like scarfchomp and land because mew can pass defense boosts or to another recipient. It still has enough speed to outspeed mosa after a shift gear and everything else with two, and is most likely able to sweep because of soul heart. Necrozma is the the mon I usually pass to. While it does overlap with mew and is just as more crit prone, once it starts boosting, nothing can really stop it other than fat dark types. Charge beam is the coverage move of choice, being able to ohko gren after +2 and it really having no better coverage options. Evs lets it outspeed pheromosa after +2, with its ev spread being more offensively orientated over defensive to sweep faster with less risk of crit. Seeing as how these two recipients struggled with stall, kyurem-b was the best and only option that was able to break it with little to no effort. Teravolt bypasses skarmory's sturdy as well as unaware mons, while having enough hp to tank an stoss from chansey without its sub being broken. Having at least three calm mind boosts under its belt is needed to break chansey, which shouldn't be that difficult because stall will take a while to break down mew. Timid with salac berry is an option in order to better sweep offense better, but the benefit of passive recovery and a modest nature is preferable since kyurem is the team's main answer to stall. Kyurem is a somewhat safe recipient to pass to because hiding behind a sub means it's also less susceptible to getting crit. As far as weaknesses go, amoonguss is extremely annoying with clear smog, being able to spore magearna and switch to something else to threaten it. I generally pass to magearna to avoid clear smog then hard switch and sleep fodder something else and hopefully try to set up and sweep with magearna again. Dragon tail is also troublesome, but the only real user is garchomp and tankchomp, while somewhat uncommon, can invalidate my boosts. Threatening with kyurem in that regard is the best course of action. Other than that, untimely crits will probably screw this team over, but as long as you play mew well it should win. Also shoutout to Tom Bus for carefully excogitating these immaculate nicknames, couldn't have done better myself.
chicken plopgiana (Magearna-Original) @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 40 HP / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shift Gear
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

kyurem-plop (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Roost

plopu koko (Tapu Koko) @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

whimsiplop (Whimsicott) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Encore
- Memento

plopale 4 tlouble (Mew) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Baton Pass

cold dead plop (Necrozma) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpA / 32 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonlight
- Rock Polish
- Charge Beam
- Stored Power

Last edited by a moderator:
Team #13: It's not just the trees that get big in Alola! *unzips*

Didn't mean to revisit this archtype of sun+trick room, but I can't not build with exeggutor after someone almost destroyed me with it. Exeggutor is a pretty anti meta option, being able to check most grass, water, and steel types by virtue of its typing and coverage, with trick room being able to bypass its atrocious speed and apply much more pressure on offense. Exeggutor is also one of the few viable offensive trick room setters, further cementing its viability with harvest. The combination of harvest and sitrus berry makes it an unkillable tankmon, letting it net more hp recovery than it normally would over the course of a match. Coverage wise, grass, fire, and dragon is perfect bar heatran and hits relatively hard off a base 125 sp atk stat. Ev spread maximizes it's sp atk while activating sitrus if switched into a nature's madness. 40 sp def evs allow it to live a life orb dazzling gleam or hp ice from tapu koko guaranteed if need be. Charizardy is chosen as a partner because I wanted to make the best use of harvest, with sun activating it 100% of the time. It also makes for a potent offensive sun core, with not much being able to switch into exeggutor and zardy and get away with it. It has hp ground over earthquake or focus blast since nailing heatran guaranteed is more of a priority than hitting the rare tyranitar, also doing more than earthquake to heatran. Other targets hp ground hit are nihilego, marowak, and charizardx for consistent damage. Next up is tapu fini to complete the fwg core, but instead of defog I wanted to use the stallbreaker set, being able to eliminate the mons that zardy and exeggutor struggle with like toxapex, chansey, heatran, and mantine. Setting terrain is also nice for the rest of the team to avoid status, but fini doesn't do much for this team other than act as a defensive pivot and solid trapper. The team was extremely weak to flying, so I opted to go with rhyperior which is also an effective trick room abuser. Rhyperior is bulky enough to tank even the strongest of super effective hits, avoiding the 2hko from gross' meteor mash as well as offensive land's earthquake. While ice punch is nice to check ground types, swords dance let me pressure bulkier builds a lot more easily. It also allows me get up rocks vs sableye stall with misty terrain being up. Jirachi is the main defensive pivot for this team, being able to cover lele, gearna, zam, lati, koko, and gross in particular. The ability to pass wishes is also an extremely valuable asset, giving fini and rhyp much more staying power than they normally would have. Scarf pheromosa is the obvious last as it gives the team much needed hazard removal, momentum, and speed control. The biggest threat to this team is probably qd volc, as it sets up on a majority of the members and can ohko them after a boost or two. Zard can live a +1 z hurricane or psychic, but will drop to +1 sun boosted inferno overdrive. Pheromosa outspeeds +2 volc and 2hkos with hjk or u-turn to chip it, so make sure you put it in range beforehand or don't allow for free set up. Qd fat volc on the other hand is probably an autoloss for this team, albeit uncommon. Metagross with earthquake is also somewhat problematic, but should be manageable if you get rhyperior or zard in safely vs it.
praj is LOCO :> (Exeggutor-Alola) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

praj is FIRE >:O (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Modest Nature
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

praj is SMELLY :C (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

praj is SWOLE ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

praj is INDIAN ._. (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- U-turn

praj is UGLY ;_; (Pheromosa) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Team #14: I want tom to ram his bus up by ass *o*

I'll save you the time of reading an analysis for this team and will instead link a much more informative video brought to you by resident plopper Tom Bus! Be sure to give him a like and subscription, but only if you think he deserves it lol. The only thing I changed is making marowak with rock head and flare blitz over lightning rod and fire punch because the team has enough answers to electric types with scarf nihilego for koko, earthquake gross, landorus, and breloom. Nobody in their right mind would use an electric move on marowak unless you revealed rock head so that's another reason why. Also sd breloom is underrated as hell and people need to use it more imo.
Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fly

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Team #15: *force field activate* Now you'll never stop my bulu sweep, Kyahh!!

Another team I made with the OG z0mOG featuring a more standardish aurora veil offense. Ninetales is the obvious support mon of choice, and I can afford to run dual stabs on this one since I have other reliable partners to threaten the things I would need freeze dry and hp fire for. Encore is especially helpful for this build to prevent set up and to help get a mon in safely. Scarf garchomp is up next and provides the team a reliable revenge killer. Fire blast is chosen to apply as much pressure on steels that might otherwise threaten the rest of the team and stone edge in order to ko thundurus and 2hko zapdos, both of which can get out of hand. Greninja gives the team a fast, offensive threat which it otherwise lacks. Protean greninja is chosen over ash to abuse how scary it is to switch into, especially with aurora veil support. It has blizzard to abuse the hail that ninetales provides and extrasensory is chosen since toxapex and venusaur annoyed some of my members. Hp fire is needed since the team has no other way to ohko ferrothorn as well as to check scizor, with water shuriken for needed priority. Spikes, while nice, makes it more likely for the opponent to defog and aurora veil in itself is already a hassle to keep up. Tapu bulu is the star of this team, performing as a resilient tankmon with veil support. Unfortunately it isn't able to use all out pummeling with landorus as the z move user, but leftovers increasing it's longevity is preferred on this one in order to set up as much swords dances as need be. Leech seed gives it more set up opportunities while forcing switches, thereby allowing bulu to boost even further. Tapu bulu also threatens defog fini, which is why it's especially useful for this team. Double dance landorus is the next member, providing the team a much needed ground immunity while acting as a solid win condition. As standard as it may be, it's especially threatening given more opportunities to set up with aurora veil support. Metagross is the last member because the team really needed a steel type and offensively speaking, it's probably the scariest mon to switch into in the tier. I opted to go with sr gross since it can keep rocks up more reliably, with the rest of its coverage helping it do so. This team is somewhat slow and sort of mosa prone, so bullet punch over sr and having sr over stone edge on chomp is also a valid option, but having gross as the rocker applies much more pressure than it normally would for teams that can't afford to have them up.
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 16 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Blizzard
- Moonblast

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Water Shuriken

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fly

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Thunder Punch

Team #16: A freeze so cold, it can go right through CBB's thick fat ability!

First team I built in sun moon, and it felt wrong not to include this. It's a bit dated, but still somewhat effective in this meta. The team itself is pretty obvious. Pinsir and magnezone is a match made in heaven with a z freeze shock kyurem-b to spice things up. I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but this is probably the first z kyu-b team in existence, as I don't recall anyone else at the time using this maverick. Kyurem is my primary wallbreaker, and quite often my lead because I can usually nab a kill with z freeze shock turn 1, or get off a huge chunk for that matter. It's a one time nuke, but is able to ohko or 2hko everything that isn't a 4x resist which is 'shocking' I know right? A mixed set seemed best in this current meta, with earth power nailing most steels for good damage and ice beam for a reliable ice stab. I didn't feel the need to go roost since kyurem is generally short lived and its primary function is to tear open the opponents team every opportunity it gets. Ash greninja was a new mon that had a lot of hype going for it that I also wanted to try out. A strong, fast pivot with priority that is able to outspeed and threaten metagross was definitely necessary. Outspeeding a huge threat in tapu koko once it has changed form was another reason why I opted battle bond over protean. While aerilate has been nerfed this generation, pinsir is still extremely threatening, maybe even moreso than it was before because fat land don't generally run stone edge and it taking up talonflame's niche with flying type priority. It's also one of the few megas that benefit from an increased speed tier upon mega which is very much appreciated. Moveset is standard and the minimal hp investment allows for it to live a psychic from scarf lele. Magnezone is the team's defensive pivot and all around support mon, trapping steel types that would otherwise annoy the majority of the team. It's quite pressured being the team's initial pivot to things like lele, koko, gearna, and gross so be careful how much damage you let it take. Scarf landorus should be obvious at this point, giving the team needed speed, an electric and ground immunity, as well as sr. Having a reliable pivot to threaten much on offense is very much necessary, as it finds itself often outpaced without the utility of a scarf. Knock off is used over u-turn to lure shed shell skarmory so mag can stand a chance at trapping it. Tapu fini is the team's defensive crux, while at the same time providing defog support for my two sr weak mons in pinsir and kyurem. Misty terrain is especially nice to let pinsir set up without fearing status unmega'd and to some extent kyurem. As this team only has adequate speed control with dual priority and a scarfland, ddmence is the most alarming set up sweeper. Keeping fini healthy or baiting and burning its z move by pivoting to mag would be how to play vs it. Stall is also somewhat annoying to face, but should be manageable with optimal use of mag, kyu-b, and fini.
Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Earthquake

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Lonely Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Team #17:
doubles switches won't make it better
got volt switch, u-turn
hoooopel and everything
get BYACK in, gonna get you soon

There was this one hoopa set that has been gaining traction that I definitely wanted to try out. Z trick or snatch being able to boost its middling speed by two allows hoopa to not get revenged by many of ou's top threats. I also wanted to pair hoopa with zardx since they both seemed to be a potent wallbreaking core, both of them having similar checks and counters. I decided to go with z trick over snatch because it also allows hoopa to use shattering psyche, which lets psyshock hit on the special side while also being able to nuke tapu fini to set up for a potential zard sweep. Being boosted by psychic terrain was another boon psychium had over darkinium. Hoopa is quite often used as a physical variant because it possesses gunk shot, so being able to lure physical walls for charizard like ohkoing fat land with z psyshock is especially satisfying. Coverage wise, hoopa's dual stabs are only walled by fat dark types (which aren't particularly common) which is why I opted nasty plot for an effective double dance set. Charizard is an incredible offensive partner for hoopa and is the standard dragon dance set with flare blitz, dragon claw, and roost. I gave it some hp investment to ease set up and recoil damage, specifically not being 2hkod by non lo mosa's hjk unmegad while still outspeeding scarf lele after a dragon dance. The team is quite slow initially, so scarfing tapu lele appeared best to have better headway vs offense. Having another way to revenge gren, koko, gross, and mosa was a must. The team is not exactly priority friendly so psychic terrain helps in that regard. Rotom and landorus are standard defensive staples for any team in need of nonpassive pivots that can safely bring in frail threats. Rotom is obviously sp def because the team has no other real way to tank special attacks and landorus is an interesting set I took from ABR. Protect with leftovers lets it perform similarly to swampert in adv, scouting for whatever your opponent might go for (double switch, z move, etc.) while further extending its longevity. Essentially, it turns into a much more reliable check to prominent metagame threats such as mawile and zygarde, with the added benefit of being able to stall out things like trick room and rain. Scarf pheromosa rounds off the team, giving it much needed spin support for charizard as well as sufficient speed control to revenge kill threats. This team has no steel type, so the fairy switchin is charizard which is somewhat problematic. Rotom also is sometimes pressured to take both physical and special hits which is something to be mindful of.
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hoopa-Unbound @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock

EVs: 96 HP / 196 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Team #18: Primarina with that perfect pitch, her coverage you cannot resist, oceanic ploperetta going off without a hitch, bouta slam u in that drainage ditch - SHOFU DA BEATDOWN IN DIS BITCH

I noticed that tapu fini and zardx had amazing defensive synergy together, but misty terrain nerfing its dragon stab was less than ideal. Since azumarill is pretty bad right now, I opted to go with specs primarina which 2hkos or ohkos almost everything not named pink blob. Moveset gives it perfect coverage, and the ev spread lets it outspeed things like mawile and venusaur, while also being able to live a thunder punch from metagross and solar beam from modest zardy at full and ohko back with a torrent boosted hydro pump. Charizard's set is standard, but it's much more hp invested because primarina is too defensively frail to handle pheromosa repeatedly. Charizard can afford the lack of attack investment since the team has other solid breakers that can dish out damage. Ferrothorn completes the fwg and fds core, performing as a much sturdier defensive pivot with a lot more staying power. Because these three mons are incredibly slow, the team was in need for some speed. Protean greninja seemed best at applying pressure while benefiting the rest of the team with spikes support. Hydro pump is chosen to form a double offensive water core with primarina, and ice beam and hp electric to round off near flawless coverage. Double dance landorus offers the team a solid win condition, though I opted to go z rock in order to pressure stall much better. Since I prefer adamant on z rock land, I felt I could forgo some speed and allocate it to hp in order to tank certain hits better. Scarf pheromosa should be obvious by now, providing the team spin support for zard and a way to revenge kill threats that might otherwise overrun this relatively slow build. Issues this team might face are opposing protean gren with hp fire and gunk shot, with it being reliant on gren winning a tie or having mosa or a healthy zard in vs it. Kyurem can also apply tons of pressure, though a timely protect on its z move with ferrothorn or making sure it doesn't get a free switchin is how to play around it.
Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 176 HP / 148 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

EVs: 160 HP / 132 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 112 HP / 216 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Team #19: dyke and cock? No, I said Lycanroc!

Originally this team was built around lycanroc, so pardon the title I was too lazy to come up with something else. This is a sort of sand semi stall that I've had a lot of success with and relies mostly on its defensive synergy, but also isn't entirely passive given the general construct. Megachomp is chosen as the team's primary wallbreaker, and by extension being able to decimate stall. Not much can actually switch into it, in fact I don't think anything can under the right circumstances, so if given any leeway should result in a kill or two with it. Chainchomp is chosen over swords dance because hitting hard right off the bat every opportunity it gets is moreso up its alley. Hippowdon is chosen as the sand stream setter for this team, being able to combat most of the prominent physical attackers with little to no issue. Rocky helmet is the designated item over leftovers in order to punish metagross and mawile from attacking it, both extremely potent threats that shouldn't be left unprepared for. Max defense is chosen in order to not get ohkod by +2 play rough from mawile, as well as not getting 2hkod by the combination of a meteor mash attack boost and ice punch from gross. Moveset is standard with whirlwind chosen as filler so that it isn't set up fodder for things like zygarde and whatnot. Magearna acts as a defensive pivot, with it being more defensively orientated over offensive. I decided to roll with a pain split set and leftovers for added longevity because assault vest was redundant with torn. It has enough sp def comparable with having an assault vest after factoring in leftovers recovery and the extra defense is nice to let it take certain physical hits better, such as surviving earthquake from max attack landorus. Fleur cannon is an obvious stab move to threaten sableye, volt switch for momentum, and ice beam as filler to lure and ohko ground types while pressuring common switchins like amoonguss and zapdos. Magearna still hits pretty hard despite not having any sp atk investment and mainly functions as an offensive tankmon that can get my other threats in safely. Tornadus provides magearna a volturn partner while relieving pressure off it to tank as much hits as it normally would. Moveset is standard and for the most part self-sufficient. Amoonguss is a dire water resist, also forming a potent regenerator core with tornadus. Sludge bomb over clear smog since hippo and mantine deals with set up sweepers and hp fire to not give ferrothorn any leverage to set up layers. Mantine was a very late addition to this team and despite its passive nature, it compliments the team very well by checking prominent threats like zardy, mosa, gren, volc, and sciz. Providing much needed defog support and alleviating pressure off torn to switch in repeatedly was definitely a change I sought out for. Max defense is used because it doesn't really require any more sp def than it naturally has and haze to prevent any form of set up.
Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Scald
- Haze

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Magearna @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Team #20: How to lose your bulu: the SPL edition!

A team I built with Lysergic, but unfortunately wasn't able to tweak optimally before he played with it in spl. Zapdos is an interesting antimeta mon, capable of checking the majority of the mons on offense with its typing and coverage. At first it was defog, but zap wasn't the most durable defogger out there and relegating another mon that role lets it perform on a more practical scale. Tapu bulu is this team's primary wallbreaker. As usual, sd all out pummeling being its best set with leech seed for longevity, pressuring switches, and it not really requiring any other coverage. I'm not a big fan of heatran as of right now because of the looming threat of dugtrio in the tier, but heatran is chosen as the team's steel type to form a potent fwg core alongside gren and bulu. Being partnered with bulu diminishes its crippling 4x weakness to earthquake, also granting it passive recovery from grassy terrain. Defensively speaking, tran doesn't wall much now that clef and latios are a rarity and it seemed best geared towards offensive stallbreaking. Magma storm with z solar beam would be its best set, however bulu carries this team's z move. I saw aim use a substitute set in spl and I thought that was an extremely clever way to bypass dugtrio, also ensuring that sableye can't beat it 1v1 by knocking off its leftovers. Timid wasn't too appealing because the tier itself, for the most part, already outpaces heatran. Its evs outspeed neutral natured base 70s and uninvested 100s, with minimal defense evs to ensure that sableye's knock off doesn't break heatran's sub. Also heatran doesn't have any prominent hard counters that can switch in repeatedly like gliscor and magic guard clefable, so expect to get a kill every time you can get a free switchin to it (literally beats every steel and poison type lol). Garchomp is the team's revenge killer, but I also decided to make it the rocker over heatran for role compression. Garchomp can still threaten out a mon and get up rocks reliably as a midground play without losing momentum and relying on prediction by locking itself into a certain attack. Ash greninja fit best as a fast, strong offensive water, also benefitting from heatran eliminating its usual checks and counters. Scizor is last and is the team's defensive crux vs the majority of the tier. Initially a pinsir, scizor better accommodated this build as a sturdy pivot that sports hazard removal while also having priority.
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Tapu Bulu @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Seed
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 32 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Team #21: I'm blue aba di, you will DIE!

Much to my frustration, vincune was a mon that I couldn't for the life of me build a good team. I explored what other viable sub protect mons existed and gliscor brings back a classic in subtoxic. It's also much more effective now that magic guard clefable is literally not on every single team, with sableye, skarmory, scizor, bronzong, and celesteela being the only real stop to it. The reason I like sub toxic over say swords dance is mostly because of it's reliable stalling capabilities, which no other mon can claim to have. Not to mention swords dance gliscor is inferior in almost every way to landorus. It's also a nice counter to skystrikers, since it can just sub, protect, and toxic stall them out. Matter of fact, giving gliscor a free substitute is definitely scarier than it swords dancing up because freely putting something on a timer without taking any damage itself is an invaluable niche. Misty terrain may appear to be an issue for it, but gliscor is still able to toxic nongrounded mons while being able to whittle at grounded ones with earthquake, especially considering tapu fini does not have reliable recovery. The ev spread is optimized towards defense, because things like zardx and marowak were troublesome to check and switch into, but having more speed on it is also acceptable since gliscor isn't really meant to take unnecessary hits due to its lack of roost. Magnezone is the most obvious partner for it, eliminating the steel types that would otherwise wall gliscor to hell and back. Standard set with assault vest because the team was in need of its utility. Metagross gives the team an offensive presence, also benefiting from magnezone's trapping utility. Ice punch is used to revenge offensive grounds and bullet punch for much needed priority. Tangrowth is the premier defensive wall for the team, being able to take on the likes of metagross, mawile, and zygarde with relatively handily. Leftovers did seem appealing on it, but being able to punish any physical attackers with rocky helmet was more desirable. Leech seed is chosen as filler since hp fire wasn't an option with magnezone, and is able to pressure any potential switchins while not being set up fodder for anything else. Regular aerodactyl may seem like an odd choice, but it does give me an initial zardy and volcarona switchin (only once), a lead against offense, and much needed speed. It's the standard lead set, but seeing as how this team has no other z mover, I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. Focus sash is reliant on being at full hp and z edge lets it 2hko sableye while giving it a one time fast nuke that can prove useful in wearing down gross' checks and counters. Calm mind tapu fini is last, also benefitting from mag's trapping and further cementing the team's offensive presence. The sp atk investment may seem a bit excessive, but it can 2hko max sp def sab, ohko no hp landorus, and marowak with max hp all unboosted. The hp investment hits a leftovers number with enough speed to outrun neutral natured base 95s. Just be wary of offensive gengar and well played stall, both of which can give the team the works.
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 8 SpD / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Earthquake

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl @ Rockium Z
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 176 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast

Team #22: SeemS We'll Ow-lways Win In Style

You're going to have to excuse this title as well, I simply cannot 1-up Emvee on the name game, he's the best to ever do it lol. I wasn't a huge fan of the current stall archetype that had chansey and sableye since it was weak to quite a bit, extremely passive, and also wasn't able to abuse hazards to the best of its potential (not to mention it can't break opposing stall). Being forced to run defog skarmory alongside sash dugtrio with sableye isn't really ideal, so I wanted to try hazard stack stall that wouldn't be punished by the opposing team's hazards as badly. Scizor is used over sableye since it can check a majority of the problems stall faces like metagross and tapus, while having priority to pick off weakened threats and the added benefit of momentum in u-turn. Knock off is used over swords dance or pursuit because having the utility to knock off items or scouting random z moves is an option I'm more partial to. Also getting rid of marowak was another huge plus. Sciz can afford to run a more offensive spread since skarmory covers most of the things it's supposed to switch into if it gets too pressured. Magic guard clefable appeared to be the only sr user that was not only able to bypass sableye, but also wasn't annoyed by switching into hazards all the time. Max phys def allows it to counter zygarde and encore is chosen for filler as a compromise of not being able to use unaware, so that it isn't set up fodder for anything and everything. Toxapex and skarmory are staples for stall that can both set up their respective hazards. However, I ended up going with stallbreaker pex over the standard toxic spikes and haze set. Being able to eliminate chansey, fini, or any other fat passive wall with the combination of scald, toxic, and infestation applies much more pressure than a normal pex would. Best part is that it can't get trapped by dugtrio since it can just switch out once it has done its job. It's sp def over phys def since it was the team's only water and fire resist, and having no chansey relegates pex the role of a sturdy special wall. It still is able to live things like land's earthquake and metagross' zen at full, while sponging hits off greninja and keldeo like they're nothing. Skarmory can afford to run rocky helmet over shed shell on this team since scizor can lure mag and u-turn out to dugtrio, and is for the most part my back up steel if scizor gets worn down too quickly. Defog is used just in case my opponent overwhelms me with their own hazards, and whirlwind over counter because this team can actually revenge and punish set up sweepers. Scarf dugtrio is the team's primary revenge killer, eliminating the offensive electrics that would otherwise run over this team. Pursuit to obviously hit ghost types and thundurus with memento as filler just in case something gets out of hand. Specs ash greninja is the team's ace in the hole vs offense, invalidating it with strong priority and almost unmatched speed. This was originally a specs swellow, but with the introduction of mawile the team was in need of a proper way of revenging it. Thinking about it now, ash gren is probably the best punisher in the tier (besides mosa) because allowing it to change form gives the user a huge advantage. Ice beam is used over u-turn in order to reliably revenge huge threats in tapu bulu, serperior, zygarde, thundurus, and tornadus. Tapu lele is as always a massive issue for stall, but is moreso manageable with gren or sciz to chip it for dugtrio to revenge. A few offensive electrics are also annoying, with zapdos being able to defog on clef reliably and escape dugtrio. Toxapex, however, is able to avoid the 2hko from zap and putting it on a timer means it's much less problematic. Celesteela can also be somewhat annoying with leech seed spam, but scald burning it with pex means clef can wall it indefinitely. This team covers most of the problems that normal stall usually faces and also has more reliable outs through means of offensive mons, so hope this was informative. Also went 41-0 with this team for reqs and won a smogon tour with it if that means anything, though a team is only as good as the player using it so take that how you will.
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Dugtrio @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 48 HP / 240 Atk / 8 SpD / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Memento

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Infestation
- Toxic

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 72 Def / 108 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 8 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Encore

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Team #23: xtra got hella HOs? cuz I got hella BO.. oh

Suppose several shoutouts are in order for this one, but this team is mostly adapted from njnp's, CrashinBoomBang's, and Cicada's hyper offense team which were all used in spl and won unsurprisingly. Mimikyu, bisharp, and porygon-z looked especially threatening together and they all looked like they would excel on ho. Mamoswine is the lead of choice, being a deterrent to most other sr users, sporting an immunity to taunt, and is a really nice koko buffer. Adamant is preferred for damage output and jolly doesn't outspeed anything important other than adamant landorus (which you can just pick off with ice shard) or speedtieing other uncommon base 80's. Rocks are more often a priority with mamo's sash intact, and endeavor is situational as it relies on it outspeeding something to endeavor or forgoing rocks, which is why icicle crash is preferred. Mimikyu is staple for ho, acting as the team's revenge killer and as a solid win con. I dislike jolly mimikyu since it only outspeeds +spe land and lele, but seeing as how the team is somewhat weak to them jolly is optional, though loss in damage output is extremely noticeable. Unfortunately, bisharp really only finds a solid niche on some convoluted ho alongside mimikyu, but is still an extremely potent threat that is often underprepared for. It also puts in quite a bit of work vs stall once zard has done its job and quagsire being rarity. Despite having three priority users, the team is still incredibly slow. Ghost porygon z is my most favorite mon to use, since its only counters are chansey and fat dark types. However, it's still too slow to really pull off a sweep even with the speed boost. Agility patches that issue up, being able to outspeed everything at +3 and by extension being able to sweep most offense with ease. The added benefit of running modest over timid also helps in securing some 2hkos and ohkos. Shadow ball is the only coverage move it needs with recover to help ease its sweep, with enough speed to outspeed ash greninja after a z conversion. Charizard is the team's initial wallbreaker, and sometimes antilead if they lead with their steel expecting a mamo lead. It doesn't generally sweep because sr only permits it to go all in once, but is still effective for this team's purposes. Pheromosa is obvious for spin support for zard and provides much needed speed. Hp electric is chosen over ice beam in order to pressure tapu fini and toxapex, extremely troublesome bulky waters for this build. Modest is used in order to score the guaranteed 2hko on toxapex and fini after rocks, ohkoing metagross after ice shard chip from mamo, and even 2hkoing sp def sableye if need be. Timid would only be used for insurance against other mosa and zam, but the rest of the team can handle those well enough. Full on ho is far from the most consistent playstyle, but is definitely as unprepared for as stall is, and could prove deadly if used correctly.
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 56 HP / 248 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Agility
- Recover
- Conversion

Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Rapid Spin

Team #24: There are two pedos on this team and only one of them is the shark =w=

Commendations to my good friend KratosMana for innovating pedo+gar with spikestack in spl, but I thought a more offensive route with it would give the core more headway. Protean greninja is without a doubt the best offensive spiker and pairs extremely well with sharpedo, being able to lure its would be counters with its extensive coverage. I opted physically based spiker which dismantles fini and ferro while still retaining optimal coverage with ice beam. Admittedly garchomp was chosen to form a double shark core with pedo which made the team all the more aesthetically pleasing. However, tankchomp surprisingly does well for this team, providing much needed bulk to a team consisting of extremely frail mons. The combination of rough skin and rocky helmet is surprisingly useful chip damage for the rest of the members, with the rest of its moveset being conventional. It has enough defense investment to live an ice punch from gross while still being able to avoid the 2hko from pinsir and zardy. Scarf gengar is the team's revenge killer, doubling as a spin blocker and sports phenomenal synergy with pedo and gren. Av magearna is the steel of choice, performing as the team's dedicated special wall, while sporting good power, coverage, and crucial momentum. Seeing as how the team had no ground switchin, dd landorus is the obvious win con that I went with. Land is usually meant to break apart the opposing team rather than flat out sweep, though it certainly is capable of doing such. Sharpedo is the late game sweeper and is probably better than megagyara for its lack of a stealth rock weakness and possessing the coveted speed boost. Naive is an option to guarantee outspeeding scarf land, lele, and chomp after +1, but getting sharpedo in on something it can scare out usually allows it to get +2. Psychic fangs is chosen as filler to nail toxapex, venusaur, and keldeo. Hydro pump is used over waterfall so that skarmory isn't able to counter it, while also being able to 2hko fat land and mawile. The biggest threat to this team is probably volcarona with hp ice, however it can't really set up on anything other than magearna so be sure not to give it that opportunity. Rain is also somewhat problematic same with tapu koko with magearna being my primary answer to those, but are both still beatable nonetheless. Stall matchups are also a bit more troublesome, but spamming crunch with sharpedo, spikes gren, trick gar, and volt switch gearna should be good measures vs it.
Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
EVs: 224 Atk / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 12 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Fly

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Last edited:
Team #25:
How long...
How long must we sing this song
how long will he use this team...
Broken bottles under children's feet
Bodies strewn across the dead end street
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
broken battles in the replay feed
modjoin sync then click forfeet~

Despite the introduction of many hard counters, keldeo still demonstrates itself as top tier mon. Calm mind with break neck blitz was a nifty tech going around, but it only really being able to go in once was different from how I remember it being abused last gen. Specs keld is still as good as it was before, having merit over ash gren for its better bulk, initial power, and stallbreaking potential. Supporting it didn't seem that difficult, so I decided to go with the classic venu tran keld core. Bloom doom tran seemed incredibly potent with keld, punishing almost every switchin while eliminating the bulky grass and waters that ail it. Taunt was for the most part situational, and tran being the rocker lets it beat almost every hazard deterrent in the game. As much as I would like to go max sp atk and speed, tran requires a degree of bulk to take on threats this team might otherwise have trouble with. Specifically, heatran avoids the 2hko from specs lele's psychic, living zardy's focus blast, hammer arm from metagross, while still creeping defensive fini and land and hitting a jump point in sp atk. Venusaur acts as the defensive backbone, being an all around check to the majority of the meta with near impregnable defenses. Hp fire isn't really necessary on it because the rest of the members can pressure steel types. Leech seed on the other hand lets it recover stall things like zenless metagross, defensive celesteela, toxapex, and even charizard. Skarmory covers the apparent ground and flying weakness while being able to pressure with spikes support. It can forgo counter since scarfmosa is able to revenge dd land, freeing a slot for brave bird. The team was lacking in potential win cons, so sub coil zygarde filled the slot of special tank and bulky ground, also sporting much needed priority. Scarf pheromosa is the team's revenge killer, and I explained it more than enough times already to go into it again so should be self evident already. Some problems this team may face are psychic spam, especially specs lele and esense gren. The latter being walled by tran or zyg depending on its other coverage and the former might get a kill or two, but the team itself shouldn't allow for it to get free switchins. I wish I could go more in depth with this build, but it's basic hazard stack balance that has good synergy together so yeah.
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 168 HP / 176 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Team #26: I built this on gay pride day, hence the rainbow

Megazam under psychic terrain looked borderline overpowered on paper, and definitely performs as well as it does for this team in practice. I wanted to also pair it with gengar, as they both appreciated an immunity to priority and are deadly to switch into. Tapu lele is the z move user of choice, with all out pummeling being able to lure and ruin any steel type thinking of switching in. Moveset is the standard stallbreaking one with taunt, and modest lele already ohkos most steels so a calm mind boost isn't really necessary. Megazam is one of the more underrated megas, but its moveset fully abuses psychic terrain. Double psychic stab allows it to 2hko or ohko everything that doesn't resist or is immune to it, especially under psychic terrain. Zam can afford to forgo focus miss since lele lures the same targets and can eliminate them for it, so dazzling gleam is the better coverage to hit dark types like sableye and greninja reliably with the added benefit of doing more to dragons. Hp fire is chosen since the team lacked a way to ohko scizor and still retaining coverage vs metagross and ferrothorn. Modest zam unfortunately ties with ash gren, but is still the superior option over timid for this team's purposes. Gengar is scarfed since it's arguably its best set, still hitting almost everything in the tier neutrally with its dual stabs and is no doubt a solid revenge killer. Since the team had a gengar, I wanted to abuse the fact that it can spinblock so ferrothorn is conclusive for setting up hazards. Ferro is the team's switchin to anything that might threaten my other members, so it's often shortlived. Dual hazards in order to get the most out of it utility wise, with chople to avoid the 2hko from metagross' hammer arm as well as protean greninja's low kick. It's also nice insurance vs keldeo and pheromosa, as the other members do not appreciate being preemptively switched into said monsters. Scarf landorus is chosen for a much needed electric and ground immunity that offers momentum. Since it's the team's only ground switchin and not a sturdy one at that, word of caution to not sack it prematurely via boom or anything else that can potentially ohko it. Cb tyranitar may seem to be an offhand last, but it gives the team crucial resistances to fire, flying, dark, and ghost. It also functions as a strong physical offensive presence for a team consisting of mostly special breakers. Ttar's an even better check this gen to volc and zardy, the former forgoing bug stab for more desirable coverage and the latter rarely running focus blast. There are a few niche mons this team has a lot of trouble dealing with, but for the most part has a good match up vs everything else. Av muk walls and traps the special offensive core, so lele should best be used to weaken it as much as possible, with ttar and land to apply pressure as well. Sp def celesteela is also an extremely annoying threat since it walls the majority of the team, with bandtar being my only deterrent for it. Make sure not to switch it into a heavy slam as it's obviously 2hkod. The team also has no ice resist so kyu-b kills every mon except ferro, but at most will result in only one kill after burning its z move.
Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn

Team #27: TDK stands for too dumb to kreate his own teams lol.

Hi, TDK here. In preparation for my game vs FlamingVictini in SPL, I planned on using stall. I'm not a notorious stall player and I had a feeling FV would opt to ignore it. Personally, despite it's success, I wasn't a fan of the standard stall team, and knew it would be a good idea to use something unorthodox, as most variants of standard stall has been experimented with and deemed inferior. I talked w/ ben gay about ideas and he suggested Pyukumuku. After multiple variants and lots of discussion, we ended up with similar builds but I ultimately went with my own variant because I believed it to be the optimal build. Pyukumuku offers a lot to stall teams, almost entirely thanks to its ridiculous ability, Unaware. It allows stall teams to have a reliable answer to Alolan Marowak, Charizard X, Volcarona (minus crits), and many other threatening setup sweepers. Curse Pass is what I believed to be the most useful for stall, allowing Pyukumuku's teammates, most likely Calm Mind Blissey, to utilize the defense boosts given. As far as teammates go, CM Blissey was the first thing I added, as it was the most important partner to Pyukumuku. It covers a multitude of threatening special attackers and, thanks to Pyukumuku's Curse passing, can potentially sweep teams. Dugtrio, simply put, is irreplaceable on stall right now, as it prevents a multitude of threats such as Lele, Hoopa-U, Heatran, and so on from breaking stall and can even handle things that could get out of hand, such as Mega Metagross. Mega Sableye, another important asset to stall, was another thing I decided to add. While not irreplaceable on stall, Mega Sableye was extremely important, as I found every variant of teams relying on double Defog to simply be suboptimal. Skarmory does what it does; checks Landorus-T and other physical attackers while giving me alternative means of hazard control than just Sableye. Amoonguss is what I decided on as a last, as it helped the team handle Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko, Rotom-W, Greninja, and Magearna, all of which greatly trouble the team without Amoonguss. While I think the team truly was optimal as far as Pyukumuku stall went at the time of creation and usage, it's pretty poor in this metagame already. Quiver Dance Pheromosa pressures the team beyond belief, as it simply has a very strong shot at OHKOing Pyukumuku after rocks with All-Out Pummeling. Would strongly recommend against using this now; I'll probably remodel the team at some point, but I don't think a simple move of Toxapex over Amoonguss would be the solution, as this team is weaker to Tapu Koko than the standard stall team due to the fact I'm using Blissey over Chansey, it takes a lot more from Volt Switch and gets worn down faster vs Volt Turn should I not be able to utilize Amoonguss.
Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Reversal

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Defog
- Roost
- Counter

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play

Pyukumuku @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Curse
- Toxic
- Baton Pass

Team #28: German engineering really DOES transcend cars!

I rarely ever appropriate teams and accustom them to my liking, but Steve Angello really blew me away with his performance this spl season, and I thought it would be apropos to pay my respects to the lazar himself. His version has kartana over tapu koko, but I felt his team definitely needed the added momentum, speed, and stallbreaking potential which kartana wasn't able to provide. I applaud this build for its ingenuity and stellar defensive synergy, also being the first to revolutionize the archetype of toxapex balance over the ubiquitous fini for a bulky water. The main draw for me was the combination of toxic spikes with sub, coil, and protect zygarde, allowing it to bypass its usual checks like fini and tang, while netting crucial leftovers recovery for added longevity. Celesteela is also a prudent choice, actually possessing an offensive presence unlike skarmory and still sporting the important defensive typing that synergizes well with zygarde and toxapex. It was originally sp def celesteela, but that seemed unnecessary with metagross as a lele buffer, so autotomize operates as a secondary win condition. I opted physical over special because I still wanted heavy slam for its stab move and it being just as good (coverage wise) as special. Physical also has the added benefit of not being totally helpless vs stall and heavy slam still hits for max damage on most targets despite being lightened. Mamoswine is interesting as the sr user of choice, but works well as an antilead vs offense and also being able to cripple a potential check to zygarde with endeavor. Stallbreaker koko gives the team a much needed fast pivot, and in case you don't know why it's the best koko set refer back to my first rain team with it. Metagross rounds off the team as a backup steel with a strong offensive presence that provides essential speed. Ice punch being obvious as a detriment to ground types and thunder punch being advantageous with koko providing electric terrain. Hammer arm is also necessary in order to keep kartana in check, also not being spike fodder for ferro. This is one of the few solid, yet unorthodox teams that I've seen someone else produce so major props to my boy steve for this one.
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Celesteela @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Autotomize
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Substitute
- Protect
- Thousand Arrows

Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Team #29: I'll be as old as jam by the time my cune is through with you [|8{B)~

Admittedly this build was mostly inspired by the one above, but on another note, I finally made a good vincune team :D. Toxic spikes support was definitely something I wanted to try it with, and nihilego appeared to be the only viable setter that didn't have conflicting synergy with suicune. It was also able to absorb opposing tspikes that would otherwise render it useless. Scarf is no doubt its best set, and the team loses too much to not use it despite having tspikes. It's still a good midground play to go for early in the game when nihil's counters are still at large if you can force a switch. Dual stab is obvious, with hp fire being necessary for lack of proper ferro countermeasures. Speaking of ferrothorn, it serves as the team's main defensive pivot with chople berry because land and mosa are the team's only fighting resists. Landorus is my usual stallbreaking set that punches holes or gets off momentum to the rest of the team's benefit. It's an especially strong candidate due to its ability to keep hazards up on the field by pressuring hazard deterrents. Metagross is up next and is the primary wallbreaker for this team. Bullet punch is indispensable to not get swept by opposing qd mosa with ice punch to keep ground types in check. Earthquake is the best neutral coverage with steel and ice, so should be self explanatory. Pheromosa is a pretty interesting set that I thought would pair well with suicune. Quiver dance with z hyper beam lures most of cune's counters like fini, pex, and mantine, while also sporting perfect coverage with fighting and bug bar most ghost types. Suicune is usually the back up win condition against bulky offense and balance in case mosa somehow isn't able to sweep. It possesses a latency to outstall and set up on the opponent by virtue of its solid defensive typing, ability, and moveset. Near max speed is used to outspeed and stall out slower, more hard hitting threats like land, kyu-b, lele, fini, bulu, and zygarde off the top of my head. Bulk isn't that important since it can safely hide behind a sub and protect stall for more leftovers recovery. Opposing spike stack is a slight concern, but stacking as much of my own while keeping the offensive pressure and setting up with cune or mosa prematurely is how I usually deal with it.
Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Pheromosa @ Normalium Z
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Hyper Beam
- Focus Blast
- Bug Buzz

Team #30: A bloodsucking succubus: and no, it isn't a woman, or is it?

Celesteela might probably be one of the most annoying mons to face, so I thought pairing it with the next best offensive leech seeder in serperior would make it ultra disgusting :barf:. Celesteela is the standard sp def tank set, being able to check a myriad of ou's top threats alongside trusty toxapex. Scarf garchomp is chosen as the team's ground, mostly for being a reliable revenge killer and also role compressing the slot for sr, thereby allowing for more liberty in constructing the rest of the team. Poison jab may come off as odd coverage, but having a way to outspeed, lure, and ohko tapu bulu was very much needed since it gets initiative on a few of the members. Subseed serperior is definitely a mon that people have been sleeping on lately, being able to stall out steels like metagross, heatran, and celesteela among other things. Doubling as a nice zygarde check and boasting a quality speed tier with a potentially strong offensive presence makes it an ill-prepared for threat in this meta. Tapu koko makes for a deadly stallbreaking duo paired with serp, though mainly functions as a fast pivot that matches well vs offense and stall for that matter. Quiver dance mosa is chosen as the last, operating as a stronger win condition against offense once the necessary damage has been dealt. Hp electric is chosen over bug buzz in order to apply much more pressure on tapu fini and toxapex, with the added benefit of taking advantage of koko's terrain. A few major threats to this team are metagross with thunder punch, especially since my own koko boosts its power inadvertently. Smart pivots between chomp, celest, and koko are usually how I play around it. Marowak also applies a lot of pressure if played correctly, since it gets a free switch on most of the members. Luring and chipping it with koko and pivoting to chomp or pex, added to the problem of it being extremely hazard prone should limit its staying power.
Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Fightinium Z
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Team #31: Zamrock in in da rain on his fiery :afrostar:bucks waifu

All credits for this one goes to njnp. I was a bit apprehensive at first, but I really do like this rain team since specs pelipper is able to singlehandedly dismantle most of rain's issues. Being able to 2hko tapu fini, ferrothorn, rotom, and even toxapex is a feat not much on rain can actually accomplish. In fact, the only relevant thing that is able to switch into it without getting ohkod or 2hkod by it is chansey, since its dual stabs have near perfect coverage. Forgoing damp rock is entirely worth it, especially considering this team doesn't even have a swift swim abuser. Moveset is self explanatory, only really needing its dual stabs to deal damage. Hydro pump in order to nuke anything that decides to switch in with scald to deal reliable damage and having the added chance to burn. This was originally knock off and u-turn, but the utility in having reliable water stab and removal was much more useful than those other components. Because there is no dedicated swift swimmer due to no damp rock, greninja looked really appealing as viable rain abuser because of its superb speed and power. The original version of this team had scarf protean greninja, but I felt mystic water with battle bond made the best use of pelipper as a partner. Rain boosted water shuriken in itself dismantles most offense, and the rest of the team was already fairly fast so scarf didn't sound all that appealing. Ash greninja under rain has just as much utility, if not more than a swift swimmer because of its strong priority, absolutely obscene power, and it not being totally dependent on rain to need to function well. It's mystic water over specs because having the utility in taunt to prevent hazards, recovery, or set up is more favorable. Tapu koko offers the team a stronger out vs stall, while still applying as much pressure on offense with its modest power, fair bulk, and astounding speed tier. Ferrothorn being mandatory on every rain team shouldn't be surprising, though thunder wave is used on this one so it isn't set up fodder for anything that can boost speed, especially since the team doesn't have the best methods of revenge killing. Gyro ball obviously being counterproductive with twave should explain the rest of its moveset. Volcarona may seem out of place, but is another countermeasure to most of the things that ail rain as a playstyle, grass types in particular. It's also able to abuse hurricane which is phenomenal neutral coverage for it. Pheromosa is really the only viable hazard remover on offense, while at the same time presenting a strong physical presence for this team. Black belt is the item of choice because life orb wearing it down is not in its best interest as the team's spinner, and is still able to nuke things with hjk provided you hit. This is one of the few more solid and ingenious rain teams I've come to acknowledge, also extremely fun at that so color me impressed.
Pelipper @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Defog

Greninja-Ash @ Mystic Water
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse

Volcarona @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Giga Drain

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Thunder
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Pheromosa @ Black Belt
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Team #32: buzzw(tth)ole

Apparently I was informed by a friend of mine that I rely on pheromosa way too much, so I figured I would toy around with butthole. Unfortunately, it does NOT get swords dance (but they give mosa qd wtf lol), so I went with the next best thing in sd pass. Whipping out one of my classics in flexscor was a no brainer, with metagross and scarfchomp as other prospective abusers. The only valuable niche I found butthole to have was being a sturdy check to zygarde and pheromosa with roost. Also getting initiative on every grass type made in an especially enticing recipient from gliscor. Subpunch is without a doubt its most viable set, and even though it may seem underwhelming with just dual stabs, butthole is strong enough to muscle through even hard counters because of the sheer power of focus punch, exceptional bulk, and longevity. Butthole gets the most bulk out of being invested in sp def as opposed to hp, being able to live a +1 all out pummeling from mosa and still being naturally bulky enough to live a zen headbutt from gross. Netting more recovery from leech life is another benefit to max sp def over hp. Also, running 101 hp substitutes just for chansey's stoss (which shouldn't even stay in the first place) isn't worth compromising butthole's ability to tank hits. Metagross is the next abuser, being nearly unstoppable with several boosts under its belt. Bullet punch is absolutely necessary to pick off a weakened mosa, and also so it isn't easily revenge killed once passed to. This one can afford not to run a coverage move to hit most steels because gliscor can just pass to butthole to handle metagross' counters. Garchomp is the team's revenge killer, also proving to be a potent abuser of gliscor's boosts. Moveset is standard with fire fang as filler to revenge kartana and threaten scizor. Rotom is the primary defensive pivot with twave chosen over wisp because the team is quite slow and already bulky enough to take on most physical attackers. Double hazard ferrothorn is used in order to facilitate a sweep for the other members. Power whip is used over gyro ball because the team needed a more reliable way to pressure fini while also keeping ash gren in check. Gliscor is the final member for this team, functioning as a solid support mon and defensive crux. This one isn't that fast because getting off a slow bp is more ideal, and the extra sp def allows it to tank on a few special attackers better. For example, living modest zardy's fire blast, gearna's z fleur cannon, and even uninvested mosa's ice beam. Also butthole's not that bad a mon I was just teasing :c.
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
EVs: 32 HP / 224 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 164 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Baton Pass

Team #33: I'm the stylin', profilin', limousine ridin', jet a flyin', bee drivin', sky strikin' son of a gun!

This build is similar to a previous one I featured, but team's of this archetype tend to follow similar motifs which can't really be helped. In other news, beedrill got a major buff going for it in this new format, allowing it to forgo protect for another move slot. Pairing it with magnezone should be self evident, forming a potent volturn core that also eliminates beedrill's would be counters. I decided to go with sd to apply even more pressure vs fat walls or even facilitating in a lategame sweep. The ev spread allows it to outspeed scarftran with slight defense investment to tank certain hits. Specifically, it lives a pursuit from metagross and cb espeed from zyg at full, as well as bp from gross after sr. Weavile compliments beedrill wonderfully, both being able to lure and threaten each other's checks and counters. Having additional trapping support in cb pursuit is also very much appreciated. Because both of these mons are extremely frail, fat landorus was a clear cut decision. As explained before, protect with leftovers is preferred over rocky helmet for scouting, longevity, and for stalling out random things like weather and trick room. With three sr weak mons, tapu fini was an absolute must. Standard defog is its bread and butter set while also supporting the rest of the team with its defensive typing and terrain support. Dragonite rounds off the team as an outstanding win condition. I very much prefer dnite over mence at the current moment because it can check monsters in zardy and volc much more comfortably. The added benefit of being able to run an adamant nature, strong priority, and having an easier time in setting up are all invaluable niches dnite possesses. This build is somewhat reliant on keeping sr off the field, so be sure to apply as much pressure without forfeiting any crucial momentum if at all possible.
Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fly

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 240 Atk / 48 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Team #34: GOAO t advanced kit

Figured I would try my hands at scolipass before its foreseeable ban in the near future. I didn't like the standard one that was being spammed because it was for the most part fundamentally flawed and extremely match up reliant, so here's my rendition on it. First up is scolipede and is the primary mon this team is based around. It should be noted that mindlessly clicking sub and protect isn't the best strategy because the opponent can set up alongside it with little to no repercussion. It also should only pass what is only really necessary, since scoli has multiple chances to pass later in the game if need be. Poison jab is used as filler to threaten taunt based mons, more specifically tapus. Toxic spikes is also an option to put dark types on a timer, pressure a defog for dugtrio's sash, as well as to force certain plays in your favor at the cost of being taunt bait. Espeon is another crucial member because of its ability magic bounce. Sporting an immunity to taunt and phasing while also abusing speed boosts for stored power makes it an ideal recipient. It's also the team's primary response in defeating stall, since their only real answer for it is shedinja. Espeon doesn't have the best physical bulk, so its ev spread is more phys def with a kee berry in order to augment said weakness. Necrozma is a buffed up version of espeon that should be passed to in order to combat strong physical threats like metagross, mawile, landorus, etc. It's moveset is standard and should be straightforward. Latias is chosen because the team had no fire or water resist, also being a prime recipient of scolipede. Reflect type with calm mind allows it to set up on a myriad of mons that would normally invalidate it. Charge beam over calm mind is also an option as a way to hit dark types and still boost its sp atk. Dugtrio is vital towards this team's success, being able to eliminate most of the dark types that would otherwise stop most of the members in their tracks. Toxic is used as filler mostly to put subtoxic zygarde on a timer, which is a huge problem if it tries to set up on scolipede. Magearna is chosen as the last mostly for insurance against dark types in case dugtrio is too pressured to do so. Since it was being passed speed, a calm mind set sounded perfect for it. Coverage wise, thunderbolt and hp fire complimented it best with z fleur cannon to nuke and potentially ohko anything gearna can't reliably boost on. It outspeeds base 110's if passed +2 spe and max speed mosa with +3 with the rest allocated towards bulk to better tank hits. Mawile is also an option over magearna in case you want a better out vs shed stall or something that isn't totally reliant on speed boosts to function. However, magearna has a much easier time sweeping and setting up by virtue of its superior bulk and ability.
Magearna @ Fairium Z
EVs: 216 HP / 248 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 224 HP / 248 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Moonlight
- Stored Power

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Toxic

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpD / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Baton Pass

Espeon @ Kee Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 12 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Latias @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 12 SpD / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Reflect Type
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power

Team #35:
Purple haze, gengar's in my brain
Lately thund don't seem the same
Actin' defiant, but I don't know why
Excuse ma-wile I kiss the sky

With the advent of mawile in the tier, I was brainstorming for a mon that somehow was able to take advantage of it. It having intimidate premega is definitely a strong boon for it, added to the fact that it can 6-0 stall singlehandedly was too strong a niche to pass up. Defiant thundurus looked extremely threatening with hazard stack, also pairing well with mawile to deal with opposing intimidate users that would normally keep it in check. First up is protean greninja, proving itself once again in being the best offensive spiker. This team isn't particularly fini weak, so I decided to go with extrasensory over gunk shot to pressure toxapex, while still retaining optimal coverage alongside hydro pump and hp fire. Tankchomp is needed as a durable ground with sr that can also take on fire types that would trouble the rest of the members. The extra chip in rough skin and rocky helmet also helps in wearing down most physically orientated threats. Thundurus acts as the initial breaker, being able punish defoggers by getting a free +2. It forms a potent offensive core with mawile in breaking down most of its checks and counters and vice versa. Originally a pheromosa, assault vest tangrowth is an all around glue mon that patches up a majority of the team's weaknesses. Moveset is standard, with rock slide as filler to not give zardy a free switch or volc free set up. Scarf gengar is the team's revenge killer, being able to keep psychic, fairy, and fighting types at bay, also doubling as an effective spinblocker. Mawile is the team's wallbreaker, with its coverage only being resisted by opposing steel fairy types. Sd three attacks is its trademark set, with knock off chosen as filler for strong neutral coverage to hit most of both targets that fire fang and thunder punch would. This team is one of my better creations and matches up well vs a lot, so I'm glad I can finally wrap this up here.
Thundurus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Fly

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 12 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Conclusion
Not really much to include at this point, I've said all I need to. Feel free to comment on anything I may have missed or if you have a question or suggestion for myself or any of the teams I included. Steal it, tweak it, call it yours, I really couldn't care less. This archive was created in the hope that people can look back and refer to it if they ever need any ideas and, ultimately, encourage better teambuilding within our community. I can't be asked to do individual shoutouts, but many thanks to the people who helped and encouraged me in making this all happen, couldn't have done it without ya'll :heart:.

Last edited:
These teams are good, but a lot of them have a pretty significant flaw, namely the lack of pheromosa. Pheromosa is only on about 31% of these teams, when really that number should be closer to 90% or 100%. For that I suggest that if you want a truly successful team archive, you go back and add Pheromosa to all of these teams, even the stall one.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
These teams are good, but a lot of them have a pretty significant flaw, namely the lack of pheromosa. Pheromosa is only on about 31% of these teams, when really that number should be closer to 90% or 100%. For that I suggest that if you want a truly successful team archive, you go back and add Pheromosa to all of these teams, even the stall one.
Do you think he'd be getting the same amount of likes with an archive full of teams people can't steal for the suspect ladder?
e@below: He used AshGren Stall for reqs iirc, it's in desc (41-0)

Last edited:
Cool teams. I'd like to know which of these you used to earn reqs for the mosa suspect; however, I would rather know once the suspect ends since I would rather myself and other players find their own ways to earning reqs.

Edit: I somehow missed where you said this when I first read through the teams. Whoops. Once again, thanks for the team dump, and congrats on getting reqs.

Last edited:
Pheromosa on stall sounds like flames.

But anyways just wanted to extend my thanks for writing up descriptions for these teams and even just sharing 'em to begin with. It's a shame that Phero will be leaving the tier if only cause it means some of these teams need reworking, but they all look really cool and interesting to use. Great resource; I'll definitely be referring back to this from time to time.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Hey these teams are good but I noticed that less than 100% have mega metagross!! every time someone suggests using another mega, I just tell them "lol opportunity cost" and feel really smart about myself. Are you saying that's wrong?????

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
I mean that's suggesting Phero existed then and will exist in the future.

Great archive you got here ben, with so many teams to choose from i don't think anyone doesn't feel tempted to grab one and try it out, i know i'll definetly try as many as i can.
Hope to see more of this in the future :].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)