Flash Clash [Online Competition] - Now Playable on Showdown!

Well day 3 ended 13-7 for me.
I ended up using my landorus, aegislash, and greninja the most. I definitely noticed much more strategies I faced on showdown while battling today. Porygon-Z was a pretty popular choice and I also found a metal burst aggron. Most of my loses resulted from either stalling or bad luck. I was blessed with getting an accuracy lower on a swampert so its earthquake had a clutch miss.

This was a pretty fun format, it would interesting to see it again in the future.

My last day results are 38-22. I wish I had done better. If I had won my last match my score would have been above 1700. Unfortunately, I picked Sawk against his Aegislash =/

So today was a little rough. My rating dropped only a little, probably around 1780 now. I would have been above 1800 but I took too long to decide and the one I would have picked would have won, but instead the game gave me Porygon-Z.
I am extremely pleased with how my team performed in this competition.
I kinda want to get first place, but I'll be happy with whatever.

43-17 for me, and I believe I'm in the upper part of the 1700, something like 1780-1790 or something, maybe.
I saw far less Sawk and Bastiodon than Showdown made me think, but since I used an HyOffensive team I'm extremely pleased with the results.
Seems Ferrothorn@Occa Berry was enough of a trump card to net me a good deal of winnings.

There's a player that, for a twist of fate, fought me 10-15 times. I remember his nickname and I hope to get to know him: his presence gave spice to the competition to me ^_^

I don't remember that, so it was probably someone else. So many teams are so similar for this comp, that I sometimes couldn't tell whether I was facing a different person, or the same one.
I swear I was facing the same Dragonite/Gyrados/PoryZ/Chansey/Azumarill/Talonflame like 5 different times.

Hate this specific teamcomp, impossible for me to pick against.
And why in the world is Talonflame capable of beating Tank Swampert. :<

I'm about to start battling, and was wondering if you guys have seen many of these pokes:

- Togekiss
- Sylveon (or other fairy types)
- Non-perish trap Azumarill
- Whimsicott

I'm about to start battling, and was wondering if you guys have seen many of these pokes:

- Togekiss
- Sylveon (or other fairy types)
- Non-perish trap Azumarill
- Whimsicott
Togekiss, sylveon and whimsicott were fairly common in the 1600-1700's with about the same rate as on showdown. Non-perish Azumarill I never faced, but I only faced one Azumarill total couldn't tell what Azumarill set people were using if they didn't pick it.

I'm 31-11 somewhere in the 1750 range, which is the best ever for me in one of these. Thing is, I was at 1805 at one point, and I just lost 3 straight by picking the wrong Poke on a whim.

I think I'm satisfied with my result though. I oddly enough didn't face one Perish Trap user despite seeing large amounts of Azumarill's in team preview.

Maybe my team just looked like it was completely prepared for it (I was>_<)

Welp, just finished today's.

11-9.

35-25 final results.

Definitely had the best luck on day 1.
I've also come to learn I completely abhor tanky teams.

Hey guys!

Got 37/23 and ended up very close to the 1700's (lost the last battle and it probably made me loose my 1700 ranking...). For my second online competition I think I did ok! :)

All 3 days, I won the first battle of the day and lost the last one. My most consecutive wins was 5 (two times).

My team was:

- Aggron (The one I used the most. Metal Burst+Sturdy was amazing! And Custap Berry + Earthquake if they survive. Problem: Knock Off and Mold Breaker... Lost quite a few because of this... But Aggron won me 18 out of the 29 battles he did)
- Whimsicott (My new favorite mon! So cute! Won me 7/10 battles I did with her. If it survived the first round (Leech Seed), game over for them!)
- Dragonite (Pure Strength! won 7/8 battles I used him. Didn't used more because of all the fairy types around! And freaking Mold Breaker Haxorus!)
- Greninja (Did its job, won 4/6. Nothing else to say...)
- Porygon-Z (Biggest disappointment! Lost both battles I used him! Never used i again...)
- Jellicent (I really like JellyGirl,but she didn't do great... Only won 1 against a Raticate out of 5 battles)

My adversaries:

- The ones they used the most against me were Aegislash (4), Sylveon (4) and Greninja (3).
- Most annoying defeats: 2 Perish Song Azumarill's and 1 freaking Aron that got on my nervs.
- Fought the 3 Forces of nature (2 Landorus, 1 Tornadus and 1 Thundurus). Aggron defeated them all!

This was really fun! Can't wait for the next competition. I'm new to this, do they do this different kinds of tournaments often? I entered Kanto classic too.

This was really fun! Can't wait for the next competition. I'm new to this, do they do this different kinds of tournaments often? I entered Kanto classic too.
Unfortunately, the kanto classic was in March, but they will have one competition every month although next month could be VGC, the next competition is usually announced a few weeks in advance.

More about my team: Out of all 60 battles, I NEVER used Azumarill or Aegislash. Shocking, right? They just never seemed to me like the right choice. Not sure if not using them was a good move or not. Having Azumarill in your Team Preview definitely changes the way the opponent chooses their Pokemon. I actually only faced one Azumarill, it was a physical beast (not Perish Song) and beat my Sawk with Aqua Jet priority. I guess it has more than Custap..

I luckily managed to battle for a few hours, and it's going well, sitting at 1813 after 27 battles. What is the highest ranked opponent you have faced during the competition? I'd expect the winner to be around 1830-1850 or so, but since japan isn't included, it might be lower...

Question: Do you know when the win/loss data is sent to the server? Because I won a battle, and after the win/loss display, the connection was lost during the ble "communicating" screen, almost immediately after it showed up. I don't know if the DC was on my part, but I've had competitions ruined by DCs before, so I wouldn't be surprised. The excact same thing happened earlier after a battle, but then the blue screen lasted at least a second before the DC, and that counted as a win for me.

I probably won it, but with maximum bad luck, it was stolen away. I hope not, because the victory will bring me up to about 1817, which will be my final score. I'm afraid it's not the best, but still very good. I've already been up in the 1815s twice, but I'm scared of being haxed/"team preview'd" again now that I don't have much time left, so I guess I'll chicken out.

Last edited:
More about my team: Out of all 60 battles, I NEVER used Azumarill or Aegislash. Shocking, right? They just never seemed to me like the right choice. Not sure if not using them was a good move or not. Having Azumarill in your Team Preview definitely changes the way the opponent chooses their Pokemon. I actually only faced one Azumarill, it was a physical beast (not Perish Song) and beat my Sawk with Aqua Jet priority. I guess it has more than Custap..
Stuff like Quick Claw and Custap give you a sort of.. hmm... false priority? I think of it like a half-point.
For example, Quick Attack has a priority of 1. Crunch has a priority of 0. Quick Claw Earthquake has 0.5 Priority. 0.5 > 0, so it outspeeds your Terrakion's Close Combat, but doesn't outspeed your Mega Luke's Bullet Punch since 1 > 0.5

So in your Sawk's case, a +0.5 priority Reversal is slower than a +1 priority Aqua Jet, despite Sawk having higher Speed than Azumarill.

Negative priority moves, you'd subtract 0.5. So, Quick Claw Vital Throw (-1) would go up to -0.5, which would stll move after a Psychic (+0) but faster than any opposing Vital Throw.

Hey guys!

Got 37/23 and ended up very close to the 1700's (lost the last battle and it probably made me loose my 1700 ranking...). For my second online competition I think I did ok! :)

All 3 days, I won the first battle of the day and lost the last one. My most consecutive wins was 5 (two times).

I guess my losing streaks on day 2 and 3 were too much for my rating.

I didn't do much worse than you (35/25) and I ended low 1500, like 1523 right before my last battle.
Highest I ever reached was on day 1. 1750ish.

I luckily managed to battle for a few hours, and it's going well, sitting at 1813 after 27 battles. What is the highest ranked opponent you have faced during the competition? I'd expect the winner to be around 1830-1850 or so, but since japan isn't included, it might be lower...

Question: Do you know when the win/loss data is sent to the server? Because I won a battle, and after the win/loss display, the connection was lost during the ble "communicating" screen, almost immediately after it showed up. I don't know if the DC was on my part, but I've had competitions ruined by DCs before, so I wouldn't be surprised. The excact same thing happened earlier after a battle, but then the blue screen lasted at least a second before the DC, and that counted as a win for me.

I probably won it, but with maximum bad luck, it was stolen away. I hope not, because the victory will bring me up to about 1817, which will be my final score. I'm afraid it's not the best, but still very good. I've already been up in the 1815s twice, but I'm scared of being haxed/"team preview'd" again now that I don't have much time left, so I guess I'll chicken out.
The only time I faced someone higher than me was in the very first couple battles because I was basically at 1500. Actually, the only person I battled that was even relatively close to me later on was a ~1740 person when I was ~1790. He won, though :/

The only time I faced someone higher than me was in the very first couple battles because I was basically at 1500. Actually, the only person I battled that was even relatively close to me later on was a ~1740 person when I was ~1790. He won, though :/
I battled now that the competition is almost finished, and the highest ones I met were 1790 (Luckily, I beat them). I guess those who went on a winning streak from there and got into 1820+ would just finish their tournament anyways, so it makes sense in that way.

Last edited:
Stuff like Quick Claw and Custap give you a sort of.. hmm... false priority? I think of it like a half-point.
For example, Quick Attack has a priority of 1. Crunch has a priority of 0. Quick Claw Earthquake has 0.5 Priority. 0.5 > 0, so it outspeeds your Terrakion's Close Combat, but doesn't outspeed your Mega Luke's Bullet Punch since 1 > 0.5

So in your Sawk's case, a +0.5 priority Reversal is slower than a +1 priority Aqua Jet, despite Sawk having higher Speed than Azumarill.

Negative priority moves, you'd subtract 0.5. So, Quick Claw Vital Throw (-1) would go up to -0.5, which would stll move after a Psychic (+0) but faster than any opposing Vital Throw.
That's pretty interesting, always good to learn something new. I noticed that when I fought an Aggron with a custap berry. I had my Aegislash use shadow sneak and it moved first. It's definitely a mechanic that's good to know for future competitions.

I battled now that the competition is almost finished, and the highest ones I met were 1790. I guess those who went on a winning streak from there and got into 1820+ would just finish their tournament anyways, so it makes sense in that way.
I battled very early on day 3 and I did see some people in the 1810's, but that was only about 2 people, and I beat one of them which would have tanked his rating, since I was only about 1740 at the time. This is the first competition in a long time that has had 60 battles which normally make you think it would allow the winners to have really high ratings, but since this format has a lot of luck to it, it would be harder to get a really high rating, so it's hard to predict how high people got.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Finished up Day 3 with fifteen matches, finished 26-28. Considering I wrapped up by picking a different 'mon each battle, not too shabby. I came to realize, however, that Thundurus-I has this team dead to rights...then again, I did get one instance of picking Barbaracle4, coming up against Thundurus-I, it getting cocky and using Nasty Plot...and eating Stone Edge for its troubles.

The Water-types put in a lot of work on this fine day...Serperior4 scored one win, but other than that my Waters were the ones keeping me from falling below the 1450 mark.

Day 1 finished 13-7, Day 2 18-2, Day 3 15-5 and was at a 19 game winning streak between day 2 and 3 for a total of 46-14 for the whole competition but lost my last game as my greninja become a choke artist missing the potential game winning hydro cannon. I was rated 1851 that time and went up against a 1580 player and im assuming that loss dropped my rating to 1820 something which is very bad. if i had won that game i could have a high chance of finishing #1 as i did not met any 1810 plus rated player on day 3.

It took a long time, but the results are finally out!

Flash Clash.png

Definitly happy with my score, considering how I barely had time to do the battles. Shoutout to Brian12345 for trading me parts of my team at last minute, really helped!

My team:
Flash Clash team.jpg

I used the dragons the most, with Sawk and Azumarill being frequent picks as well. The steels usually won the few time I chose them, but they were good to have to scare away togekiss and azumarill as well. I really wanted to use offensive custap berry Avalugg, but didn't have the time.

Last edited:
I finished 18th overall, which is my best finish since Primal Battle, so I'm pretty happy with how it went. Congratulations to Artic for finishing 6th, alphawall07 for finishing 5th and especially to Jake0743 for winning the Junior Division!
Congratulations too on finishing 18th overall, im still satisfied on what i achieved on this competition since this is my 3rd online competition and i wont forget my last game in this competition since it was a loss and if i had won that game i could have finished #1, but then im still happy on finishing at 5th overall. Well good luck to all of us who are joining the next johto online competition...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)