ORAS NU Flare Resonator (Peak #19 on the ladder)

Who is your favorite Eevelution?

• Total voters
Introduction

Hey guys servine1212 here. It has been a long time since I posted a RMT, and now I am here to bring you an RMT based around one of my favorite Pokemon of all time! AND HIS NAME IS FLAREON!!!

Team Building Process

When I set out to make this team I knew for a fact I wanted to build around a guts Flareon.

When thinking about Flareon's weaknesses to priority, rock, and ground type attacks it became apparent that Claydol would be a great partner while also providing rapid spin support.

Next I noticed how since Flareon will be poisoned he will be weak to certain stall mons, so I wanted to add a defensive mon with toxic spike to further support flareon. Weezing was an easy fit, while also being a decent check to swords dance Samurott which troubles Flareon and Claydol.

After noting my weakness to special water type attacks I decided to add in a Cradilly to help shut down rain teams and to also get up stealth rocks.

Next, it was time for some power and after testing around I decided to use a choice banded Primeape as it has u-turn to help pivot into flareon as well as powerful fighting stab to tear through Plareons counters.

Finally I wanted to add another check to water types as well as a choice scarfed mon to help wit my teams lack of speed. Choice scarf Samurott fit the bill perfectly with his access to grass knot decent bulk and solid special attack stat.

Squad Goals!

Flare Resonator (Flareon)

Resonator (Flareon) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Facade
- Baton Pass
- Flare Blitz

Oh man.... I based the entire team around. Flareon, but I did not expect Flareon to do as well as it did. This set is by far the best way to use Flareon. This set provides alot of offensive utility and flexibility. (The flame charge baton pass combo actually saved me vs a rain team once. )With this set Flareon can wall-break, baton pass speed boosts, or sweep late game. Flame charge allows for the speed boost to help Flareon or another offensive member of the team sweep, while flare blitz and facade hit like freaking semi-trucks. Flareon also serves as a status absorber and decent check vs. mons such as mismagius, vivilon, lilligant, and vileplume and most ice types. The way to play this set is simple: if its early game and they have no switch in spam flareblitz, if they have a switching either baton pass or flame charge and baton pass, if it is late game go for the flame charge and sweep. If you are wondering about flareons power just know these few things: Flareblitz 2 hit kos mega audino after stealth rocks, Facade 2 hit kos Quagsire after stealthrocks, And everything else just dies in 1-2 hits.

Mom (Claydol)

Mom (Claydol) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Aside from being a great mon on this team Claydol has also been a ridiculously good mon on it's own. This is the standard offensive spinner set, but I opted to use signal beam over shadow ball so I can better deal with Malamar and Shiftry. Claydol is a Malamar check, Fighting check, Rhydon check, Weezing check, Garbodor check, Steelix check, and rapid spinner all rolled into one! Also if this thing gets a speed boost it can be a threat vs offensive teams. Colbur berry is to protect it from knock offs and psyshock is to punish assault vest fighting types thinking they can stay in on it.

Snoop Dog (Weezing)

Snoop Dog (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split

Ahh yes the standard Weezing. There isnt much to say about this guy, he is a solid hazard setter fighting type counder and fairy check. I opted for max physical defense and pain split so Weezing can last longer as often times he will have to wall 2-3 mon per team soI would need him to be healthy for that. Weezing also has great synergy with Cradilly.

Cradildo (Cradily)

Cradildo (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Cradiy is one of the best blacket special walls in the tier end of story.... Cradilly blanket checks water, electric, fire, normal, and flying special attacks. Cradily also checks Tauros lacking iron head and is one of the best Lanturn counters in the tier. With toxic spikes up this man can stall out the majority of special attackers without breaking a sweat. I opted for stone edge over rockslide for the higher damage output so cradilly can 2 hit ko more offensive mons as well as destroy xatu on the switch. Gigadrain allows Cradily to be a mixed attacker as well as provide decent recovery whilst Cradily is Attacking.

Square up! (Primeape)

Square up! (Primeape) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This was my first time trying out choice banded Primeape and all i can say is....... IT WAS AMAZING! Primeape was a great offensive partner for Flareon as Flareon is able to 1-2 hit ko all of prime apes walls and baton pass him a speed boost which makes him a serious offensive threat. Primeape also destroys the rock types that can harass Flareon. As for his moves, earthquake is used for garbodor and stone edge is used for xatu. Primeape is usually my lead and thus does a great job of bluffing the choice scarf. For example if i lead Primeape and my opponent leads Miltank they will usually predict either to survive the hit or u-turn and go for thunder wave or stealth rock, but instead they will be greeted with a choice banded close combat that will destroy their miltank. With primeape you usually want to go for the kill if its early game, adn when it is mid to late game just click u-turn and profit.

Mustache (Samurott)

Mustache (Samurott) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Call me what you want but choice scarf Samurott is another amazing mon that came from this team. Samurott has good power and bulk and enough speed to out speed swellow while holding a choice scarf. What makes Samurott so great is that my opponent will expect the swords dancer set and switch their physical wall into it, but that will will be destroyed by a powerfull hydro pump (unless its lanturn). Grass knot is their so I can check other samurott and destroy quagsire on the switch. Hidden power fire is there to maim ferroseed on the switch. Another thing that makes scarf Samurott great is that people will expect choice specs to be its held item, so they will bring out a mon to revenge kill it only to have that mon get out sped and ohkoed by a hydro pump. Samurrot is usually a late game cleaner and lure for mons that commonly wall flareon, namely: ferroseed(not really), Quagsire( a little bit), and Garbodor.

Threat list
1. Rain teams- If Cradily dies early its basically gg unless i already killed their Ludicolo.
2. Vivilon with bug buzz- If this thing sets up while Cradilly is dead i am in trouble. also if it packs bug buzz it can seriously dent Cradily.
3. Guts users- Swellow and Zangoose are terrifying for this team to deal with. Weezing can take a hit and nail them with a sludge bomb while Claydol can take a knockoff and severely dent Zangoose with a STAB attack. Cradilly can take a hit from guts Swellow and ko it with stone edge.
4. Special shell smash userss- if cradilly is weak dead or gets critted it is basically gg unless samurrott is at almost max hp.

Conclusion
Overall this team was very solid and due to its ant-meta approach did very well in the meta-game and got me to 19 on the ladder.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-369735094 (Proof of peak game as well as a display of Flareons power)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-367827853 (older version vs rain team Flareon clutch)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-368710305 (Shows how dangerous shell smash can be)

Importable

Resonator (Flareon) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Facade
- Baton Pass
- Flare Blitz

Mom (Claydol) @ Colbur Berry
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Cradildo (Cradily) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Snoop Dog (Weezing) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split

Square up! (Primeape) @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Mustache (Samurott) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Torrent
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Attachments

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Hi servine1212, cool team you got there, I always thought cradily had some potential because it really checks a lot of stuff in 1 slot, and Cradily+ Claydol is a nice core followed by Ghost check in flareon which is important for cradily balance. My first look in the team gave me impression it doesnt have a lot of weaknesses, but ill give you few fixes that will improve your matchup vs offense/balance and help you with normal types in your threatlist. Youre also very weak to psychic types and archeops which arent in your threatlist but I find things like mesprit pretty hard to deal with here, so let me start.

Choice Band > Toxic Orb / Flash fire > Guts , Lets first focus on star of the team, Flareon is really scary wallbreaker and doesnt have a lot of switchins, it checks a lot of things example being Mismagius and ice types which are usually very threatening vs balanced teams. Choice Band gives you instant boost in power and doesnt let flareon get weakened easily, Flash fire is always prefered on band set because it will give you a scary boost to your flare blitz and Quick attack is here to revenge kill weakened sweepers like vivillon which are threatening to your team, iron tail is just a filler at this point and it hits things like audino while also hitting some neutral things and not letting flareon get recoil damage.
Flareon @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Iron Tail

Youre very malamar weak, and signal beam on claydol is rly predictable option to check it here, so having a more reliable answer is always useful. 248 hp/148 def/112 speed Evs with wisp/taunt/sludge bomb/pain split is a moveset of choice because i think you really need longevity on weezing over choosing Tspikes otherwise all that pressure would be on cradily to check a lot of physical threats, while I think Taunt weezing is a must have here.
Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split

Shadow Ball>Signal Beam on Claydol has always been a go to option for me, now that you have Malamar check with that Weezing spread you can allow yourself to run it, not only it hits psychic types like signal beam does but it also hits ghost types that prevent claydol from spinning.

>
I think scarf samurott is a pretty poor scarf user, and im also not a fan of scarf pokemon in general because they all lose momentum so hard and let setup sweepers become even more threatening to your team. Floatzel gives you the same coverage as samurott had, it outspeeds whole tier except swellow (You have a best specs swellow counter in game being cradily anyway), and Life Orb+coverage gives you a great late game cleaner and revenge killer.
Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass/Hidden Power Grass

>
Primeape is a bit off the point here and I feel it only makes team more vulnerable to psychic types and setup sweepers, while its wallbreaking capabilities are already done here by flareon, rock and steel types are checked by Claydol and Floatzel and Rotom here gives you another momentum user, psychic check,archeops check and normal type immunity
Rotom @ Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

-hope my suggestions helped you and gl in future :)

Last edited:
Hi servine1212, cool team you got there, I always thought cradily had some potential because it really checks a lot of stuff in 1 slot, and Cradily+ Claydol is a nice core followed by Ghost check in flareon which is important for cradily balance. My first look in the team gave me impression it doesnt have a lot of weaknesses, but ill give you few fixes that will improve your matchup vs offense/balance and help you with normal types in your threatlist. Youre also very weak to psychic types and archeops which arent in your threatlist but I find things like mesprit pretty hard to deal with here, so let me start.

Choice Band > Toxic Orb / Flash fire > Guts , Lets first focus on star of the team, Flareon is really scary wallbreaker and doesnt have a lot of switchins, it checks a lot of things example being Mismagius and ice types which are usually very threatening vs balanced teams. Choice Band gives you instant boost in power and doesnt let flareon get weakened easily, Flash fire is always prefered on band set because it will give you a scary boost to your flare blitz and Quick attack is here to revenge kill weakened sweepers like vivillon which are threatening to your team, iron tail is just a filler at this point and it hits things like audino while also hitting some neutral things and not letting flareon get recoil damage.
Flareon @ Choice Band
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Quick Attack
- Iron Tail

Youre very malamar weak, and signal beam on claydol is rly predictable option to check it here, so having a more reliable answer is always useful. 248 hp/148 def/112 speed Evs with wisp/taunt/sludge bomb/pain split is a moveset of choice because i think you really need longevity on weezing over choosing Tspikes otherwise all that pressure would be on cradily to check a lot of physical threats, while I think Taunt weezing is a must have here.
Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Pain Split

Shadow Ball>Signal Beam on Claydol has always been a go to option for me, now that you have Malamar check with that Weezing spread you can allow yourself to run it, not only it hits psychic types like signal beam does but it also hits ghost types that prevent claydol from spinning.

>
I think scarf samurott is a pretty poor scarf user, and im also not a fan of scarf pokemon in general because they all lose momentum so hard and let setup sweepers become even more threatening to your team. Floatzel gives you the same coverage as samurott had, it outspeeds whole tier except swellow (You have a best specs swellow counter in game being cradily anyway), and Life Orb+coverage gives you a great late game cleaner and revenge killer.
Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass/Hidden Power Grass

>
Primeape is a bit off the point here and I feel it only makes team more vulnerable to psychic types and setup sweepers, while its wallbreaking capabilities are already done here by flareon, rock and steel types are checked by Claydol and Floatzel and Rotom here gives you another momentum user, psychic check,archeops check and normal type immunity
Rotom @ Spell Tag
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

-hope my suggestions helped you and gl in future :)
Hey Thanks for being the first to reply but there are a few things I wish to talk about.

My team is designed to be Anti-meta in the sense that my opponnent cannot predict what will happen and in turn makes terrible plays against it. Psychic types are not an issue because choice banded u-turn from primeape maims them and cradilly walls everything not going for calm mind. If they do go for calm mind then flareon just switches in on the calm mind and tears them in half. Next thing is everybody switches in their malamar into my Claydol because they expect it to be the standard set with shadowball and in turn get destroyed. Also pirme apes u-turn, Flareons, Flareblits, And samurotts hydro pump do enough damage to keep malamars treat level at a minimum. Primeapes purpose is to surprise the people who expect scarf as well as be a recipient from flareons baton pass which essentially gives prime ape a dragon dance boost which is terrifying. Ill admit scarfed samurrott is not the best choice scarfed mon, but it is literally there to wall break as everybody and their mom expects physical Samurott nowadays. I may consider droping samurott for a rotom but the other mons unique sets give me the edge vs new player, and even if i rematch a player this team still holds its own as it is very difficult to switch around when im on the offense. Also the guts flareon serves as a great status absorber which this team desperately needs and the speed boost baton pass strategy is very good (see the replay vs the rain team). The speed bosst baton pass makes late game clean-up easy with prime ape or flareon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)