First RMT. . .Hyper-offense? Ubers Team

Hyper-offense (?) Uber Team

Introduction:

Hello Smogon. My apologies in advance if I mess up on this RMT, but this is my first that I actually tried on. As you can tell by the lack of a team preview (I'm not sure how you do that), I'm pretty new to this. Anyways, I'm not sure if this team is classified as hyper offense, but it's certainly an offensive team. I picked the V for Vendetta picture because Rayquaza happens to know the move V-Create . . .and the movie was good. Without further ado, the team:

The Team:

Deoxys-A @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 160 Atk / 160 SAtk / 188 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Psycho Boost
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower
- Shadow Ball

Acting as my lead in nearly all my matches, Deoxys-A is the definition of offense. Capable of ripping holes in enemy teams, he tends to take out at least one, if not two or three, of my enemies pokemon. His focus sash allows him to endure one hit from an enemy, e-speed allows for priority, psycho boost for stab, super-power to hit steel and dark types, and shadow ball to hit other psychic types. The only situations where he is unable to lead are when the opponent leads with a sand or ice weather inducer. His ev spread allows him to outrun threats like Darkrai and Mewtwo consistently.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Kyogre's role on my team is basically three parts: Revenge Killer, Weather War and Palkia Paralysis. Kyogre w/ Choice Scarf makes it very fast, and it's sp atk and sp def stats allow it to tank hits and KO back, with either STAB Surf, complete accuracy Thunder, or the anti-dragon Ice Beam. The combination of the last two is the variation of bolt beam I employ on my team. It let's me win weather wars against other teams due to its effect. It's last role is crucial, in that it must paralyze Palkia as soon as possible, as it is one of the greatest threats to my team.

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Bolt Strike
- Volt Switch
- Stone Edge
- Outrage

Zekrom acts as my physical sweeper and scout. He can deal massive amounts of damage to other base 90 spd pokemon with his STAB Bolt Strike and Outrage, with Stone Edge basically acting as filler. He can force switches on Choice Kyogre, and deal lethal damage to Lugia and Giratina, two very annoying walls in the Uber metagame. Volt Switch allows him to scout the other team for me.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock (Shadow Ball)
- Thunderbolt

Mewtwo is one of the best special sweepers in the game, and that's why I use him. BoltBeam hits everything in the game for neutral damage, and so did ShadowSphere. I used to use Shadow Ball, but replaced it with Psyshock because it allowed me to KO Chan/Blissey. Let me know if you guys think I should change back.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break
- Shadow Force
- Swords Dance

A-Ghost acts as my Ekiller check, and an excellent physical offensive threat. He is immune to Espeed, and will always KO Ekiller after SD, Brick Break, and Espeed. Shadow Force is there mainly for the stab benefit. Like Zekrom, he acts as a physical sweeper.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 128 Atk / 128 SAtk / 252 Spd
- V-create
- Draco Meteor
- ExtremeSpeed
- Energy Ball

Last but not least, Mixed Rayquaza. Max speed allows him to consistently outspeed base 90 dragons, and base 150 atk and sp atk stats slaugter basically everything he faces. V-create and Draco meteor capitalize on that advantage, Espeed is there for priority, and Energy Ball is there to hit Kyogre, Groudon, and Ttar for SE damage. An uncommon set yes, but probably my favorite. His air lock ability devastates weather teams, and acts as the second half of my weather war unit, along with Kyogre.

Team Stats:

The highest this team has ever gotten me on Smogon's server on PO is 17, and my score was 1238 at it's highest. Right now, I'm 44, and my score is 1188. I'm uploading this team because I want to make top 10, and am willing to make any change's I have to in order to do so.

Conclusion/Threats:

The biggest threat to this team is Scarfed Palkia. He tears through Ray and Zekrom, and gives Kyogre hell w/ Thunder. He inflicts massive damage to Mewtwo w/ Hydropump, and Deoxys-A is generally dead by the time he comes out. Dialga is also annoying, as it resists Dragon type moves, and essentially walls Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Zekrom, and Kyogre, while potentially spreading status and entry hazards which break Deoxys's Focus Sash.

So there you have it thats my team please criticize, and help me improve this team I'm open to advice, that's why I made this RMT after all. Please tell me what you see being a problem for this team so I can try to fix it. If you want to check out this team in battle, I'll happily play anybody who asks.

Congratulations on your first RMT!

Though I do not use pure offense teams myself, I have a few suggestions to help improve your team.
First of all, you should switch Mewtwo's Psyshock for Psystrike as it is effectively the same move with 20 more BP.
Secondly, you should get rid of Arceus-Ghost's Shadow Force and instead use Shadow Claw. Even though Shadow Force has significantly more power than Shadow Claw, Shadow Force's charge turn makes it useless against any team that has a normal type pokemon (such as ExtremeKiller Arceus) as all they have to do is switch in the normal type Pokemon. As this is your Arceus-Ghost's only move that hits Ghost type Pokemon, your Arceus-Ghost is almost useless against other Ghost types as they can switch out if you try to hit them.
Also, as Stone Edge does not give Zekrom any more neutral coverage for common Pokemon in the Ubers tier, I would suggest replacing it with Dragon Claw so that you do not have to lock yourself into Outrage if it is not necessary.
Finally, if you want to deal with Palkia, I would suggest using either Chansey or Dialga. Chansey can sponge Palkia's attacks easily (Excepting the rare physical set) and cripple with paralysis or poison while also providing your team with Heal Bell and/or Wish support. Dialga, when running a bulky set, is only 3KOd by Palkia using Spacial Rend (except if it uses choice specs where it 2KOs Dialga) and can OHKO back with Draco Meteor or 2KO with Dragon Pulse.

First off, welcome to smogon and this is, visually, one of the best RMT's I've seen in a while. Description-wise you're a little light but I'll to rate this team anyway.

Firstly, although t-wave for palkia seems a good idea on the surrface, it takes some good prediction and may be risky at times. As you're running hyper offense Water spout over thunder wave is a good idea. At full health this will dent almost anything (with the execption of palkia and sp.def ferrothorn) and as it packs more power then surf to start with it'll be able get you KOes quicker. I'd recommend to keep surf though as when your health gets too about three-firths surf'll be the better option.

Secondly I'd like to agree with Varfor on his first 2 suggetions. Psystrike IS more powerful and Psyshock doesn't have anything to top that so that's a no-brainer. With the use of Shadow Force you always run the risk of your opponent switching into a normal type or a pokemon that take ghost types well and giving your opponent momentum, which you need if you're using hyper offensive teams.

Next I'd like to recommend a set to counter palkia, using, as Varfor also suggested, a Dialga.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP, 56 Sp.Attack, 200 Sp.Def
Calm Nature (+Sp.Def -Attack)
-Stealth Rocks
-Draco Meteor
-Thunder
-Roar

This set is roughly the first set on Dialga's B/W analyse, with a few changes. Draco Meteor OHKO's Palkia which is the primairy reason why you're putting this guy on your team. The analyse has fire blast on here, but because you're running rain Thunder is surperior. It has perfect accuray in the rain and hits things like Kyorge, which I should point out is also a danger to your team. It OHKO's or 2HKO's everything on your team if using the standard scarf set so Dialga can also help wall it and hit back hard.

Stealth Rocks are to get some residual damage on your foes, which is helpful when against things like Ho-oh and Shaymin-S. Roar is too phaze. This'll be helpful if your opponent get too many stat boosts and you need it gone or if you want stealth rock to deal some pain to your foe's squad.

EV's are for special bulkyness to combat Palkia and Kyogre (among others) as well as let you deal damage with the Sp.Attacking investment.

I think Rayquaza is most expendable member here as you already have a mixed attacker on your team. As long as you keep Deoxys, Mewtwo or Arceus alive you shouldn't have a problem with Ferrothorn.

Hopefully this has helped!

Seems like a decent team. I'm for the dialga change otherwise I would strongly reccomend getting SR onto deoxys-a. Not only does your team seem to struggle with ho-oh (kyogre can't take many brave birds), hazards are pretty much essential on any team, particularly HO. Steel arceus might also be a better option than ghost arceus as you really need something to switch in on dragon attacks well and steel arceus still tackles e-killer quite nicely.

A few moveset changes: Run dragon claw over energy ball and stone edge on rayquaza and zekrom. The former as two draco meteors still do more than 2 super effective energy balls, and the latter because rock is just not very useful coverage on zekrom and not locking yourself into a move is really useful to zekrom's preservation.

for mewtwo, add cm over one attack, it is psystrike not psyshock for mewtwo and definitely have it. energy ball sucks, replace for like outrage so ray is mixed. too lazy to rate fully but just some quick notes give deoxys stealth rock because u might as well over one attack

On Zekrom, as you said stone edge is filler I recommend you replace it with hidden power fire. It hits both of the common Zekrom switch ins -Ferrothorn/Excadrill- very hard. A further plus is that you don't have to risk overpredicting through a choice item.

Pretty decent team you have here. I do have a few suggestions however.

Stealth Rock is a must on any team worth its salt, Deoxys-A is a reliable user of the hazard in the lead slot. ExtremeSpeed is a must, Superpower hits important targets like Darkrai, Dialga and Tyranitar so it should stay. Replace either Psycho Boost or Shadow Ball.

Thunder Wave on any pokemon holding Choice Scarf (except Trick Deoxys-S) is bad, especially when the move that makes Kyogre as feared and revered as it is isn't on the set. Replace Thunder Wave with Water Spout. Keep Surf, the power of Water Spout is dependant on the amount of HP it has left, at around 66% Surf becomes more powerful than Water Spout.

You said yourself that Stone Edge on Zekrom was pure filler,it needs replacing. I have three suggestions; Dragon Tail, Draco Meteor, Hidden Power [Fire]. Dragon Tail sounds weird but it allows you to scout your opponents switch in and force them out, racking up Stealth Rock damage and easing prediction later on. Draco Meteor is a powerful dragon STAB that doesn't lock you in and deals big damage to Groudon, one of the main switch ins to Zekrom. Hidden Power [Fire] has surprise value on its side and can hit both Ferrothorn and Excadrill hard, two of the very best switch ins to Zekrom. Its upto you which you use.

Why does Mewtwo have a Naive nature? It isn't using any physical attacks, Timid is the way to go. Psystrike over Psyshock is a no-brainer, Psystrike is the same move with more power. Thunder is better over Thunderbolt imo, you have Kyogre on your team so rain will likely be up, giving you a more powerful electric attack with a greater chance of side effect kicking in.

Why does Arceus-Ghost have a Hasty nature? It isn't using any special attacks, Jolly is the way to go. Shadow Claw is better than Shadow Force, it doesn't pack a charge up turn that the opponent can predict around and is more powerful over the two turns it takes to use Shadow Force(70*2=140, 140>120).

Energy Ball does very little for Rayqyuaza, Draco Meteor hits Groudon and even Kyogre very hard already. The move I will suggest in replacement isn't a move you would normally use on such an offensive dragon type but hear me out. I think Dragon Tail is the best option as it hits opponents decently hard on the switch in and forces them out, preventing the opponent from switching in the pokemon they want and racking up damage when combined with Stealth Rock. I advise you to steer clear of Outrage as Rayquaza already has powerful dragon STAB in the form of Draco Meteor and V-Create does the same damage against neutral targets anyway, it would only lock you in and allow the opponent to revenge kill you or worse, set up on you with something that takes Outrage comfortably.

Your team should perform better with these suggested changes. Good luck

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Pretty decent team you have here. I do have a few suggestions however.

Stealth Rock is a must on any team worth its salt, Deoxys-A is a reliable user of the hazard in the lead slot. ExtremeSpeed is a must, Superpower hits important targets like Darkrai, Dialga and Tyranitar so it should stay. Replace either Psycho Boost or Shadow Ball.

Thunder Wave on any pokemon holding Choice Scarf (except Trick Deoxys-S) is bad, especially when the move that makes Kyogre as feared and revered as it is isn't on the set. Replace Thunder Wave with Water Spout. Keep Surf, the power of Water Spout is dependant on the amount of HP it has left, at around 66% Surf becomes more powerful than Water Spout.

You said yourself that Stone Edge on Zekrom was pure filler,it needs replacing. I have three suggestions; Dragon Tail, Draco Meteor, Hidden Power [Fire]. Dragon Tail sounds weird but it allows you to scout your opponents switch in and force them out, racking up Stealth Rock damage and easing prediction later on. Draco Meteor is a powerful dragon STAB that doesn't lock you in and deals big damage to Groudon, one of the main switch ins to Zekrom. Hidden Power [Fire] has surprise value on its side and can hit both Ferrothorn and Excadrill hard, two of the very best switch ins to Zekrom. Its upto you which you use.

Why does Mewtwo have a Naive nature? It isn't using any physical attacks, Timid is the way to go. Psystrike over Psyshock is a no-brainer, Psystrike is the same move with more power. Thunder is better over Thunderbolt imo, you have Kyogre on your team so rain will likely be up, giving you a more powerful electric attack with a greater chance of side effect kicking in.

Why does Arceus-Ghost have a Hasty nature? It isn't using any special attacks, Jolly is the way to go. Shadow Claw is better than Shadow Force, it doesn't pack a charge up turn that the opponent can predict around and is more powerful over the two turns it takes to use Shadow Force(70*2=140, 140>120).

Energy Ball does very little for Rayqyuaza, Draco Meteor hits Groudon and even Kyogre very hard already. The move I will suggest in replacement isn't a move you would normally use on such an offensive dragon type but hear me out. I think Dragon Tail is the best option as it hits opponents decently hard on the switch in and forces them out, preventing the opponent from switching in the pokemon they want and racking up damage when combined with Stealth Rock. I advise you to steer clear of Outrage as Rayquaza already has powerful dragon STAB in the form of Draco Meteor and V-Create does the same damage against neutral targets anyway, it would only lock you in and allow the opponent to revenge kill you or worse, set up on you with something that takes Outrage comfortably.

Your team should perform better with these suggested changes. Good luck
...You do realize that this thread is a year and a half old?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)