SM OU First attempt at a team. Please be gentle ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently gotten into competitive battling so it's highly probable that my team might not be considered very good but any helpful tips or advice would be appreciated.

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

I wanted a physical sweeper that could OHKO lots of mons after a DD. Earthquake provides much need coverage against poison types as well as one shotting the Heatran switch.

Donphan @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

I wanted a rapid spinner and a stealth rocker as well as a physical tank but Donphan has been pretty poor in battle so far so I wouldn't mind replacing him. Although he's decent as a revenge killer on dragon types that are <50% HP.

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- U-turn

Here was my special sweeper that could also act as a scout with U-Turn if I was unsure what the opponent would start out with. His moveset provides tons of coverage and is able to outspeed almost anything.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Sylveon acts as a special tank that counters Greninja pretty hard even if Scald gets the burn off. I can also use it to stall with toxic, protect and wish.

Heracross @ Focus Sash
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Counter

I have Heracross here to stop physical mons who have set up with the Focus-Sash and Counter mix and with the Moxie he's swept a few teams on 1 HP if they weren't fast enough.

Venusaur @ Heat Rock
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Growth
- Synthesis
- Energy Ball

My idea with Venusaur here was to be a very bulky mon that could take special and physical hits but could then use the 8 turn Sunny Day which would activate its ability that doubles its Speed. The Sun would double its Growth and boost its Synthesis.

So far the main weaknesses I've come across have been Toxapex (who I've been considering), Gyarados, Mega Venusaur and Mega Scizor if Heracross goes down early. Poison types in general have been quite a nuisance due to the fact that they either have levitate or are also flying so my EQ coverage isn't very useful there. Rain teams and Stealth Rock have also been a pain. Any and all advice would be appreciated :)

Um.
Firstly, I would change Donphans item from Rock Helmet to Leftovers, so he can survive longer. Greninja, I would remove Scald and add Hydro Pump, for massive damage output. If you is afraid of missing, use Surf.
Slylveon isn't viable, it's better using Florges instead if you reat wanna a special fairy wall.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 2 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Moonblast is his main stab, and 112 is a good sp. Attack for a defensive mon. Wish and Protect are to heal yourself/the team, aromatherapy is so you can heal your team from toxic. If you wanna you can change Wishould to Synthesis and Protect to Toxic, but that's your choice. Anyways, don't let florges against a physical attack, otherwise it WILL die.

Um.
Firstly, I would change Donphans item from Rock Helmet to Leftovers, so he can survive longer. Greninja, I would remove Scald and add Hydro Pump, for massive damage output. If you is afraid of missing, use Surf.
Slylveon isn't viable, it's better using Florges instead if you reat wanna a special fairy wall.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 2 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Moonblast is his main stab, and 112 is a good sp. Attack for a defensive mon. Wish and Protect are to heal yourself/the team, aromatherapy is so you can heal your team from toxic. If you wanna you can change Wishould to Synthesis and Protect to Toxic, but that's your choice. Anyways, don't let florges against a physical attack, otherwise it WILL die.
Thanks! I'll test it out.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at RMTs in Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Your team also contains several Pokemon that aren't really viable in OU, so I'd recommend gaining more competitive battling experience before posting a team here. The OU forum contains many resources that can help you get a better grasp of the game. Let me know if you need any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)