Project Fill In The Blank (Week 10 - Partners in Crime)

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Despite the 10 votes for Cyril tbh's :fraxure: (these will not count you pains lol), the winner is Gambit_Gamin's :manaphy: with 4 votes!

The actual Pokémon was :manaphy: so congratulations for getting the clean sweep!

This week is a PiC team courtesy of the tier leader himself HiZo
:raging bolt::latios::gholdengo::incineroar::ogerpon-wellspring::poke ball:
Team was built around the 2 dragons, Raging Bolt and Latios, to form a Dragonspam core that hits hard with Draco Meteor boosted by Dragon Cheer.
Submissions end Friday February 23rd!

Also an announcement for some of you that may not know, but starting this upcoming weekend Tyrunt (baby #2) is coming (due date is the 24th) so starting next week I will have a list of rotating hosts beginning with Kinetic until my LoA is over and I am back in full swing!

I think ghold is IV-ed incorrectly
Anyways
:Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Pollen Puff
- Clear Smog
- Protect

I dont use amoonguss much so this set is bad, however, I do play standard doubles ou, and this stupid pun is a thorn I wish I could cut off

I think ghold is IV-ed incorrectly
If anything I think Latios has wrong IVs, Foul Play is kinda nonexistent and being slightly stronger when using passed phys moves is nice.
Anyways here’s my submission:

:iron hands:
Iron Hands @ Clear Amulet
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 176 Atk / 248 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Swords Dance

SD Hands gives a physical wincon that checks pesky steels like Kingambit or Heatran that check the dragons and Gholdengo. Hands likes the redirection from Wellspring to help it setup, and a second Fake Out user is always nice too. Hands also benefits from being passed levitate by Latios and appreciates being passed moves like Ivy Cudgel and Knock Off. EVs outspeed no speed Incin, hit atk bump and dump in spdef.

Last edited:

BoingK

back to the lab again
is a Pre-Contributor
I would have also said Iron hands but oh well

It's likely that the last mon is a fighting type, the FWG core is already satisfied. However another important type this team lacks is a ground.

:sv/great-tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
- Stealth Rock
- Body Press
- High Horsepower
- Bulk Up

I decided the team probably wants rocks more, and Tusk has the added benefit of passing Bulk Up to Ogerpon so it can act as a secondary wincon. Of course, Tusk itself can act as a wincon, with strong Body Presses and High Horsepowers. I didn't do EVs because I'm lazy!
Alternatively if you think the team doesn't need rocks, it could easily be Booster Speed Bulk Up to try and win a game first, but with the prevalence of Intimidate I really don't like this idea.

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/landorus::life-orb:
Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Poison
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Sandsear Storm

I chose Landorus due to its great ability in Sheer Force as well as the ability to threaten Steels like Kingambit and Gholdengo. It also appreciates the coverage from Gholdengo, Raging Bolt, and Latios. (And gives them coverage too)

Last edited:
its goblin meme submission time
:corviknight:
Corviknight @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Air Cutter
- Nasty Plot
- U-turn
Donates useful coverage, setup moves, and uturn, and can act as a late game sweeper

Gimmicky

You give me chills, I've had it with the drills
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
thanks for the heads up kinetic

With an overwhelming 5 votes, Chromate's :iron-hands: is the winner!
The actual Pokemon, though, was LOrd Fernado's :landorus:! Congratulations for getting it right!

Now, we have ourselves something unique: an Inheritance team courtesy of Don Vascus! The winner will be determined based on the base Pokemon, but if you can guess the donor, even better!
:gouging-fire::enamorus-therian::goodra-hisui::iron-hands::barraskewda::poke ball:
Gouging Fire the and other Poison spreaders are meant to wear things down, while Magic Bounce Enamorus provides useful hazard control and Barraskewda brings crucial speed control. Toxic can enable some fun (for the user, anyway) stalling strategies!
Submissions end Sunday, March 2nd!​

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:sv/zoroark-hisui::tauros::life-orb:
Tauros (Zoroark-Hisui) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tera Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Work Up
- Thunderbolt

Tauros!Zoro-H is my choice, as it can block away hazard removal from the Goodra variants and also provides a dedicated special attacker. It is also a second setup sweeper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)