Festival Plaza

I've been hatching Synchronize Abra to get all the usable natures, so this won't take long at all. This is worth it for the 5 Rare Candy alone. (thank you very much annoying grind to level 100)

We crushed the goal with ease (14,503,078 eggs hatched). Get your 2,000 or 4,000 FC reward by talking to the girl next to the PC when you enter Festival Plaza. The serial code to redeem 5 Rare Candy and Love Ball will be available mid-April. Next mission, which involves harvesting Poké Beans, will begin on April 25th at 04:00 UTC (and probably end on May 8th at 23:59 UTC), stay tuned!

Source

I'm guessing that, for the next mission, only Poké Beans that add to your total will count towards the mission, i.e. if you maxed out your Poké Beans and try to collect more, they won't count even if they disappear from Isle Abeens.

Last edited:
We crushed the goal with ease (14,503,078 eggs hatched). Get your 400 or 4,000 FC reward by talking to the girl next to the PC when you enter Festival Plaza. The serial code to redeem 5 Rare Candy and Love Ball will be available mid-April. Next mission, which involves harvesting Poké Beans, will begin April 25th at 4am UTC, stay tuned!

Source

I'm guessing that, for the next mission, only Poké Beans that add to your total will count towards the mission, i.e. if you maxed out your Poké Beans and try to collect more, they won't count even if they disappear from Isle Abeens.
Huh. I'm guessing you'll need to gather them from Isle Abeens specifically; gifts from other players or the cafes in the Pokemon Centers won't count. I guess I need to make use of the thousands I've already got to make sure I've room.

Well, I guess I'll be straight up throwing them away in batches of 50 if I want to contribute to this one.

Eh, I noticed they keep lowering the standard. I didn't join the BP gathering one, but the Score:Target ratio kept inclining.
Hatching 250000 eggs sounds like child's play considering breeding is unofficially the biggest part of Pokemon with competitive play.

Or maybe they're not done experimenting with the playerbase.

Did slip 3 eggs to get the extra rewards, so ha... that's like 10 rank up bonus.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well, I guess I'll be straight up throwing them away in batches of 50 if I want to contribute to this one.
What is the max limit you can get per day? Since there's 5 islands the max you can "throw out" easily is 250 in one go (and the timers last less than a day so if you go back later in the day you can probably toss out a batch more). But tossing the 250 per day should give you plenty of room to collect all the new Poke Beans. And if you still need to get rid of beans there's always the option of feeding them to your Pokemon.

Doesn't Poke Beans pile up for a x amount of days if you don't harvest them? If so, I've got a month's worth contribute with. So yay to free FC!

Poké Bean harvesting event has begun. Rewards as follows:

Goal: 3,000,000 Poké Beans
Failure: 200 FC
Failure and game linked to PGL: 400 FC
Success: 2,000 FC
Success and game linked to PGL: 4,000 FC
30 Poké Beans contributed: 5 Rare Candy
6,000,000 Poké Beans harvested: 1 Level Ball

Event has started and will end on May 9th at 23:59 UTC. Will test when I get home whether Poké Beans that don't add to your total contribute to the mission. If someone can get to that before me, please do so.

EDIT: Can confirm that Poké Beans that do not add to your total still contribute to the mission. I started the mission, was at 1,785 (max) regular Poké Beans, collected all the regular ones at Poké Pelago, went back to Festival Plaza to check my score and it was at 15. We're crushing this target soon.

Last edited:
Just a reminder if it isn't already on the Poképelago topic: You can tap the beanstalk after you collect your beans on Isle Abeens and make more fall. With just 5+ taps I already have 200 points to the total in mere minutes. Easy peasy.

Quote some random guy on reddit
Dragon Fang said:
Looking at the raw game-text in Sun & Moon, you can notice some interesting lines of dialogue which are most likely referring to the objectives of future Global Missions.

Hatch as many Pokémon Eggs as possible during the mission period!

Harvest as many Poké Beans as possible on Poké Pelago during the mission period!

Take as many photos that exceed 10,000 points as possible with your Poké Finder!

Catch as many Crabrawler as possible! They’re hiding behind Berries!

Defend your Pokémon League Champion title as many times as possible during the mission period!

Find fishing spots with bubbles coming out, and fish as many Pokémon or items as possible during the mission period!

Win as many Master Rank Battle Royals as possible during the mission period!

Win as many lotos as possible at Festival Plaza and tourist bureaus during the mission period!

Earn as many Battle Points as possible at the Battle Tree during the mission period!

Text for the previous two missions to catch Pokemon and catch / defeat Island Scan Pokemon, as well as for the ongoing mission to do GTS trades is there too.

Dates, rewards and numbers are mentioned nowhere. The order the missions are listed in above is random, and not necessarily the one they'll occur in.
Although highly improbable, it's not impossible for any of these to be changed or never happen.
not looking forward to a certain brachyuran mission :/

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Would be interesting to see how the Poke Bean mission goes, considering there's a limit to how many Poke Beans you can collect at a given time so it's going to need multiple days to complete, let alone get to the Level Ball goal.

Rapti:
Ooh boy... some of those are making me worried:

10k Photos: I'm guessing you need to fully upgrade the PokeFinder to start getting those level of photos. Eh, I've been meaning to do that so maybe will get on that. Still, considering how many points you need for the final upgrade, it's going to be a grind. Of course, that brings up what will the goal be as I don't think a lot of players will be willing to do that. Maybe instead of taking 10k photos how about just us getting to a certain amount of photo points?
Crabrawler: Wonderful, another catching one for one of the Pokemon most annoying to catch in the wild if you're not lucky.
Win Master Rank Battle Royals: HAHAHA!

The spoilers man! THE SPOILERS! >:[
(/doesn't actually care about you mentioning spoilers o3o)

On a serious note, everyone please try Battle Royals, they're fun and I don't want that metagame to disappear the way triples did

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see how the Poke Bean mission goes, considering there's a limit to how many Poke Beans you can collect at a given time so it's going to need multiple days to complete, let alone get to the Level Ball goal.

Rapti:
Ooh boy... some of those are making me worried:

10k Photos: I'm guessing you need to fully upgrade the PokeFinder to start getting those level of photos. Eh, I've been meaning to do that so maybe will get on that. Still, considering how many points you need for the final upgrade, it's going to be a grind. Of course, that brings up what will the goal be as I don't think a lot of players will be willing to do that. Maybe instead of taking 10k photos how about just us getting to a certain amount of photo points?
Crabrawler: Wonderful, another catching one for one of the Pokemon most annoying to catch in the wild if you're not lucky.
Win Master Rank Battle Royals: HAHAHA!
You can open and close the PokeFinder to reset for what Pokemon appears in the various spots if needed, but I believe taking photos of Bewear is the most consistent means to getting lots of points. Crabrawler won't be too hard as there's plenty of opportunities to encounter it across Alola.

The spoilers man! THE SPOILERS! >:[
(/doesn't actually care about you mentioning spoilers o3o)

On a serious note, everyone please try Battle Royals, they're fun and I don't want that metagame to disappear the way triples did
Triples are only really gone because the 3ds wouldn't be able to handle 6 pokemon at once on screen. It already lags with doubles, let alone how it'd lag with triples.

Winning Master Rank Battle Royals where everyone is out to get ya is sure going to be fun tho!!1! /s

Winning Master Rank Battle Royals where everyone is out to get ya is sure going to be fun tho!!1! /s
:[

(take into account battle Royales against the AI use rubberband AI mechanics, so you kinda have to faf around the first few turns then steal the victory from wichever Ai is winning,
which isn't exactly fun but at least can be predicted)

Winning Master Rank Battle Royale sounds too 'difficult' for Global Missions.

Unless they are willing to put incredibly low targets for that.

IMO a better idea would be playing Battle Royale online a set amount of time.

(And I would instantly train a Clefable, a Starmie and a Shiinotic with Spotlight)

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
A mission based on this would be absolutely helpful for me, for someone who is as obsessed with battle facility sets as I am, the lack of attention I have given the Royale has been appalling. This would be a clever way of getting me back in that ring.

That fishing mission is going to drive me to (more) insanity.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
A mission based on this would be absolutely helpful for me, for someone who is as obsessed with battle facility sets as I am, the lack of attention I have given the Royale has been appalling. This would be a clever way of getting me back in that ring.

That fishing mission is going to drive me to (more) insanity.
Not really, since I think bubbling spots are always the same. The easiest one to do is the one accessed by the Steelix boat in Seafolk Village, the spot where you can catch a Dhelmise. Since it's right next to the door you can easily reset it by going in and out.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Not really, since I think bubbling spots are always the same. The easiest one to do is the one accessed by the Steelix boat in Seafolk Village, the spot where you can catch a Dhelmise. Since it's right next to the door you can easily reset it by going in and out.
Oh, I'm not referring to the inherent difficulty of the task, I know how simple it is in this Gen thanks to that spot near the Ruins of Hope entrance. I've just found fishing boring for the entirety of the series.

I don't think it's about difficulty so much as it is about how dull and boring those missions are. Fishing is boring. Catching large amounts of pokemon is boring. Scanning QR Codes is boring. There are two clear cut-out answers for why all those missions failed so miserably: 1 - Nearly unrealistic objectives and/or 2 - They were boring as hell. Hatching a lot of eggs is also an incredibly boring task, but it's something the fandom learned to do compulsively, regardless of it, over the years, and that's the only reason why it was a success.

I don't think it's about difficulty so much as it is about how dull and boring those missions are.
Agreed. Fishing in itself is boring since most people will have completed the Pokédex by now, so there really is very little incentive to participate in the mission, given the rewards of FC, 5 Rare Candy, and an Apricorn Ball (not to mention that the Festival Plaza is not what they had hoped it to be). It would be different if, instead of fishing, it was just to chain and the goal were a cumulative chain of a certain number. At least the chance of getting a shiny would incentivize more players to participate. Not sure if they have a way to track it, though.

Agreed. Fishing in itself is boring since most people will have completed the Pokédex by now, so there really is very little incentive to participate in the mission, given the rewards of FC, 5 Rare Candy, and an Apricorn Ball (not to mention that the Festival Plaza is not what they had hoped it to be). It would be different if, instead of fishing, it was just to chain and the goal were a cumulative chain of a certain number. At least the chance of getting a shiny would incentivize more players to participate. Not sure if they have a way to track it, though.
Doesn't matter if they didn't complete the Pokedex, the bubbling spots only spit out something other than Magikarp and maybe Wishiwashi about 10% of the time. Few of the missions are exactly exciting, and the rewards are still pitiful. Since you have to log in to your PGL account to get your code for the rewards, why not have it that it's 5 Rare Candy for every multiple of the certain number to contribute you personally contribute? Or better yet, give us more than one Apricorn ball for the stretch goal reached reward! It doesn't have to be a huge number, 5 of the chosen ball would probably be nice enough incentive. (I still don't like that we get them back, but only one of each in the game and no way to purchase more, and this "well if you reach this number of ___ in this Global Mission, we'll give you ONE more of this ball - oh, but only if you've a PGL account!" almost feels mocking or something. They know players want these balls, so they're going to make players go through these missions just for the chance to obtain an extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)