Feraligatr

Has anybody thought of using Feraligatr on a Trick Room Team?

[SET]
name: Trick Room Sweeper
move 1: Waterfall
move 2: Ice Fang / Ice Beam
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Superpower
item: Life Orb
ability: Encourage
nature: Brave
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
ivs: 0 Spe

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i think encourage is illegal with icepunch. And dragon dance. And Aqua Jet. Unless encourage feraligatr is female.

I'm sorry if somebody has already asked this or if I just sound really stupid, but I can't seem to find any item called Swimming Goggles, did the translation make them go by another name? What exactly is going on with those?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i think encourage is illegal with icepunch. And dragon dance. And Aqua Jet. Unless encourage feraligatr is female.
The only one that can pass on a DW ability is the mother. So you could easily get a male 'Gatr with those moves and breed him with a Sheer Force female to get the moves and ability you want.

The only one that can pass on a DW ability is the mother. So you could easily get a male 'Gatr with those moves and breed him with a Sheer Force female to get the moves and ability you want.
Well everything I have read leads me to believe that all of the starters will be male when released from the dw... So idk if it will be possible @ anytime soon

I can't wait until feraligators Dream World ability gets released. It's going to be so powerful especially with Dragon Dance.

I think if a female DW Totodile is ever released, Aqua Jet + DD will actually be legal, since Dragonite can learn Aqua Jet from breeding and since Dragonite can pass down DD to Feraligatr, it should work. Likewise, a 4th Gen Dragonite can pass down Ice Punch and DD to Feraligatr. Obviously, this also applies to 5th Gen Torrent Feraligatr.

I think if a female DW Totodile is ever released, Aqua Jet + DD will actually be legal, since Dragonite can learn Aqua Jet from breeding and since Dragonite can pass down DD to Feraligatr, it should work. Likewise, a 4th Gen Dragonite can pass down Ice Punch and DD to Feraligatr. Obviously, this also applies to 5th Gen Torrent Feraligatr.
Dragonite doesn't get Ice Punch though. With Sheer Force though, Ice Fang is at least better than his old Torrent Ice Punch. Sheer Force IP is optimal, but maybe not meant to be.

SD + Aqua Jet would be a better Samurott!

Dragonite doesn't get Ice Punch though. With Sheer Force though, Ice Fang is at least better than his old Torrent Ice Punch. Sheer Force IP is optimal, but maybe not meant to be.

SD + Aqua Jet would be a better Samurott!
Dragonite gets Ice Punch from the 4th gen Move tutors, however I'm not sure if it'll pass down. I'm fairly sure a 4th Gen Feraligatr could also pass it down along with DD but we can't be sure. Either way, Torrent DD has the advantage of using Low Kick on Ferrothorn.
Also yes, SD + Aqua Jet on is better on Feraligatr then on Samurott due to the former's overall superior stats (barring HP and Special Attack)

[SET]
Ability: Torrent
Name: Annoyer
Item: Lax Incense
Careful Nature
255 HP / 255 Spd

-Screech
-Aqua Jet
-Earthquake
-Block

What better way to annoy a foe by having high evasiveness, lowering the foe's Defense harshly, and blocking the foe from even escaping! Using its brand new Egg move, Block, it can easily annoy foes to a big extent! Start with Block, then use Screech for a gigantic Defense drop. From there, you can use Aqua Jet if you want to speed ahead of everyone, or use Earthquake for a powerful attack that kills Electrics.

[SET]
Ability: Torrent
Name: Annoyer
Item: Lax Incense
Careful Nature
255 HP / 255 Spd

-Screech
-Aqua Jet
-Earthquake
-Block

What better way to annoy a foe by having high evasiveness, lowering the foe's Defense harshly, and blocking the foe from even escaping! Using its brand new Egg move, Block, it can easily annoy foes to a big extent! Start with Block, then use Screech for a gigantic Defense drop. From there, you can use Aqua Jet if you want to speed ahead of everyone, or use Earthquake for a powerful attack that kills Electrics.
Lax incense is banned. This also requires three turns minimum to set up, during which your opponent isn't just going to sit around doing nothing even if they're trapped.

Also, why would you ever use screech unless to force switches? Swords Dance would be a completely superior option as you keep the boost after KOing and it's "100% accurate".

Screech not only stops the almighty Unaware Quagsire (or even worse, Unaware Bibarel), it also keeps you from hurting yourself too badly in confusion. You don't want to give all of those Swagger users even more fuel for the fire!

tehy

Banned deucer.
vaporeon, you can avoid giving the hypothetical swagger users fuel for the fire by killing them.

Besides, anything you trap will be what your enemy wants in on feraligatr anyways, except it'll be without any boosts or damage done to your counter AND with you having one less moveslot.

And no one uses unaware bibarel.

Uhh, I'm pretty sure VaporeonIce's comment is meant to be sarcastic.

To add to the discussion, when/if Sheer Force Feraligatr is released, how big of an impact will he make? What tier do you guys forsee him to be in?

You know what? Let's replace Screech with Swords Dance and Earthquake with Protect. Protect annoyers are such a pain in the neck.

Or... let's replace this restraunt's coffee with Folger's Crystals and their burger with DVDs. Let's see if they notice.

-----------------------
TeamRocket evil incorporated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)