ORAS RU Feel Safe

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Shoutouts Accelgor for the cool banner!

Introduction
Now that ORAS is ending I thought it'd be a good idea to make one final ORAS RU RMT. This one ended up becoming one of my favorite teams because of how easy to use and effective it is, while using Mega Audino, a pokemon I always underestimated but after trying it out it ended up surprising me. I didn't really build around anything specifically, I just played around with some cores until I found combinations that I really liked and just went from there.

Teambuilding Process
Like I said, I was just playing around with different mons and cores, eventually I thought I'd use something with Mega Audino in it, because why not. Then I paired it with Slowking and Registeel to complete the fat water + steel + fairy core that people like to use in this tier, also the added Psychic and Normal types from Slowking and Mega Audino respectively complemented each other rather nicely. I had the core, now I needed something that could take advantage of this backbone, SD Virizion was my first option, as Registeel dealt quite nicely with the flying types, Slowking was a nice answer for Scarf Emboar, and Audino just dealt with Sneasel, all of these are mons that can revenge kill Virizion so this was pretty much a nobrainer. Psychic types looked really annoying so I added Scarf Drapion to deal with these and give me a form of speed control, also being able to spam STAB Knock Off is always helpful. Finally I needed hazard removal and an electric immunity, so the obvious choice was Flygon, this also gave me a way of stopping VoltTurn cores momentum and create its own, which is pretty cool.

The team

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpA / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Registeel is my rocker of choice, who also fills the role of being a special wall, being able to tank hits from powerful special attackers in the tier. 24 Special Attack EVs with Thunderbolt are used to always break Bulk Up Braviary's substitute, I put 16 speed EVs to outspeed modest Mega Camerupt and get a final Seismic Toss or Stealth Rock if needed, Toxic just whittles down pretty much everything that gets hit with it, especially useful for defensive walls such as Alomomola and stuff.

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

Virizion is still one of my favorite RU mons to use, really easy to support and works as an amazing set up sweeper. Swords Dance + STABs is pretty straightforward, being able to easily 6-0 slower builds (can be seen here). Zen Headbutt is the last move as it helps vs poison types that usually wall it such as Weezing and Garbodor, but more specifically for Venusaur, as defensive Venusaur can stop Stone Edge Virizion from sweeping due to its high bulk and a form of recovery in Synthesis. Stone Edge can be used over Zen to beat Delphox and Sigilyph but I feel that Zen works way better in this team.

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Slowking works as a primary fighting and fire check for the team, and creates a really nice Regenerator core with Audino. With Calm Mind, Slowking also works as a late game wincon when most pokemon that can status it are gone. Colbur Berry is the item I picked because before Audino mega evolves, Slowking is basically my only switchin to fighting types, and most of the time these will click Knock Off and do a lot of damage to it; it also lets Slowking switch out vs Pursuit trappers safely.

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Scarf Drapion became a pokemon I can just use in any team, it's just so useful. Thanks to its already high speed I can run an Adamant nature to hit as hard as possible while still outspeeding popular scarfers such as Medicham and Emboar. It also lets me Pursuit trap different pokemon with ease, but more importantly the annoying fast Psychic types in the tier such as Sigilyph and Delphox, it's also able to revenge kill Virizion with Poison Jab, which is amazing considering Virizion can really threaten this team. Earthquake is in the last slot just so I can hit stuff like Mega Camerupt and Emboar for super effective damage.

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

I'll admit it, Mega Audino really surprised me when I first started using it. I used to hate the fact that it lost Regenerator and wasn't pure fairy after mega evolving, but this pokemon is actually really decent, one thing that really called my attention is that it is able to avoid the 2HKO from Scrafty's High Jump Kick at +1 and KO it back with Dazzling Gleam, which is just amazing. Audino keeps the team healthy with Wish and Heal Bell, it also works as a secondary fighting check after it mega evolves as it's able to tank most hits quite comfortably, also being able to abuse Regenerator prior to mega is also really useful for pivoting. 16 EVs in Speed lets you outspeed modest Mega Camerupt in case you need to shoot one final Wish, while 24 EVs on Special Defense lets you take some hits from pokemon such as Sigilyph and LO Hoopa more comfortably.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Flygon is such an easy mon to use, it provides a bunch of useful things you ask for in pokemon such as electric and ground immunity, Defog, U-turn, auto recovery in Roost, and its stats are really decent too, but coming up with a good spread is really awkward since you want to do a lot of different things with it. The one I'm using is max Attack to hit as hard as possible with enough speed to outspeed base 95s such as Drapion and Houndoom but also so I can get a slower U-turn vs opposing fast Flygon and Sigilyph, this is so I can U-turn on its Roost (or in case it wants to go for any move, since Flygon can tank a hit) and then trap it with Scarf Drapion. You can run max speed but I find this to be really useful at times. Moves are straightforward as usual, Roost for recovery, Defog to remove hazards, U-turn provides momentum and Earthquake is a reliable STAB.

Replays
I really haven't saved many replays with the team, got some from the seasonal tour:

The only things I feel that really threaten this team are SD Escavalier and SD Virizion, both incredibly annoying mons to face, although both are manageable. Viriz isn't able to OHKO Mega Audino at +2, which gives it the opportunity to hit a STAB Dazzling Gleam, Drapion revenge kills it and it also needs to win the speed tie vs my own Virizion. Escavalier can be whittled down by Registeel, Flygon, Drapion and Virizion. Other than that this team is pretty fun to use, hope whoever comes back to ORAS RU and decides to use it has as much fun as I did.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpA / 216 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Audino-Mega @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

tug, ru skype group, mexdon, "anto fan club" (that's the new name apparently lol), battle spot and tours room, my ltpl team, you guys are all cool, I'm not doing individual shoutouts because then poeple complain because I forgot about them and/or they call me a likewhore lol, if you are in any of these groups, know you're cool <3

feel like I rate all ur shit, so i'll just keep tradition

i dig this tho; as far as these types of balances are concerned, it's very aware of the pacing it sets in terms of what's getting run in what capacities, so beyond preferential complaints i can't really argue the structure of it. bearing that in mind, i would consider some minor things that might tweak the performance of this team here.

firstly, I would highly recommend you mess w/kebia berry virizion here, cuz this is the ideal context for it imo. pushing lum doesn't feel conducive to this mid-paced team, especially considering the presence of a cleric. the increased leniency of play a poison neutrality would give you in the balance v.balance scenarios (both v.the opposing scarf drap and defensive venu to a lesser extent) seems like just what this team needs given its choice to forgo a more directly threatening beater.

less pressing a matter, idt u-turn gonner is all too valuable to this team here. ive always felt that offensive momentum for these type of team isn't overly valuable unless it's tethered to a dude that's making a lot of those turns (ie a stronger pursuitmon, a nuke like exploud, etc), and the gonner -> scarf drap interraction just doesn't net that kinda value. the usual tox is usually my recommendation here, but given context and ur threat list i think some consideration could be given to fire punch as well. in with that, u could stand to bump speed to 232 evs for sigilyph, just as that 'couldn't hurt' type extra consideration.

lastly, 16 spd on slowking ensures camerupts fire blast + ep doesn't ko from full, so ill usually find myself plugging that b.c even with these decent water + gonner teams, I always feel like camels are a couple good predictions away from shredding (esp wisp rest, the truth of camel sets).

again, cool team, thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)