Favourite foods?

I absolutely love Asian food of all descriptions. Thai and Japanese cuisine in particular is my favourite, and in terms of specific foods, high quality sushi tops all. I also love Middle Eastern, Greek and Indian cuisine. The peppers and strong spices of Arabic and Indian cuisine appeal to me the most, their food just has so much flavour. Shawarmas and curry in particular are just so delicious. American BBQ is also really great when it is done well.

Despite these preferences, I will literally eat anything put in front of me. What are some of your favourite foods?

gdi panther you took my answer
I don't really have any particular favorites. Anything that is appealing to the eye works for me most of the time. If I had to choose? Kare Kare, which is a Filipino stew/broth thingy made with peanut sauce and various parts of beef and pork (feet, tail, etc.) in it.

Sushi and pasta are my two favorite foods, and some of my other favorites are yakisoba and medium rare steak. I mainly like Japanese and Italian foods, though I also like the small amount of Middle Eastern food I've had in the past.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Raw salmon. Both Japanese style and Norwegian style are divine.
Raw oysters. I love my raw oysters from France.

It's nice that I have a rich aunt who occasionally invites me to meals like these... and that I don't have to pay.
But actually, I really wish I could be a successful person instead of relying on other people.

Last edited:
I have quite the sweet tooth, and I love anything with chocolate in or on it.

As for meals, I'm a huge taco fan, both the soft and hard shell kind.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Beef burgers are the best food and if you say otherwise you are objectively wrong.

In all seriousness though I like a lot of oriental cuisine; Japanese is far and away my favorite, but I also like Chinese every now and again and I will happily eat food from different parts of oriental Asia without complaining. Satay is one of the best things known to man. Probably the best way to eat is at one of the Singaporean food courts 'cause you have such a huge selection and its dirt cheap.

Some of my favorite Japanese foods include hosomaki/nigiri (salmon is the best type imo), ramen miso, tori/ika karaage, harumaki, ebi tempura, soft shell crab, salmon sashimi, any type of teriyaki, yaki soba stir fry and yaki udon stir fry, but I'll happily eat most Japanese foods 'cause that type of food just really suits me in general.

As for western food, as I said earlier beef burgers are my favorite food, but beyond this I like yorkshire puddings, brisket, roast lamb leg, roast topside beef, roast chicken, pork sausages, kangaroo jerky, beef jerky, medium rare steak (Aldi's steaks are the best supermarket steaks), steak and ale pie, chicken pie, and a buttload more too. Frogs legs taste like chicken and are really nice. Also, being 3/8 Irish, it's only natural that I like potatoes and would happily eat three types with every meal. Really creamy mashed potato is one of the best things you could ever eat, and probably the best mash I've ever eaten was at the Broadhaven Bay Hotel in Belmullet, Maigh Eo, Ireland.

I love food xD

Last edited:

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
salad, cheese, pad ki mao, spinach w garlic, beans, pickled jalapenos, eggplant, pumpkin spice pancakes/waffles/bread.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
My favourite cuisine is middle eastern type stuff. I love all the spices they use, love falafel, humous, baba ganoush,stuffed vine leaves etc... I could eat that shit forever.

I also am slightly obsessed with Pesto. There's not much better than a homemade basil pesto if you ask me.

Love most things cheesy as well. Would happily eat pasta+creamy/cheesy sauce at any point, with mushrooms+ham/bacon/pancetta. I have to limit myself though, cos it's dead unhealthy.
Particularly love goats cheese. In fact, I think my favourite flavour combination is goats cheese+caramelised red onion. Soft goat's cheese and caremelised red onion chutney in a warm ciabatta with some rocket leaves is a lovely thing..

My friends sometimes take the piss out of me for having posh tastebuds

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Absolutely fucking love chicken alfredo. Most pastas (except with green stuff ugh) are amazing but that one specifically is godlike.

Also this heavenly stuff right here:

Not sure what its called in english honestly but I never expect to find it in good quality anywhere except home so whatever.

And finally, I absolutely love garlic bread and popcorn.

yesss Japanese food is so good?? I love how it feels really light in your stomach but is so full of flavour

Recently, I've been eating a lot of Korean BBQ.

]

I've been eating shortrib since I was small enough to crawl into a pillowcase. Seared meats are a definite favorite of mine.
I can agree that Korean BBQ is amazing. There's an Asian butcher shop close to where I live and you can get ribs at a great price. After you marinade them for 24 hours, you BBQ them and enjoy. Really good stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)