Event Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
New Pokemon Direct Coming:

June 6th (tomorrow) on Nintendo's Youtube and Twitch channels at 23:00 JST / 15:00 BST / 10:00 EDT.

Nothing has been said what it would be about.

As a tie-in to the Aeon Pokémon Fair this summer, various Pokémon based on the anime are to be distributed at Aeon stores across Japan:
Mallow's Steenee: June 17th to June 25th
Kiawe's Turtonator: June 26th to July 4th
Lillie's Alolan Vulpix: July 5th to July 14th

Marshadow and its Z Crystal (Marshadium Z) to be distributed in cinemas for the upcoming movie. Makes my pre-sale ticket even more worth it (since I also got the Ash Hat Pikachu and Pikashunium Z). Its exclusive Z-move is also officially revealed as Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike. Question is, will it come in a regular Poké Ball without ribbons so I can finally do a giveaway here?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
According to Serebii, the same CoroCoro issue also mentions a Ho-Oh distribution happening next month. No word on the ability or anything, just that it's happening.

The animation for Marshadow's Z-Move, Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike, has just been released.

The Marshadow that will be distributed in cinemas will be level 50, holding Marshadium Z, with the moves Spectral Thief, Close Combat, Force Palm and Shadow Ball.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
We've always knew what it looked like.

But speaking of whom, the event Marshadow's moves have been confirmed:

Spectral Thief (Obviously, Signature move and needs it for its Z-Move. Plus its a pretty good move)
Close Combat (Great! That pretty much covers its STABs, now they can focus on coverage or utility)
Force Palm (Er, okay, I mean I guess its nice to have a Fighting-type option that doesn't have a negative effect but there's better options)
Shadow Ball (... it's a physical attacker. Yes, it's Special Attack is okay, but any competitive ones will have either an Adamant or Jolly Nature)

And it's not like Marshadow is suffering in movepool options. It gets the elemental punches, Drain Punch, Shadow Sneak, Jump Kick, and Sucker Punch (actually, Shadow Ball isn't even a level-up move! With TMs as options there's Acrobatics, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, & Poison Jab).

Well, it's no big deal, you'll just have to give it the right moves.

Oops, I didn't realise the animation was already known. Probably misled by the tweet that said "first reveal". In any case, if it comes in a regular Poké Ball, I'll SR it and do a giveaway, though it'll most likely come in a Cherish Ball.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Oops, I didn't realise the animation was already known. Probably misled by the tweet that said "first reveal". In any case, if it comes in a regular Poké Ball, I'll SR it and do a giveaway, though it'll most likely come in a Cherish Ball.
Well the tweet is from the official Pokemon Company, of course they're going to pretend no one knows about it even though as soon as the games are released we have hackers scooping out the game's internals like their Hannibal Lectar.

Seven-Eleven is having a lottery event where you can win the prizes listed, ranging from plushies to pouches, glasses to hand towels. Each lottery ticket costs ¥620 and you're guaranteed a prize.

There will be a Jirachi distribution at the Tohoku Pokemon Center from August 6th to 13th to celebrate Tanabata.

Meanwhile, the Victini that's being given out as part of the celebration of the re-opening of the Tohoku Pokemon Center is level 15 and has the moves V Create, Reversal, Stored Power, and Celebrate. Source.

A few distributions have been announced.

First, a serial code to redeem Mew (level 50) will be distributed at 7-11s all over Japan by connecting to 7Spot between July 11th and July 31st. The code can be used from July 11th to August 7th. This Mew has the ability Synchronize and comes with Psychic, Barrier, Metronome, and Transform.

Second, serial codes to redeem Ash's Charizard (level 40), Soji's Lucario (level 40), and Makoto's Piplup (level 30) will be distributed by the same method between August 1st and August 20th. The code can be used from August 1st to August 28th.

The codes are distributed every day within the aforementioned periods, but only between 7am and 7pm. All the above Pokémon are based on the "Pokémon I Choose You" movie that is coming out next Saturday (and don't forget the Marshadow distribution).

Last edited:
Coro Coro has some information about the Ho-Oh distribution. It will be level 100 with the ability Pressure, holding the item Sacred Ash. Its 4 moves are Sacred Fire, Brave Bird, Recover, and Safeguard. Source.

The Marshadow that will be distributed at cinemas will come in a Cherish Ball. Also mentioned earlier that it will be level 50, holding Marshadium Z, with the moves Spectral Thief, Close Combat, Force Palm and Shadow Ball.

Last edited:
You should totally have linked the image because it's ridiculous how much they hype up this thing

A full two-page spread for one 18-year old event Pokémon, huge text proclaiming it's awesome, multiple images of it beating stuff up -- I don't think even newly-revealed Pokémon get this much shilling, bloody hell. They REALLY want you to get this.

A full two-page spread for one 18-year old event Pokémon, huge text proclaiming it's awesome, multiple images of it beating stuff up -- I don't think even newly-revealed Pokémon get this much shilling, bloody hell. They REALLY want you to get this.
Of course they do, it's the star of an upcoming movie dontcha'no; want a regenerator Ho-Oh? Please buy the VC releases next november

For those with EU versions of Sun/Moon, new event just begun. It´s shiny Tapu Koko, the same as the japanese one with Electric seed. It´s downloaded via Internet, no code necessary.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You should totally have linked the image because it's ridiculous how much they hype up this thing

It's not like it is that rare or hard to get either. It's catchable in OR, which is literally the previous Pokémon game to come out before the current ones. It's been almost three years, but still, you still find ORAS in some store shelves. And the announced moveset consists entirely of level-up moves. A better moveset than it would actually have at level 100, true (Future Sight/Natural Gift/Calm Mind/Sky Attack), but it's still a very generic moveset compared to the hype it's getting.

Not as bad as that episode with Masuda coming on Pokémon Sunday to announce the distribution of Electro Ball Mewtwo, but still...

I actually did link it as the source lol, I guess I'll put images in spoiler tags from now on. It's odd how they hype it up, but I guess it's for people who didn't pay for Poke Bank or kids whose parents won't pay for their Poke Bank.

EDIT: No wait, you can trade between ORAS and SM, literally just get a friend to help transfer, so never mind. Gonna get myself a Marshadow tomorrow, though.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
*Sigh* I miss the days of them giving Event Pokemon special moves they can't normally learn. Like I get why they changed it, if one was brought to a competition it was had to keep track if it was a legitimate one (though that could be solved by just saying for official competitions Pokemon can only use moves they can possibly get in the game). Like, imagine if they gave Aeroblast or V-Create to Ho-Oh? That would be neat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)