Level: 50
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Spin
- Encore
- Roost
- Earthquake / Thunder Wave

The legend of Dragonite still lives on to this day! Thanks to its good bulk, Multiscale, and great utility movepool, Dragonite can function as a great stallbreaker. Fire Spin allows Dragonite to trap foes and stall them out with the combination of Encore, Roost, and Multiscale. Earthquake allows Dragonite to hit threats that it would be completely passive against, like Stamina Archaludon, Gouging Fire, and Flutter Mane, although Thunder Wave can be used for speed control against fast Pokemon like Urshifu-R and Roaring Moon. Leftovers provides Dragonite with as much longevity as possible while also making it easier for it to activate Multiscale. Tera Fairy allows Dragonite to flip matchups on Roaring Moon and opposing Dragonite, as well as cancelling out most of its weaknesses. Prior to Terastallizing, Dragonite still struggles greatly against Ice-types like Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, so partners such as Assault Vest Archaludon and Porygon2, respectively, are appreciated. Porygon2 in particular is a great teammate, since it can cancel out Chien-Pao's ability via Trace, while Dragonite can deal with the Urshifu formes. Scizor is also a great teammate, since it is a great pivot and has an Ice-type resistance.

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Starting to feel less sick (though it came at the cost of my ranking this season, I sure tanked that LOL), so I'll give this a check now!

- For the being passive against Archaludon part: you might want to specifically say Stamina Archaludon, offensive Sturdy ones have been on the rise and they can be real trouble for this kind of Dragonite set unless you paralyze them!

- Speaking of Archaludon and Primarina, I'm not sure those are the checks I'd mention for Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle, Chien-Pao in particular is really good at blasting Primarina with Tera Electric (which is used on around 40% of Chien-Pao). AV Archaludon IS a good mention for Iron Bundle, but note that mon can be reliant on Tera to beat some Chien-Pao because of Sacred Sword ignoring Defense boosts.

- I'd give Porygon2 a mention as a teammate instead: it can provide extra paraysis (which greatly extends Encore's range of targets to mess with), and it does mess with a lot of Chien-Pao sets (gotta love that Trace nuliifes Chien-Pao's ability lol), and in return, Dragonite helps Porygon2 out a lot with Urshifu formes.

- Another good teamamte to mention is Scizor: its one of the best bulky pivots around and has that nice Ice resistance, even if it doesn't do perfect vs Iron Bundle.

(so tl;dr with teammates, I'd remove Primarina unless its that nasty but rare Whirlpool set, keep Archaludon, add Scizor and Porygon2).

The rest of this looks good to me though, once you address the teammates stuff I think this is good to go!

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add (AC=add comma)
Remove (RC=remove comma)

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Spin
- Encore
- Roost
- Earthquake / Thunder Wave

The legend of Dragonite still lives on to this day! Thanks to its good bulk, Multiscale, and great utility movepool, Dragonite can function as a great stallbreaker. Fire Spin allows Dragonite to trap opponents foes and stall them out with a the combination of Encore, Roost, and Multiscale. Earthquake allows Dragonite to hit threats that it would be completely passive towards against, like Stamina Archaludon, Gouging Fire, and Flutter Mane, although Thunder Wave can be used for speed control against fast Pokemon like Urshifu-R and Roaring Moon. Leftovers provides Dragonite with as much longevity as possible,(RC) while also making it easier for it to activate Multiscale. Tera Fairy allows Dragonite to flip matchups on against Roaring Moon and opposing Dragonite, as well as cancel cancelling out most of its weaknesses. Prior to Terastallizing,(AC) Dragonite still struggles greatly against Ice-types like Chien-Pao and Iron Bundle pre-Tera, so resists partners such as Assault Vest Archaludon and Porygon2,(AC) respectively,(AC) are appreciated. Porygon2 in particular is a great teammates teammate,(AC) since it can cancel out Chien-Pao's ability via Trace, while Dragonite can deal with the Urshifu formes. Scizor is also a great teammates teammate,(AC) since it is a great pivot and has an Ice-type resistance.
milak-gp-small.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)