Mafia vs Village Draft Mafia - deaDLE Snypers Win

idk what was going through everyone else's heads about haruno, but the stars aligned for me so that all of the things he did seemed reasonable:
  • Texas had me (try to) persuade revil to vote for jalmont, so I thought texas had a real reason for that lynch and thus continuing with it made sense
  • I knew one of the inspectors was a mole after Math anon contacted me the night when he was supposed to kill me but didn't, but we had both decided that the more likely situation was that haruno was clean given circumstances of the claims surrounding inspects (who expects two inspects on one mafia)
  • Haruno had told me he suspected paperblade the night before due to how the results lined up and would be inspecting him to confirm, so the result that followed was not surprising
  • Up until the last day I was convinced Sam had constructed a village designed to maintain vote control in endgame, so mayor being on it made sense, as did eliminating one of the mafias early
Towards D6 I had started to become suspicious but not enough to act on it. that probably was bad play.
not giving village a means to check alignment may not have been the best drafting move though

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just don't understand why no one read what Paperblade posted. I've seen countless times where villagers say 'I'm not listening to THE MAFIA cause THE MAFIA' and it's like ??? why do you think they are saying you will both lose to the other mafia publicly? You really think that one mafia tries to publicly screw over the other unless it is obvious the other mafia will beat both of you imminently?

I've seen this reaction a few times where the dominant mafia casts vague 'suspicion' on the claims of the confessed mafia because 'he's mafia so ignore him'. It just makes zero sense - why would you not read what Paperblade is posting? Because Haruno had no good responses to any of it tbh.

That being said at least penguin was thinking about how I might have drafted. As far as I'm aware only penguin and Twin even considered THE ENTIRE MECHANICS OF THE GAME which I was really disappointed by. Like every single player should have thought through how the draft might have gone and who would therefore be likely to be mafia.

also, even though I wasn't actually sheeted, Haruno basically told me anything about the village that I wanted to know to where I had almost the full sheet, so "Haruno never sheeted a cleaned villager" isn't exactly true. Not giving full sheet was the biggest red flag and what made me start to worry though. Not sheeting walrein though wasn't *totally* unreasonable, as the "we don't want to suggest our guy to be killed" reason for being clean doesn't hold as well when that person can't actually be killed (still not great though).

idk what was going through everyone else's heads about haruno, but the stars aligned for me so that all of the things he did seemed reasonable:
  • Texas had me (try to) persuade revil to vote for jalmont, so I thought texas had a real reason for that lynch and thus continuing with it made sense
  • I knew one of the inspectors was a mole after Math anon contacted me the night when he was supposed to kill me but didn't, but we had both decided that the more likely situation was that haruno was clean given circumstances of the claims surrounding inspects (who expects two inspects on one mafia)
  • Haruno had told me he suspected paperblade the night before due to how the results lined up and would be inspecting him to confirm, so the result that followed was not surprising
  • Up until the last day I was convinced Sam had constructed a village designed to maintain vote control in endgame, so mayor being on it made sense, as did eliminating one of the mafias early
Towards D6 I had started to become suspicious but not enough to act on it. that probably was bad play.
not giving village a means to check alignment may not have been the best drafting move though
Did you not notice vig->backup dying

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
That being said at least penguin was thinking about how I might have drafted. As far as I'm aware only penguin and Twin even considered THE ENTIRE MECHANICS OF THE GAME which I was really disappointed by. Like every single player should have thought through how the draft might have gone and who would therefore be likely to be mafia.
This was literally discussed by dle within the first 2 hours o_O and i discussed it a bit with walrein early on and some other people later on.

Glad to see my poe (haruno, shade, lw, sandshrewz/knights) was correct, barring knights.

Can't believe me and paper literally laid down every reason for village not to trust haruno and nothing was done about. I tried to help you guys, I was killing lw. And what do I get? I get self redirected. Village loss is 100% deserved. In fact, I considered just saying "fuck it" and killing one of you, because I decided y'all didn't deserve my help, but I didn't because I made a big deal out of kingmaking and I didn't wanna go back on that.

Oh well. GG snypers. Maths definitely made some fuckups (lynch redirect day one was probably biggest one) but I liked my crew and overall had fun. Thanks for hosting von, definitely an interesting idea.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19l5NzhOU2tQW9FiL03YR_wOMSKZO2ovbLko6ZE6MBus/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Here's maths sheet if anyone cares

UncleSam

Leading this village
In the accessibility options (same way that you add people to view it) there's an option to adjust a sheet from private -> public and then just put down 'anyone with the link can view'.

LightWolf

lightwoof
It's probably fair to say I sheeted lw too easily but that shouldn't have been too damaging if my literal entire alliance wasn't the same mafia (lw/haruno/shade/sands). Id intended to aim the cops at each other which would have worked out fine in a normal set up
You didn't sheet me too easily, I gave you a guilty on both scum teams by the time you did the sheeting.

My performance was piss poor this game as I spent the first two nights agonizing over the championship game, after which I showed up to fulfill my life long dream of saccing an ally to look better(thanks pancake). After that we felt too in control and I had no reason to continue the split sheet charade with haruno. Probably if we did we could have avoided the pblade revolution at the end because one of us would look better if the other died.

I was heavily turned off by my team's roles at the start as it became obvious all we had is moling. This could really only win if we continued sacking our members till the end or village steeped, luckily it was the latter.

I'd be heavily interested in drafting if this is hosted again.

Also are there logs of the draft, I have been wanting to see those so hard.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I was super busy for most of this game and also I didn't want to play in the first place which contributed to my complete apathy, sorry

I'd also complain about hider being a garbage role if I hadn't told sam ahead of time that I would be busy so I guess I kinda brought that up on myself

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
this game was too easy but i don't really think we can pin all the blame on village leaders, texas really had fuck all to work with and it was easy just to worm in and control. haruno was bought too easily though, to be honest, he went balls deep with the 'ive been cleared lol claim to me' but everyone did so it was cool.

i actually didn't name kill zorbees i killed him n1 because i owe him revenge from a game where he sold me out so this seemed like the ideal time to do it.

the whole paperblade day was pretty hilarious because we had engineered so that even if there was resistance to the lynch we could force it through. once paperblade was gone it'd be fairly plain sailing anyway. (i actually think village probably still had like a 10% of winning this if actions went as planned last night but w/e).

big ups to haruno, he was fun to play with tbh idk why you all give him a lot of shit. he has very annoying habits of repeating your own plan back to you or saying something incredibly crazy and then reply 'yeah ofc' when you say that is ridiculous. but he was turbo active and i enjoyed planning with him and he made a GOAT bg swap on to me when we realised he'd doubled up actions (night when pblade tried to hit me), i would've swapped the martyr but that would've been curtains for me. i was mainly just the planner and adviser, haruno did all the interactions and i think he will become a much better player for this game (even if it was ez). tho haruno pls stop trying to bus teammates lategame when its a numbers game omg. props to the guy regardless. lw and shrewz got carried.

where draft?

I liked my role, got twin's sheet from him n1 and ended up in an unexpected situation. From there I tried to establish a town backup so I could 100% safely pubclaim and lead with the sheet as proof, but I was redirected to myself and then killed the night after. I gambled on approaching Lw hoping that town would have secured the inspect despite thinking that the mafia would absolutely want it, I didn't sheet him even after he caught two different mafias because I was paranoid and it didn't matter in the end. Wish I had chosen different n0 targets so I could've acted on my putting team on my back plan, I still enjoyed the deadtalk thing so even though we lost I had a good time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)