Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Punching holes (literally) in teams is what Hitmonchan does. Fighting types are always strong, and Hitmonchan has great coverage, strong power thanks to LO and Iron First and priority to boot. Earthquake handles those pesky Garbodor switchins, but you need to predict accurately. It can check big threats like Klinklang in a pinch thanks to Mach Punch.

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Everyone needs a friend, and Hitmonchan is no exception. Skuntank takes care of any Psychic-types that trouble Hitmonchan, like Xatu, Exeggutor, Mesprit, Musharna and what not. Quad STAB is what I prefer to run, and it's even better this gen with DARK receiving a major buff. You don't need any other moves than the ones elected. He doesn't serve many purposes, but they're important ones.

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight
- Psychic

A major wall that is feared by many. It's just hard to break, really really hard. Thunder Wave is an excellent option, letting you outspeed everything in the tier and heal before they can hit you. Worth noting that 12 speed EV's let you hit 97 speed, which is faster than 383/4=95.75, aka the speed of a paralyzed Swellow. Baton Pass lets me pivot out, useful for predicting switches risk free and avoiding Pursuit. It's so easy to cripple a Skuntank switchin and pivot out to Hitmonchan next.

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Might be PU, but it's a major threat even in RU (and UU if you're a daredevil). Sub freely on status attempts, Grass-types, paralyzed mons and more. SD is to exploit free turns that you may get with Sub. Nobody wants to face a +2 Bouffalant. It just has great stats overall, great moves, great ability. Can easily sweep through defensive teams with ease and appreciates Musharna's ability to tank Fighting-moves and spread paralysis, as Bouffalant is kind of slow.

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam

My lead most of the time. Hazard spam just works, and having a powerful Scald is great against other SR leads like Steelix, Archeops, Rhydon etc. It's also a Klinklang check which is a really big threat obviously. Sash makes leading much easier, it gives you the option to sack for SR/damage rather than being forced out or just having to think hard about what you lead with. I mostly go with Omastar because hazard damage helps so much when attempting to sweep with Hitmonchan/Bouffalant, as well as just switching around between Mushy and Vileplume, stalling while they get worn down.

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Complements Omastar very nicely; this guy stops mons like Lilligant or Lanturn in their tracks. Sleep Powder is the second best move in the game after Spore, essentially a free kill as Vileplume beats all the immune Grass-types. Sludge Bomb/Giga Drain are just more coverage and STAB to boot. Plus they hit hard from even uninvested Vileplume as she has base 110 SpAtk. I went with a SpDef spread so I can tank coverage moves like Ice Beam/Psychic more easily as well as wall Specs Swellow, put it to Sleep and kill it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-364125330 (this is before I updated the EV's on Mushy; it is relevant as if you get lucky you'll get a free heal on a full para and go from there)

Importable:
Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Musharna @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight
- Psychic

Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Charge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

hello there dear user croatiangamer ! this is a fun looking team. However it has a few weaknesses, particularly being weak to ice types, fire types, and a tad bit weak to cm megadino and pretty weak to malamar and Swords Dance Shiftry

In order to address the weakness to Malamar and Shiftry, I suggest you change Musharna to colbur berry Signal beam, in order to lure in and significantly weaken or kill both of these huge threats. This change also helps you deal with Choice Banded Hariyama, which is nice too.

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Signal Beam
- Moonlight
- Psychic

Secondly, in order to better deal with fire and ice types, I recommend Assault Vest Hitmonchan. This set uses the same moveset as the one you currently have, but changing the ev spread to 132 Hp/252 Atk/124 Speed with an Adamant Nature.

Lastly, to help your matchups against CM Offensive Megadino, which beats skuntank due to no poison move, and can deal significant damage to vileplume with repeated fire blasts, so for this I'd suggest Poison Jab Skuntank, in order to help you against fire blast audino.

Skuntank @ Lum Berry
EVs: 232 Atk / 124 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab

CM Mega Audino is relatively easy to beat; I'll wear it down with Vileplume and on the turn it uses Rest I'll switch to Bouffalant, setup and 2HKO it. Malamar I don't think should be NU so I usually just forfeit if I fail to beat it, but I'll try Signal Beam on Musharna and see if it helps.

PrinceLucian

Banned deucer.
Hello Croatian gamer, nice to see another NU player from croatia as im one myself.
Your team starts pretty cool, with a core of hitmonchan/skuntank and normal type, and then it gets harder to fix as core of vileplume/skuntank together doesnt fit together, team drops to Fire/Ice/special water types/Edgequake combo and weakness to malamar is pretty big. Unfort I cant really fit everything without changing more than half team so lets get to the crucial parts.

>
-this will give you offensive and fast normal type that benefits from hitmonchan wallbreaking and skuntank pursuit trapping ghosts.
Set:
Tauros (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Iron Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Second thing is hitmonchan moveset, change it to: Close combat/Ice punch/Mach punch/Rapid spin as one of the reasons to use hitmonchan over hariyama is rapid spin, and if youre not gonna run spin then i highly recommend hariyama as its a ice/fire check that youre team is weak to,you can as well try Lolbro AV hitmonchan spread if you decide to run it over LO.

Next thing is, Vileplume+Skuntank isnt a good poison core, but
+ skuntank is a nicepoison core, it gives you fighting check,steelix switchin/edgequake check that you didnt have and Malamar check.
Set:
Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Pain Split

-
Your team appreciates normal resist, so change omastar spread to 252 HP/252 defense with Leftovers > Focus sash,as it will take on physical attackers a lot better.

And last but not least, your special defensive wall shouldnt be Vileplume/musharna so closest thing i can suggest here is
with max hp max spdef and wish pass to either omastar or pressured weezing, thunder wave is added to take on special sweepers and thats pretty much it:
Audino-Mega @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave

Other options to try in team in general:
,and so on...

Hit me up in game croatian budd!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)