Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Closed

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
~ Doubles Teambuilding Competiton ~

Art by Bummer | OP adapted from Memoric
Welcome to the Doubles Teambuilding Competition! This is a weekly competition which you can join at any time. Basically, what we are going to do here is see who can build the better team, hence the name. Each week, I will post a core, set, theme, or Pokemon and then you guys will post an importable of a team featuring said concept. Along with the team, you will post a short summary that may include: your teambuilding process, how the team works, replays, etc.; it's gonna look like a mini-RMT of sorts. After a few days, I will close submissions and then anyone can come and vote on the team which they think is best. The winner of the week will get some sweet bragging rights while also having their team featured for everyone to see in the teams Hall of Fame :>

Rules and Mechanics

Here's the process of how this competition will be hosted:
  1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, be sure to follow this format!
    Code:
    <sprites>
    [hide=Importable][/hide]
    [hide=Description][/hide]
  2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team
Submitting Teams: Please include the following when submitting your teams. Post your enty on the thread!
  • Importable of your team in a hide tag
  • A brief description of your teambuilding process and how the team plays in another hide tag together.
  • Basically, that means you'll be using TWO hidetags in total.
It is recommended that you implement sprites (https://fulllifegames.com/Tools/SpriteConverter/), replays, or other things to improve your chances but you must have the two in the bullet points :]

If you're using sprites, place them outside of the hide tags, not inside them!

Discussion and Changes: People are free to talk about their and other people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent; while you can suggest small things such as a nature change or move change, don't change up their team's structure or rebuild it because there's a different forum (RMT) for that. This isn't an RMT thread.

On Winning: If you win, congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured in the Hall of Fame.

On Copying Teams: Please don't. This just ruins the fun we can get out of this competition and is against the rules. You'll be DQ'd from the week if you were found copying other people's teams. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me. Hopefully no one would do this, but take this as a warning.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Don't just vote for a guy just because they have a ton of votes already or they're famous. Don't feel pressured to vote for anyone for any reason other than having the best team. If you really think a team is the best out there, vote for that team; don't let anything pressure you to do otherwise. Bandwagoning just ruins the spirit of this competition and isn't cool :[

On Self-Voting: It's not allowed. Votes for a user's own team will now be ignored. Those who built for the current round are likely to be knowledgeable on what an effective team featuring the given concept looks like, so you are encouraged to vote for whichever other team you feel most deserves to be featured.

On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this competition, feel free to PM me. It'll be considered, but there are ultimately no promises if it'll be implemented.

On Slashes: In play, you can only bring four moves; whatever set of moves you choose slashes is reflective of your own skill as a builder, and having slashes in a submission would be against the point. This is your own team; this isn't an analysis.

On Tiers: A week is for USUM DOU unless stated otherwise.

On Quality of Submissions: I would highly recommend testing out your teams before submitting them to the thread. This will allow you to fix possible mistakes in your team and even provide you with replays for your post, which, all together, allows for a more polished submission. Also, while I definitely intend to encourage creativity within the competition, I am reserving the right to disqualify any submissions that are outlandishly poor and or lacking in coherency and thought.

HALL OF FAME WEEK 23+
SM Version
Week 33: Mega-Heracross by ???

Week 32: Pheromosa by Croven

ponyboy (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

faceshopping (Deoxys-Attack) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock
- Detect

immaterial (Tapu Lele) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

infatuation (Pheromosa) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Rash Nature
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Protect

pretending (Amoonguss) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Grass Knot
- Protect

not okay (Zapdos) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 64 SpA / 56 SpD / 64 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind
ok so qsns made this team all on his own but doesn't want to write it up so here i am. phero is busted as shit, fightinium z from focus blast ohko's mega metagross so that's awesome. balls out HO is basically how you have to run this so he went pure, absolute, og psyspam with metagross lele and deoxys. gross is standard set, deoxys was originally sub LO (which i prefer) but he switched it to sash SR later because of sash and also having a move to use when ur at like -3 in all stats lol. lele is bulkier taunt to help check TR. amoong and zapdos fill out the team with a bit of a defensive core that provides redirection, sleep, tailwind, and a phazer to bone TR some more. we were going between seed zap and berry zap but decided on berry since its not really going to stay on the field like a normal seed zap would. anyway just a very, VERY aggressive team that's very fun to use and can destroy teams given 1 good turn but can get destroyed given 1 bad turn. have at it

Week 31: Cresselia by TheIdiotNinja

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 8 SpA / 56 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 12 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Groundium Z
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 16 SpA / 144 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Moonlight
Diancie seemed like something that synergizes Cresselia a fair lot, as Cress is happy to switch in on Ground types that threaten Diancie and it tends to invite Incineroar on the field, which Diancie is happy to switch into and DStorm down. Diancie also sets broken Stealth Rocks and scares your opponent from setting them thanks to Magic Bounce, which helps a lot in slow slugfests that tend to happen in games with a Cresselia involved.
Diancie also appreciates Incineroar support a lot, Fake Out gives it turns to get started with either the SR or the DStorm clickage, Intimidate is a good ability, Flare Blitz smashes Steel types that threaten it, and Diancie's ability to deter the opponent from clicking SR freely makes Incineroar even better.
I picked Celesteela as my Steel type because once again it invites Incineroar on the field which is good for Diancie, and it answers Mega Metagross very reliably which otherwise troubles Diancie a lot. Celesteela is also handy in answering Grass-type attacks coming from the likes of Kartana, Lurantis, Tapu Bulu, etc. which Diancie is scared of
At this point I have a 4-mon core with massive issues against Water and Electric types and a lot of slowness, so I opted to commit to semi-room and add Gastrodon which takes care of both of those weakness quite reliably, and already has his Grass weakness covered.
To round out the team I added Tapu Koko which offers extra offensive coverage against Water-types, another fast option outside of Trick Room which helps me control the pace of the game a lot, as well as terrain control where necessary. (and a second fairy to block the clanging)

As for set choices, I was set out on a support Cress set from the start because I don't like how Toxic completely shuts down the CM set; TR is an easy choice for speed control given the rest of the team, Toxic helps with taking down bulkier threats which I don't have many options for otherwise, Moonlight gives much needed longevity and Psychic is its most reliable attacking move for only one slot, but I guess Ice Beam is also an option since this team relies on Cress a fair lot to deal with grounds.
Diancie and Steela are both straightforward and standard set choices really, rocks are broken I'm never running earth power
Koko I wanted to be AV to be happier when switching into strong special Water moves (cases where my Gastrodon is dead or other sticky situations like that), I don't really need it to nuke things from full anyway since the rest of the team is great at getting chip down. HP Fire is not really necessary since Celesteela and Incineroar already snipe steel types really well, so I opted for double electric + Gleam + NM, but Sky Drop probably isn't bad either
Incineroar drops Knock Off for Taunt to cover Trick Room match ups as well as various annoyances like Amoonguss, Flare Blitz is really helpful in pressuring Steels out of the field which in turn frees up Diancie to go wild so I didn't want to drop it, Fake Out is a broken move, and the slow U-Turn is also quite nice for general pivoting purposes.
Gastrodon is left and it can make good use of a Z-Crystal so the choice was pretty straightforward there as well.

This team struggles a bit with fire types not named Incineroar, especially ones that run grass moves for Gastrodon (CharY, Torkoal), but if you can keep the pressure on them with Diancie it should be fine

Week 30: Volcarona by miltankmilk

Heat Cyclone (Volcarona) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 80 HP / 4 Def / 200 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Team Player Cat (Persian-Alola) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 228 HP / 8 Def / 48 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Algorithm (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Tapu Storm (Tapu Fini) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 164 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Powervolt (Zapdos) @ Misty Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 16 SpA / 104 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Hammerhead (Landorus-Therian) @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 220 HP / 32 Atk / 24 Def / 136 SpA / 24 SpD / 72 Spe
Mild Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
Here's my Volc team that I built with talkingtree for week 5 of SPL. I was really wanting to use the moth for several weeks but didn't come up with a team that I loved and didnt feel the need to rush into using it. Then i thought of pairing it with the cat. Fast fake out, parting shot and taunt all help volc a ton in stopping speed control, faking out for a free quiver dance and weakening offensive checks to volc. The rest of the team was built around these two, Metagross forming a good offensive core with its coverage and ability to punish really all switchins like zygarde, tyranitar, volcanion, etc. Zap and fini gave the team a bit of a spine to hold up against rain or other very offensive teams, with lando at the end as a glue for intimidate, rocks support and a panic charizard check as volc teams are gonna struggle against zard kind of by nature. I really love this team, happy with how it turned out, s/o tree for ev'ing it

Week 29: Mega-Venusaur by SMB

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 76 SpA / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Protect

Torkoal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Bulldoze
- Solar Beam

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 8 SpA / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 160 Atk / 116 SpA / 232 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Toxic

Mew @ Normalium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 32 SpA / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 6 Spe
- Fake Out
- Trick Room
- Transform
- Ice Beam
Mega venusaur sun semiroom that I used this week in spl. My main idea for this team was making venusaur work both in and outside of tr so I started this team with the core of venu, torkoal, diancie; torkoal sets sun and has a good offensive synergy with diancie since it can hit most steel types that are troublesome for diancie, I also opted for bulldoze as my ground type move on torkoal instead of earth power to trigger its weakness policy if i had the chance. Growth mega venu is a cool tech as well (s/o to Human for this idea) since this makes it so much threatening if you can get a free turn to set up. Tapu fini is my main switch in to volcanion, nature's madness to wear down stuff quickly, and heal pulse to keep venu, diancie or mew healthy if needed. Next mon I added was scarf mixed lando; it gives intimidate and a ground resist to the team and can work outside of tr and check zard. Finally, mew is perfect for the last slot; fake out and a second trick room setter are great for this team and if you get the chance to use z transform your opponent will most likely have to deal with a full health bulkier boosted mega venu or diancie.
Mew ivs are to have hidden power fire in case you transform into venu and outspeed 0 speed evs bulu outside of tr, same for fini. A change i'd consider is making venu faster to outspeed mega manectric on sun but idk if it's that worthy, up to you.

Week 28: Mega-Salamence by GenOne

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 60 Atk / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
- Protect

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 128 HP / 40 Def / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Protect

Zeraora @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 68 HP / 248 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 216 HP / 116 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
I liked Human's proposed format for these types of posts, so I'm going to give that a shot:

1. Why is the Pokémon a core part of the team? Why is it important?

Mega Salamence is a pretty splashable Pokemon, and on this team it just offers lots of role compression. Basically it offers Intimidate support (pre-mega), speed control through Tailwind, and is just a fast but also bulky attacker that can switch into neutral hits and apply offensive pressure on the following turn.

The set I went with was the standard dex analysis set, but with Fire Blast > Hyper Voice. I think the mence analysis is due for a refresh (mono Flying STAB is terrible in this meta) but I liked the calcs that the given spread accomplished; OHKO no bulk Lele with Double-Edge, then dump into SpA. Fire Blast allows Salamence to properly check offensive Steel-types like Kartana and Mega Scizor. It and also gives it coverage vs Mega Metagross, a Pokemon that otherwise threatens Salamence.

2. How do the other Pokémon support this? Very brief description of what each Pokémon offers (typing/special moves/etc.)

Ninetales-Alola is mainly to offer Aurora Veil support, which makes the rest of the team harder to take down. Salamence and Zygarde both hate being Intimidate cycled by Landorus-T, and Ninetales-Alola deals with Landorus-T. Being able to reset an opposing weather is also nice. I went with Freeze-Dry in the third slot to solidify Ninetales's ability to deal with opposing rain sweepers, as well as bulky Water-types in general (including Gastrodon).

Zeraora is basically the fastest Fake Out user in the game, so it seems like a safe choice for ensuring that Nintetales can set Aurora Veil during an opening lead.

Went with a physical set to explore its physical movepool a bit more, and went with Adamant > Jolly to boost its power a bit more. Much like how Modest Koko is now an acceptable set now that Mega Gengar is banned, I figured that Zeraora wanted more power over the sheer speed. Close Combat gives another tool to hit a variety of potential threats, such as Tyranitar, Incineroar, Kyurem-B and Kartana among others.

I wanted at least one set up wincon to take advantage of the added bulk that Aurora Veil offers, so I went with DD Zygarde here. The set here is pretty much just the standard one. I just like bumping Zygarde's speed up to 274 so it always outspeeds a Jolly Bulu, since it only takes 12 EVs to hit that benchmark anyway.

Tapu Fini offers added insurance against rain, gives another speed control option, and is packing Taunt to help shut down bulky wincons like CM Cresselia and Chansey, as well as Trick Room setters, etc. I've been experimenting a bit with a faster Tapu Fini - you lose the ability to survive two Mega Metagross Iron Heads, but you get to move before a standard Zygarde and hit it with a Moonblast or Icy Wind, which is nice. On this team specifically, you also get to move before your own Zygarde, softening up a target ahead of a Tectonic Rage kill.

Finally, I knew I still wanted a Stealth Rock setter and another Pokemon with Fire coverage to handle bulky steels, so Heatran fit the bill. Besides, this entire team is already a throwback to old meta picks anyways lol, so I thought why not.

3. What does the team need to do in order to win? Identify win conditions of any kind.

This team is more or less built to win wars of attrition through good positioning. Usually you want to attempt to set up Aurora Veil early on to give your team the bulk advantage. It's also ideal to get Stealth Rock set up early on to punish your opponent's passive switching.

Between the hail and stealth rocks, you should be able to wittle down your foe through passive damage while they struggle to break through a team of bulky attackers buffed by Aurora Veil.

You do have Zygarde in the back as a Dragon Dance sweeper, which in many cases should be preserved at high hp so it can pull off late game cleaning once its checks have been dealt with (namely intimidate cyclers like Lando-T and Incineroar).

The whole team is a bit shaky versus Kyurem-B, so if your opponent brings that, try to deal with it sooner than later. Likewise, Chansey can be a bit difficult to break through before opposing Intimidate cyclers are dealt with, so if you match up versus a Chansey it's probably best to focus on the partners first until a late game scenario. Tapu Fini to Taunt the Chansey is probably your best bet if you need to control it in the mid game.

But yeah, overall this probably isn't the best team out there but, for the amount of time I spent building it I feel this is at least a fun team that can pull through in a seasonals match if need be. Have fun using it and let me know if there's a way to make this better :)

Week 27: Heatran by Human

Heatran @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Eruption
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 2 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Trick Room

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
Quiet Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 192 HP / 224 Atk / 92 Def
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Volt Switch

Scrafty @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
The idea behind team of the week to me is how to build a team centered around the Pokemon in question to be used this week. In the case of Heatran, I felt as though enabling it under TR with Firium Z Eruption was the most eye-catching option to create something centered the Pokemon. Flamethrower is used to provide a single target fire attack that this team is lacking. This led to Porygon2 as a rather neutral TR setter that could cover for Heatran's ground weakness with Ice Beam. Spread for Porygon2 was taken from Edu because I don't know Porygon2 spread too well, I assume that it handles both Landorus-T and Zygarde offensively.

The follow up was adding a Mega-Camerupt to abuse the Flash Fire to make Heatran become incredibly threatening under TR and create the option of fire spam through Lava Plume/Heat Wave and Eruption. To further enable the Heatran I added Hoopa-Unbound and made Heatran one speed faster, so it would attack second under Trick Room. This was generally amusing in that it would let Heatran potentially snowball and makes the most use of Heatran under Trick Room. Scrafty was added as support to ensure Trick Room gets up. Finally Tapu Koko is with a choice scarf to give a jank response to rain and water types by boosting Porygon2's Thunderbolt and using Wild Charge to knock out the Drizzle Pokemon. Electric terrain makes it easier to set up responses to Amoonguss on this team.

This team has many weaknesses, most notably being awful against ground types, especially Zygarde, and having minimal responses to Tapu Fini. But it's a fun take on Heatran based TR fire spam.

Week 26: Hail by talkingtree

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
EVs: 156 HP / 20 Def / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SpD / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Volcanion @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Weather Ball
- Protect

Mew @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 8 SpA / 12 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Tailwind
- Stealth Rock
- Incinerate

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 36 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Haven't built hail in a while and I wanted to try out some wild stuff so this team's a little wacky. Darkrai's main problems are that it doesn't do enough damage to only hit a single target and it's a bit too frail, so Blizzard + Veil support make it much more usable. LO Dark Pulse OHKOes most Mega Metagross, so that's better than any Z set imo. These two can't really touch Incineroar, which is a pretty big issue, but Zygarde sets up on that so added that next. Sub Groundium's best here because Groundium actually KOes Incin/Mega Metagross and Sub's easier to keep up with Veil support. Volcanion gives yet another Mega Metagross check, since you really need lots of solid answers to it with Alolan Ninetales. It also has access to Weather Ball, which is a pretty neat tech that turns into a 100-BP Ice-type move, great for hitting Zygarde and Zapdos. Fake Out helps set Veil or set up DD and Tailwind is pretty crucial for Darkrai and Volcanion to thrive, so Mew's great role compression. Stealth Rock makes the team pretty solid on chip damage when combined with Hail and Incinerate's primarily for Berry removal but also OHKOes non-bulky Kart and 2HKOes Scarf Genesect with hail chip. Last I realized I didn't have a Mega or anything that could take hits from Lele, so Mega Scizor fit the bill pretty well, also taking advantage of Veil to set up. A U-turn + Roost set fits better here, since this team needs momentum and doesn't have another terrain to block Psychic Terrain, making pure SD Scizor a bit of a liability at times.

This description is already a bit too long, but a couple notes on the spreads:

- Takes 60 Atk Mega Mence Double-Edge and OHKOes 252/28 Lando-T with Blizzard

- max/max

- outspeeds Modest Kommo-o and, at +1, Mega Manectric; takes Scarf Lele Moonblast without Veil

- takes 252+ Zygarde Tectonic Rage with Veil up, outspeeds Modest Scarf Lando-T in Tailwind, dump in SpA

- takes 252+ Lando-T Tectonic Rage or Timid Koko Gigavolt Havoc without Veil, outspeeds Kyurem-B

- Outspeeds 0 Spe Fini, OHKOes 0/4 Lele with Bullet Punch and hits an Atk jump point, dump in SpD

Week 25: Mew by YoBuddy

Mew @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Will-O-Wisp
- Super Fang
- Tailwind

Kartana @ Figy Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 192 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 164 SpA / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 164 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Roar
- Protect
I decided to try Will-o-wisp Mew to enable a setup, instead of using Transform once the setup is complete. In testing I found that opponents would target Mew early in the game to try to deny a potential Transform + Mega Tyranitar sweep, so Will-o-wisp was more successful as it crippled potential threats to Tyranitar. Will-o-wisp also protects the team against threats that it would otherwise be quite weak to, such as banded Zygarde and packs a bit of surprise factor into the team. Electrium Z Koko + Kartana give the team 2 good ways of pressuring Tapu Fini, ensuring Misty Terrain stays off the field so Mew can spread burns. Kartana is also nice as a second tailwind setter. Special Lando-T adds intimidate and some extra coverage. Mega Tyranitar was the set up mon and Mega of choice, giving the team a proper psychic resist/immunity as well as a good check against weather teams, Charizard-Y in particular. Finally Volcanion rounds out the team, giving it a water immunity, fire coverage and phasing to prevent trick room or opposing setup.

The gameplan usually revolves around dealing with the opponent's speed control and Tyranitar checks via Mew, Tapu Koko and Kartana, hopefully either securing the speed advantage or putting Tyranitar in position to sweep to close out the game.

Replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-839845503
Mew crippled Kartana turn 1 and my own Kartana KO'd Suicune to give me speed control at the end of the game, where Kartana and Tyranitar were able to run through my opponent's team in a close finish.

Non-standard set details:

252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 64 HP / 192 SpD Kartana in Psychic Terrain: 231-273 (84 - 99.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I chose to run adamant Kartana over jolly because of the extra power that adamant provides and to allow Mew to outspeed Kartana and use Super Fang in tailwind before Kartana moves, allowing Kartana to pick up easy beast boosts with a double target. Kartana now speed ties with timid Tapu Lele so I made sure it could live a Psychic in terrain, just in case.

The Lando set is taken from the EV spread compendium, I just moved a few points from Spa to speed make sure it could outspeed AV Kyurem-Black.

Adamant Mega Tyranitar outspeeds modest Tapu Koko at +1. Since Mega Genar's ban many people have started to use modest over timid on Koko. Using adamant over jolly on Mega Tyranitar doesn't actually make much of a difference at +1 speed, aside from the aforementioned timid Koko, Mega Salamence and Naganadel are the only mons on the VR that +1 jolly Tar outspeeds but + 1 adamant does not.

164+ SpA Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Incineroar: 396-468 (100.5 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
112 Speed EVs on Volcanion ensure you outspeed Mega Manectric in tailwind, the rest dumped into hp.

Week 24: Mega-Scizor by n1n1

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 16 SpA / 152 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Lurantis @ Figy Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 8 Def / 28 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 56 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
So the first and most obvious thing I though of is add Fini. It seems like the best partner for Mega-Scizor because (1) can remove Psychic terrain on Switch-in so I can bullet Punch (2) prevents Burns with Mist Terrain (3) defeats Fire type mons (4) very good match up against mons that Scizor doesn't match up well against such as Zygarde.

Next I choose to do Trick Room. I think Trick Room suits Scizor and CM Fini better than Tailwind because I can maximize their bulk and because there speed isnt great to start with.
My first setter is Diancie because she adds another Fire resist and is just a great TR mon.
Then Porygon2 because its such a reliable setter with great bulk. Also it adds cover that I didnt already have.

Now I need a strong check to Bulky waters. Lurantis is great for that and it does well versus Kartana. Really good mon.

Finally Incineroar to add another Kartana check and to help set TR with Fake-out

Week 23: Mega-Tyranitar by talkingtree

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 40 Def / 4 SpD / 28 Spe
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 48 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
- Trick Room

Tapu Bulu @ Figy Berry
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 60 SpD / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Volcanion @ Waterium Z
EVs: 216 HP / 136 SpA / 16 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

Zapdos @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 60 SpA / 68 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
This is the team Bio used in Snake Finals, he gave the six and I filled in the sets. Sub Waterium Volcanion and SD Superpower Tapu Bulu are two huge threats that can do well in either Trick Room or Tailwind, so porque no los dos? Tyranitar has Flamethrower for Kart and Stealth Rock to limit pivoting around as a method of stalling out the various forms of speed control, it's also insanely bulky when you bother investing in it. Cress has lowered Speed IVs to make sure it wasn't tying with 0 Spe Fini, always better to me to know whether it's moving first or not. Bulu can OHKO most Incin with +1 Superpower and went pretty fast on this team because otherwise, even in Tailwind, only two mons would be able to outspeed Deo-A, and Bowman had just brought TR against Ezrael and almost won with it so we figured Ezrael would be likely to have TR answers. Sub Waterium is nice for weakening Knock Off, meaning some Incineroar sets can't break its Sub. Whirlwind Zapdos covers any random setup and Genesect is an invaluable scalpel and pivot machine. If you're going to use this team on ladder, bump Zapdos up to 64 Spe EVs so that it will beat Timid Pelipper.

Attachments

Last edited:

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
HALL OF FAME - WEEKS 1-22
SM Version

Week 22: Lurantis by allantoonix

1544989358849.png
1544989373364.png
1544989385057.png
1544989398319.png
1544989405798.png
1544989415013.png

Lurantis @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Superpower
- Protect
- Knock Off

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 16 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Ally Switch
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 100 SpA / 4 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Snarl
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpA
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
Well, P2 is the best solid mon TR setter based on Lurantis. Incineroar + Lando-T is good support with intimidate for Porygon and Z-Move Lando-T gives great damage, enabling some KOs with Z-EQ Adamant. The M-Mane is a mega extra fast outside Trick Room, in which it allows to distribute Snarls and Volt Switches, giving momentum to the star of the team (Lurantis) or Porygon, to enable Trick Room. Heatran is a good mon and a great type of fire / steel, which distributes considerable Heat Waves. Finally, CM Fini, this mon gives you great damage after a CM outside that she is the best Tapu of the meta.

Week 21: Mega-Latias by Croven

1544989274630.png
1544989284058.png
1544989295333.png
1544989305881.png
1544989317215.png
1544989327308.png

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Incineroar @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 112 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Kartana @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind
- Recover

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
this was a team we built for snake for demantoid to use against miltankmilk(???) i think, its been a while. whoever it was, i saw they were weak to cm mlatias once lati got 1 cm since its very difficult to even 2hko at that point, while still dealing a lot of damage with +1 psyshocks. qsns filled out most of it after i got the main idea as usual. incineroar is because incin is fantastic and checks a lot of things that gives lati issues, which is basically steels and darks (metagross, aegi, hoopa, opposing incin). scarf special lando is the NUTS, doesnt care about intimidate and doesnt hit ur partners. rocks because rocks are great and chipping things is good. fightinium on kart is because kyub is a bit of an issue with this team. we had a good reason for gastro that im forgetting right now, but i think it was for another gar check since this was back when gar was legal. koko was for tapu, hard hitter, and discharge paired well with 2 grounds. i like this team a LOT, double intim + cm lati is great and easy to win with. also i like half built this regardless of what qsns says so thats probably why its my favorite team rn since its the most i've built in about 3 yrs so yeah. good team, might edit it a bit for adjusting to gengar ban since we havent touched it yet, but this is the team as of now.

Week 20: Victini by MajorBowman

1544989131029.png
1544989142775.png
1544989152868.png
1544989162436.png
1544989172461.png
1544989182592.png

Victini @ Assault Vest
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 120 HP / 36 Def / 168 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blue Flare
- Incinerate
- Glaciate
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 136 SpA / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
EVs: 104 HP / 216 Atk / 4 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

EVs: 212 HP / 116 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Zapdos @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 88 Def / 72 SpA / 56 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind
This is a slight edit of one of my teams from Snake. Pretty standard looking Metagross team with Victini > Incineroar as the fire type. Victini provides a lot of utility in one slot while also exerting some decent offensive pressure. Incinerate was originally Psychic to OHKO Mega Gengar, but since Gengar is gone Incinerate is a way better option. I'm such a fan of Life Orb Kyurem-Black because it has incredible coverage and power while still being a deceptively bulky Pokemon, even with Life Orb recoil. Calm Mind Fini and Groundium Landorus helped give the team some more firepower on 2 Pokemon that have become a bit more passive in nature, while speed control options on 3 different Pokemon (Zapdos, Victini, Landorus) allows the team to keep its foot on the gas at all times.

Week 19: Tornadus by SMB

Tornadus @ Misty Seed
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Superpower
- Tailwind
- Protect

Zygarde @ Groundium Z
EVs: 80 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 116 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Fake Out

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 40 SpA / 84 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 32 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
EVs: 128 HP / 44 Def / 80 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Snarl
- Overheat
- Protect
So this is a team featuring tornadus that i built for summer ssnl. I started with the offensive core of tornadus + zygarde which is pretty good since tornadus hits most ground resist mons for super effective damage and takes advantage of opposing intimidate, and zygarde hits steel and electric types that are annoying for tornadus. Tapu fini is great here to activate misty seed on tornadus and to reduce by half super effective dragon type moves on zygarde while also providing a good ice resist and a second win condition with its cm set.
Incineroar adds another ice resist and intimidate and fake out support that helps to either set up tw or dd/cm. At this point the team was kinda koko/kyub weak so i went with ferro to check these two. For the last slot i wanted something to help pressure gengar and metagross and another ferro check so i went with manectric as my mega which also helps zygarde and fini to set up due to snarl.

Week 18: Chansey by Yoda2798

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Ally Switch
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 12 Def / 76 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 156 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 136 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 72 Def / 24 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
This is a team I built a while ago with laptops, coincidentally around Chansey. Scizor can help deal with pesky Mega Gengars and Tapu Bulus for Chansey, and in return Chansey can set rocks to help Scizor gets KOes with Bullet Punch. Tapu Fini does Tapu Fini things, importantly providing a resist to Fire- and Water-type attacks, and helping against Incineroar. Landorus-T has Intimidate and helps especially against Zygarde with HP Ice. Yache Berry is nice for living Ice attacks when you shouldn't, especially against Genesect, which you can Earth Power to put in range of +2 BP. Incineroar does the standard Intimidate/Fake Out/U-turn things, and is a valuable Fire-type. At this point there was a lack of speed control, I can't think why exactly we chose Mew over like Zapdos, but we did. Originally Mew was bulky transform, then at some point I seen Nido-Rus use this cool offensive set, and since the team had no Z-move decided to try it. People don't expect Mew to really attack, outside of Fake Out, other than maybe an Ice Beam or U-turn so the surprise factor was pretty strong. Being able to blow back stuff that don't expect it like Mega Gengar and Genesect, moreso if Tailwind is up, is really good. Though be wary that Mew's unique Z-move sets Psychic Terrain, which hinders Scizor.

Week 17: Zeraora by GenOne

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 100 SpA / 28 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Defog
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 88 Def / 80 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Curse
- Protect

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Snarl
Zeraora + a hazards setter like Rocks Landorus-T makes for an excellent lead, since you're basically guarunteed a chance to set rocks unless your opp also leads with Zera. The combo of Zapdos, Ferrothorn, and Zeraora gives you three bulky water killers that share zero common weaknesses, thereby freeing Charizard to run mono fire coverage and still have room for Tailwind. Tapu Fini, despite the ostensible clash with Sun, is probably the best tapu to pair with Zard because of its ability to Defog away Stealth Rocks and destroy Kommo-O. I've had good results with this team and it feels well-matched against most opposing matchups. Have fun!
Also protip incoming: side-target your Defog attacks and you won't get rid of YOUR Stealth Rocks to the opponent.

Week 16: Diancie by Mint16

Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Protect
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Protect
- Stone Edge

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Detect

Volcanion @ Mago Berry
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
This team I built around the core of Diancie/Bulu/Volcanion which I have been playing around with for seasonals but haven’t been confortable enough to actually use it :v. Anyways that FWG TR core is the backbone of the team and the TR mode itself helps to combat most other forms of speed control. Next I added Manectric to help vs electric spam and to provide a pivot. Weakened thousand arrows from Zygarde won’t do any damage to Diancie, so a volt switch into Diancie can activate weakness policy easily at the right time. The pivot also helps for Gengar teams. Next I added Kyube as a secondary means of speed control with icy wind and a sort of defensive glue due to its immense bulk and unique typing. Finally I added Kartana for some immediate offense, especially after a z tailwind (which provides a third important form of speed control), it tears through end games. Overall I enjoy this team because of its various immunities (water with Volcanion, electric with regular Manectric) and how it is rather easy to play due to Manectric pivoting and its various forms of speed control!

Week 15: Suicune by laptops

uwu (Suicune) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 44 SpA / 108 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Tailwind

owo (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

n_n (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 28 HP / 140 Atk / 68 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

>:[ (Muk-Alola) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Curse
- Poison Jab
- Recycle
- Knock Off

<_< (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 228 Atk / 56 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

>_> (Landorus-Therian) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn
- Protect
built this team a few weeks ago because yoda said he wanted something fun with cune for the ladder. It's pretty cool and focuses around using bulu and lando to chunk teams to hopefully pull of a late game diancie sweep. Cune helps check tr and gets up tw which is necessary seeing as how most of the other mons sit at a middling speed tier. Muk functions as another tr check, a really good gar check, and also serves as a secondary win condition. Muk lives z kingdra def dump, gene outspeeds lele and can kill lando, and diancie lives lo koko tbolt, can ko back with epower and lando is running enough speed for max volc.

Week 14: Mega Manectric by Arcticblast
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Protect
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Fake Tears
- Tailwind
- Taunt

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
This team is built around the core of Aegislash and Kyurem-B, which I've always felt is a very strong duo that can handle a whole lot of things on its own. [LOKB] is capable of dealing massive damage to pretty much everything in the meta, and Aegislash serves to stabilize Kyurem's aggression by absorbing pressure with Substitute. Landorus-T was honestly added for Stealth Rock (it makes a few calcs easier) but it gives me the team's only real physical attacker, which is a bit of a stretch honestly. Mega Manectric gives me more Intimidate, another way of grabbing momentum, and a generally solid fast attacker. Whimsicott was a funny idea; I didn't have speed control and I wanted it reliably, so Whimsicott came to mind (I will never stop using bad grass types), and on that note I realized I could compress a bit more onto it. Fake Tears is nasty with Kyurem and Aegislash, turning a lot of comfortably tanked hits into clean knockouts. Taunt just makes the bad TR matchup a little less bad, and U-turn does what U-turn do. Tapu Fini seemed like a nice idea in the last slot, and I decided to try out faster CM Fini. I'm still not sure if I like it or not overall, but I think the speed is pretty important to this particular team, and CM is a good failsafe if Kyurem's not in a good position to punch holes in everything.

This team plays aggressively to the point that people will be worried about you. If you're not going for the big dick plays, you're probably going to fall behind. Don't be afraid to let shit die. Remind your opponent that they mean nothing to you.

Week 13: Kommo-o by AuraRayquaza
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Overheat
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Mew @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Defog
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 188 HP / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Roar
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 32 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
Team I used to win the first live tour. Its really just a team I made for the the last winter seasonal that had Marshadow over Kommo-o and some different sets. The idea is that Zard Y + something strong with spread/good coverage (see: marshadow, band zyg) is impossible to switch into once you set up the right conditions. Mew is there to facilitate that nicely, with fake out, tailwind and defog as well as good pivoting to get the breakers in. Koko is the best tapu to pair with zard, as its a fast mode that doesnt need tw and the electric + fairy coverage also makes for a good pairing next to zard. Ferro and Lando patch up my gengar and rain matchups: av lando can eat any hit on gengar trap teams and pick up a ko with any one of its moves, ferro has rocks to aid vs av kyub and zapdos and is just there to switch into a big hit and get back out into my breakers.

You can run ice beam on mew if you want and I did in my last two rounds since my opps hadnt been bringing reliable sr setters and had been packing zygardes. Roar koko is for the fullroom mu since my team gets messed up if tr goes up early. and roaring t1 can really mess up the opposing gameplan with fake out + u turn mew for hoopa.

In terms of playing the team: Mew + zard y is a very safe go-to lead just to put on immediate pressure and have mew do its stuff. Mew in general is great in the front and I expect its a good lead 90% of the time. Ferro is a possible lead to vs non-rain if you need rocks up quickly. Dont be afraid to Overheat Kyubs when you get the chance as you outspeed and its easy damage. The idea most games is to set tw early, and use those turns just to deal as much damage as you can while setting up kommo. then when tw runs out you still have the speed advantage which allows opportunities for more tailwinds.

As a general sidenote: ALL zard ys should be timid max speed otherwise lo kyub becomes a very big issue for these types of offensive comps.

Week 12: Icium Z Kyurem-B by The Cheesen One

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Incineroar (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 140 Def / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Cresselia @ Electric Seed
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 56 SpA / 192 SpD
Bold Nature
- Ally Switch
- Moonlight
- Helping Hand
- Psychic

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect
I started off with my favorite Mega Metagross/Kyub/Koko core. Metagross goes well with Kyub, is also probably the best mega in the meta right now, and instead of using offensive Koko this time I run dual screens + Volt Switch for momentum, Taunt is basically to keep TR out so I don't have to lose half of my squad against it. Next, I want an Intimidate user and I went with Incineroar, this thing has Fake Out/U-Turn/Knock Off which provides great support for the team and Flare Blitz to beat steel types. Choice Band Zygarde is a good option even though I could go with DD to pressure your opponent as well because Zygarde has really nice bulk and you can also put screens up with Koko, but it still gives an offensive presence. Cresselia with Helping Hand and Ally Switch makes it easier for the team to take out threats and other bulky supporters. Ban Ally Switch.

Week 11: Politoed by Jhon

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Protect

Politoed @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Perish Song
- Icy Wind
- Scald

Ludicolo @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Energy Ball
- Protect
ManePsyRain, pretty similar to what I brought to SPL vs MiltankMilk.
Toed here, other than setting rain, acts as a one time fast pivot with eject button which helps get frailer mons onto the field and also keep weather/terrain up. Something Manectric's Volt Switch also plays into. Helping Hand provides the extra push often needed. Icy Wind can be used to punish opponent's avoiding targetting the Poli and Perish can close out certain endgames.
The general idea for using Manectric on this style of team is for the pivoting to keep your positioning positive. Being faster than Rash Deo-A (and Ludi outside of Rain) also allows it to Volt out into Lele (or Toed) to set up the damage boost on the same turn they attack allowing for certain combo kos you couldn't get with just a switch-in. Parts of the team also benefit from Lightning Rod. The best bit though is when your opp has to use Koko to remove Psy Terrain and you push back with Elec Terrain boosted Thunders.
A bunch of stuff is slashable here, so if you're using this play around with sets and items (especially on Deo and Lele) until you find what you're comfortable with.

Week 10: Incineroar by AuraRayquaza

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 88 Atk / 68 Def / 32 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 188 HP / 60 Def / 80 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Tail
- Superpower

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 112 SpA / 12 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 112 Def / 68 SpA / 20 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect
Wanted to try incineroar + gardevoir because they seem to have good synergy but TR garde has been tried and is just not very good so i went with a faster one. But garde is one of those mons that needs heavy speed control support so I added fini zap just for a solid core and kartana because it gives FWG core, steel type and is just a p good tw setter. added zygarde on the end because it also thrives off of tw support and spamming hyper voice + thousand arrows is sogood. the incineroar spread is ablasts but outspeeds mgross in tw. i think hp ice is better for this team on zap so i dont get smacked by opposing zyg since my intimidator cant pivot in on it

Week 9: Staraptor by laptops

Starry (Gengar-Mega) @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 104 HP / 4 Def / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

Nights (Staraptor) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Final Gambit

Help (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect

Bring (Landorus-Therian) @ Groundium Z
EVs: 112 HP / 216 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Us (Volcanion) @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Closer (Zapdos) @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 28 SpA / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
Starting the build for my team I noticed that Staraptor pairs really well with Mega-Gengar. It can kill some of M-Gar's counters like Ttar and Hoopa-U and Final Gambit paired with trapping can assure you are able to pick of threats to the team more easily. From here I added Lando-T because it helps to beat steals which the other two members struggle to hit and helps defensively by providing a ground and electric immune for both members. I usually like protect on my landos, but I feel like knock off is more beneficial for the team to check snorlax along with taunt gengar. Also, the double u-turn helps to cycle intimidate and allows for easy positioning to trap with Gengar. Volcanion was added next and provided a resist to the stacking ice weakness. It also provided another answer, defensively and offensivly, to steels like M-Metagross and celesteela. Coupled with ferrothorn the team has a good match-up vs rain and both mons also function well under trick room. I chose wacan berry over shuca because zapdos with with fire electric ice coverage was looking problematic for the team to switch into and being able to stay in vs it and get off a big hit helps the rest of the team with managing it. Also, curse ferro gives the team a win condition and gengar makes it easier for it to set up. Finally, I decided to finish off the team with the addition of zapdos. It provides speed control, another ground immunity, has good coverage, and acts as a nice lando-t and salamence check.

Week 8: No Tapus by Yellow Paint

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 28 HP / 164 Atk / 44 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Substitute
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Volcanion @ Mago Berry
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 40 SpA / 92 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 68 SpA / 44 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 104 Atk / 212 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
Not exactly a new team, but I think it's a decent example of a one that doesn't actually want tapus. In this case, I built around sub diancie, which has a very high sweeping potential with redirection and other support. Volcanion and zap are built much more offensively than traditional fini zap to break steels and waters for diancie. Kyube and gene round out the team, functioning well outside of twind and fixing lando and koko matchups.

Week 7: Deoxys-A by GenOne

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Protect

Necrozma @ Electric Seed
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 24 SpA / 116 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Deoxys-Attack @ Psychium Z
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Substitute
- Detect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 32 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Toxic
- Protect

Torkoal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
Overview
My goal here was to build a fast, frail offensive team that didn't completely buckle under Trick Room. Necrozma uses Electric Seed in tandem with Calm Mind to form a bulky standoff wincon that also hits respectably hard and helps clear opposing Steel-types. Ferrothorn and Torkoal form a bulky backbone that punishes most Trick Room teams for trying to set it.

Salamence
This is just standard mixed-attacking Salamence with Fire Blast > Hyper Voice. Fire Blast OHKOs Mega Metagross if you set sun with Torkoal, and it essentially becomes a "fake STAB" for Salamence.

Tapu Koko
Basic stuff.

Necrozma
I wrote a pretty lengthy post recently that explains how EVs for Electric Seed Necrozma work, so if you want to know more about those read here.
That said, the basic idea here is to use an Electric Seed, in tandem with Calm Mind, to become a bulky juggernaut that fires off strong attacks and recover as needed. Under sunlight, Necrozma can recover 75% of its health using Moonlight, and again Heat Wave becomes like a "fake STAB."

Deoxys-A
Psychium-Z is the wave, so I just used that. Electrium is probably ok here too if you want to use that instead. Don't bother with Focus Sash though; a good opponent's going to see the Salamence and Torkoal and set Stealth Rock on you anyway.

Ferrothorn
Obligatory Rain check and defensive backbone. I went with Toxic > Leech Seed to punish Snorlax and other bulky stuff. Knock Off works here too.

Torkoal
Secondary rain / weather check, as well as a Trick Room check. Torkoal can live a Stakataka Stone Edge and retaliate with Earth Power, and also speed tie Camerupt to try to get an EP off on it as well. It's not the sturdiest Camerupt check, but Camerupt can't OHKO Ferrothorn, Torkoal and Necrozma in one move so you should always have at least something to hit it with.

Week 6: Naganadel by n10sit

Bitch (Naganadel) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Fire Blast
- Protect

I'm (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Protect

In (Pelipper) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 64 SpD / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Protect

The (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Cut (Aegislash) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Stance Change
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Sacred Sword
- Head Smash
- King's Shield

ROTOM C (Rotom-Mow) @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Rain Dance
- Protect
the good nag set w/ rain. gene patches up holes and lets me pivot back into pelipper to control weather. aegislash is the wildest set ever, head smash, fightinium for ferro, etc. rotom has rain dance bc i couldnt think of a 3rd move. swamp and pelipper basic and busted. n10siteams strike again

Week 5: Gothitelle by Level 51

Gothitelle @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Heal Pulse
- Recycle
- Protect

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Happiness: 0
EVs: 196 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Def / 28 SpD
Brave Nature
- Belly Drum
- Frustration
- High Horsepower
- Recycle

EVs: 176 HP / 12 Def / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Snarl
- Protect

EVs: 28 HP / 148 Atk / 80 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect

Celesteela @ Misty Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 56 Def / 156 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Acrobatics
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 100 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect
GOTH LAX IS BACK

First things first: this team was heavily inspired by the GothLax teams built by Japanese VGC players @sasisu_memo and @Infinity_Ju. I adapted their teams and ideas into a VGC format, won an MSS with it, and have now brought it here to terrorise the good folks of DOU with the neverending berry eaters.

Essentially, now that Marshadow is gone, GothLax has lost one of its biggest counters. The relatively soft-hitting metagame gives Gothitelle a lot of options on what to trap and Snorlax a lot of options on what to set up in front of. Manectric and Landorus-T are meant to cycle Intimidate while maintaining flexibility on the team with Volt Switch + U-turn, with Manectric also providing Snarl to neuter special attackers. These two Pokemon also feature the team's main ways to damage Ferrothorn, with Overheat and Tectonic Rage respectively. Meanwhile, Celesteela and Tapu Fini are both secondary wincons in themselves, especially Tapu Fini which can set up alongside Gothitelle's Heal Pulse support. Both Pokemon also provide reasonably hard checks for Rain (NB: Acrobatics on Celesteela OHKOs Ludicolo).

Week 4: Blacephalon by n10sit

MajorClownMan (Blacephalon) @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Mind Blown
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

MajorIceMan (Kyurem-Black) @ Assault Vest
Relaxed Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power

MajorMuddyMan (Tapu Fini) @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 36 SpA / 28 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

MajorTurnMan (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Flamethrower

MajorMonkeyMan (Oranguru) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 96 SpA / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Instruct
- Taunt
- Ally Switch

MajorManMan (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Protect
this is pretty basic but with some fun oranguru interactions thrown in here, lots of pivoting around allows funky stuff w/ ally switch and intim and what not, this team is kinda fun tbh but i think blace is bad lol. firium z mind blown is cool and then u have telepathy mind blown!! wow! also you can ally switch shadow ball the marsh and if they dont read the ally switch they're not hitting either mon with marsh at all. anyway team rules. vote for me please

Week 3: Necrozma by Nido-Rus

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
Lonely Nature
IVs: 15 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Protect

Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 80 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 200 HP / 244 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech

Necrozma @ Life Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power

Volcanion @ Mago Berry
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Protect

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 84 SpD / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect
Pretty simple and common-ish semiroom, I've seen a lot of people run something else on the celes slot. Celes outspeeds dd mence with tw up and does celesteela things. Leech seed misses or leech seed into a seeded slot powers up ground punch, though ground punch is definitely replaceable with wide guard or stone edge here. Volcanion outspeeds deo with tw up. Necrozma outspeeds 0 spe fini and bulu outspeeds deo with tw up + underspeeds 0 spe fini. Mence outspeeds max spe MGross (bad set, use adamant mgross). Fire blast on mence to chunk down mgross enough for other mons to clean afterwards. Main gameplan with the team is usually to set up an early TW/TR with mence/necro and wear stuff down, and then try to clean endgame with TR staka.

Week 2: Move Tutors by SMB

Kartana @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Tailwind
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 152 HP / 136 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Final Gambit

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
EVs: 140 HP / 124 SpA / 244 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 28 HP / 212 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 96 SpA / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Taunt
(Tailwind Kartana + Icy Wind Tapu Fini)

So I started with this core of tailwind kartana + offensive kyub cause they both seemed really threatening together once you get tw up, limiting the switch ins due to their coverage and offensive pressure. Victini is here because fire moves are needed on every team rn and it seemed a nice option to get tw up with kartana, eliminating one mon on the field and giving a free switch to take more advantage of tw.
The mu vs marshadow and fire types was kind of shaky at this point so landorus (and later tapu fini) fixes that. At this point I did not have a steel type since kartana doesn't really count as a steel type and I needed to improve my mu vs psyspam so mega metagross is perfect for this and it's benefited from tw too. I chose hammer arm as the coverage move cause this is what does more dmg to scizor and could help if I lose my checks to ferrothorn, tbh I feel like I don't really need either thunder or ice punch and I don't like sub metagross so yeah. Finally I didn't have a tapu and to improve my mu vs fire types and marshadow I opted for tapu fini as my last mon. On my mega metagross teams I like to have 2 ways of speed control since it's probably one of the mons that aprecciate it more so I went with icy wind tapu fini and it really was worth it.

Week 1: Stakataka by GenOne

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 11 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Protect

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Ally Switch

Bronzong @ Psychium Z
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
Stakataka full-Trick Room seems to have become a pretty standard and linear archetype in a short amount of time, so rather than reinventing the wheel with something crazy I figured I'd just try to optimize what the standard build looks like.

The general idea here is that it's a full-Trick Room team that leverages two offensive TR setters, one bulky/reliable TR setter and some slow sweeper mons. I posted something similar in the USUM discussion thread, but with Necrozma over Bronzong. However, new toy syndrome aside, Bronzong is the perfect fit into this build as it's a bulky and reliable Trick Room setter that can help create momentum in the early game. In most scenarios, I'll lead this team with Bronzong as my goal is to set Trick Room as early on as possible. Generally I'll go for the Z Trick Room, but if you're faced against a Tapu Fini or Koko you might find it worth saving the z move for later in the match since Bronzong has enough bulk to set TR twice in a game given the right plays. Scrafty gives you obligatory Fake Out support against non-Lele teams. For Lele teams, I'll usually lead two of the three Trick Room setters, creating a 50/50 situation where one will set Trick Room and the other can either punch a hole in the opposing team (given the right matchup) or pivot out into a partner that can take the anticipated attack. Once Trick Room is set, your goal is to switch into strong attackers like Camerupt, Stakataka and Hoopa-U while Trick Room is still up. Given the good defensive typings on Bronzong and Stakataka (as well as the generally solid special bulk on Hoopa-U) you will find plenty of situations where you have two of these three TR setters on the field as your Trick Room is about to expire, with no opposing Pokemon that can KO either. If you're in this situation, click Trick Room on both setters; the first will cancel TR and the second will reset it, thereby giving you another 4 turns of TR while bypassing the one turn where your opponent can pressure you with faster attackers. Only attempt this play, however, if your two active TR setters are safe from all hypothetical opposing attacks or if you're willing to make a hard read that's well-informed. I went with Ally Switch over Protect on Stakataka since I rarely found myself clicking Protect, and because Stakataka's good defensive typing and physical bulk can easily tank a lot of hits that aren't explicitly intended to hit it.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Time for a fresh start! The rules have been slightly adjusted to avoid the issues at the end of the previous thread, but I'm open to suggestions for more edits. With Ultra Sun and Moon fully underway, it's time to build around a brand new addition to the metagame...

Stakataka emerged from the start as the third solid Steel-type Ultra Beast in the Doubles metagame, with its solid Attack stat and incredibly low Speed providing it immensely strong Gyro Balls on every non-resistant foe. Despite an unfortunate typing that leaves it 4x weak to Ground- and Fighting-type moves, Stakataka is able to maintain effectiveness due to its monstrous Defense stat giving it the ability to take nearly every physical attack, especially when holding a resistance Berry. Access to two solid Rock-type STABs in Stone Edge and Rock Slide, Trick Room, Wide Guard, Ally Switch, and Stomping Tantrum gives Stakataka a reasonable amount of flexibility. How you use it is up to you, so get to building!

Submissions close Saturday, Dec 2 at 11:59pm EST!

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Guess which two Pokemon have Assault Vest:

Stakataka @ Chople Berry
Lonely Nature
- Wide Guard
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide

Scrafty @ Fightinium Z
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand

Tapu Bulu @ Occa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Atk / 132 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Taunt
- Protect

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

EVs: 224 HP / 56 Atk / 164 Def / 52 SpA / 12 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind

I built this team mostly out of a desire to try Lonely Stakataka, actually. Wide Guard's broken now, so fuck Protect. I decided on Scrafty early on because I've been using it and think it's a great pick for a full TR team in this meta, and the two together provide a lot of power. Cresselia and Bulu were added as defensive tools (not to say Bulu's weak!), and then Volcanion and Kyurem-B rounded out the team as bulky pivots providing special damage. This team plays like a bulky offense team that has to use Trick Room every few turns, really; pivot around while you set up your attackers.

Pigeons

pidge pidge
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Stakataka @ Rockium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpD
Lonely Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Trick Room

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge
- Nature's Madness

Hoopa-Unbound @ Grassy Seed
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 64 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scrafty @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Atk / 24 Def
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Head Smash
- Fake Out

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

A little similar to the first team but that's hard to avoid when using Stakataka. I decided to go the full TR route here given how powerful Staks is under it and the fact that it can perform decently as a setter itself. Tapu Bulu is a great partner for Stakataka for obvious reasons, halving Earthquake damage is extremely useful for Staks and the two have great offensive synergy to boot. Given that this team was going to be full TR I decided to add a second setter sooner rather than later, Hoopa-U is generally one of the stronger setters and gets rid of Aegislash for the first two members. I decided to try out Grassy Seed to patch up Hoopa's subpar defense a bit, which combined with intimidate support makes getting TR up much easier. Volcanion was a nice glue to check all the Steel-types in the meta as well as rain, I opted for Assault Vest to stand the best chance possible against Kingdra. The last two members I've changed a few times but I liked the utility provided by Scrafty + Amoongus best. The two mostly are there to help get TR up but Fake Out, Intimidate, Rage Powder and Spore have lots of utility in general. Tapu Lele is a bit annoying here but Staks, Bulu and Volcanion can all somewhat handle it.

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor

grey (Stakataka) @ Chople Berry
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Protect

white (Abomasnow-Mega) @ Abomasite
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
- Protect

dark grey (Tapu Bulu) @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 SpD
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Protect

orange (Scrafty) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Atk / 20 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Stone Edge

red (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 104 SpA / 20 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Substitute
- Protect

pink (Mew) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

I decided to go the full trick room route because that is where stakataka shines brightest, being a great setter and offensive threat. I gave it chople because the team handles grounds well and superpower+cc are move prevalent moves. Stak can't touch bulky waters and it is also nuked by ground types so i decided to add mega-abomasnow to better handle these problems and because hail is fun. Giga Drain> energy ball because giga won't proc pinch berries if you hit fini at full. Ice shard helps snipe off weakened foes outside of tr which is also nice. Bulu is basically an auto add with staka to weaken eq. It also gets rid of psychic terrain for ice shard/fake out and it provides nice residual recovery. I was using av at first but found that the burst damage of z wood hammer was much appreciated as well as the ability to protect. I added scrafty as a way to help ensure tr goes up with fake out and intimidate support is very appreciated. It also helped reduce the teams inability to touch steels at that point. Knock off and low kick also help to immobilize snorlax. Volcanion strengthened the steel matchcup, provided another offesnsive threat and without it the team has trouble switching into fire moves. For the final member I knew I needed another setter and had settled on hoopa since it is debatably the best setter in the meta. The team was also looking slightly weak to marshadow and hoopa's psychic coverage would help to offensively check it. However, I realized the team didn't have rocks and I was not going to pass up on using the best move in the game, so I settled on mew who provided amazing utility. Its spread lives orb spectral thief 100% of the time and then gives it enough special bulk take z psych deo semi-well. It can set tr, get those rocks up, as well as set up the veil which makes the bulky team very difficult to kill. Psychic is there in order to be able to pick off marshadow as cc nukes the team.
The team beats standard tailwind ho by getting up tr, has bulu, volc, and abomasnow for rain, and stakataka and mew can handle psyspam.

Last edited:

EVs: 240 HP / 64 Def / 160 SpA / 44 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Growl
- Protect

Stakataka @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 232 HP / 72 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 140 Def / 44 SpA / 64 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hyperspace Fury
- Trick Room
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 228 HP / 84 Def / 8 SpA / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rage Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Spore
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Stakataka really shines in TR, but Landorus-T and Marshadow rampages this meta, so I decided that Protect is def a necessity. Tapu Bulu is nice, but it felt too mainstream for TR teams. As in result, I just decided to use Tapu Lele + Hoopa-U instead. By adding Amoonguss, Hyperspace + Spore spam is just too good. Not to mention, its redirection is fire. I also heard that AV Kyube is fire, too, so I added it to the team. However, it wasn't my style; for me, Psychic Seed + Protect seemed far more valuable to the team. I still wanted a Celesteela check and a Ground-immune Pokemon, so I added Zard. Not many players realize that I have Growl on Zard; the move helps the team survive common threats as shown below.

Charizard-Mega-Y
Calculated For:

252 Atk Landorus-Therian Rock Slide vs. 240 HP / 64 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 300-356 (84 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Stakataka
Calculated For:

252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8+ Def Stakataka: 268-324 (82.4 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Notable Mention:
252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 8+ Def Chople Berry Stakataka: 234-276 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tapu Lele
Calculated For:

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 232 HP / 72 Def Tapu Lele: 283-338 (83.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gengar-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 232 HP / 124 SpD Tapu Lele: 288-338 (84.9 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Notable Mentions:
-1 252 Atk Tough Claws Metagross-Mega Iron Head vs. 232 HP / 72 Def Tapu Lele: 284-336 (83.7 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hoopa-Unbound
Calculated For:

252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 140 Def Hoopa-Unbound: 308-363 (84.6 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Hoopa-Unbound: 307-361 (84.3 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44+ SpA Life Orb Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Hole vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Salamence-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 331-391 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Notable Mentions:
-1 252+ Atk Landorus-Therian U-turn vs. 252 HP / 140 Def Hoopa-Unbound: 300-356 (82.4 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Amoonguss
Calculated For:

-1 60 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 228 HP / 84 Def Amoonguss: 356-422 (83.5 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Survives 2 Heat Waves from 252+ SpA Heatran/Volcanion

Kyurem-Black
Calculated For:

252 Atk Life Orb Marshadow Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 172+ Def Kyurem-Black: 382-452 (84.3 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

fuck ground types™

started with stak, figured all the teams would be some form of TR so i didnt do that, went with ally switch and wide guard instead for that nice team support, lonely for the attack boost which is the good set. av kyube is there bc it beats rain and lando and all sorts of shit that beats stak, marsh beats ferro and lax and is a great tr check and can do huge damage with marsh z. tapu fini gives me that terrain support! and does tapu fini shit idk heal pulse rules. then i have volcanion bc fuck ferrothorn and rain i guess and then zapdos for the tailwind and shit. team rules #1 na

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
Lonely Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Wide Guard
- Ally Switch

Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Icy Wind

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Heal Pulse

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tailwind
- Roost

Articblast, im sorry i ever doubted you on lonely stak, its an absolute beast. will update with team soon

Tapu Fini @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

Stakataka @ Wiki Berry
Lonely Nature
IVs: 14 Def / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Protect

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 176 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Tailwind

Landorus-Therian @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stealth Rock
- Imprison
yo electrium zapdos is sick lol. evs listed let you always ohko marsh. speedy imprison lando is the sickest stak partner ever. teams is p good, i like it.

Last edited:

Necrozma @ Kasib Berry
Quiet Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Torkoal (M) @ Firium Z
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Protect

Scrafty (M) @ Assault Vest
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Stakataka @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Trick Room
- Wide Guard

Gardevoir (M) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Protect

Similar to the previous teams, but instead I'm using Torkoal & Necrozma! Stak's Gyro is so strong, WG is super broken, rs for flinchhax, and chople to survive marsh's cc. Torkoal's sun patches stak's rain weakness, and nukes everything. Necrozma has both heat wave and moonlight to benefit from the sun, and Kasib lets it survive sssss. Scrafty support is so good, low kick for ttar and tran, and ice punch for lando/mence. Bulu adds a third layer of field control and softens common ground hits. Garde mostly cuz i forgot i needed a mega lol.

Red Lights

Red Lights (Stakataka) @ Weakness Policy
Lonely Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Wide Guard
- Trick Room

Hurricane Love (Salamence-Mega) (M) @ Salamencite
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Happy Face (Amoonguss) (F) @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Supreme (Tapu Lele) @ Psychium Z
EVs: 212 HP / 112 SpA / 8 SpD / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Anywhere (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 96 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def / 156 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tonight (Marshadow) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect
it's gonna look like a mini-RMT of sorts
Chapter 1: Red Lights

Ever since I got into DOU, building has seemed so complicated for me, getting the hang of the meta was already quite a challenge, but building teams for a Doubles format was a whole other level of difficulty, this is probably true because of the nature of the metagame, in Singles, team structures, win conditions, and playstyles seem much clearer then in Doubles, at least for me. Still, after a couple of months, I've built some decent enough squads, but nothing really usable in a serious high-level match. Then I decided to start my build with Stakataka, not only because it is the current Pokémon on the competition, but also because it is my favourite and most viable new Pokémon that USUM gave us. I played around a bit with a Rockium Z set that I adapted from singles, then I decided to try the Chople set, but the set I ended up settling on was Weakness Policy, while it may seem like a big gimmick, I like to think of this set similarly to Diance's Weakness Policy Trick Room set. It can take a spread EQ from -1 Landorus-T, it can tank a spread Muddy Water from Tapu Fini, it can tank a -1 Superpower from Deoxys-Attack, and so on. I agree it's not the best user of Weakness Policy, but it's still a threat. But to be completely sincere I was unsure on what item to give it, Chople is nice for Marshadow's Close Combat, but it can still Spectral Thief and steal your precious beast boosts, a Z-crystal wasn't really a smart option in my eyes as it requires Stone Edge, and I really think Rock Slide is better by a landslide, Life Orb is good on Singles but I don't think it servers much purpose here, so I just slapped a Weakness Policy and called it a day, you can change to Chople though, if you want to.

Chapter 2: Hurricane Love

The next partner was Mega Salamence, I immediately thought that I could make a interesting Semi-Room team, after taking a look at the resources, specifically the Teambuilding Frameworks (thanks for the Frameworks, Frania!) I realized how great Mega Salamence was to the playstyle I was aiming for. Tailwind is also a cool addition to the team, making it unreliant on Trick Room to succeed, and therefore opening Room for Tapu Lele, Marshadow and Mega Salamence itself to sweep.

Chapter 3: Happy Face

Okay, I'll be honest, Amoonguss is probably one of the Pokémon I dislike the most, but I still have to accept the fact that it is indeed a very good Pokémon. Trick Room 'boosted' Spore is really good, and Rage Powder helps to get Trick Room up or set up with Lele. Giga Drain was prefered over Sludge Bomb for the matchup versus rain.

Chapter 4: Supreme

Up next was Tapu Lele, it is meant to be more of a Wallbreaker, Calm Mind is for sure a weird set, but I decided that Psychium Z Lele was for sure a interesting addition to the team, which provided me a lot of raw power. I didn't want to go with max Speed because I felt Tapu Lele would really appreciate the added bulk not only to set up more, but to keep supporting Amoonguss which appreciates Spore-friendly Terrain, and Hoopa-U whose Hyperspace Hole hits severely hard under Terrain.

Chapter 5: Anywhere

Hoopa-U gives me a secondary Trick Room setter and it really appreciates the Terrain from Tapu Lele, not to mention the formidable core it creates with Stakataka. I guess I could have picked something else to put in this spot, but Hoopa-U's ability to break Protect is really appreciated, and not being the sole setter helps in a situation where Stakataka gets overly pressured.

Chapter 6: Tonight

Finally, the team was looking rather slow, Marshadow felt like a natural pick thanks to it's ability to pressure Steel-types and to dissuade opposing Trick Room and set up sweepers. I also realized it deals well with most checks of Hoopa such as Scrafty, Landorus-T, and Mega Salamence due to it's access to Hidden Power [Ice]. I ended up forgoing Shadow Sneak, which despite being very helpful, is a little against the premise of a Psychic Terrain team.

Last edited:

Ability: Aerilate
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

Stakataka @ Weakness Policy
Lonely Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Stone Edge

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 64 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Steam Eruption

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Protect

I really do prefer the Weakness Policy set, so I set out to build around it accordingly. For Stakataka to easily obtain a boost, Intimdiate support was added in Salamence. Bulu was another obvious choice to weaken earthquake. From there I added a staple of pretty much all my teams lately in Volcanion, and it's typing compliments the rest of the team quite well. Then I added a fast mode by slapping Tapu Koko and Marsh on the end of the team, and it seemed balanced out.

Mence is Tailwind to help out Bulu and Volcanion for the most part. Stakataka has protect over wide guard because it's so obvious to wide guard atm and protecting can be especially important when weakness policy boosts are obtained. Volcanion and Bulu are both standard AV sets. Koko is the z move user of the team, volt switch for momentum. Marsh is one of if not the best mon in the tier rn, nothing much to say about its standard LO set.

EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Volcanion @ Poisonium Z
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Stakataka @ Chople Berry
Lonely Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Jigglypuff @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ally Switch
- Telekinesis
- Heal Pulse
- Dazzling Gleam

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Zen Headbutt

I honestly don't think Staka is a very good Pokemon unless you're willing to cheese things up a bit, so I made a team with a solid foundation, and added just a dash of my own personal sickness.

I was determined to use jigglypuff. While it's true that Clefairy would literally do the same things (with Follow Me > Ally Switch) there is something to be said for using a mon that it is actually impossible to determine what it's moveset might be based on preview.

There are some interesting sets here, namely Z Sludge Bomb Volcanion, which will always KO kingdra if you follow up with Dazzling Gleam from jiggly (this is the only reason I had for switching from Icy Wind). AV koko is another, even though it's not unheard of, and stomping Staka. I prefer having the ground coverage to rock slide or stone miss. There's no specific match up I had in mind, I just think that the ground coverage is better than dual stab, and I really want protect on this guy. I find there are too many games where Staka will die without doing anything if I don't have protect to maneuver him.

I played a few games with this so check out the replays. There's nothing spectacular in terms of my opponent's teams, but you can get a feel for how things play and the satisfaction of using Jiggly. There's a spectacular feeling you get when your opponent looks at your team thinking "free win from this idiot" and you crush them, with heavy Jiggly involvement.

Side note: If you don't want to vote for this team that's cool. I wouldn't. But please try and vote for a team that you think the submitter actually used. That's always bugged me.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-666279704 vs mono ice lol but you get to see me use telekinesis really well here
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-666449705 staka sweep, and a bit of jiggly working with other mons besides staky
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-666284964 these two are more fun, I'll take this this team a little farther up the ladder maybe, just enjoy : )
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doublesou-666282161

Last edited:

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Standard stuff but this team delivers results. It's basically the team I posted to the USUM discussion, minus the new toy syndrome.

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Nature Power
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 11 Spe
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Protect

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Stone Edge
- Trick Room
- Ally Switch

Bronzong @ Psychium Z
Ability: Heatproof
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Hypnosis
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Def
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
Stakataka full-Trick Room seems to have become a pretty standard and linear archetype in a short amount of time, so rather than reinventing the wheel with something crazy I figured I'd just try to optimize what the standard build looks like.

The general idea here is that it's a full-Trick Room team that leverages two offensive TR setters, one bulky/reliable TR setter and some slow sweeper mons. I posted something similar in the USUM discussion thread, but with Necrozma over Bronzong. However, new toy syndrome aside, Bronzong is the perfect fit into this build as it's a bulky and reliable Trick Room setter that can help create momentum in the early game. In most scenarios, I'll lead this team with Bronzong as my goal is to set Trick Room as early on as possible. Generally I'll go for the Z Trick Room, but if you're faced against a Tapu Fini or Koko you might find it worth saving the z move for later in the match since Bronzong has enough bulk to set TR twice in a game given the right plays. Scrafty gives you obligatory Fake Out support against non-Lele teams. For Lele teams, I'll usually lead two of the three Trick Room setters, creating a 50/50 situation where one will set Trick Room and the other can either punch a hole in the opposing team (given the right matchup) or pivot out into a partner that can take the anticipated attack. Once Trick Room is set, your goal is to switch into strong attackers like Camerupt, Stakataka and Hoopa-U while Trick Room is still up. Given the good defensive typings on Bronzong and Stakataka (as well as the generally solid special bulk on Hoopa-U) you will find plenty of situations where you have two of these three TR setters on the field as your Trick Room is about to expire, with no opposing Pokemon that can KO either. If you're in this situation, click Trick Room on both setters; the first will cancel TR and the second will reset it, thereby giving you another 4 turns of TR while bypassing the one turn where your opponent can pressure you with faster attackers. Only attempt this play, however, if your two active TR setters are safe from all hypothetical opposing attacks or if you're willing to make a hard read that's well-informed. I went with Ally Switch over Protect on Stakataka since I rarely found myself clicking Protect, and because Stakataka's good defensive typing and physical bulk can easily tank a lot of hits that aren't explicitly intended to hit it.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
I fell asleep so this is a few hours late, but it's time to vote! Please respond with the name of the user you feel most deserves to win this round. The rules in the OP have been updated to clarify that voting for yourself is NOT ALLOWED, so if you try to do so I will ignore your vote.

Arcticblast
Pigeons
laptops
Test Bot #
n10sit
megacyber
D-Striker
Exploudit
Mint16
KyleCole
GenOne

Voting closes Tuesday, December 5th at noon EST!

talkingtree

large if factual
Congratulations to GenOne for winning this week! His team and description will be our first entry into the Hall of Fame in the OP. As for this week, we're going to try something different...

and we'll be focusing on USUM Move Tutors! The addition of the new games didn't only bring new Pokemon but also changed existing metagame threats, with Stomping Tantrum Mega Metagross, Icy Wind Tapu Fini, Knock Off Kartana, coverage for Necrozma, Electroweb Tapu Koko, and many more updates being made. This week, your teams should highlight at least TWO new moves learned from move tutors. These extra coverage moves and support options tend to be eschewed in favor of tried and true sets, so now's your opportunity to try something new! If you want some inspiration or information for this week, check out the OP of the USUM Discussion Thread here.

Deadline for submissions is Saturday, December 9th at 11:59pm EST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)