Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Decided to go along with the Diancie-Mega + Salamence core and slap in Aegislash as a nice touch Fairy-Dragon-Steel tri-core. However, I felt the tri-core was severely outmatched by Rain and Suicune + Breloom fitted perfectly into the team, so I did what I gotta do. Lastly, I put Talonflame for fire coverage and a wonderful Fire-Water-Grass tri-core as well as means for another Earthquake switch-in and speed control.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 216 HP / 204 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Snarl

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Aegislash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Terrak is a throwback to 2013.
I went with a sun build. This team relies around weakening the opposition with Weavile and Terrakion, and cleaning the team up with a sun sweep. Aegislash and Salamence are pivots that help get positioning. It can be prediction heavy to get the right positioning down, but one early pick can set up a wave if played properly. I mostly used SmogDex spreads for the team. The only notably unique set I have is Choice Scarf + Tail Wind on Salamence. The idea of the combination is that I can switch Salamence in for an intimidate when I know it will get KOed, and use TW to help set up Terrak and Zard for spamming their spread moves. A notable weakness with this team is Diancie, but even that can be played around with proper positioning and predictions. This team requires a player to either make super risky plays to get necessary KOs or a lot of patience to set op those KOs. I've had a lot of fun playing with this team and look forward to continuing revising it.

The only form of speed control on the team, besides Chlorophyll in a sense, is tail wind. I needed some way to speed up the team as a whole, and tail wind was the first thing that came to mind. Salamence doesn't need a fourth coverage move, so I thought I could add TW to it. It's for a scenario when I use Salamence as a pivot to get Weavile or Terrakion in for free. If Mence can't get a KO itself, I use TW and sac it. A Terrakion or Charizard under TW is terrifying.

The only form of speed control on the team, besides Chlorophyll in a sense, is tail wind. I needed some way to speed up the team as a whole, and tail wind was the first thing that came to mind. Salamence doesn't need a fourth coverage move, so I thought I could add TW to it. It's for a scenario when I use Salamence as a pivot to get Weavile or Terrakion in for free. If Mence can't get a KO itself, I use TW and sac it. A Terrakion or Charizard under TW is terrifying.
The problem isn't tailwind mence, its that its scarf and tailwind. The main draw to mence is that its coverage is great, has intimidate, and tailwind. When you scarf it you limit yourself to just one move or just tailwind everytime it comes in.

I run scarf because of Intimidate. I'd rather it have the extra speed to get a surprise KO and switch out so it can pop intimidate again than have it stay in and stick around for a while. It has good coverage between fire, water, and dragon type, so the last spot is filler. I chose TW for the reason I said in my last post. I think that scarf mence is a good set.

Matame

New Rules
I run scarf because of Intimidate. I'd rather it have the extra speed to get a surprise KO and switch out so it can pop intimidate again than have it stay in and stick around for a while. It has good coverage between fire, water, and dragon type, so the last spot is filler. I chose TW for the reason I said in my last post. I think that scarf mence is a good set.
The difference with how lando abuses intimidate and how mence abuses intimidate is that lando gets a pivot move in u turn. Without it mence can't really abuse this ability as much as you'd want to. Big issue with scarf is mence really doesnt appreciate being locked into one move. Being locked into twind is lol, only real benifit i can see from using scarf is occasionally getting a surprise kill on diancie, scarf lando (both of these don't ko in sun lol) and scarf Kyurem. Also big issue with scarf mence is people will just scout for what move you go for and play the next turn accordingly which, unlike other scarf mons, doesn't really have that many perks to make up for that; A surprise kill on Diancie every now and then really isn't worth.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
VOTING TIME!

Y'all know what to do, just post the name of the guy you're voting for!

GreenGogoatttt
n10sit
Psijguy
Test Bot
Qazoo306

Deadline of voting on Tuesday GMT noon (or close!)

GreenGogoatttt's team looks fun

And yeah, the Mence is basically a worse Landot on my team. Also, I play Charizard very carefully while diancie or Landot are still in play, so sun could not be put up yet in the diancie matchup. A diancie has no reason to fear a non scarfed Mence, so an opponent has no reason to switch. I think the scarf is worth a supprise KO on diancie. I'm done after this b/c I don't want to clutter the thread now that voting has started. PM me if you want to continue the debate.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Looks like I've got some explaining to do...

As most of you guys can see, I've failed to update this on time yet again. That is because, for the past few weeks, I've been dealing with a lot of schoolwork, all of which I have finished yesterday. This project will continue on tomorrow, with any more delays highly unlikely. Apologies for the hassle! :heart:

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
Finally, after a very long time, we're back!

With a good lead in votes, n10sit takes the week (or 2 weeks, I digress).

This time, we're gonna go to DUU with a Crawdaunt build! Crawdaunt is one of the strongest attackers in the metagame with its 120 Attack, Adaptability, and strong STAB move in Crabhammer. However, it is quite frail and slow, leaving it prone to just getting picked off straight up. Priority in Aqua Jet helps somewhat, however.

Deadline of building is on Saturday GMT noon!

Matame

New Rules

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tailwind
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Protect

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Protect

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Whirlwind
- Super Fang

Tyrantrum @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Protect

I decided to build around Crawdaunt and Tailwind Charx. Crawdaunt appreciates heavy speed control and Charx appreciates an offensive check to Diancie. Went with Roserade next as an offensive check to Bulky waters and a soft tr check in the form of fast sleep. Crobat for my additional trick room check, set up sweeper check and another offensive way of dealing with grasses. Tyrantrum checks Charx and Volcarona, and pressures as a set up sweeper. Raikou checks flying types and bulky waters and can set up cm to be able to take on other electrics 1v1. Went with hp water as an additional way of dealing with camerupt.

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

crawdaunt trick room

you got ur boy dual stabs crawdaunt, hes with the knocks, hes with the hammers and the jets, yeet. next is scarf boom boom gene bc you gotta have ur fast mode, ur iron head, ur u turn, etcetera homes. jellicent sets the big tr, you live yama knocks, its big time, next is the GAWD AV rhyp, lives an abomasnow giga or blizzard, heaaaat. p2 also sets the big TR, we in it to live it. yeeeeet. mew. oh man mew. has flamethrower for those big snows and steel types, psychic for the fightings, can recover and fake out, wew mew wew.

struggles vs mono fighting but its 1-0 on ladder, gg

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Explosion
- Ice Beam

Jellicent @ Mental Herb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Recover

Rhyperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Drill Run
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Recover

Mew @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Protect
- Flare Blitz

Clefairy @ Eviolite
Ability: Friend Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Follow Me
- Heal Pulse
- Protect
- Moonlight

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Protect

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Protect
- Aqua Jet

Rotom-Mow @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Mew @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Synchronize
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- Tailwind
- Transform

So... I decided to build around Zard-X + Clefairy with two things in mind: just destroy Trick Room teams and check anything that outspeeds Zard-X. The combination of Nidoking + Crawdaunt + Rotom-Mow does a great job of doing this, especially against a team built around Mega Camel and Mega Blast. In the case of Rotom-Mow, it also acts as a Sleep Powder / Rage Powder check, Ground check, and Physical Attacker check; it's an overall useful mon. Mew is just an extra offensive as well as defensive insurance; besides Fake Out, Transform and TW really helps out when needed.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect
- Hammer Arm

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind
- Super Fang

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect
- Substitute

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Water]

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Protect

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

This is just some duu team i built with crawdaunt a couple days ago. Started with Megagross because I like to use it and its good for taking out things like Diancie, Hariyama. Added Crobat to add Tailwind support and could help with Trick Room with Whirlwind. I added Serperior next to help check water-types. I thought Specs Rotom-H with Hp water would be cool next because of its great offensive typing and ability to beat Camerupt 1v1. Added Crawdaunt to help more with Trick Room and beats psychic, ghost-types. Lastly I added Diancie to help check things like flying and dragon-types.

Idyll

xD
RBTT Champion
IT'S TIME

To vote, just vote the name of the guy you're voting for.

Matame
n10sit
Test Bot #
Mishimono

Deadline of voting is on Monday GMT noon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)