Doubles OU Teambuilding Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i'm new to this metagame, and i heard that hyper offense is playable in this tier, so I would like to ask for a request for one.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
-explosion/thunderbolt

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

i wouldn't mind if the sets are adjusted to how it fits the team, that includes ev's and abilitys too.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I love that the first post has request for all sorts of cool ideas. I feel like today if someone asked to build around ampharos, scizor, Chesnaught, ect they would be told those mons are shit don't use them. We need to go back to building interesting and fun teams. I'd like to get involved.
Blaze45 I'll put something together for you

n1n1 i would have equally done that, but none builders are not allowed to submit teams unfortunatly... however i'd love it if this project was re-taken and assigned an active head and crew to manage

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
For what it's worth you're better off running life orb or stone plate diancie (life orb drops some bulk/hit but allows you to ohko fairy weaks) instead of weakness policy, as you need that boost in damage to hit vital 2hkos like Latios and LandoT

Also you really don't want to be getting hit by a SE move (steel, water are both going to ohko you outright more often than not). The only SE moves you can reasonably tank are Earth Powers and Earthquake and you miss out on important damage as mentioned earlier.

Well, I would like to get this thread revived as it seems it was awesome as well as helping new member in the community so I will gladly request a team made with mega Manectric.

The set below and the reasons I picked them
* Lighting rod to support before getting intimidate
* Evs to hit 396 speed. Enough to outrun mega gengar and deoxys speed. Rest in SpA and HP.
* Volt switch for hit and run situations and overheat and hp ice for coverage.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Protect

He is a great support mon that can deal enough damage to chip down for late game ko's. He needs support that stops speed control as tailwind and trick room render him dead weight.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm still listed as a builder in this thread lmao (I mean the other approved builders are all dead too but whatever)

tbh Megatric might not be AS bad anymore. I like the growing prominence of electrics in this meta as Volcanion has somewhat displaced Heatran on a lot of teams. Still tough to justify using it over other electrics but whatever. If no one else wants it, I can do it later this week.

Blaze45 since the builders of the thread arent excatly active , i fetched you up a team myself . i may not be the best, but i do know my teambuilding basics, and am a voice inthe doubles room. this team also was made confirming to the dedicated trick room archetype, and covers the conditions, therefore should be okay to use. i've gave it a test run and it did moderatly well, tho i think , although i built it, that i've seen a very similar team somewhere... maybe an old sample or something

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 192 HP / 108 Atk / 208 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Scrafty @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Quick Guard

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Trick Room
- Protect

so weakness policy diancie is the pokemon you requested, thus what i built around. all of the sets are taken directly from the smogon analysis, thus i will simply copy paste what it says they are for. 192 HP EVs let Diancie survive Mega Charizard Y's Solar Beam and Landorus-T's Earthquake, 208 Special Attack EVs and a Quiet Nature allow Diancie to OHKO Landorus-T with Moonblast after a Weakness Policy boost, and the rest of its EVs are invested in Attack to boost Diamond Storm. next up we have amoonguss, with rocky helmet. you can use sitrus if you like to have more sustainability, but this team struggles a bit with talonflame, thus i thought rocky helmet could help dent it further along with the recoil it'll take. it also helps our mushroom bother mega kangaskhan which is often displeasing to face. azumarill pairs greatly with amoonguss, taking out fire types, and taking advantage of the rage powder redirection to set up belly drum. it's also slow and a scary sweeper in trick room. our mega is mega-camerupt, a very untraditional one nowadays, but whom i've found to have a niche in this team, as gardevoir gave us a second fairy, and kangaskhan kind of took away synergy, for me at least. ancient power is for talonflame, but you can run substitute or fireblast if you'd like. scrafty provides intimidate, which helps again with talonflame, kangaskhan, etc.. while fake out helps set trick room. quick guard is yet again for talonflame and prankster taunt, and life orb makes it do decent damage. the 4 in spdef are for a very particular reason which is download, so that genesect boosts attack, which you can intimidate later on, canceling the boost. also you have decent physical walls in jirachi and amoongus for physical genesect (also helps with porygon 2). jirachi gives a steel type, very nice defensive typing helping with switch ins and synergy, soft checks latios, kangaskhan, sets trick room really viably, and very unfortunatly uses iron head. its very weird to have dual redirection, but i've found it nice.
a suggestion i can make is replacing camerupt with mega kangaskhan , and jirachi with heatran , but that would make your team very heavily reliant on diancie to set up trick room. you could additionally put jellicent instead of azumarill then, but that would somehow make it a completly different team. still up to you tho.

i hope you enjoy :)

also im really hoping if a higher up would like to point that others shouldnt build except the "builders" i think its much more effective to improve the team given rather than delete and wait randomly for another that might not come

Cosseboom

i've also took time to build you a mega-manetric team. now, i really dont want to sound harsh, but among the things that would make the team more viable is replacing mega manetric itself with mega diancie, and probably adding thundurus somewhere (credits to Yellow Paint for the suggestion). while you might think mega manetric is powerful, it isnt really too viable, and while it has good abilities (before and after mega evolving), great stats, and cool coverage, its performance on the feild is a bit underwhelming. exibit a :

Politoed used Helping Hand!
Politoed is ready to help Manectric!

The opposing Jirachi used Follow Me!
The opposing Jirachi became the center of attention!

Manectric used Thunder!
The opposing Jirachi lost 70% of its health! (altho i got a para here)

Manectric @ Manectite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Protect

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Rain Dance
- Follow Me

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Protect

so mega-manetric was what was requested, yet again i recomend at least trying out with mega diancie+thundurs instead, at least to compare. the set is what you gave, but i've found the 40 hp not particularly helpful, thus removed them. the relevant threats 396 hits beats as you said mega gengar, and things like mega aerodactyl, +1 blaziken, etc.. but i've just found them way too uncommon to prepare for, and mostly lose power just to beat. i wanted at first to use it like raichu, on certain teams, with gyarados and such, but helping water types made me take a rain route, and rain gave me the thunder instead of volt switch idea. politoed is a rain setter, physically bulky to stand up to kangaskhan and scald, and to hold hands with pokemon and giving them moral. ice beam is for certain mushrooms (amoonguss) and thundurus mostly. kingdra was chosen over ludicolo because i like the spread, deals with kyurem black, and is overall more scary to be facing, in my opinion, plus dragon is a solid type. talonflame is your "fire in the rain" as ferrothorn, amoonguss, mega venusaur are horrid to face (overheat on manetric has merits here i suppose). i gave it will-o-wisp to annoy kangaskhan, particularly, since the team's direct way of dealing with it is terrakion, who doesnt like losing its sash on a switch in. jirachi is a spore check, a very bizzare second rain setter whom checkmater75 inspired me to use in his archetype. redirection is also kinda useful i suppose. the steel typing is the biggest benefit it gives tho, in my opinion. terrakion is your second sun check, kangaskhan check, fast fighting type, and carries taunt for trick room, plus sash. what you can do is swap taunt between terrakion and talonflame, giving the other quick guard, as both learn these moves, helps a lot with thundurus, blocking thunderwaves and taunts, which you want. or you can keep will-o-wisp if you're a mega kangaskhan phobic like me, but do keep quick guard in mind, it helps the team so much. additional tips would be considering lum kingdra, eject button politoed, and to an extent life orb terrakion, but that last one is too shaky.

i hope you enjoy !

Last edited:

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
I was afraid this thread would be locked if I posted teams so I pm'd the people requesting teams. Hopefully this thread says around bc I enjoy building for people with interesting mons like mega manectric

Kangaskhan-Mega (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 192 HP / 108 Atk / 204 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Chandelure @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 1 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Trick Room
- Protect

Gyarados @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Double-Edge
- Stone Edge

Hoopa-Unbound @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

Very similar to an old team every one has seen me use with good success. This new squad has more offensive presence which is an improvement imo.Having a fake out user, a fake out immune, and amoonguss to redirect taunts makes it fairly easy to set up trick room. Hoopa is going max SpA so you do not have too many physical attackers, and Max HP so you can survive a few hits to reset TR

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Talonflame @ Choice Band
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Steel Wing
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Scrafty @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Head Smash
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Went hyper offense here. Manectric, Deo-Attack, and Talon is the core I decide to build around so you can put a ton of offensive pressure on your opponent and pivot around with Volt switch and Uturn to your more bulky mons. per-evolution manectric is really useful for lighting rod to stop twaves from thundy which destory both talon and deoA. The other 3 mons provide bulky support. Aegi adds a spore immune and wide guard support. Scarfty offers you fake out support and a way to take out Twaving thundys with Head Smash. Rotom wash's EV spread is total bulk so you can wisp kangs, hydro landos, and take down bulky waters

Last edited:
I have always struggled with team building, and am new to doubles OU (transfered over from VGC). That being said, I am a big fan of rain and hail teams. The latter of which I've never really seen exist purely in the VGC, or doubles. From what I understand, the 6v6 format of doubles allows for a mixing of 2 styles in one team, and I would very much like to play a mixed rain-hail style team. Two pokes I feel would do well in this as a start point are;

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

and

Adamant Abomasnow@Lum Berry
Snow Warning
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Swords Dance-
-Protect-
-Wood Hammer-
-Earthquake-

I'm pretty old school with my choices, as such, if possible, I would really like to not have to use Megas, with as many older gen pokes as possible. If this is stupid to ask, then I understand, the meta has changed alot since 4 years ago (when I last played).

Cheers,
Monsoon

I would like a team around Kang+Keldeo+Bisharp. Keldeo+Bisharp core seems intriguing, plus Kang as my preferred mega.
Thanks in advance!

Monsoon dont take what n1n1 said personally, but what he meant is that , even with a high skilled builder, rain-hail is still , by nature, a none solid core idea to build a team around, which would mean the team would turn out somewhat weak, even if built by a skilled player. each on its own can work tho

Monsoon dont take what n1n1 said personally, but what he meant is that , even with a high skilled builder, rain-hail is still , by nature, a none solid core idea to build a team around, which would mean the team would turn out somewhat weak, even if built by a skilled player. each on its own can work tho
It's fine mate, I've gotten thick skin having been here a number of years now.

I'll amend my idea to just rain then, same as previously and all, just without the hail,as for the second rain poke;

Raichu @ Zap Plate
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Volt Tackle
- Feint
- Nuzzle

Peace,
Monsoon

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello there ! To any skilled teambuilder that reads this : I've been struggling to build a decent rain team, so if you have time, I'd greatly appreciate a rain team with Mega Swampert, with enough pressure to set some substitutes if possible !
Thanks in advance.
Gros orteil
I also have struggled to build a decent rain team, but since no one else has offered a team for you I have slightly edited kylecole's classic rain team to include sub like you asked. Prankster thundy with sub is kind of cool. Going fast thundy with Flash Cannon to hit fairies since this team didnt have any steel moves before.

Talon (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Poli (Politoed) @ Eject Button
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Ludi (Ludicolo) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Swamp (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Thundy (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Substitute

Terrak (Terrakion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

I have always struggled with team building, and am new to doubles OU (transfered over from VGC). That being said, I am a big fan of rain and hail teams. The latter of which I've never really seen exist purely in the VGC, or doubles. From what I understand, the 6v6 format of doubles allows for a mixing of 2 styles in one team, and I would very much like to play a mixed rain-hail style team. Two pokes I feel would do well in this as a start point are;

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

and

Adamant Abomasnow@Lum Berry
Snow Warning
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Swords Dance-
-Protect-
-Wood Hammer-
-Earthquake-

I'm pretty old school with my choices, as such, if possible, I would really like to not have to use Megas, with as many older gen pokes as possible. If this is stupid to ask, then I understand, the meta has changed alot since 4 years ago (when I last played).

Cheers,
Monsoon
I thought about it. I though Rain+Hail and both mons have Green, Ttar is also green, let me do a triple weather green team!!!
as ridiculous that is I couldnt do physical sword dance lum berry abomasnow.
So there is no mega here either, which you asked for. You are kind of weak to kang and fighting types so keep that in mind but I think this is decent for a green triple weather; you should find it fun if you dont take it seriously

Poli (Politoed) @ Eject Button
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Ludicolo @ Lum Berry
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Substitute
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

someone else should take up the other requests imo

n1n1 said:
I also have struggled to build a decent rain team, but since no one else has offered a team for you I have slightly edited kylecole's classic rain team to include sub like you asked. Prankster thundy with sub is kind of cool. Going fast thundy with Flash Cannon to hit fairies since this team didnt have any steel moves before.
Hey, the team looks awesome and it really matches with what I was looking for :)
I'm looking forward to play it, thanks for your help !

I really love team building and gotten good practice over it, but trying to build around a DUU Mon for DOU was... just different. And I really wanted to build around Mega Blastoise for some time now; I want to finish my collection of Kanto Starter Megas.

Well, I already created/borrowed some EVs and movesets and concluded with the following:

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 136 HP / 248 SpA / 40 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Protect

With this EV set, Mega Blastoise will survive one of the following per game:
  • Venusaur's / Ludicolo's Giga Drain (LO)
  • Mega Charizard-Y's Solar Beam
  • Ferrothorn's Power Whip
  • Zapdos's / (Bulky) Thundurus's / Rotom-Wash's Thunderbolt
  • Mega Kangaskhan's Double-Edge
Offensively speaking, its (Rain-Boosted) Muddy Water is comparable to Kingdra's Muddy Water. Also, its Aura Sphere is useful against uninvested Mega Kangaskhan (leaves 1 HP) and some bothersome Mons like Kyurem-Black and other Steel types. Ice Beam is for taking out Zapdos and Thundurus, assuming that the team will have Trick Room or Tailwind.

84 Speed investment will let Mega Blastoise to outspeed Rotom-Wash (Bulky) and other Mons that invested just enough to outspeed Landorus-T (Adamant) through Tailwind and Weather.

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 172 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
-

Next, I chose Thundurus because using Politoed straight out tells the opponent that Mega Blastoise must be eliminated. Thus, I decided that I must play more cleverly with Mega Blastoise. In addition, Thundurus could be a good lure to potential threats.

After creating this core, I simply got stuck. I began to have questions like what Tailwind user can I use without unnecessarily using Zapdos or Suicune. Eventually, I would build and delete, build and delete... simply not satisfied with the overall team. If you can help out, I'll gladly appreciate it. Thanks~

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to doubles with a long time experience from OU and even if i really appreciate the format, blizzard spam team of this thread and a self-made team that isn't particularly fun to use, i'd like to get a team with pokemons i like to use in this metagame and with a little bit more skillcap.
Being a long time Raikou fan, i tried him with assault vest similarly to OU and it worked better than expected so i would really appreciate if anyone can build a team featuring him and possibly sub-Heatran, Banded Gyarados and Aegislash but those three can be skipped as they don't seem to work well together based on my testing.

Here is the Raikou set:
Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Snarl
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I chose Extrasensory over Shadowball as i encountered quite a lot of Venusaur and relatively few Aegislash (and Snarl criples him anyway).

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)