Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Lando + Jirachi + Sylveon means Bisharp time... well, that was what I thought before seeing the EVs that they had. Nevertheless, it is still a good hyper offensive in the core. Mega Gengar is quite a great mon too because it can Disable any incoming threats or annoyances (ex. earthquake, sucker punch, follow me) and trap them so that the core can finish dealing with them. Sludge Wave over Sludge Bomb as a little reminder that Sylveon is never safe, even with Jirachi, and Bisharp would be glad to take an Icy Wind.

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Against this particular team, Trace is going to be better for P2. Even if you do get the SpA boost, which is half the time against this team, Traced abilities would still be better most of the time. Parental Bond? Prankster Recover? Water Absorb to neuter Volcanion's best attack against it i.e. not likely to get burned. Intimidate? Heck, even Serene Grace gives 20% freeze and para. Yes please.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

Swampert @ Expert Belt
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 196 HP / 36 Def / 192 SpA / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Hydro Pump
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Gengar @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Swampert on its own really does a number on this team - pretty much ignoring Thundurus / Rachi, using Wide Guard to stop Sylveon entirely and cripple Lando-T, and severely damaging Rachi, Lando-T, and Volcanion with just two attacks, giving it room for Protect to shield from Fake Out. The only difficult matchup for Swampert on the team is Mega Kangaskhan, and somewhat Volcanion, both of which can 2HKO before Swampert gets a chance to move a second time. That's where Gengar comes in, burning Kang and taking advantage of Sylveon's inability to attack by hitting it with Sludge Bomb.

With the sets, I got a little bit excited and tried my best to build an entire CT in two mons, so they probably aren't the most reliable in other situations aside from facing this exact team. Swampert is EV'd to OHKO Landorus-T with Hydro Pump, 2HKO the given Jirachi spread with Earth Power, and outspeed both Rachi and Volcanion after an Icy Wind. The HP and Def are split up so that even a +1 Kang can't OHKO with Frustration. Gengar isn't in danger of being OHKO'd by anything from Kyle's team, so I went Sitrus Berry > Sash and gave it 80 HP EVs since there was nothing between 330 Speed and 350 Speed worth hitting. This also prevents Volcanion from OHKOing with a Steam Eruption + burn damage.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
[2:11 PM] CorruptedOmega: someone save my thread
[2:11 PM] CorruptedOmega: it's dying

itt everyone submits Gastrodon + something else
:3

Gastrodon-East @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 80 Def / 160 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 176 SpA / 60 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Just standard sets for now, but Gastrodon beats Lando/Thundy/Volcanion while Aegislash beats Kang/Rachi/Sylveon. Pretty basic lol but I love gastro and wanted to prove Bughouse right :3

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Holy moly guys, sorry I'm so late. I've had a ton of IRL stuff going on.

Time to vote! To vote, just post the name of the user you're voting for.

n1n1
Test Bot #
talkingtree
GreenGogoatttt

Voting ends Monday at 8 PM GMT -5.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Congrats to talkingtree for winning this week! His submission will be added to the Hall of Fame, and we'll be breaking one of his very own teams this week.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 52 HP / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 76 SpA / 88 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 23 Spe
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 48 Def / 24 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect
"This is the team I've been using the most recently, and it has had relative success, getting me reqs in the Azu suspect and going 2-0 in tournaments. I built it with Nido-Rus around Mega Gengar + DD Gyara, since Gengar goes well with strong Water-types (s/o Frameworks thread). There are a few fun sets like Timid SubKyube and the Heattom set that has made me reconsider advocating for it to drop. Lum Terrak is my crutch that I find myself placing on every team as an emergency Thund/Zard/Kang/TR answer, and Ferrothorn rounds the team out as a great wincon, given that you can use Mega Gengar to trap and defeat Fire- and Fighting-types."

Let's see if you can break this team!

Submissions close Friday at 8:00 PM GMT -5.

Reserving Keldeo + Heatran, will write up once I get home

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

While the Heatran set is standard, let me explain the Keldeo set a little bit. Scarf Keldeo has been a favorite set of mine for a while, since it hits hard and 108 base speed outspeeds every other relevant scarfer, even when Modest (except Scarf Kyube) as well as Deo-A and Mega-Aerodactyl. Max Modest Hydro Pump always OHKO's Rotom-Heat (and Scald does 80-97%.) Thanks to the Kyube running less HP than standard, Secret Sword will always 75%+ (not enough for it to make a sub.) Scald always 2HKO's Mega-Gengar (same with Hydro) Secret Sword always 2HKO's Ferro, and Terrakion just dies to secret sword or Hydro anyways. I threw the rest of the 92 EV's into HP since Keld has good natural bulk, and it ensures that Keld will always live CC + Rock Slide will never KO without a crit. While this Keld set pretty much breaks the team on its own, it fails to OHKO a few things, which is where Heatran comes in, as Heatran can hit most weakened threats with Heat Wave, and it can sub up on a T-Wave from Rotom-H.

Last edited:

Mega Diancie does significant amount of damage to Kyurem-B and Rotom-H, and OHKO's Terrakion. Hydreigon can take care of Mega Gengar and Ferrothorn (by Flamethrower), and inflict significant amount of damage to Gyarados (by Draco Meteor), allowing Mega Diancie to chip whatever HP is left.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Last edited:

Test Bot pointed out that Diancie does really well here but I didn't wanna copycat too much so I went with fast skill slide mon + controversially placed on VR mon. The fast rock slide/flying moves can really put a dent in this team as it lacks reliable speed control. Rock Slide hits Kyurem and Rotom super effectively and can also chunk mega gengar, also it can just flinch things, wing attack hits single target and can do damage to terrakion, with Wide guard protecting from terrakion as well. Rotom-H is fast af so that it can volt on Gyara before it kills me, Overheat because why else use Heat-tom. I think these two mons can work quite well, coverage and support options between these two mons work pretty well against Tree's team.
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Wing Attack
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Matame

New Rules

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head

Salamence @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Tailwind

Fast spread rock + way of beating Ferro does swell vs this team, so I thought i'd be a special snowflake and submit scarf tar, which also happens to OHKO Gengar. Salamence hits ferro with fire blast and does well vs gyara due to its dragon typing. It also has speed control which allows it to outspeed terrak and allows ttar to outspeed mega gar.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Time to vote! To vote, just post the name of the person you're voting for.

Tymano
Test Bot #
miltankmilk
Matame

Voting ends Monday at 8:00 PM GMT -5.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Test Bot and miltankmilk both have the same number of votes, so I'll cast mine to break the tie. Congrats to Test Bot for winning this week! His submission will be added to the Hall of Fame, and we'll be breaking one of his very own teams this week.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Conkeldurr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Rock Slide

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Protect

"During the Jirachi suspect test, I decided to build around a fast & furious Zard and of course, a Jirachi of my own. Usually these two work well together and do a good job of making opponents think this is a Semi-TR team. Conkeldurr is obviously the team's Wide Guard user and adds to the nice insurance that Landorus-T gives the team. Next, Thundurus provides speed control and checks Status move users, but the team still had problems with Cresselia and Dragons types. As of result, I decided to add Hydreigon to the team."

Let's see if you can break this team!

Submissions close Friday at 8:00 PM GMT -5.

emma

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
DPL Champion
reserving mdiancie + landot

+

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

diancie outspeeds and shits on zardy/conk/thundy/hydra. it gets kod by landot/rachi but heres when our own landot comes in. it weakens lando w/ intimidate and provides a ground immune while it can do huge damage to jirachi and lando. special is preferred so it can avoid wide guard and go bigger damage to opposing lando.

Last edited:

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Hey guys, I'm going to stop hosting this project. No one seems particularly interested in it anyways, and each week the number of submissions has been getting smaller and smaller. Also my interest in competitive Pokemon has been waning for a while now, and I just don't have as much time on my hands as I used to.

Feel free to lock this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)