[DONE] JOHTO CLASSIC - Post your results!

finished 2° in Italy

I only regret the fact that Persian costed me 5 loses, with the sleep/confusion combo not working at all. I could have used my original core since the start, maybe gaining a little more points..

Last edited:
johto classic.png

Down over 150 overall ranks from where I placed in Flash Clash. The next singles event can't come fast enough.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
image.jpeg

like I said I only managed 21-18 with my terrible luck throughout the competition. I still really like the team I brought and would probably still use it if I could choose again, but I also kinda regret not building a team around stuff that was available due to the lack of pentagons like Counter Gengar, Aura Sphere Raikou, Sheer Cold Suicune etc. and other stuff that I have but never get to use. My original idea for this was to build a "Johto Classic" version of one of my regular BSS teams as, coincidentally, I use a lot of Kanto / Johto Pokemon and finding eligible replacements for those that aren't could have worked. I also think Lapras would have been a great sleeper threat that I wish I used. But I think these feelings mostly stem from my poor performance making me wonder what could have been if I used something else. I bet if I did well I wouldn't be thinking that haha.

kinda bummed that we have another International Challenge (I get why they have them but they consistently have only like ~1000 entrants whereas normal comps like this get 20,000+), but at least I can focus on BSS this month. I've had a great start to s16 so it's probably a good thing there's no competition to play!

We're waiting for Hoenn Classic ahahaha *^*
We already had the Battle of Hoenn at the start of ORAS, I would guarantee that we won't get a Hoenn Classic because the next is gonna be Sky Battles.

Oh and Brightpower on Entei was a throwaway item since the best items were already taken and I didn't want him limited to a Choice Band, but it was still a horrible item choice. I should have opted for something like an Expert belt or even a Passho Berry. I won't be using Brightpower again unless I'm playing with evasion moves.
Assault Vest ?_?

edit: lol why was that image so big..?

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I was ranked 8th for US and 132nd overall. Had loads of fun with this metagame, way more so than Kanto Classic, I might add. 3v3 was definitely the right call. Much faster, less drawn out matches other than the one stall team I faced (and lost to :c ). Went 28-8 overall.

I used the team I have in my signature. Raikou was easily MVP. A lot of teams I faced didn't have an electric immunity, and the ones that did were super predictable thanks to HP Grass hitting Lanturn and Ground types alike. Banded Azumarill was also a monster. Nobody was prepared for it. STABs 2HKOd Quagsire and Unaware Clefable while Superpower OHKOd P2 and Snorlax.

Edit: I also have to mention that I got to use my Shiny Scizor that I accidentally bred for this competition without going for a shiny. She had 5 perfect IVs in HP, Def, SpA, SpD and Spe and had 28-29 Atk IVs, so she is basically perfect! :D

Last edited:
Serebii posted that Miltank is now available. However, when I log into the PGL I see no code.

Am I missing something?

View attachment 63330
expression is appropriate

like I said I only managed 21-18 with my terrible luck throughout the competition. I still really like the team I brought and would probably still use it if I could choose again, but I also kinda regret not building a team around stuff that was available due to the lack of pentagons like Counter Gengar, Aura Sphere Raikou, Sheer Cold Suicune etc. and other stuff that I have but never get to use. My original idea for this was to build a "Johto Classic" version of one of my regular BSS teams as, coincidentally, I use a lot of Kanto / Johto Pokemon and finding eligible replacements for those that aren't could have worked. I also think Lapras would have been a great sleeper threat that I wish I used. But I think these feelings mostly stem from my poor performance making me wonder what could have been if I used something else. I bet if I did well I wouldn't be thinking that haha.

kinda bummed that we have another International Challenge (I get why they have them but they consistently have only like ~1000 entrants whereas normal comps like this get 20,000+), but at least I can focus on BSS this month. I've had a great start to s16 so it's probably a good thing there's no competition to play!

We already had the Battle of Hoenn at the start of ORAS, I would guarantee that we won't get a Hoenn Classic because the next is gonna be Sky Battles.

Assault Vest ?_?
I felt I needed Sub for status spammers like Smeargle and Venu, but Assault Vest + another coverage move would have been much better.

This was the first time I've really used Substitute in the competitive setting, so admittedly, I wasn't used to it.
Serebii posted that Miltank is now available. However, when I log into the PGL I see no code.

Am I missing something?
I think it's just been updated to the front page, but either way, here's the direct link from earlier:

https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/pokemon/present/4050

As long as you haven't been DQ'ed, you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Capture.PNG
1,516 Ranking. Not a very good ranking overall, but a great improvement over my Kanto Classic ranking which was in the 4,000's. Signs of improvement at the very least.

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Disappointing result, dropping roughly 500 positions from the Kanto Classic. I'm still a little upset I didn't get to play my last battles because I was stupid and thought it ended some hours later than it did. But in any case, I had fun!

GG to everyone, it was nice sharing the prep and strategy talk with everyone (I'm pretty new here)!

Because of the eShop, Peru doesn't have its own store and Canada is the only country that allows us to pay using a Peruvian credit card.
Fascinating! I had no idea. So with that in mind, I've probably battled some trainers from Peru rather than Canada! Sucks you guys don't have your own store though, :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)